It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking : American army morality

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
I'm not shocked in the least by their behavior.

These are people who VOLUTEERED to kill other people.

What kind of morality does one expect from murderers?

I once heard it takes something like 17 soldiers not on the line to support one who is on the line. I consider those other 17 to be accesories to murder.

Vas

I "VOLUNTEERED" to SERVE my country, not kill rape and pillage. I don't know what movie commando crack pipe you been smoking but the last 21 years of my military moral deprived, raping, pillaging, and being a general menace to society, was spent in the chow hall and the NCO club getting drunk. Are we in the same dimension/earth?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
then you you believe all the people in Iraq is your enemy and should be shot
regardless of the situation.

That clears it up !
by your standard the Nazis did the right thing to round up the Jews the poles and the rest of humanity left in Germany and shoot them.

I beg to differ

Did I say that "All people in Iraq are the enemy"? No, I didn't.

I think you need to go back and actually read my posts. You might become enlightened.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifiman

I "VOLUNTEERED" to SERVE my country, not kill rape and pillage. I don't know what movie commando crack pipe you been smoking but the last 21 years of my military moral deprived, raping, pillaging, and being a general menace to society, was spent in the chow hall and the NCO club getting drunk. Are we in the same dimension/earth?

well that clears it up. here we have all these soldiers admitting to it and doing it on film but you didnt so it must be wrong.

look, there are a bad apples everywhere. i certainly never said the military was bad. but when you deny that bad things happen because YOU didnt do them, and yet we know others do, that casts great doubt on either your credibility or your ability to realize that the US is made up by far more than just YOU. and in all that time, you really never met one little idiot that came in there hoping to kill people? are we in the same dimension?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Did I say that "All people in Iraq are the enemy"? No, I didn't.

I think you need to go back and actually read my posts. You might become enlightened.

yes you did
when you said that there is no murder and i see soldiers talking about killing innocent civillians. the only way your logic works is if there are no innocent civillians in a warzone in a time of war. you say murder cannot exist there so everyone must be the enemy.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is one thing I would like to point out. Most current members of the military have relatives who have served. Whether it be moms, dads, aunts or uncles, military service is pretty close to a tradition for some families. Do you really think a parent or sibling would let their daughter/sister join if there was a 40% chance of them being raped? I doubt it.

This is like saying Washington high school in New York has a 30% teen pregnancy rate. Therefore every young girl in this country is having sex and getting knocked up. The logic behind this thread is insane! You cannot determine the moral compass of a organization based on statistics taken from a hospital that only serves a small portion of the military. It seems to me the original poster is using the pain and hardship these women have went through to reinforce and justify his or her negative feelings regarding the military and the United States.

I have been in the Army for 3 years and am currently getting ready to go to Iraq. I can honestly say that the unit I am in consists of some of the finest individuals our country has. I believe from my personal experience that the morals and discipline of the average soldier are higher than the average citizen. We do have our bad apples as does any segment of the population, but the average service member does not deserve the hatred or cynicism described in some of these comments

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I was in Bosnia and then Kosovo, during the "butcher of Belgrade" time frame and talked with a lot of folks that lived through a lot of murder, rape, general crap that goes on in war. Some of those folks we not so nice people, in fact would kill you for your cigarette if you were smoking one. Why didn't they kill me then? Because I didn't kill their family s and rape their daughters. They did what needed to be done to stop tyranny. They weren't cold blooded murders but folks protecting their loved ones from evil people who thought they were just and right. What is right? What is evil? Is it a matter of perception?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I blame the media to a certain extent they call Iraqi civilians insurgents
when ever it suits their needs.

What we really have in Iraq is a civilian force trying to repel a preemptive strike from an enemy who thinks they are all insurgents

the turning point was when they got Saddam and has been proven that he was captured a lot earlier than the US Military claim

they hid the truth to prolong the war.

Ron Paul a true Statesman was cast aside in favor of a warmonger that in itself
explains why Americans are always in war
Obama and Mccain both will protract this war into 2030 . the reason I know this for a certainty is that the rich in America want to make money off of it
while the economy is shaken to the ground.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinbbl
reply to post by wrathchild

No, I signed up in 1999, the economy was great! You see most of the people that sign up for the Service has something in them that you people cant understand. The will to fight for thier country. You see, there are many things that are going on in this country that I don't like, that I dont want to fight for. However there are many things in this country that I want to fight for. I have a duty to fight for the constitution of the united states, and the fredomes it gives us... but the number one thing I fight for, and that no government can replace is the fist line in the Constitution. WE THE PEOPLE!

news flash
while your fighting for your country
your country is losing
habeas corpus lost
Geneva conventions broken

we the people Don't want you fighting for them by a margin of 80%
The dastardly acts in Iraq by American soldiers has degraded the American military to the status of a gang

Who will rape the enemy even their own fellow woman soldiers will be raped
murdering the unarmed citizens
and probably murdering their own fellow soldiers.
torture civilians and laugh while they do it
This is not the mighty American army you would need a draft for that to materialize
this is the army of persons who sign up to kill for money hit men and gangsters
a very big difference

that someone can have the nerve to try and defend the raping of their own fellow female soldiers by using the excuses the you have it is beyond the epitome of dumber than dumber

you say your country are you not american? and if not then who are you to even post a thread about what goes on in our military...... i disagree with alot of what goes on in alot of the countries around the world I hate that these rapes and bad behavior have occured but this is not the status quo among people in the military.... ILL PROBABLY GET BANNED FOR THIS BUT IM TIRED OF ALL THESE WHINEY ASS FORIEGNERS WHO WOULDNT LIFT A FINGURE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR OWN MOTHER LET ALONE THEIR COUNTRY P**SIES that being said i dont agree with the current administration on alot of polocies. but i do not and will not bring everyone in a uniform into the same camp JACKASS

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Every Invading army ever fielded an mired in a conflict this long has suffered the same unfortunate happenings. Every Army is a cross section of the nation that fields it to some extent, and as we all know every society has its bad apples.
So save your morality spiel for the ones that sever heads and hide behind woman and children. And then really save it for the ones who do in name of the ultimate "morality"...religion! thx

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Are you former military?

