It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Ask An Australian' Thread.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hello All,

I am proud to say that its about time we had an Ask an Aussie thread on BTS. Here you can ask me or any Aussie members any thing you want about Australia...from the absurd such as do I own a kangaroo, and which way a toilet flush's....all the way to the complicated...such as, was I affected by the Howard Governments work place relations policy. You can even ask for my advice on life, love, cars, music, movie...ANY THING!!

See how this goes...

[edit on 4-8-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
can you mail me a koala?

do you like vegemite?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Do you look down on the aborigines as second class citizens ???

What do you do personally to eradicate the cane toad ???

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Aboriginals are treated with as much love and respect as native Indians in america...by some.
they are not second class but some do act as if they are....

I do not wish to eradicate the cane toad. Keep the numbers down yes, but if they were gone what will I do with my air rifle and 5 iron?!?!?

P.S. Q_ball. Great thread. about time we Aussies get to get our point of view across....
Hope you don't mind my jumping in

[edit on 5/8/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o
can you mail me a koala?

do you like vegemite?

Dont think by Law I can email you a Koala. Also nothing fancy either.

As for vegemite, it's an aquired taste. Its really not that bad! I dont see the fuss.

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Do you look down on the aborigines as second class citizens ???

What do you do personally to eradicate the cane toad ???

Not really look down on Aboriginals, some ignorant people do but thats life, I try my best to see very one as equals.

As for the cane toad, I never seen one, im from the subrubs, but I hear they are ugly!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

do you like vegemite?

An Aussie guy I met here in Canada, was telling me that he puts that on toast in the mornings for breakfast.....Do you do that?

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot

do you like vegemite?

An Aussie guy I met here in Canada, was telling me that he puts that on toast in the mornings for breakfast.....Do you do that?

- Carrot

Some mornings I do! Depends on my mood...some mornings i cook up big breakfast....on the weekends I used to get up and make typical Aussie beakfast with a hint of a subtle turkish touch...Eggs and Fresh Turkish bread, Kofte, riccotta etc...Now whos got the time to cook! Like I said, its an Acquired Taste. I had no idea it was so disliked outside of Australia!!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
I had no idea it was so disliked outside of Australia!!

I've yet to try it, so we'll see if I dislike it...but seriously that was the first I had ever heard of it, or seen it!! He had a little jar of it...I can't remember where he got it?

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot

I had no idea it was so disliked outside of Australia!!

I've yet to try it, so we'll see if I dislike it...but seriously that was the first I had ever heard of it, or seen it!! He had a little jar of it...I can't remember where he got it?

- Carrot

Wow thats insane, its such a norm here...like you can go the corner shop or a service station and buy it. I got some in the fridge, i think....I cant say your missing out, but we have better food here! Depends on your taste really!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I cant say your missing out, but we have better food here! Depends on your taste really!

What does it taste like? Isn't it made out of yeast or something?

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Well as for taste, if you cant buy it...i can best explain it like this. Its bitter, not sour. You can taste it on the tip of your tongue, and it can Ive found leave a after taste in your mouth...like strong coffee. You really have to try it, I hope its not just really expensive over seas cos its some fancy imported product!

And yes its made from some sort of yeast extracts! To be honest, I havent eaten it in ages!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hmm I'm gonna have to take a look around for it!! If I find it, Im gonna buy it and give it a shot!!

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Im keen to know what you think! Let me know how it goes, will be cool to know what you think!

PS if you dont like it dont let it convince you we all like it or eat bad foods LOL

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Vegemite is very very salty. It tastes really good, to me at least, and goes well on just about everything. Toast and crumpets for sure, but also saladas and rice crackers, etc. A good breakfast is two honey crumpets and two vegemite crumpets.

I cant believe some people hate it. I suppose it is an aquired taste though, i just grew up with it.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Vegemite is very very salty. It tastes really good, to me at least, and goes well on just about everything. Toast and crumpets for sure, but also saladas and rice crackers, etc. A good breakfast is two honey crumpets and two vegemite crumpets.

I cant believe some people hate it. I suppose it is an aquired taste though, i just grew up with it.

Totally agree man

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

mmmm, I love giving people vegimite and seeing their reaction to it lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

LOL...never heard of it until now! Does it make someone go
?

...is a crumpet a biscuit?

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
reply to post by funky monk

LOL...never heard of it until now! Does it make someone go
?

...is a crumpet a biscuit?

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Givenmay]

Oh my you've missed out...!! Nah jk..

A crumpet is this...quite nice depending how you have it. Im sure you can get them any where!

[edit on 5-8-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I'd Hate to do this guys, but to make it easier to understand things we have here and to get off the topic of vegemite !!

This is Vegemite LOL

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
How'd you feel about the hiding the Wallabies got on the weekend(i have selective memory so dont bring up the week before haha)?
How does it feel to have a Kiwi coach the Wallabies?
Can you send all my relatives and friends back home to me?

P.s you guys can keep Russell Crowe hes a toss.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join