It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'God is punishing Canada'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Good old Fred Phelps, that man can make me laugh harder than Trey Parker and Matt Stone can. Why you can almost imagine the old guy whistling "Blame Canada" right now, can't you? Let's see..."God hates Fags" and "God hates Canada", with that logic Canadians must be fags. I really wish I could go see that protest live in person....because it as been a long time since I have seen a more deserving person getting their butt stomped into a mudhole. Too bad we are not allowed to do what is the right and decent thing here in America.

Like I said, sure wish I could be there, guess you guys get to have all the fun...be sure to kick the guy a couple times in the ribs for me.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissInformation
What a bunch of sick #%&@s!!! I can't believe these so called christians would even consider doing that at a funeral of someone who was killed so horrifically. And what exactly does some twisted maniac killing his seatmate on a bus for no reason have to do with God "punishing" Canada? These b*st**ds shouldn't even be allowed to cross our borders if they plan on doing that at this poor guy's funeral.

please dont defile my faith by claiming these people are christian, they are as far from christianity as you could get without living in hell.

i just went to check out their website to see what the deal was with these people, i have never seen such hate and intolerence, baptists are alittle odd at the best of times but these people are nuts.

there is nothing about them that is representative of christianity in any way shape or form.

they are nothing more than small minded hate mongers.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

First time poster here, I've tried joining ATS however the registration page is not completely legible resulting in my inability to register. Many areas are shaded and gray. Can someone please help? Now as for my comments on this topic:
Perhaps Mr. Hateful is a latent homosexual and his way of trying to rid himself of these desires is to spew hatred toward the gays. I believe it’s called deflecting

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

In my experience, I have seen many a people spew evil and condemnation at individuals that remind them of the things in themselves that they detest. Perhaps Mr. Phelps is a latent homosexual and his way of trying to rid himself of these desires is to spew hatred toward the gays. I believe it’s called deflecting.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm still holding out for the youtube video of these "church member" ass-hats getting their asses kicked by the funeral party. Now that would be something to see.

But I do believe Canada must be punished for giving us Celine Dion. I'm sorry, the bacon you guys have is good, but it just doesn't make up for it.

Well, maybe the bacon and the beer.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
I'm still holding out for the youtube video of these "church member" ass-hats getting their asses kicked by the funeral party. Now that would be something to see.

But I do believe Canada must be punished for giving us Celine Dion. I'm sorry, the bacon you guys have is good, but it just doesn't make up for it.

Well, maybe the bacon and the beer.
Ahem, and weed.. of course.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Pait
i really hate canada too

Come on what is wrong with Edmonton? We have the Oilers. We have super hot chicks. We have oil. We have...ok I give...we suck. But the girls are hot. Our local football team has the hottest cheerleaders ever.

I wish I knew when this funeral was, I would make the trip to make at least a couple of these idiots got a piece of my foot. It would be a good excuse to not have to go to the in-laws this weekend.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Good old Fred Phelps, that man can make me laugh harder than Trey Parker and Matt Stone can.

Really? So you can imagine how funny a southpark episode with Fred Phelps would be lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I also wish I could be there. A fairly long trip from Vancouver. My thoughts go out to the McLean family and friends who have to not only deal with a sudden and senseless loss. Having to also put up with the swarm of media and questions and to top it all off, the pain and suffering of having these douchbags show up.

We do have freedom of religion and freedom of speech, but try finding a judge in Canada who would hear a case of assault against a relative or friend who pummeled one of these people protesting this poor souls funeral. These people will be surprised when the afterlife brings them eternal damnnation in hell.

God Rest Tim McLean Jr's soul

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
How did this turn into the Can-American war?????
We are on the same side (except anyone who ever supported Bush).

Can't we just make up and pick on Mexico together???

Good one. If the border guards have a heads up they will be looking for them and turn them back.
If they have a brain they won't come up here. They just might be surprised.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Good news, a group of these whack jobs were stopped at the Canada-U.S. border and weren't allowed to enter. Shirley Phelps is claiming that there are already other members here in Canada though and that others will attempt to cross at a different location.

Controversial U.S. church group stopped at border
www.nationalpost.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
God already punished Canada by allowing it to become part of the Federal United States (it was punishment enough putting it next to the USA - now it is part of it). shessshhhh.

I believe in freedom of speech but not when it hurts someone else or infringes on their freedoms. I'd say they will be arrested... and probably should be tazed. Afterall, being tazed is the new American Way.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
Seriously what is wrong with these nuts?

