It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to get this out into the open!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

I'm pretty sure the mods all have healthy senses of humor.

There are really only two possibilities here, assuming there is any truth to the story at all, with the OP still posting after several days: Either the military does not have anyone monitoring sites like ATS for leaks of this kind, or Marines in the brig now have internet access and are free to post wherever they like!

In other words, What a load of crap!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ok Devil, I know for a fact that this story is bogus. Nothing like this has even taken place on this MCAS. Being in the position I am on that base, I know everything that goes on. You being a Marine, should at least know the Marine Corps tactics a little better. You mentioned that there was pretty much total chaos that night. I ensure you, and everyone out there, that Marines handle themselves better than that. I also took the liberty to speak to my armory on the base. No weapons left the armory that night, and no shots were fired that night. Military police patrolled that area of the base regularly as usual. Nothing special happened. And some more thought, why would there be an "ape-like" creature in South Carolina on a Marine Corps Air Station? It's not "Area 51."

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well, why would there be one in someone's backyard? You can't apply logic to illogical situations.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Teh One

I'm all for giving guys a break and respecting their beliefs. I have stated a few times on other threads that we need to be respectful, but honest. There is nothing wrong with asking for more proof or more information. I have only read the first 5 pages of this, but what strikes me the most is that this person does not sound American. Please forgive me if I'm wrong. But calling flashlights torches and other phrases he has used leads me to believe it is a hoax with someone outside of US doing it?

I understand your frustration at getting flamed and whatnot... but one has to expect these things. However, I feel there are more people on ATS who are respectful than who are not.

You also have to realize that there is a real possibility of govermental disinformation at work here on ATS so we are very careful with what is posted and tend to disect it with a fine tooth comb. I, for one, believe the goverment reads every post (ever see THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR?) and may even place insiders to plant dis-information to discredit the forum.

That is why we ask so many questions. Again, there are respectful and polite ways to go about this. Saying something is crap IS NOT one of them! I'll let anyone plead their case and give them their time, but don't be offended if I politely, and correctly, ask further questions. We would be idiots not to do so. That isn't being rude, its being careful.

So I say to anyone listening please post your sightings or findings, just don't be too offended when we ask questions. And to those of you asking questions please be mindful that these are human beings. Don't call them liars or full of crap or whatever. Show everyone that this is the best forum on the internet for posting by being polite but questioning.

Again, I love this forum so much. I just hate to see people picked on. If we continue to do that no one is going to want to post for fear of being text raped. Please think about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It sounds to me like the military is conducting experiments on bigfoot. Some hot sauce bigfoot ate. Now his a$$ is burning fiery red! ROFL!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

Do you have any idea how much damage this sort of crap does to honest inquiry into what are considered fringe topics? How much damage it does to ATS and our credibility? Think about that, and then tell me I should be nice to the creeps who perpetrate such frauds.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm going with theone is telling us the truth.

I believe the military is human and when things of the unusual happens there may be times they do not go by the book so to say.

This occurrence seems to be unusual and not predicted so they may have handled it quickly maybe so this creature did not get out into the public location where it would create a panic.

This is as everything else... meaning, if it is... it is, and if it isn't.... it isn't.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
besides, if u are telling the truth, u can consider that u were in a panic'd state of mind. And therefore u cannot be held totally accountable for ur actions. If u were so out of control to lose ur bladder, u should have no problem prooving that in military court. So dont worry too much about reprimand or anything. Just as long as you were say to not be able to discern reality from a dream u had, due to a certain spook from a pig that had been shot. Im sure you will be fine when this all blows over anyways.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teh One
For all intents and purposes this story is fake sorry all I cannot discuss this matter further in public. For the love of God please take the thread off the main page. Your not doing me any favors by putting out there like that.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Teh One]

Thread Closed.

The Matter is Under Staff Review.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
We have opened this thread for now due to the interest surrounding the Big foot case and the News event which is ment to be following on the 15th,

A number of members have expressed a wish for this thread to be re opened for further questions and i have ok'd this with the OP of this thread,

[edit on 13-8-2008 by asala]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this turns ok.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
if the OP ok'd this, why hasnt he reposted?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teh One
reply to post by riggs2099

Damn, you just don't have a clue what lockdown means at my base do you. No phone calls? No internet? What are you on about? Firstly I never once said I used my work PC and secondly my work PC wont even let me on this site. Yes I can circumvent that but that is beside the point. Look, we don;t have really any Grunts here, we are mostly admin and logistics, the rest is all brass. Yes I have pulled firewatch/guard duty before but never asked to do this kind of thing. I am at MAG31 I have gotten a call once to go pick up 4 drunk as skunks officers. I am totally at whomevers disposal as long as it is an order passed on by either another sentry or oic. That means I do whatever they ask, and I shot expert rifleman in training, just because Im an 0151 doesn't mean I am not a Marine. So what, I scored high on the asvab and this is what I got, in retrospect I wish I had gone grunt. I all the respect in the world for those guys. So what happened last night doesnt add up?
Good its a hoax, all faked, not true. Mods, you have my admission please delete this post ASAP!

Dudes, he admitted it was a load of lies.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join