It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the fuss about 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I flagged this thread 'cause there haven't been any threads that I've found with people SERIOUSLY interested in 2012; as I am, anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
I flagged this thread 'cause there haven't been any threads that I've found with people SERIOUSLY interested in 2012; as I am, anyway.

Most 2012 threads are just to spout the OP's pet theory and those are no fun, so i have to agree on the flagging thing

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Harman]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
thanks for flagging it

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

I pretty much agree with everything you said. As one who personally believes in the idea of reincarnation, I suppose it really doesn't matter whether one survives or not; however, I'd like to survive it that way I don't have to go through the whole process again. You know?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortal_Roses
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I just want some sort of explanation

Gee, Ya could do a search yourself, there's a ton of info on the net for 2012.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Here is a site you may want to take a look at:

Survive

Thank you, I was hoping this would not turn into another Nibiru Debate.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

im starting to think that the mayans are right cuz its a sun calender and the end of the world may have something to do with solar storm....thanks for the link survive

i also give more credence to solar maximum hitting us in 2011/2012 than most other 2012 theories

although dont worry too much we had a solar max 50 years ago , and we are all still here right? but just to give you a little reading

From Nasa itself

"History shows that big sunspot cycles 'ramp up' faster than small ones," he says. "I expect to see the first sunspots of the next cycle appear in late 2006 or 2007—and Solar Max to be underway by 2010 or 2011."

NASA ARTICLE

A big solar flare hitting earth in 2012 is entirely possible, the effect? depends on the magnitude i suppose, anything from cell phones being messed up to the atmosphere being burnt off the planet.

[edit on 7/8/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortal_Roses

if you are of love/light you will evolve

these two videos will help you out

part1
www.youtube.com...
part2
www.youtube.com...

there is a whole harmonic equation to this...universal stuff going on...amazing stuff going to happen

from what i hear this will happen and that is fact

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
to the original op.

this is what will happen. your family will turn into giants like jack and the bean stalk and they will live in the clouds and grind bones to make there bread............

do you know what google is? maybe you should reasearch and find out then use it to learn abit more about 2012 and if your lazy hit search on the ATS site and find the 1290834732074387409124 threads regarding 2012.

whats the point of making a thread asking "whats the fuss about 2012?" seriously no one realy has a freaking clue every ones guess is as good as yours.

seriously unless people have some good infomation to report enough with the brainless posts regarding 2012

[edit on 7-8-2008 by gate13]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
im sorry.............

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

What is with 2012? whats going to happen thats supposedly so big? People just keep talking about it....they say its the end of the Mayan Calender so its the end of the world...is it?

We live on a planet in a solarsystem on the arm of a spiral galaxy. As the galaxy turns the arms spin around. The arms are tube like, and our solar system rides in a circular pattern within the arm. The process takes about 26000 years to go full circle. About every 13000 years we cross the most center point of the galaxy. This is a plain with extreams in gravational pull.

The process of crossing the plain takes about 7 years. Last time we crossed the plain is as far as we can research the world's history. The world is the kingdoms of mankind that are set upon the planet.

This isn't the end of the planet nor is it the end of mankind. It's the end of the "world" (the setup of the kingdoms of mankind upon the planet).

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
most of what everyone said is true. 3600 year cycle 12-21-2012 is the end of thebfourth cycle. As nibiru (planet x), which Is not a planet but the second star in our solar system(brown dwarf), grows closer, it will interfere more with our magnetic field causing vast weather anomalies. In the shadow of x, is the planet where the anunaki live. They will come and claim to be our creators. Do not believe them. Ask them who created them. Wheat will be worth more than gold. All governments know this. The only safe places are the four corners around Colorado & new mexico and caves.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Your toaster is going to come to life and eat you....RUN!!!!!
Just another date the end days nuts picked out from some Indian tribe that died off 800 years ago. Well most anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i was just confused and i thought you guys would have some info

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just wanted to add they have a 2012 movie coming out in December. It's not one of those cheap ones, but an expensive Hollywood movie. It will be interesting.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Just wanted to add they have a 2012 movie coming out in December. It's not one of those cheap ones, but an expensive Hollywood movie. It will be interesting.

k thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

What are you confused about? Do you have questions to ask?

Many people don't want to face the reality of 2012 so they use the crazies and fools who pass along bad and parranoid infomation as a reason to deny the reality behind the date.

There is however, for those that are willing to do the research, very intresting phenomenons based around that date.

The date is good. I know. I don't need to "prove" it to anyone that doesn't want to see it. They are best to live the rest of their time in their ignorance of the reality of the date anyway.

However I'm kinda good at answering questions about the topic.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

What are you confused about? Do you have questions to ask?

Many people don't want to face the reality of 2012 so they use the crazies and fools who pass along bad and parranoid infomation as a reason to deny the reality behind the date.

There is however, for those that are willing to do the research, very intresting phenomenons based around that date.

The date is good. I know. I don't need to "prove" it to anyone that doesn't want to see it. They are best to live the rest of their time in their ignorance of the reality of the date anyway.

However I'm kinda good at answering questions about the topic.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Incarnated]

I dont know what to believe cuz everyone is telling me something different and I thought this site might have proof. I may be kinda stupid cuz im only 13 but it just boggles my mind cuz i thought there would be one answer....but i guess not. Do you think we will survive if something does happen?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

"We" as in "mankind" will survive. The estimated global deathtoll rate is calculated somewhere between 80-92% of all people will not make it.

This has happened before. It is happening now. The signs are already in place. The pole shift has started, the governments are setting up for war.

This "World" is the way mankind has cut up the land in nations and kingdoms and families.

Many governements "know", but as governments go, they hope for the best and plan for the worst. The governmental factors are hoping it doesn't happen, but they are aware of the phenomen. As we draw closer to the date it will become more painfully observable to all that it is in fact happening. This is what sets off the nations to fighting with eachother. Everyone wants to come out on top at the other end.

The United States does okay in the greater system of things.

You should not be afraid. Fear is poison for your mind. It makes you do stupid thinks and that decreases your ability to survive. There will be people who through fear join groups setting up a one shot chance of survival and when that falls through they'll have no other options.

Find your center. Find your inner peace and you'll do fine. Lose yourself to fear, parranoia, hate, anger, agression, or other negitive inner workings and you'll be lost.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sometimes its hard to believe all this.

Sadly, after a lot of search, by a lot of people, adding to the world we see in front of us, there does seem to be truth in this.

im a normal lad, 35, scottish, football coach, i work as a dj, just a normal guy.

i think the "end game" or the "end of times"..call it what you want, is happening.
its not coming, its not on its way, its HERE.

look about, watch tv, talk to people, check sites, forums like this, its EVERYWHERE. we can all feel it, we all sense it, we smell it, we can see it. its all around us, its covering us, and we can do nothing.

i have 2 sons, and i fear for them.

take away the whole 2012 thing altogether, the world is STILL going pear shaped (wrong) we couldnt have any more going against us right now, we all know it, sadly, we are all standing watching. the people in control can do nothing.

i PRAY that we are all just paranoid, sadly, there IS something in this 1.

this will be Dec 31st 1999 x 100 at least.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join