It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Ask An Australian' Thread.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
CA_Orot

Here is a pic of Australia, this is out side my work at about 2:30 PM...I mentioned to you some where it was winter and cold...this is how it looks in winter..was about 16 degree Celsius here! Sunny, but a damp cold every where!

[edit on 6-8-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, can we have a bit of a roll call. Where are the Aussies on this thread?
Me. Brissy. Southside. Formerly Liverpool Sydney. yeah so I'm a westie. wanna make somthin of it?!?!??!:w:
Wheres me uggies an' flanno. Pass me the winnie blues.....

OK A westie that can read write and use a computer...You got me....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Just out of curiosity, can we have a bit of a roll call. Where are the Aussies on this thread?
Me. Brissy. Southside. Formerly Liverpool Sydney. yeah so I'm a westie. wanna make somthin of it?!?!??!:w:
Wheres me uggies an' flanno. Pass me the winnie blues.....

OK A westie that can read write and use a computer...You got me....

Im from Melb, previously from Western suburbs (broadmedows) then to oakleigh...im fully sick bro in my VL TURBO? I really doubt it, lucky we moved from there some where further out!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

You're kidding me right? You winter is 16*C? And that is COLD for you? HOLY CRAP I'm moving to Austrailia!! It gets up to -45*C where my parents live, and -20*C where I live in BC. Do you guys get any snow?

I'll put up some pictures later on, I have some from our Staff Christmas Party, but it doesn't do justice, for a true Canadian Winter.

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
reply to post by q_ball

You're kidding me right? You winter is 16*C? And that is COLD for you? HOLY CRAP I'm moving to Austrailia!! It gets up to -45*C where my parents live, and -20*C where I live in BC. Do you guys get any snow?

I'll put up some pictures later on, I have some from our Staff Christmas Party, but it doesn't do justice, for a true Canadian Winter.

- Carrot

I kid you not carrot! Id love it to snow, it would feel like a romantic date every day LOL cant wait to see the pics!

[edit on 6-8-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
hmmm... Found this thread on accident. Seems to be a lot more Aussies about than I thought.

Are Kangaroos all over the place?

Also, I had Sugar Gliders as pets. Are they all over? Pests?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

Depends... if i wanted to see a wild kangaroo i could drive about 5mins from here at roughly dusk. I am semi rural though.

They aren't jumping around our city streets if that is what you are asking.

Originally posted by LostNemesisAlso, I had Sugar Gliders as pets. Are they all over? Pests?

I haven't seen too many of them and like i said before, i am semi rural.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

i ve never even seen a kangaroo beyond the confines of a Zoo...and they hunt them here too i think in some rural areas for culling.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

My parents in law have Kangaroos and varius wildlife in thier back yard. They are semi rural. I have possums and flying foxes visit our place. I am outer metro. They are not so much pests where we are, but are in some areas.

I am so glad nobody has yet asked us to explain the Platypus or Gay.F.L (Sorry, I mean A.F.L.)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
LOL i dont like possums but i cant justify killing them, I only dislike is mice. We have non near me (i live in suburbs) but ive seen a rat or so every now and then...those rats..i HATE them

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I have been told that Australians refuse to tip because they feel it is an insult to the person that is providing the service. Even when not in Australia.

Is this true?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Nope, tipping is common as far as I know.
Im from melb/geelong.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

we tip in Australia yes, out of good will, but its not a unwritten rule that you have to do (like in the states)...im melb I tend to tip cab drivers and at restaurants..(if the service was good).

But as for overseas, the reason why they don't tip perhaps is because its not really required here. Its really up to the individual.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Me. Brissy. Southside. Formerly Liverpool Sydney. yeah so I'm a westie.

Me born and raised in Perth but living in Darwin, the tropical north

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

OzWeatherman, are you into fishing at all? I was born in Perth too, but lived in Darwin for Six years. 1995-2001.

Fishing is awsome in Darwin!! Mmm yummy Barramundi.. The only downside to Darwin is you can't swim in the ocean
Gotta keep an eye out for Box Jellyfish and Croc's

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Thanks! I knew there was more to the story.

I have another question.

Is this video included in every morning news broadcast throughout Australia?

If it's not. It should be!

Sorry, I tried.....Heres the link to the video www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-8-2008 by silverking]

[edit on 7-8-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

can you mail me a koala?

Don't really see them in suburbs down south... :S

do you like vegemite?

No.... reminds me of some toxic industrial sludge.

An Aussie guy I met here in Canada, was telling me that he puts that on toast in the mornings for breakfast.....Do you do that?

Too lazy to make breakfast.

Do you look down on the aborigines as second class citizens ???

Nope... the only impressions I get from this part of Australia are positive.

What do you do personally to eradicate the cane toad ???]

They don't come far down south,,, so nothing.

What are you feelings on Steve Irwin?

I think he was a fantastic person... he saved animals, created an entertaining show, and raised awareness. So
for him.

Sad that he died.

...is a crumpet a biscuit?

LOL! Are crumpets only Australian or something?

vegemite and cheese is the way to go, never heard of it with lettuce though..sounds disgusting!

LOL Vegimite and chesse wtf.

1. Why is there an abundance a bad facial hair on Aussie adults? (Male and Female!)

Donno... I shave.

3. Why are the Aussies so much better at sport than the we Brits? (Except football but I suspect it won't be long before you can beat us at that as well!)

'Cause it's sunny 24/7 here and all people do is play sport. I don't... I prefer less boring things.

reply to post by JDN24

You in the ADF bro? Thanks for the service.... I'm prolly doing gap year in airforce.

It snows in the 'mountains'. Winter is 16*C but sometimes lower... lowest I've seen was maybe 8 or 9*C.... and that's too damned cold!

In the wild... yes. Never seen any around here, but I'm in a suburb of Melbourne so it's not exactly bush. Seen tons in wildlife parks. Most common wildlife in this area is possoms.

I have been told that Australians refuse to tip because they feel it is an insult to the person that is providing the service. Even when not in Australia.

Is this true?

I tip pizza delivery people.
Overseas people seem to think tipping is costumary. No thanks. You get tipped if you deserve it.

Is this video included in every morning news broadcast throughout Australia?

lol wut?

[edit on 7/8/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

lol nice reponse cobz ..

bout time we got noticed here in australia!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
do you speak english or australian?

kidding.... I'M AN AUSSIE wohoooooo

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by enlighten2012

Fair dinkum mate. I talk proppa Aussie. None of that pommie crap for me. Fair go pal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join