It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebuttal In Defiance Of The GFL

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'm relatively new here, although I have been browsing the forums for some time.

The last week especially has been rather intense with all the posts about GE, GFL, Doom & Gloom prophecies and what have you.

Perhaps we need a forum for pure speculation.

A place where people could post their speculations the ones that they don't have any concrete evidence for and it could be discussed there.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

We do I believe it's called the gray area.
I'm not to familiar with it since I don't go there like ever but it seems like thr right place.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Firstly, Welcome to ATS seeker11!

Your intelligent posting has not gone unnoticed by yours truly! Great Job!

I completely agree with what your saying and in essence, the "Gray Area" & "Skunkworks" to my knowledge, are intended for such threads. I could be wrong but anyway, perhaps a dedicated board with clearer labelling could be administered, such as "Speculations" with a set of Bifocals on the icon

All jokes aside, I hear you - and second your motion!

Thanks for your valuable input and for taking us to our 10th Page!

*IRM Pops a bottle of Moet and fills everyones glass*

[edit on 8/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

Re: Gray Area

You must have "beaten me to the punch" by a matter of seconds miguelbmx!

Great minds ehhh

IRM

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Zorgon was right about the other forums...this GFL crap seems to have infiltrated many UFO and alternative theory boards.

I just don't get how so many can be so stupid?

I'm glad we have a haven for sanity and reason
(this thread)

Keep up the good work all you sane, Lovely people

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Great minds indeed especially now that you have shared the moet

On topic ATS was very strict last year when it came to this kind of thing, if a member would get caught lying he would get the hammer, what ever happened to that?

[edit on 8-10-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Let's hope nothing and come the 15th all these hoaxers and hoax supporters will be punished accordingly

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

A little birdy told me they will all be moved to Skunkworks. However I'm not sure after the 14th.

IRM

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Well, we can but hope....

Until the 15th

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Your Intentions on 15/10 (as GFL Believers)

I wonder how many of the people that blindly backed Bossom Crazychild on this forum will be brave or adult enough to show their faces and say:

"We were wrong and we're really sorry for dissing the people that saw the hoax for what it was"... "and we're really sorry for spamming the board for months with our propaganda and thus, upsetting many".

"We're also sorry for telling those that did not believe as we did that they were ignorant fools".

My money says that very few - if not none - will show any semblance of responsibility. My money also says that most will slither away and hide under rocks or just move amongst the threads here in a state of denial, hoping that the rest of us either missed or have forgotten the Pro GFL statements they made within the plethora of threads dedicated to it.

I think the very best we can expect from these people are a lame set of excuses.

I'd like to hear 'YOUR' (ATS Members) thoughts on this. How do you think the GFL disciples will handle their embarrassment on the board post 14th Oct when the Mothership fails to materialize?

I'd also like to hear from 'GFL disciples' about their intentions post 14/10. Will you put your money where your mouth is today. Will you promise to come on and eat humble pie.

I will make a profound apology to the GFL'ers on this board if I'm wrong because I stand behind my words and have enough backbone to act in a positive manner when I'm wrong. Are you?

There's your challenge GFL followers. Can you meet it?

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Media Interest? - We'll Soon See

What I've decided to do is contact "A Current Affair", "Today Tonight" & "60 Minutes" here in Australia to see if they are interested in exposing this Charlatan Blossom CrazyChild - the profit driven Hysteria Merchant.

Perhaps they can track her down via her real name in Noosa and ask her a few embarrassing questions about her practices. It's a bit late today but I'm going to contact them first thing tomorrow morning and see if they express interest. I think "Today Tonight" would be the best bet as they tend to like a cheap laugh & they have offices in Brisbane from memory.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you can find Blossom pedaling her books at the Eumundi Market (a 'new age' market about 30 mins from Noosa) on the weekends. Last time I went there a couple of months ago, it was full of Palm Readers, Tarot Card Readers, Clairvoyants and the like.

I'll let you all know how it goes with the TV Stations!

IRM

[edit on 9/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Your Intentions on 15/10 (as GFL Believers)

I wonder how many of the people that blindly backed Bossom Crazychild on this forum will be brave or adult enough to show their faces and say:

"We were wrong and we're really sorry for dissing the people that saw the hoax for what it was"... "and we're really sorry for spamming the board for months with our propaganda and thus, upsetting many".

"We're also sorry for telling those that did not believe as we did that they were ignorant fools".

My money says that very few - if not none - will show any semblance of responsibility. My money also says that most will slither away and hide under rocks or just move amongst the threads here in a state of denial, hoping that the rest of us either missed or have forgotten the Pro GFL statements they made within the plethora of threads dedicated to it.

Sadly my friend, I think you are right.
The thing I've noticed is that most of the supporters of this hoax are actually new members with the exception we discussed via U2U.
Ok, A few older members (time here, not age) have fallen for it or have been vocal in defending it or saying it "might" happen and so on and so forth, but it seems with any of these hoaxes, you get a massive influx of new members/supporters of said hoax, that come to defend the hoax and attack or belittle anyone who doesn't believe it.

