It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to get this out into the open!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Edit because this was off topic sorry everyone.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Okay, against my better judgement and because I'm doing nothing imortant I'll add my two cents. After reading all the posts frankly it's going like any other thread on ATS, people degenerate into screeching primates all trying to out screech the other with I'm smarter than you, the Op is hoaxing ect. ect. BLAH BLAH.
My addition to the Ops story, I was in the army on FT. Bragg from 86-90 and I had heard some strange things and seen some too, mostly the stories were cover-ups for black-op deaths, but there was also prevelant stories of were-wolves (probably the popular monster of the day) I was a skeptic until I was out with friends at the million dollar range doing some dove hunting, we were seperated by several hundred yards when I noticed strange animal tracks, AND I MEAN STRANGE! At first it looked like a bear track with the toes and claw imprints some distance ahead but there was a deep heel print that made the track about 14" in length and here's when the hair on my neck stood up the distance between the tracks was about 2-3 feet further than my stride.
I hurried over to my buddies to tell them and guess what they were looking at? yep, this THING had been strolling around the entire perimeter of the range. We figured it was some genetic experiment and from then on we carried POW's while in the field ,yes risking at least an ART15 but we knew that something was lurking out there. For another story about a similar experience not written by me go toparanormal.about.com...

[edit on 5-8-2008 by racegunz]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Cool story. It sounds to me like the baboon just wanted to be your friend. You can sneak him some bannanas or something.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wow! Interesting story. I sure won't call the OP a liar like one member did of us in another thread where we reported we saw some strange lights in the sky over the weekend. I just don't undertand why this thread has gone on longer than that other thread without being suspended by a super moderator because there were no videos or pics to verify the sightings. Maybe someone can U2U me about how all this works.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teh One
Its uncanny how much this looks like the creature I witnessed. Just the upper half tho, I didnt get a really good look at its lower half, my flashlight only illuminated it from the waist up.

O.K.....In the OP's post on page 2 I think it was, He stated that a soldier "blindsided" him and knocked him to the ground. Then the other soldiers began to fire rounds at the creature; tracer rounds and such. He stated that the legs were unproportionately large for it's body as it ran away. SOOOO, why does the OP state here that he didn't get a good look at the lower half of its body ???? He says his flashlight only illuminated it from the waist up !! Story is conflicting already.........he needs to get the facts straight I think.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

He is a great writer and the story is slammin so I like this thread even if its a leg puller.

Yes. He is that, and only that...a writer. I think he's making the whole thing up, and I don't believe him one bit.

Who would take that long to get to the point. And also, if all of this was going on real-time, why would you write so eloquently?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have to get this out. I am that ape he saw and it was quite embarrassing. The one time I can't wait to get home and to drain my lil monkey and I get caught. Sorry bout all the fuss.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Teh One

You whole writing rhythm is contrived and overly dramatic. You are not as smart as you think you are.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by lingk007
Well, I can't seem to really believe this story. First off, "Fire-Guard" was a term used for soldiers who were in basic training who had to pull "guard duty".

....... The military sure in the hell is not going to call some lowly dude on "fire-guard" to come out to deal with some serious situation,

He said "firewatch"...

If you want to argue on the grounds of specific actual grammatical accuracy in terms....
I mean .. that was your initial point of your post, right? To call him out on specific exact terminology?-

No, my point was not to call him out on terminology. Obviously, different military jargon is used between the different branches. My point I was making was the fact the "firewatch" or "fire-guard" merely entailed low-level phone watching in the barracks. To lay the groundwork for my other statement that the base wouldn't call up some lowly guard on duty in the BARRACKS to come deal with a situation which would obviously be handled by MP's or Soldier's specifically trained to deal with these situations.
It's just sometimes necessary to use common sense when attempting to figure out whether someone is making up a story or not. When too many facts don't fit the scenario, it's a rather safe judgement that something is amiss with the story-teller, as well as the story. You can certainly believe what you like.........that's your right. As for me, I tend to look at ALL the facts, and then make a decision as to the validity of the story. Do I believe that bigfoot creatures lurk in places ?? Sure as hell do !! Do I believe UFO's are cruising around earth ?? Yep, way to much proof to believe otherwise. But I'm not going to give credibility to every person who attempts to come up with a story that they were involved in these encounters. And this guy strikes me as one who is making up this story. His facts don't seem to hold water.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I am in the Military as well, and during dowm time one day Itried to get to this site from a government computer, but I couldnt. The government has a block on certan web sited that you can, and cant go to.

Just a thought!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Tonight on the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, there was a report of a new find in the Republic of Congo. They found 80,000 endangered western Lowland Gorillas. Eighty Thousand, that they did not know were there before.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If 80,000 regular gorillas can hide from man, I am sure one super uber gorilla can evade man also. I just hope the ape the OP saw was not a weaponized hybrid.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
I just hope the ape the OP saw was not a weaponized hybrid.

Ok lets just suspend the idea of evidence for a second and address that point, how exactly would a "weaponised" animal escape into the public domain? Don't you think such things would be contained in very secure facilities.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm on my work computer right now. It's definatly not blocked for me. Could be that I'm out in Okinawa... And...I should be working...Um, yeah. So, I'll...get back to work.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
His base already sounds f'd up. If it is run the way he says, then a weaponized ape getting away wouldn't be too hard.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
o.k. dude I am going to try to keep this short.

First off. If I were you, I would be looking over my shoulder for Ashton Cushter to run out and say, "You have been punked." kind of like a couple of posters earlier said it could be some experiment on your mentality.

Second. All these seemingly smart people arguing back and forth about the meaning of the word, "firewatch" and saying things like, "A marine would never do that" or "back in my day." come on. Everyone knows the whole base could have been partying.
That is probably how the creature got loose in the first place.

