It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Nearly half of Americans surveyed say they are tired of hearing about Barack Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

i'm sick of hearing about obama (and all other candidates) and i'm not evan american..i can only imagine what you guys think.

btw, your elections go waaaaaaay to long. no wonder why ppl loose faith.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by enlighten2012]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of it. But, there is a simple solutions, Turn off the TV, the talk radio, and do some research on your own. Pick up a book, read a newspaper, surf the web. By doing those things, you can physically see them a lot less.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I am tired of hearing about Obama...I want to hear about what McCain's plans for the future are. The media isn't covering any of that and neither campaign is helping.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Way to go Centurion!!!! I couldn't agree more!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
what does this poll prove ???????????

IMHO absolutly nothing

who was polled ? were they REALLY a cross section - or were republican voters targeted - because they would give answers that fitted the pollsters adgenda ??

polls can be very easily manipulated to give whatever result the pollster wants

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
I am tired of hearing about Obama...I want to hear about what McCain's plans for the future are.

I agree. A McCain tactic is to keep the focus on Obama. That's why all his ads are about Obama. As long as the focus is on Obama, this is a "Yes or No" election with one candidate. Do you want Obama or not?

Let's hear more about McCain!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The other 50% of Americans who support Obama understand his popularity is only a backlash of how laughably lame Bush, McCain and Republicans have been and continue to be...

America? Don't get mad because you thought the Cowboy had your best interest in heart.... HE DIDN'T.... and now that this realization has set in.... you cry about how good and why people are flocking to the competition

I can't wait to see how stupid our president looks at the opening ceremonies. As he tours all those manufacturing plants in China, I wonder if once he'll think how he sold his countries industrial power down the drain??

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Level X]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I cant stand our American Media outlets. This country is going retarded watching the bogus "news" they claim is news. They flip flop to the crowds needs and the media pressures these candidates to act like fools until they get elected into office. Even then the media chits down there neck for finding out about their private personal lives. WHAT A JOKE AMERICAN POLITICS ARE!

Ron Paul had a great book come out after the Republicans refused to take him serious as a really smart candidate. Too bad you they decided to go with a horrible AF pilot who crashed several million $$$ worth of AF planes during his service. WAY TO GO BRAINWASHED TOOLS

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
I am tired of hearing about Obama...I want to hear about what McCain's plans for the future are.

There is one of the problems and reasons why we are hearing soooo much about Obama!

Every time McCain talks and the press is there, just about all HE talks about is Obama!

Maybe he's obsessed with him? I don't know.

If McCain wasn't talking about Obama so much, Obama's name would probably only pop up in MSM coverage half as much as it does now!

[edit on 8/7/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Its about time some one is saying it for once. Its almost cult like the way they portrey and cover him on TV. The people from Japan to germany, England and Ireland love this guy. Ludacris and Nas are doing songs honoring Barack all of hollywood is on his dick. Even Tyra Banks is doing a fake photo dressed up as the first lady with a fake Obama. I'm sure Obama is hitting that behind the scenes or she has sexual fantasies of Barack. Give it to her Barack she wants the Dick!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Too be honest, I voted him over Hilary and I'm starting to regret it. Especially when I see his god damn face on telephone poles, light poles, cars, trees, EVERYWHERE.

GO AWAY

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Thank God people are speaking up about the Obama overload. It's really sickening. Obama scratched his ear...Obama said blah, blah....Obama is a rock star....Obama went to the bathroom...
I was a Poli/Sci major in college and have followed political campaigns for over 50 years and this one beats 'em all, hands down. If the American people would step back and truly look at the candidates we are being presented with, they would realize the sorry state this supposed greatest nation in the world, is in. Is this the best our nation can nominate. I looked up Reagan's age when he took office and he was 70. McCain will be 72-1/2 when he takes office - if he wins. I don't think there's anything major wrong with him - but I don't think he's the swiftest in the world. He's like any 72-1/2 year old = slowing down. Let's hope he picks a younger and energetic V.P.
And Obama - he was hand picked, I read, almost 20 years ago and groomed by the likes of Zbig Brezinski the Polish Russia hater. You all remember those glorious days of Jimmy Carter? He was one of Zbig's puppets too. Just look at Obama's experience - not much; mainly fluff.
No comparison to John Kennedy at the age of 43. He had served in WWII, been in the House for 3 or 4 terms and a Senator for one full term. He was simply more experienced and educated and knew the horrors of war (he lost a sister and brother in WWII) and more mature and sophisticated.
The American people will be very sorry if Obama gets in; that's just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
People often get deceived by there hero's.
Black people think he is for them, Muslims think he is for them.
He isn't for ANYONE but his damn self.
And his council on foreign relations evil psycho nazi buddies.
I to am sick of hearing about this puppet of evil.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hillary probably wouldn't have been much different

