It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'God is punishing Canada'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
How did this turn into the Can-American war?????
We are on the same side (except anyone who ever supported Bush).

Can't we just make up and pick on Mexico together???

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The Winnipeg Free Press just posted another article. They found out about the counter protest we're organizing.

Group plans counter-rally to protect McLean Family
www.winnipegfreepress.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've seen these people in videos before, and I don't like them, BUT I do feel for the children, growing up being brainwashed etc. They don't even know what they are doing when being told say or do something.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

It's just a debate on the little quirks of Canada's and America's freedom of speech laws.

No worries

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Good for you guys!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
So they coud possibly go to jail over this? awesome, then Freddie boy can go to jai, get cornholed, and then maybe he will have some first hand knowledge of god "Hating Fags"* ...

Yes, because homosexual rape will most certainly change his mind about "fags"!

Would you like to know how I can know, with absolute surety, that man is on a higher plane of existence than animals? In the animal world, stupidity is most often punished by death.

Interesting how the most "liberal" people on this board are usually the ones screaming the loudest when someone takes to heart the "freedom of speech" gig.

Did anyone ever stop to think, for even a single second, THAT FRED PHELPS MAY BE RIGHT? Of course not, because that would require contemplation, and looking at the big picture.

Ohhhhhh! Is your blood pressure rising? Are you raising up in "righteous indignation" at my position? Have you hit "reply" without even reading this far? Here's a little hint: I haven't even stated a position on this subject yet, contrary to what you are thinking. You see how not thinking gets you in trouble? I bet some of you are ready to "hang me" on my "position" on this subject, and I haven't even stated what my position is!

Have any of you ever sat down and THOUGHT ABOUT what he is saying? I'd bet not. I have. It didn't take long. I disagree with his hypothesis. BUT I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT IT, AND HAVE REASONS BEHIND MY DISAGREEMENT, not just a knee-jerk reaction to protect homosexuals.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I guess to think that he was right, I would have believe in God, which I don't. Anyone that puts that much time and effort into protesting these things, to me, is a waste of oxygen. There is so much better things to do with the time that they have on the planet than to run around spouting hate. It is not just about homosexuals either. This kid did nothing to deserve this. So why are they using his death as an avenue to push their deluded ideas? If it had been some gay person that this happened to...that might be different. I have yet to see anything from them that remotely justifies tormenting innocent people for someone else's sins.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

I guess to think that he was right, I would have believe in God, which I don't. Anyone that puts that much time and effort into protesting these things, to me, is a waste of oxygen. There is so much better things to do with the time that they have on the planet than to run around spouting hate. It is not just about homosexuals either. This kid did nothing to deserve this. So why are they using his death as an avenue to push their deluded ideas? If it had been some gay person that this happened to...that might be different. I have yet to see anything from them that remotely justifies tormenting innocent people for someone else's sins.

I agree somewhat but religion or homosexuals have nothing to do with this. The core issue is the fact that it comes down to what is right and what is wrong. To protest at a funeral is just wrong in so many ways. They need to leave these people alone.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
These fundies are in for a big wakeup call about who's punishing whom. Why don't they focus on making their own lives better? The vitriol will only return with them finding they punished themselves.

Maybe they forgot:
"As ye sow, so shall ye reap."
"Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again."

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
These people should be stopped at the border. This is not America they are heading to. A large portion of Canadians are going to pummel these people who show up at the funeral to picket it.

They are very cruel people who are coming to Canada to do this! I pray they don't get killed or beaten up if they manage to make it here.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
PETA jumps on the band wagon!

An animal rights group has posted an ad on its website comparing the recent stabbing and decapitation of a young Winnipeg man to how humans kill animals for food.

The which country is more free argument you guys are having is silly. You know that, don't you. Reminds me of school children in a playground.

My country is better than yours!

Is not!

Is to!

Is not!

My concern is the family of the victim. If this phony churches actions and PETA's insensitivity is not a hate crime, I don't know what is. I can't understand what motivates the thoughts of groups like these.

To heck with free speech. Sometimes common sense and decency need to be a factor. What these two groups are doing is just plain sick and unacceptable.

Canada and the US are virtually the same. It is only peoples personal bigotry that causes these ridiculous arguments. Both countries are free and wonderful places to live. The rest is just people spewing hate for the sake of hate. Grow up!

It is a shame that a Common Sense Amendment is not possible in every countries Constitution.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Is there any other group that wants to jump on this bandwagon? Al Sharpton going to jump here about how the guy was discriminating against blacks? I am sure Greenpeace can grab their piece of the pie because the bus was probably running as it was waiting for the cops, so it wasted gas and polluted. What else can we heap on top of this? It is sad and more than a little despicable that these groups are so willing to take an event like this and pile their crap on to it. Have they no shame?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
These people need a beat down. If God doesn't punish them, I would volunteer.

Idiots.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

What have we lost up here in Canada?

You lost when the ADL talked your people into passing the Hate crime act. God help us not to fall for that con.

Back on topic. This is just so wrong to protest a funeral. This is for the Families to say a proper goodbye and they do not need this crap.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't think the argument was like that. Patriot act = terrible in the US and this hate speech thing is bad too. People will argue with each other, and i believe both parties reached a consensus. Argument is good, and people being better informed is good.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I did in fact read your whole post, and as someone else said below it, i would have to believe in god to believe any of their crap.
i've also read their works before.
according to them, god hates:
"fags"
america
canada
and let's not forget, you.
(not making it up, there's an icon on godhatesfags that reads "god hates you")
theres a lot more but i don't feel like giving them the extra pageviews.

i would also have to believe that homosexuality was wrong.
i would ALSO have to believe that canada was in some way being punished.

i'm sorry, but one death out of millions of citizens does NOT equal a nation being punished, regardless of how supposedly horrific it is.

my reaction, as yours, is not knee-jerk.
but bravo for at least making people think.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
ape waits with baited breah for the news " canada punishes god " - go canuks

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

They sound like third rate conartists,seagull so has this "church" been exposed as the fraud it is?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i really hate canada too

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
These phelps idiots are getting what they wanted---attention

It's already making the news and they haven't even protested yet.

They probably dont even believe in what they are saying, they laugh and joke that we get all upset over what they say and do.

I hope some good and drunk Canadian boys tune them up. That will be a news story!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join