It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebuttal In Defiance Of The GFL

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Great Addition to the thread MrPenny! I see you've been doing your homework!

That just illustrates how 'sad' this has the potential to get, even after the 14th. I don't know, perhaps they can change their names to CDG instead of GFL?

The Cognitive Dissonance Group?

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Also, not that i want to promote this in anyway.....
But for anyone unfamiliar with bossom guffchild, here is here youtube video, where she "clarifies" OCT. 14TH.

And just look how deluded...er....i mean delighted she is to be centre of attention...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Ohhh, thank god she's not actually a genuine Aussie! She's an X-Pat import from England! Her accent gives her away immediately. Until this point I have refused to watch her YouTubes so I hadn't heard her accent. Instead I joined her mailing list ages ago to get the weekly low-downs straight from the horses mouth (no pun intended).

She must be doing OK financially. Nice gold necklace, decent haircut with foils, well dressed and well spoken.

I did notice she gets a bit of dry-mouth here and there within the clip - which is often attributed to nerves. Perhaps she doesn't like being filmed.. and yeah.. that jolly little swagger suggests she enjoys the limelight.. lol!

Thanks for twisting my arm to watch this... LOL! (joke)

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

*Let's go of IRM's arm and releases him*

You're welcome mate... worth the viewing huh?

Know your enemy and all that

Yes, she does sound English... I'm ashamed to say....And she does look very comfortable indeed (money wise) and there are a few tells that she's talking nonsense in the vid.

Just thought I'd put a face and voice to the now infamous name.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Your a Brit are you blupblup? The 'guffchild' statement got me wondering. If so we'll have a few things to discuss come ASHES TIME!

Back on topic...

I don't have a problem with the basics of her message - i.e. We need to all learn to get along, to put aside our differences and all that jazz. I'm sure most people see that as the way forward.. dispensing with the 'old' ways that may have hampered us as a species in the past - and in with the new. But you don't need to attach an alien mothership and a galactic federation to it for the message to be effective. That's where it all falls down IMHO! That is Goodchilds major fluff-up!

It kind of echo's Reagans address to the UN where he spoke of how quickly our differences would disappear if we were faced with an alien threat... but with her own spin on the theme.

I think this is how most of these wannabe channelers get their material. Take some mutton and dress it up as lamb.

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'll admit that once the 14th comes around (maybe the 15th to give them the full 24 hours) I'll be perusing this site in great interest. If I am indeed correct in that nothing will happen then I'll see how many posts will be of the "We are sorry we are wrong." type. Likewise, if I am wrong and a ship does indeed show up then I will also post that I am wrong in my skepticism concerning the GFL.

Regardless of the results I'll be watching. One thing though that I won't be doing is posting in a "We are right" thread if the ship doesn't arrive. I mean that would be rubbing someones face into it wouldn't it? And well, having been wrong in things before, I know that having ones face rubbed into it doesn't really solve things.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Ha ha.... I'm sure whitewash springs to the forefront of your mind huh??
Yes, I'm British...and yes...I'm sure you'll be rubbing it in

It's a shame because she Takes perfectly good and positive messages and put a BS theme to it as you said.
But the core of her message is ok, even if it's a little familiar... why oh why the 2000mile spaceship crap though?

I was just on her site but had to leave because i was laughing sooo hard.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Hi Deson,

Good to see you back here mate. I agree, gloating on the 15th probably isn't the way to go but I would be lying if I said part of me didn't feel like it.

Agreed we are all wrong at many points in our lives, it's part of the human condition - but the whole point behind being wrong or making mistakes is that you learn and grow from them.

Can we expect this from the GFL team? Will they show as much moral high ground as we intend on doing? Or will we be dealing with a whole new set of problems in the form of denial - or as MrPenny put it so well, "Cognitive Dissonance"?

I must admit that I will find that infuriating! "Don't you guys gloat, but at the same time, don't expect us to come clean and admit the error of our ways".
Is that not like "Having The Cake & Eating It Too"?

"Action without Consequence"?

Just asking...

Thanks again for your valuable input Deson!

