It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Nearly half of Americans surveyed say they are tired of hearing about Barack Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

POLL: Nearly half of Americans surveyed say they are tired of hearing about Barack Obama

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama may be the fresh face in this year\'s presidential election, but nearly half say they\'re already tired of hearing about him, a poll says.

ADVERTISEMENT

With Election Day still three months away, 48 percent said they\'re hearing too much about the Democratic candidate, according to a poll released Wednesday by the nonpartisan Pew Research Center. Just 26 percent said the same about his Republican rival, John McCain.

Obama, the 47-year-old Illinois senator who would become the first black president, has dominated political news coverage much of the year. According to an ongoing Pew study, Obama has appeared in more news stories this year and more people say they have heard more about him than McCain, the longtime Arizona senator who also ran for president in 2000.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am not a supporter of Obama or John Mccain and I have no bias one way or the other politically speaking, but I wanted to post this article because I could not agree more with it\'s content.

Almost every cable news network, every news paper, internet news reel as well as pretty much every other source of information available in this country has been hijacked and inundated with this man and his trials and tribulations.

Enough is enough already! We get it. I have heard about this guy until I am absolutely sick of it and evidently I am not alone. It is one thing to cover a political candidate, but there is such a thing as overkill. It seems like this campaign started a decade ago, I can\'t remember the last time I turned on a tv or radio without hearing about this guy and his B.S.

It is obvious that there is a severe media slant towards Obama, he has become the media darling and the poster boy for change (whatever THAT means) and the media just shoves it in our faces day and night, night and day. From the looks of this article the strategy may be back firing. It seems that people across the country in large numbers are now beginning to dislike Obama because they are just simply tired and annoyed at the circus that is being hurled at them all day every day.

Even here on ATS it is like a broken record or a parrot that only knows one word - Barack!! Barack!! Im not trying to be fecetious but it is genuinely annoying at times.

I mean I may love burritos, but if I have to eat the same damn burrito every day for a year... somewhere about half way through I am going to begin to hate burritos and I am going to begin to resent having to eat them every day.

So here it is, your Barack Obama burrito. And no matter how much sauce you poor on it....it still tastes the same.

Like crap.

And before the Obamanites fire back...no I am not a Republican...no I do not support John Mccain and no I will not be voting for either of them this fall.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

Could it be that public's love affair with Obama is souring? If so, good news for those of us that actually care more about the country than we do our infatuation with any certain candidate.

I predicted this would happen when people started to take off their rose colored glasses and started to see the empty suit that Obama really is.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thank christ, maybe he'll shut up finally.

Change!! Hope!!! Change!!! Don't support Israel!!! We have to support Israel!!! No to offshore drilling!!! Yes to offshore drilling!!!

Everytime I see or hear him I want to vomit

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
the media saturation of Obama may produce the
'I tired of looking at his face' syndome that 48% say they have.

But that poll statistic does not translate into a personal disapproval
or a withholding of one's vote for the man....

someone's putting the Spin on statistics

BTW, i'm with the author,BlackOps719...
I will vote for neither Obama or McCain

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

If I were American I wouldn't vote for them either.

I would send in a vote saying No Confidence.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
But that poll statistic does not translate into a personal disapproval
or a withholding of one's vote for the man....

Ah, but it really does. Obama's Euro trip has basically backfired and some polls are actually showing McCain ahead now.

My next prediction is that Obama will "swift boat" himself, no one else will need to even bother.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

The media bias toward Obama is insane, anyone on either side can see how obvious it is. My own personal opinion is the man is a media invented shill, he is as transparent as the wind and a snake oil salesman of the worst kind.

And from the looks of things it appears that some very important people somewhere are hell bent on seeing him win this election. You dont get that sort of media favoritism and attention without selling out to someone with the means to see it done.

Almost feels to me like it is all a big set up. I don't trust or believe one word he says.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I am not voting for either.. was not going to .. and if I was, I wouldn't now..

Because all I have seen is this:

Obama: McCain is a meany head!
McCain: Obama is a poopy head!
Obama: When I am President vending machines will be free! And no more homework!
McCain: Obama Sux!
Obama: Guys!! He's being mean again!
McCani: Obama REALLY SUX!
Obama: He's going to give me a complex!
McCain: When I am President vending machines will be free! And no more homework!
Obama: My Vending Machines will be Free'er!
McCain: Obama Sux!
Obama: Guys!! He's being mean again!

So essentially, I can only hope that eventually this mockery of a "democratic process" ends soon, and we never have to vote for a new retard to take office again.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thanks!

I for one am tired of Obama this or Obama that! heck they have him as an Alien in some other post LOL Let's get on with some real politics and some debates on the issues. Enough is enough.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I don't trust any words he utters because his words have absolutely no value. It's just noise. Noise that sounds pleasant to a lot of unthinking people. Both Obama and Mcain don't even try to hide their flip flops anymore!!!

I just seen a vid of Mccain flipflopping an issue in 11 minutes!!!!!

I forget what the issue was, but thats absolutely ridiculous!!!

I even remember watching a vid of Obama where he flipflops an issue in the same day.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by ben420

The media bias toward Obama is insane, anyone on either side can see how obvious it is.

Exactly. I'm trying to find the photo that was on Drudge recently that shows all the reporters on his plane looking so gleeful just to be in Obama's presence.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As long as we all agree that no matter who you vote for the issues are the same and neither offers any different solution. So, I guess it's another round of crying in the street about a broke government unable to provide for the public. So americans are only bored with impoverty. Hey buck up I grew up in one of their forced ghettos and now I'm homeless, things could be worse! You could be a black person running for president of a broke country. Boy, what a let down.

The thing was if either became assasinated everyone would blame it on race, when actually it was the riot that happens when your impoverished to long. I hope if the riot happens any time soon people will understand that. Their understanding will be key to resolve.

Right now if the riot happens it will be affirmative action against its cons, we've already been down the racist road, i hope there is still enough education to understand a new road to economic progress.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by rightwingnut]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I agree. It is more like a popularity contest amongst high school ages girls than it is a presidential election race.

I wish the two of them would just have a sissy slap fight and get it over with. Maybe then one of them can come forward and show some solid ideas on how they intend to fix this disheveled nation and this jacked up economy.

Neither of them seem to have any real ideas or any structured plan on repairing this mess that we are going to all be left with after Bush leaves office.

Voting for the lesser of two imbeciles is not my idea of a healthy Democratic process.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Pro tip: Dont watch the news every single day... of course you will get tired of hearing about it.

Better yet, use the TV to watch only what you want. It can be done you know.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You can always vote for Paris Hilton because shes hot!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

If that poor girl was any dumber they would have to use two wooden sticks to prop her head up.

Sadly enough she is almost as qualified to run for office as Barack Obama.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I got sick of Obama right after he made that 'big speech' at the democratic convention. They started to make a big deal about him then and I knew it was only going to get worse. Glad to see others are waking up!!!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hey, this just in, almost everyone up here in Canada is tired of hearing about the presidential race as well... add that to the list, along side the Clintons, Paris Hilton, Brittney Spears, Bush, Cheney...

... quite frankly, we don't need to be reminded just how many retards you guys idolize. Or just how retarded they can be.

We've got our hands full with peacekeeping and negotiations, nuclear deliferation, and helping starving nations get back on their feet.

No more retard news, thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sadly.. her energy plan makes more sense then McCain and Obamas haha..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join