I had a hard time with the lack of relief at the guard post. "no matter how lax your base is, that is a pretty high priority. Even late at night.
But you were in a hurry and catching grief from your superiors and maybe overlooked it.
Then I thought ,"What a long time it took to get to the actual sighting. but you were probably just trying to cover all your bases.
And besides. your whole story was not as long as some of the posts

I also thought you were doing a very good job writing. really better than any young marine. But then you said you scored high on your asvab and I thought, "O.K. a smart marine. Who knew."
just kidding
I don't see any reason Why this could not have happened. Can you think of where it escaped from?

oh. and good luck with your supperiors. But you will probably be fine. Because if they arrest you they would have to admit the whole story is true. You know they won't.
It's easier to call you crazy.

If you see any paperwork, Maybe we can FOI the coppies.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hard to take this seriously - for a real story regarding hairy ape men written by actual marines check out these links

www.bfro.net...

www.bfro.net...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
There are quite a few holes in this story that make it very unbelievable for me.

It seems to be pretty well established that the guy IS an actual marine or military man as he knows the lingo and he did say that ATS was blocked from his work/military computer which a few marines here have corroborated. However here are the holes in his story:

1. The bigfoot was behind him the whole time and he was 'talking to it' saying things like "what was that?" etc and never noticed a 7 and a half foot tall creature right next to him. Um ok...

2. an officer shouted who's that marine behind you? Now you're telling me that a seasoned vet/officer mistook a 8 foot tall creature for a 'marine'?
(remember the OP is 6'4 and he said creature was AT LEAST one foot taller than him)

3. He made a particular mention of the creature's 'disproportionately LARGE legs' to account for its unusual speed then later he claimed that his flashlight never went below the waist of the creature and he never saw its legs and posted a picture that he claimed is an absolute likeness of the creature and the creature in the picture had disproportionately TINY LEGS.

4. he claimed countless soldiers were firing and HITTING this thing with particular mention of tracer rounds hitting it yet there was no mention of blood/gore/body parts anywhere and he didn't even think to look for blood/trails etc..

5. the fact that there was multiple (dozen(s)?) TRAINED MARINES who are probably expert marksmen and a 8 FOOT TALL CREATURE literally less than ONE FOOT AWAY and none of them could shoot it despite all of them having flashlights and night vision goggles? Jesus 8 feet tall give me a gun I'll spray it all around and I bet I could hit that thing.

6. a creature assaulted the base, they opened fire and then just 'left' and went back to sleep after it had sprinted out of their sight? This is a MARINE BASE whose security was just compromised by god knows what and you're telling me a team wasn't assembled to pursue this thing or the people that were firing at it didn't even attempt to pursue/kill it but rather just put down their guns and went back to bed after they were satisfied that they had scared it away?

Anyone who believes this sort of jokey thing I guess is the reason why hoaxters like the OP make threads like this. Sorry but you couldn't test our cleverness buddy, we figured you out real quick, you're not fooling anyone with your laughable fiction.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Love It! Even if it is just a story it's really well written! You should think about doing some creative writing, I know a few Marines who use creative writing to de-stress when they've been working harder than usual and they've gotten quite good!

That being said, I don't see why it couldn't be a true story. BUT, do you think there's any chance you can get another person who was on hand to sign up and contribute to the thread, just for extra verification?

Thanks for posting your experience, I look forward to seeing where this thread goes.

Starrrrrrrrrred annnnnnnd Flaaaaaaaaaaagged....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This was sent to me today my bro via email-oh ,the synchronisity;By the way does'nt mean I disbeleive you op,just why some people might doubt you cos of things like this;

MARTIAN MONKEY
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Martian Monkey is the name given to the animal used by Edward Watters, Tom Wilson and Arnold Payne to perpetrate a hoax in Atlanta in 1953.
Contents
1 The hoax

2 Hoax revealed
3 Present day
4 References

The hoax
In Atlanta 1953, young barbers Edward Watters and Tom Wilson, along with butcher Arnold Payne, took a dead monkey and removed its tail, applied large doses of hair remover and used green food coloring to make the corpse of the monkey appear abnormal.[1][2] They then used a blow torch to create a burning circle in the pavement. Officer Sherley Brown came across the scene by accident and was told by the hoaxers that they had seen many creatures just like it. They claimed that they had hit the dead one with their truck and the other creatures had left in their flying saucer, which is what caused the scorch marks.[2]
The prank was played at the height of UFO hysteria in the United States. As a result, the Atlanta Police Department received constant phone calls after news of the story broke, with multiple residents adamant they had seen the flying saucer that the pranksters described. The situation was propelled further when a veterinarian agreed that the animal was not from Earth. The United States Air Force was also called in to investigate.[2]

Hoax revealed
The hoax was discovered hours after the event by Dr. Herman Jones and Emory University anatomy professor Dr. Marion Hines. They found that the anatomy of the creature was identical to that of a monkey and Hines is quoted as saying "If it came from Mars, they have monkeys on Mars."[2]
Wilson, Payne and Watters eventually admitted to the hoax. The latter was made to pay a $40 fine "for obstructing a highway."[2]Present day
The Martian Monkey is now on display in the Georgia Bureau mini-museum, along with other notable items, such as an illegal moonshine still and the fibers that solved the Atlanta child murders. The exhibit is showcased along with the news report that was published at the time.[1]

References

Associated Press. "The Butcher, the Barbers and the Fake Martian Monkey". Fox News. Retrieved on 2008-08-01.
2. Putnam, Walter. "Martian monkey lives in a jar". New Zealand Herald. Retrieved on 2008-08-01.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_Monkey"

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join