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Times they are a changin' mate. I doubt we'll see a white wash! I think it will be close actually... Like last time in England! The Aussies reign at the top has to come to an end sooner or later. You can't keep that level of intensity up for so long. It's happened to all the other powerhouses in the past. The Windies come to mind immediately. They're the reason I love cricket!

I must also go over to BG's site and see if anything is new. She's conspicuous by her absence this week in relation to her newsletters.

Is she just sitting back and waiting now, or packing her backs and heading back to good ol' blighty for a family reunion till the smoke clears?

One interesting thing I found in her 'language' during the YouTube vid was the phrase "My Truth"... This is My Truth. I find that curious. Is that her escape clause? i.e It will happen for her, but not for anyone else... I mean it's either the truth or it's not. How an individual feels about something doesn't change 'what is'.

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Times they are a changin' mate. I doubt we'll see a white wash! I think it will be close actually... Like last time in England! The Aussies reign at the top has to come to an end sooner or later. You can't keep that level of intensity up for so long. It's happened to all the other powerhouses in the past. The Windies come to mind immediately. They're the reason I love cricket!

That's true i guess, and you're right about the windies...awesome back in the day.
I am optimistic as we have some good young players now..and i hope it will not be as it was 06/07....

Is she just sitting back and waiting now, or packing her backs and heading back to good ol' blighty for a family reunion till the smoke clears?

Yep, sounds about right... would you want to be at home, knowing all these nutters had your picture, contact details and possible real name???

One interesting thing I found in her 'language' during the YouTube vid was the phrase "My Truth"... This is My Truth. I find that curious. Is that her escape clause? i.e It will happen for her, but not for anyone else... I mean it's either the truth or it's not. How an individual feels about something doesn't change 'what is'.

That is a good observation and well made point.
She does say "my truth" not the truth... but it's not like she hasn't encouraged all this nonsense... she's revelling in it man!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by Deson

Hi Deson,

Good to see you back here mate. I agree, gloating on the 15th probably isn't the way to go but I would be lying if I said part of me didn't feel like it.

Good to be back. I typically do far more reading than I do posting but yes, I keep coming back to this one. I'll agree that a part of me wants to do so as well. It seems to be a part of human nature.

Agreed we are all wrong at many points in our lives, it's part of the human condition - but the whole point behind being wrong or making mistakes is that you learn and grow from them.

Can we expect this from the GFL team? Will they show as much moral high ground as we intend on doing? Or will we be dealing with a whole new set of problems in the form of denial - or as MrPenny put it so well, "Cognitive Dissonance"?

Expect it? Probably not. Since each person that is involved is a individual and not a monolithic entity we can expect however several posts of the:

"Something went wrong but we still believe" category.
A number of the "it didn't happen and you're to blame."
A number of "we were wrong." category.
and finally silence from what I would estimate a large number of them.

Remember it takes courage to admit that a person was wrong.

I must admit that I will find that infuriating! "Don't you guys gloat, but at the same time, don't expect us to come clean and admit the error of our ways".
Is that not like "Having The Cake & Eating It Too"?

"Action without Consequence"?

Just asking...

I haven't come across any "Don't you guys gloat, but at the same time, don't expect us to come clean and admit the error of our ways" posts. Then again I haven't perused the other threads as much as I would have liked. Got a cold and I spent much time sleeping it off. After this post I'll however do so. Remember it's up to each person what they want to do. Likewise if they are indeed correct it'll be up to each of us to decided what we want to do next.

Thanks again for your valuable input Deson!

IRM

You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
UPDATE
I have been channeled tonight.

MMM well, here it goes:
tonight i've received a strange message, straight to my brain: i've noticed that something strange was goin' on when my spaghetti started moving in some intelligent way, totally out of my control:it was their signal.

Here's the full version of the channeled message i got:

Dear Internos, this is the Galactic Federation of Light: we've tried to get in touch with Blossom Goodchild, as usual, but today we got this strange reply:
"Hiyah! This is Blossom's answering machine, i'm selling books right now: if you need to tell me something, please say it after the acoustic signal...........PRRRRRRRRRRT!"