Abrahamic religion.
It is a disease.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
These nuts really seem determined to give religion a bad name by provoking almost everyone. If they keep this up they're bound to get themselves hurt. Why don't they find themselves a safer pass time, like wetting their fingers and then sticking them into electrical outlets??

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If you haven't seen the documentary on this 'church' it is a fascinating look into a very interesting way of life for a group of families. Amazing that the children are so indoctrinated and yet they hold jobs as lawyers, etc and are around other people so much without any problems.

It is useless to 'hate' these people, they are simply a bizarre social experiment and any attention they get simply feeds their reasoning for such antisocial behaviour. It is very sad that the children of this group seem to be %100 dedicated to the cause, they are going to get hurt badly one way or another because of all this.

I can't imagine them being allowed across the border, although I believe they have come to Canada before. They spend an absolutely insane amount of money travelling around - several of the adults are very successful lawyers which is where most of their income comes from.

ps. A couple of the older daughters in the main family are hot.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

These people are very wrong morally (obviously), but how are they not christian?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thank the bleep those sickos aren't allowed in!!!

Canadian border guards are under orders to prevent members of a fundamentalist American church from crossing into Canada to protest at the funeral Saturday of a Winnipeg man brutally killed on a Greyhound bus last week.

Westboro Baptist Church, a controversial Kansas-based sect, intends to picket the funeral of 22-year-old Tim McLean to tell Canadians his slaying on July 30 was God's response to Canadian policies enabling abortion, homosexuality and adultery.

"God is punishing Canada for passing laws against WBC — by exposing Canadians as cannibals and highway decapitaters," the church says in a news release on its website, which refers to McLean as "The Headless Canadian."

Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day's office sent an alert to border patrol to "look out" for people with signs and pamphlets consistent with the messages that the church promotes and to keep them out of the country, Winnipeg MP Pat Martin told CBC News on Friday.

"Entering Canada by a U.S. citizen isn't an absolute right, and if you're coming here only to disrupt the social order and to promote what we consider to be bordering on hate crimes or hate language, they shouldn't come into Canada," Martin said.

"We're not going to allow these people to compound the tragedy of the McLean family loss, and Canadians simply won't tolerate these lunatics disrupting what should be a respectful service."

Freedom of speech is not absolute, Martin said.

"Your freedom to swing your arm in the air ends when it touches the end of my nose," he said. "What these people were going to do was hurtful, harmful and disruptive to the peace, order and good government that we guarantee to our citizens, so they have no place in this country."

A counter-protest against the church's picket plans was launched on the social networking site Facebook on Thursday. More than 500 people have since joined the group; postings indicate they plan to form a "human wall" around the family to shield them from the church protest, if it takes place.

The Westboro Baptist Church and its founder, Pastor Fred Phelps, gained infamy by protesting gay-pride rallies and the funerals of people who have died from AIDS-related illnesses.

In recent years, church members have also picketed the funerals of American soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, claiming the deaths are also God's punishment for the country's tolerance for homosexuality.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Rumrunner]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I say they hand out aluminum bats to the people in the human shield!!!

Then when something bad happens to them, tell them it is because god hates them.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

What does this remind us of?

1. Salem Witch Trails

2. The Spanish Inquisition

3. The Crusades

Religion attracts the ignorant and the sheep ( I don't mean that kindly). That is not to say that there are not brilliant religious members out there, but on the same token that is not to say that the average religious person is smart! In my experience most are easily manipulated.

History has shown that where the masses gather you will encounter ignorance and lack of education. And there is always someone there to control and manipulate these lemmings! I cannot wait to see all religion go down!!! And that is an occurrence that I believe is starting to take place, now.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

"God is punishing Canada for passing laws against WBC — by exposing Canadians as cannibals and highway decapitaters," the church says in a news release on its website, which refers to McLean as "The Headless Canadian."

We're cannibals?

Because some guy snapped they're calling the rest of us Cannibals and "Highway Decapitators"?

Yeah, keep these guys out of Canada. I know we're notorious for being polite and understanding, but we do have our limits, and I can't guarantee I wouldn't forcefully ship these guys to a remote area of S. Africa and find one of the few remaining REAL cannibal tribes.

You guys can in the States can keep them. They'll fit in nicely with the other crazy cults that keep springing up down there.
I don't know how you guys manage to put up with these people, you must have tempers of steel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join