It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Nearly half of Americans surveyed say they are tired of hearing about Barack Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
OOps! N

Never Mind!

[edit on 8/6/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

I couldn't agree more. I've never been more embarassed of the Democratic party.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Now a real poll would ask American's how many are tired of hearing about Paris Hilton.
I bet way more than 48%!

The poll seems flawed, unless they have been tracking the 'hearing about' factor for the entire campaign, but oh well....

Obama Fatigue - 48% Hearing Too Much About Him from the PEW website

As he has since January, this week, Barack Obama enjoyed much more visibility as far as the public was concerned than did John McCain. By a margin of 76% to 11% respondents in Pew's weekly News Interest Index survey named Obama over McCain as the candidate they have heard the most about in recent days. But the same poll also shows that the Democratic candidate's media dominance may not be working in his favor. Close to half (48%) of Pew's interviewees went on to say that they have been hearing too much about Obama lately. And by a slight, but statistically significant margin - 22% to 16% - people say that recently they have a less rather than more favorable view of the putative Democratic nominee.

Plus, graphics tend to speak better than just a raw stat pulled out of context and thrown in a yahoo article...

I don't know. Looking at the figures, my gut tells me that McCain is still getting 'media darling' treatment, but instead of fawning over him, they are doing him a favor by staying away. They are helping his candidacy by giving his campaign something to attack Obama on. By incessantly talking about Obama in the mainstream media, the media itself is forcing the issue. If they scrutinized him as much as they do Obama for his every move, it would not be as close a race as it has become. If McCain is out of the running before the Convention they loose the ratings and ad dollars if it is not a close race between now and November.

I am sure there are 'naysayers' to my gut... but look at the line graph. McCain is getting way more Media Coverage than he was in January, almost the same percentage as Obama now, but for some reason is nearly invisible to the public. To me, that says that the public is not gleaning anything from the coverage he is getting, because the media is not really giving them anything of substance to think about. But then again, maybe the media is only reporting what McCain is giving them.

DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't support obama, but this is just another stupid statistic. I or my mother or my grandmother or my father or grandfather never got this survey? i wonder if its just like 20 people lmao.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It's because people watch way too much TV "news". Period. I don't watch TV "news" at all, hence, I don't see much Obama. Actually, I'm surprised it's not more than half considering how much time people waste watching that crap.

If you watch too much TV, you just might get sick of what's on TV. If you read too much statistics, you just might get sick of that too. Go figure.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Distractions4Nothing]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
He is like a bad song on the radio that keeps playing and playing and playing and playing..Until you are INSANE. I would rather vote for Stalin than have to hear about his "Change" thingy one more time. Let alone until Nov!
Everytime he come on TV I barf a little in my mouth.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The irony of the news about people being tired of Obama news.

You know the world is ending when people complain about a famous black guy on TV that might be the president of the U.S.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

id have to disagree with the poll, i think in truth its well over half that are tired of hearing obama this obama that.. due to diferences in opinions mainly gun control. If he was running all by himself id abstain from voting. Most of the other issues i concern myself with neither canadate will do anything in my favor, so i guess ill vote mccain just for the gun control issue... yes some may find that a stupid thing to base my vote on but as a collector and avid outdoor enthusiast it is important to me,,,, neither will make me rich so....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm tired of hearing about the whole election!

They should start all the hype later in the year...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Obama and McCain are both NWO pawns. The office of president is like a Vestigial thumb its not used and has no meaning anymore it merely exists.

All important decisions are made by working groups like the CFR, Trilateral commission and the Bilderberg group.

Talking about Obama or McCain is the equivalent of talking about fictional characters because they have no relevance in the events that will follow whoever is elected.

However the NWO doesn't exist of course and this sky news anchor mentions it by name and says Obama supports it but nah it doesn't exist.
Obama nwo speech sky news

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben420
Thank christ, maybe he'll shut up finally.

Change!! Hope!!! Change!!! Don't support Israel!!! We have to support Israel!!! No to offshore drilling!!! Yes to offshore drilling!!!

Everytime I see or hear him I want to vomit

I gave you a star for that post. If I could give you more than one I would. I haven't turned my television on in weeks because all I see on it is Obama this and Obama that. I won't even watch my local news anymore because of this.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Hilarious!!!

50% sick and tired of hearing about Obama, then it's probably safe to assume that the other 50% are probably sick of hearing about Mcain.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
edit: double post.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Starred and flagged.

Could it be that public's love affair with Obama is souring? If so, good news for those of us that actually care more about the country than we do our infatuation with any certain candidate.

I predicted this would happen when people started to take off their rose colored glasses and started to see the empty suit that Obama really is.

The love of and the fall of Rome, to love the same pills as Rome... Thou

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Even here on ATS it is like a broken record or a parrot that only knows one word - Barack!! Barack!! Im not trying to be fecetious but it is genuinely annoying at times.

So here it is, your Barack Obama burrito. And no matter how much sauce you poor on it....it still tastes the same.

Like crap.

Thank you for your very well written posts! I laughed so hard when I read the two excerpts above! The parrot was an absolutely perfect parody! Love it!

I would think the percentage would be much, much higher if every American actually was given the poll.... especially if the responses here are any indication.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Its called propaganda

Plain and simple.

You are all being brainwashed
If you watch tv you are being brainwashed and conditioned.

You need to turn off
I did, and it feels great!

Peace

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm not "tired" of hearing about Obama- then again I don't much time watching the media coverage on this election either.

Maybe the media and certain interests want us to be tired of him?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Maybe its because Obama is:
newsworthy
non white
intelligent
eloquent
charismatic
inspiring
and not afraid of the cameras?

Perhaps the media is biased towards McCain actually. He is so old and prone to gaffes so they show as much as possible about Obama pwaiting for a gaffe.

I CANT WAIT FOR THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES!

[edit on 7-8-2008 by TheOracle]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
if you all said that you wont listen to either Obama or McCain speech...then who you all goin to listen? the fascist bush again?
All politicians are usually like that attitude, its natural for them. We must vote for right president to lead the country that unstability is active. There is not other choice. Either listen for Obama or McCain, or listen to that filthy skunk again.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm no supporter of EITHER candidate, but most especially no supporter of John McCain. That being said, give me an example of whenever "almost half" of anything counts as significant. What you're failing to mention is that MORE than half of the people polled are either NOT tired of hearing about Obama, or undecided. Which would qualify as the majority. So the OP is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

As I've stated, I'm not head over heals for either candidate, but it seems obvious which is the lesser of two evils. McCain strikes me as an angry old man with a huge chip on his shoulder. We've been dealing with a commander in chief that fits that same description for eight years now, and look what a fine job he's done.

You Obama bashers should really be directing your venomous rhetoric towards U.S. politics as a whole, and not just "the new guy". Otherwise, you're basically supporting the direction this country has been lead down for the last two presidential terms. Which is misguided, to put it gently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join