I will admit that i have offered a few insults myself... like "nutters" "Gullible" "cult-like" and so on, but i have been told i live in a box, have no beliefs, have an empty life, Am spiritually dead, I'm a sheep, brainwashed et al.

The thing is, All insults hurled my way, can easily be applied to the whole cult-like hoax phenomenon that is bossom guffchild.... anyone who believes this nonsense is guilty of many many things.

Let's wait and see..... there will be more than enough humble pie to go around.... but i have a feeling that suddenly ATS will be 20 or so members short come the 15th.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Good thread IRM!

It's simple. From here on all Prophesies and Predictions threads concerning UFOs (Like the supposed arrival of 'GFL spaceships', etc) should be put into skunk works and not the Aliens and UFO forums until there is incontrovertible evidence.

There are umpteen threads that have mentioned UFOs and aliens arriving here at various times in the past, but needless to say, nothing happened/materialized. That's not surprising when we consider that there are charlatans out there by the dozen spreading sensationalism to make a fast buck.

Unfortunately, many have been made suckers and fallen hook line and sinker for this nonsense!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Hey Mike!!

It's an honor to have you chime in with your valuable opinion in this thread!

I cross my fingers in the hope that Skunkworks does indeed become the sad resting place for GFL threads and those like them. In fact, it's my hope that come the 15th, the good moderators here also lock this humble thread, thus purging the UFO's/Aliens board of everything 'GFL'.

I look forward to putting all this nonsense behind us and getting on with the real work that has been sadly lacking on the board for a little while now.

Thanks again good buddy!

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think you are right, there will not be many who own up to aplogise for being mislead, instead i think there will be a whole argument that goes along the lines " but it did happen, you had to open your heart and embrace the light, its the only way forward for mankind and we have to lead those without the light to find it" or some other crap like that. Really i dont think its possible to debate these people seriously.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Some here are coming pretty close to what I think will occur.....it's already a recognized phenomena; and has been so for nearly 50 years.....

Festinger first developed this theory in the 1950s to explain how members of a cult who were persuaded by their leader, a certain Mrs Keech, that the earth was going to be destroyed on 21st December and that they alone were going to be rescued by aliens, actually increased their commitment to the cult when this did not happen (Festinger himself had infiltrated the cult, and would have been very surprised to meet little green men). The dissonance of the thought of being so stupid was so great that instead they revised their beliefs to meet with obvious facts: that the aliens had, through their concern for the cult, saved the world instead. changingminds.org

It's called cognitive dissonance. I can darn near guarantee that many will simply revise the prediction in some way that maintains the illusion.

Here's a link to a reprint of the paper originally published in 1959..
Festinger, L., Carlsmith, J.M., 1959

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

As I said blupblup, I will happily eat humble pie and dedicate a thread solely to apologies to members and/or believers of Blossoms predictions should (and this is a big 'should') it come true.

By 'true' I mean a massive mothership hovering above Earth that will be witnessed by millions with global media coverage making it completely irrefutable to everyone on earth. That's what we've been told to expect.

Not a few mylar balloons shot at a distance (aka Prophet Yahweh), not strange lights in the sky which we see every other day around the world, not bad stitching errors on google earth, not a few unsubstantiated reports of saucers in the sky by some hick out in the Scablands, not something that can only be seen by believers only or those with properly tuned implant chips and not some pixelated CGI hoax off YouTube.

It has to be everything Goodchild said it would be.

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Not a few mylar balloons shot at a distance (aka Prophet Yahweh), not strange lights in the sky which we see every other day around the world, not bad stitching errors on google earth, not a few unsubstantiated reports of saucers in the sky by some hick out in the Scablands, not something that can only be seen by believers only or those with properly tuned implant chips and not some pixelated CGI hoax off YouTube.

I can't find my post now, but i said roughly the same thing on another thread.
I told the GFL crew not to go buying all the DRONES or CHINESE LANTERNS and whatever else, As you said....this has to be IT basically.... massive ufo or fleet of ufos, visible to the world and covered all over the world.

Ain't gonna happen

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
i think there will be a whole argument that goes along the lines " but it did happen, you had to open your heart and embrace the light, its the only way forward for mankind and we have to lead those without the light to find it"

Very eloquently put!!!

Really i dont think its possible to debate these people seriously.

I have a strong feeling your right mate

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

There are umpteen threads that have mentioned UFOs and aliens arriving here at various times in the past, but needless to say, nothing happened/materialized. That's not surprising when we consider that there are charlatans out there by the dozen spreading sensationalism to make a fast buck.

The thing is Mike, that there is always a new breed of "believer" who may be unaware of all the failed prophecies that have gone before and are maybe too young or too gullible to remember or think critically about this.

Obviously, anyone who has looked into conspiracies or ufos or both, will know that these things come and go all the time... It's difficult to convince people during the panic of the impending "invasion"....not so difficult after the event, when everyone says they knew all along it wouldn't happen

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join