It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Ask An Australian' Thread.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

lol well put.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...#/watch

good aussie 'umour

I grew up on Kangaroo Island ,South Australia, plenty of Koalas and Roos.

As for tipping "no bloody way mate" its a form of snobbery IMHO ... throwing scraps to the servants kind of thing.In my part of Australia people get a decent wage and nobody expects or requires a tip.
I heard in America that the wages are lower and tipping is required to make up the shortfall.

AFL r0>< ,,, go Crows

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm an Australian too and I'm Aboriginal, oh and I live in the Goldfields in Western Australia. It's nice out here, but really red and dry.

-

I like Vegemite, it's actually really nice. But I don't get why when some people show Vegemite to people from other countries, that we put a lot on and then give it to someone whose only just trying it for the first time. I never spread it on that thick. But maybe that's the joke I guess lol.

Oh and to me, one of the best Aussie breakfasts is Vegemite on toast with either a cold or hot Milo.

Nutella is also good on toast, I love it!

-

Also where I live, you see a lot of Kangaroos around the outskirts of town and when you're driving to and from other towns.

You can sometimes see Wedge-tailed Eagles out in the bush while you're driving, especially if you're driving across the Nullarbor. I've even seen a dead camel on the side of the road.

And once when we were driving across the Nullarbor to W.A we stayed at a Motel and there were a few dingos around. The owners told us that you need to keep the doors locked at night because the dingos have been known to open doors and go inside and rummage around for food and stuff lol.

-

Oh and I LOVE AFL. Life just isn't the same without some good Aussie Rules Footy. Hey ROO-meh, I'm so with you! Carn the Crows! He he...

-

And, if you're wondering what Kangaroo tastes like, it tastes exactly like beef..

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join