The thing that frustrates me the most is that we're (American citizens) are being herded like sheep. We're having Obama shoved in our face wherever we turn and if we reject it we get attacked for being racist or Pro-McCain. I hate it when people decide they want to vote for the lesser of two evils. That makes sense, lets settle for the guy thats not as evil as the other, even though he's still evil! It makes me sick that there were so many people running, and they were all eliminated in such a small time frame. Many people, most with good intentions and strong cases were eliminated leaving the three stooges. Barry, Curllary, and Joe (Barack, Hillary, McCain-Sorry I was feeling creative
). After utter propaganda warfare between Hillary and Obama, We're stuck with Obama and McCain. It amazes me how many people dislike each of them, but somehow they're still the ones with the votes. I personally feel that McCain would be a repeat of Bush, and Obama, I can't even hold an opinion because of the extreme flip-flopping and unrealistic promises. (I'll stop there because I could go on and on about Obama)

Another thing that sickens me, is that the election seems more like a battlefield than a process to elect the next leader of our country. None of it is about proving the worth of the individual, its about eliminating the threat. Trash talk and destabilize the other guy until you're ahead. That makes as much sense as the Mad-scientist character in a cartoon I watched when he made a machine that would make everyone's voices higher pitched until his voice was lower in comparison, rather than just lowering his own voice.

We're all on the same side aren't we? Obamanaut, McCainite, Obama-Bashers, what have you, We're still trying to accomplish the same goal aren't we? The candidate I would vote for, is the guy that can be honest with us, the guy that can respect the other guy because we're on the same team, the guy that can admit his mistakes, and fix them. The guy who cares more about this country rather than power, money, popularity, or the other guy's mistakes. That guy that can prove his case shows that he wants to move forward and succeed, rather than the guy who can only hold a higher spot on the ladder by pushing the other guy down.

Annnddd..... relevance check- Yes, I hear WAY too much about Obama in the media.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Eh, calm down America. Afterall, how much do we hear about John Forbes Kerry these days? Just relax and in about, oh, say 4 months or so we'll be able to say the same about Obama.

(Although that said, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Obama team up with Judas Priest to do a remic of "I'm a Rocker" entitled "I'm Barack-O" You know...
"The greatest times I've ever known
were back when I was often stoned

Wrote a book 'bout daddy's dreams
A vote for me ain't what it seems
'cause I'll tear America apart at the seams.

I'm Barack-O
Changin' my words, what I say
I'm Barack-O
and I change like the wind everyday"

The song basically writes itself. Not to mention Obama could probably fit into Halford's leathers, so they've got the hard work done.)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So we're all tired of hearing about Obama, so let's flood all the news channels and media outlets with stories about how we're sick of hearing about Obama.

I didn't think irony this ignorant would be repeated on ATS.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The simple fact is, people are tired of hearing it because they know, deep down, it all means absolutely nothing. The pendulum of American politics is so far to the liberalside that it does not matter who is elected, even if being elected meant something. If you take both these candidates and the platform of each "party", and compare them to say the Election of 1960, both Kennedy and Nixon would agree that the issues were nuts. Kennedy, by yesteryears standard, is more conservative than McCain is today. Obama is even further to the left. Once people realize that the Neocons....the base of the Repub Party...espouse the same liberal principles are Democrats, then people might not get so tired of hearing about Obama, McCain, or any poltician. The fact is they're all on the same side, just plaing for the extra buck. This is evidenced by each "party" blocking candidates who have real platform/policy differences like Ron Paul, Kucinich, Mike Gravel, etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Its the Clark COunty effect IMO. Americans dont like being told who to vote for, and the MSM seems to be doing exactly that.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm really tired of the media bias for Obama. I was raised a democrat but I'm also smart enough to realize who has the necessary experience to run this nation. I just finished watching the debate and everyone is talking about McCain walking around and Obama watching him. So what! If I was Obama I would be listening too considering that he had no knowledge whatsoever on most subjects. He definitely does not understand how to protect or defend this country and only repeated what McCain said on the energy policy. I'm just so tired of Americans being so dumb just to look for a person with charisma with no knowledge.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join