We don't know what has happened, anyway we have an extremely urgent message to channel to someone, and we thought that you could be a good guy to be channeled.

Here's the message:

Dear terrestrials, during our trip we encountered some mechanical failures, most likely it's a problem occurred to the carburetor, we are not sure though.
As you should know, it's very very difficult to find some machine shop big enough to host a spaceship 2.000 miles in diameter: moreover, to find the location of the carburetor may take some centuries of your strange terrestrial time.
By the way, we are very disappointed, because no one yet has started any thread about possible relations between GFL, Mayas, WW2 and The Pink Panther: sometimes we wonder how stupid is the human race for not getting these obvious connections. Anyway, we apologize in advance in case of no show, but as said, it is just a technical issue, not our fault: never had a flat tyre?

[edit on 10/10/2008 by internos]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Odd coincidence that the text of the "channeling" has that interesting syntax unique to internos' own writing.

Carburetor problems?.....hang on a minute, let me look in the backroom....

Yup, got just what they need.....it's a little dusty, been sitting on the shelf ever since the last 2000 mile diameter space craft passed through this neighborhood.

That'll be a gadzookazillion space credits......cash, no checks.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Your 'message' resonates within my my heart and soul. I feel the love & light! I smell the carburetor fumes. I just 'know' that somehow what your saying is true... Though I have no proof, I just had an epiphany to tell me that I no longer require it in my life. I have faith star brother... Please write book soon!

Peace out to the Pink Panther.. "Nanoo Nanoo"

InfraLove&LightMan

[edit on 10/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Announcement

Chatham Island, New Zealand
12:00:00 AM

It is now officially the 14th of October 2008 in the world.

Blossom Goodchild
It's now or never!

...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick.....

Time & Date

[edit on 13/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
In my opinion it is those type of 'Somone's Imagination' type threads that keep this site alive. It is simply wrong to expect the ATS forums to be full of strong hard evidence 100% of the time because strong hard eveidence is hard to come across and doesn't happen every day. If it did, i'm sure we'd know alot more about Aliens and UFO's. We may even be queing up and paying for rides in their Space Ships with them in local theme parks by now if we could have consistantly good evidence.

Put yourself in their shoes for a while and simply appriciate their questions and admire their imagination. Better yet, find something else to read if you don't like it. But i do however understand your point. Things like 'OMGWTF WERE ALL GUNNA DIE ON OCT 14th 08' and rediculous things like that are retarded; but are therefore (or should be) deleted.

But as far as people's own theories... Why not post a thread on them.. I personally would love to read them.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuzitzu

Shuzitzu the problem is with saturation, as I type this 9 of the top 10 threads on the UFO page are GFL threads. So while theories are interesting or whatever, this is getting to be a bit irritating.

Only two hours to the 15th here...I am shivering with anticipation...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuzitzu

I'm not sure if you took the time to read the OP Shuzitzu but this is a thread completely dedicated to those people who think the whole GFL thing is a scam so talking about admiration for them here falls on deaf ears mate.

Anyhow, there's little else in the way of threads to contribute to at the moment.

The GFL Clan have seen fit to totally spam the board for weeks now. Talk about underhanded tactics!

Right On GFL!

IRM

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It is now 11:30pm EST AUS 13 Oct 2008.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Carburetor problems?.....hang on a minute, let me look in the backroom....

Yup, got just what they need.....it's a little dusty, been sitting on the shelf ever since the last 2000 mile diameter space craft passed through this neighborhood.

Huh? You gotta be kiddin', right? A carb for a 2000 mile spaceship would have a volume of approx 20 cubic miles! And the dimensions of your garage are...?

That'll be a gadzookazillion space credits......cash, no checks.

Wow! That's a lot o' dough! Could you instead settle for a date with Blossom Goodchild?

And after seeing her in the vid, here's a limerick for her...

There is some wacky called Ms Blossom
Who thinks she looks pretty awesome.
She denies being told
By an alien quite bold
That she doesn’t have much of a bosom!!

Cheers!

[edit on 13-10-2008 by mikesingh]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join