Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Whats the fuss about 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What is with 2012? whats going to happen thats supposedly so big? People just keep talking about it....they say its the end of the Mayan Calender so its the end of the world...is it?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Do you want my opinion, or do you want the whole "the world is going to obliterate" scenario?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Apparently, it's either the end of the world or this age.

Either way, it's a major turn over for us.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
Apparently, it's either the end of the world or this age.

Either way, it's a major turn over for us.

The original Hebrew bible never said "the end of the world." It said "the end of the age." In my opinion, that is what lies in store, "the end of the age." Now, anyone who wants to dispte this can, but it's not likely to detract me from what I know to be truth.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I just want some sort of explanation

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
wasnt something supposed to happen in 2003 or something like the world was supposed to end on december 12th? i cant remember the date

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortal_Roses

Except for speculation concerning war & aliens, contradicting predictions about asteroids & mass disclosure and quite a lot of utter bullsh*t theories...

You are just going to have to wait to find out... unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Except for speculation concerning war & aliens, contradicting predictions about asteroids & mass disclosure and quite a lot of utter bullsh*t theories...

You are just going to have to wait to find out... unfortunately.

oh ok thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortal_Roses

Heh, good luck with that one. 2012 is the culmination of A LOT of theories/brainfarts.

For me the one that holds the most water is that we are going through the centre-line (not the centre itself mind you) of the milkyway and the radiation/vibration eminating out of the centre will (and is) affect(ing) us all.

If you look at the solarsystem itself and google 'solar system warming up' you will read here and there that the whole system is heating up at the moment. If you google 'solar storm warning 2012' you will read that we will have a sun in overdrive around that time and it is speculated it will be one of the more severe ones of the last several decades, this in combination with a speculated pole-shift around the same time could be potentially harmfull for us. ( news.nationalgeographic.com... )

Well, the fuss is that in the more esoteric, religious and even scientific world things are up and our relative place in the milkyway is at the centre of it all. The scientific community only talks about the physical side of it, the (fanatic) religous has their eyes set on the biblical/insert holy book of choice end-times and the esoteric community say that it is a end of an age and nothing to be scared of and the whole lot will ascend to where ever.

Just read up about it. Google end-times/ascension/apocalypse/alignment all in combination with 2012 and that will get you started. Go your way from there and have fun.

Oh, and there is another one that says that planet-X/niburu will show up and kill us all, let's not hope that is the one that is true

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
how would planet x kill us if its a planet? thanks for the links

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

the esoteric community say that it is a end of an age and nothing to be scared of and the whole lot will ascend to where ever.

Well, not exactly. Not everyone will make the transition. There is going to be chaos and death, which we are experiencing now. Those that are able to survive over the next, well, might as well say three years, will definitely see something they never imagined could happen on earth.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here is a site you may want to take a look at:

Survive

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

how would planet x kill us if its a planet? thanks for the links

No probs, have fun googling it all. Well the brainfart in question is that it will fly through our solarsystem and leave a trail of destruction because of the gravitational pull of the thing and because of that it will cause weatherstorms at our planet that will kick our butt. And another one is that the planet is inhabited with a race of pretty nasty aliens that want to eat/enslave/keep us as pets/all of the mentioned us all. So that would suck.

And if you google that you will see alot of speculation here and there, while it could be true personally i think it is not really plausable that it is the case.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
im starting to think that the mayans are right cuz its a sun calender and the end of the world may have something to do with solar storm....thanks for the link survive

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Ah well, even if 90% dies they will get another chance with the whole reïncarnation gig going on. I mean; IF the ascension thing is true, it means that there is 'more' then the eye can see so i think if that is the case that reïncarnation is a possibility too. If we are just a random happening fluke called humans it means that after this life there is nothing and that is ok also. The one thing i just cannot see as true is the whole religious take on it so for me personally i'm taking that one out of my line of reasoning.

[edit] And what i'm trying to say is that i decided not to be scared/stressed/depressed over what may happen and i believe that it is helpfull for our chances of survival if it would become the general trend.

Stop pushing for the end-times! A topic of mine that outlines the idea a bit more clearly

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Harman]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i dont think religion has anything to do with it...unless its another flood thing but even still it probably has something to do with the sun if you ask me

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

i dont think religion has anything to do with it...unless its another flood thing but even still it probably has something to do with the sun if you ask me

Yeah the most probable one is the universe and our place in it that affects us all, it doesn't need any holy intervention or whatever. BUT the religious pushers of the world are advocationg this scenario including the Anti-christ and everything. You have project bluebeam that is a possibility to distract us from the REAL happening and that is the possible ascension thing. The end of an age but not the end of just an age but the age of time itself. Time is speeding up at the moment, it is not just the old people getting affected these days but everyone. In 2012 zero-time will happen, at least that is another theory. ( see en.wikipedia.org... ) The creator of that theory came up with 2012 BEFORE he knew about the Mayan prophecy, so it at least is a fun coincidence.

I could go on for hours but just research it for yourself, that is the most fun

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I don't think religion has anything to do with anything.

Whatever happens, I hope it goes according to plan...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
thats cool! and weird, thanks for all the information you gave me and sorry for asking all these questions

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Heh, no problem whatsoever. If you have any questions just ask them, and just remember to keep your options open about what could possibly happen, even the possibility that nothing will happen around that time ofcourse
. Research, ask questions, read books and do not let fear guide your thoughts and everything will be fine

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join