Eye of Eagle

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

you say your country are you not american? and if not then who are you to even post a thread about what goes on in our military...... i disagree with alot of what goes on in alot of the countries around the world I hate that these rapes and bad behavior have occured but this is not the status quo among people in the military.... ILL PROBABLY GET BANNED FOR THIS BUT IM TIRED OF ALL THESE WHINEY ASS FORIEGNERS WHO WOULDNT LIFT A FINGURE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR OWN MOTHER LET ALONE THEIR COUNTRY P**SIES that being said i dont agree with the current administration on alot of polocies. but i do not and will not bring everyone in a uniform into the same camp JACKASS

then let me help. as an american who would fight to the death to defend anyone or anything i love and feel deserves it. i fear nothing. unfortunately, i am not the kind of guy that
rapes anyone
tortures anyone
hurts innocent people
nor am i the kind of guy that hides behind my flag and pretends those things are ok under ANY circumstances in defence of my country. the biggest damage done to the USA has been done by it's own lawmakers over the last quarter century. and people here feel the need to defend rapists? really?
attention rapist defenders
please post your mom, sister, daughter's address and schedules and we will see if circumstances matter more than "the stuff that happens in war time."

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I like the way that you think.

Eye of Eagle

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE
reply to post by solo1

Are you former military?

Eye of Eagle

POLICE

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

It seems as if you are a very tough and brave soul. I would love to see the look on your face on your day of judgement when you are standing in front of GOD himself and he asks you why you had a symbol of satan on your user profile. You are truly a smart person!!!!!

GODSPEED,

Eye of Eagle

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

then let me help. as an american who would fight to the death to defend anyone or anything i love and feel deserves it. i fear nothing. unfortunately, i am not the kind of guy that
rapes anyone
tortures anyone
hurts innocent people
nor am i the kind of guy that hides behind my flag and pretends those things are ok under ANY circumstances in defence of my country. the biggest damage done to the USA has been done by it's own lawmakers over the last quarter century. and people here feel the need to defend rapists? really?
please post your mom, sister, daughter's address and schedules and we will see if circumstances matter more than "the stuff that happens in war time."

i hope you do not think im defending the perpatraitors of these crimes im not im only saying you cant count all of them in the same lot.... they arent all bad people id say not even more than a few percent are....criminals eed to be punished but branding our entire military as evil is wrong and helps to perpetuate the bad image the world has of the american people

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As hard as it is to watch those videos by America patriots.
The fact remains the American military in Iraq have proven themselves to have no mercy for the innocent.
murder ,rape and torture with a smile is not common it is rampant and encouraged by officers.
this isn't the debate the videos and statistics proves this
But I admit you have the right being of your unsound mind to believe it never happened they are lying and its a plot by Obamma bin ladin

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

rapes anyone
tortures anyone
hurts innocent people

The biggest travesy is not the politicians in office. It's those of us who VOTE the bastards in! We, John Q public need to take responsibility for our own actions. This is the current trend, blame placement. I take responsibility for all this crap. I voted for GWB. Get the rope ready...Just make sure it's not hemp..Hemp is too scratchy.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Then what gives you the freakin right to speak for the entire US Army? They are a part of the reason why you stand free in this country. Just because you have a few idiots that can't control themselves does not mean the entire US Army does not have any morals.

Hey, I just recently read where a couple of cops were on the take and were helping drug dealers smuggle drugs into this country. Does that mean all cops are on the take and are helping drugdealers?

Any comment?

Eye of Eagle

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE
reply to post by re22666

It seems as if you are a very tough and brave soul. I would love to see the look on your face on your day of judgement when you are standing in front of GOD himself and he asks you why you had a symbol of satan on your user profile. You are truly a smart person!!!!!

GODSPEED,

Eye of Eagle

lol, so we are talking about the HUGE amount of women being raped by OUR OWN MILITARY. and to discount me, you say god will judge me based on a picture? ok buddy. tell you what. feel free to U2U me, start a new thread, whatever. you can show me exactly where my avatar is in the bible. if you are questioning my religion because questioning my patriotism failed miserably, please back that up sir. i know why you see a satanic symbol, you are myopic, judgemental, and ignorant. that is ok. you can still recant what you said, or prove it.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

As hard as it is to watch those videos by America patriots.
The fact remains the American military in Iraq have proven themselves to have no mercy for the innocent.
murder ,rape and torture with a smile is not common it is rampant and encouraged by officers.
this isn't the debate the videos and statistics proves this
But I admit you have the right being of your unsound mind to believe it never happened they are lying and its a plot by Obamma bin ladin

are you there? have you seen it? or are u making your presumptions based on biased media representation and my friend statistics can be made to say whatever you want them to

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join