It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking : American army morality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Morality is something that underpins Humanity.
when you lose it,your humanity is lost.
America's armed forces are not moral they have proven it from time to time
over and over again. This may reflect on Americans in general their humanity may well have gone down the drain.

As bob Dylan's song goes

My sense of Humanity has gone down the drain
every beautiful thing has seen some kind of pain
every bone in my body do so vacant and numb
I don't even know what it is I came here to get away from
I don't see why I should even care
it's not Dark yet but it's getting there

Sexual assault in military 'jaw-dropping,' lawmaker says
www.cnn.com...

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You know what makes me sick about a thread like this? To name a few things...how about Al Queda dragging the corpses of our soldiers through the streets of Iraq, burned, battered and tortured?

How about the beheading of a journalist on Arab television? How about the first capture of a female American military woman in Iraq, in a convoy, back broken, shot, stabbed and raped in an Iraqi hospital, having to be rescued by what was it, NAVY SEALS??

How about comparing the numbers of our soldier's wrongdoings compared to ANY guerrilla, insurgent, terrorist, or any other military force in the world????

Threads like this make me sick....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
We can be proud of our military, and demand that this shocking trend of women being sexually assaulted be stopped. To ignore a 40% sexual assault rate of women in our military in the name of patriotism... is just plain stupid!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
We can be proud of our military, and demand that this shocking trend of women being sexually assaulted be stopped. To ignore a 40% sexual assault rate of women in our military in the name of patriotism... is just plain stupid!

This would be WHY we did not allow females next to men in combat zones for 200 years! Perhaps there was a reason?

I am in NO WAY making an excuse for rape, but there are reasons for things being the way they are. Liberals have to come in and frak everything up in the name of progression when in fact they are setting us back.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

I agree yankeerose...

From TailHook in the 80's on back until now, but what does this have to do with the war now? Nothing, it's been a problem since the military first allowed women into their ranks, I am sure if we went back and interviewed the military nurses back in WWII, this was rampant back then as well and never reported. Not that I don't condone swift justice, I am just saying, to bring it up now and act all shocked like it's just NOW been a problem is ludicrous IMO.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I agree that the killings, and the rapings lately are sick... but how dare you put me in that catagory. For you to asume that just because I am in the military, my morals are the same, makes you ignorant!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Originally posted by bismarcksea
Originally posted by yankeerose

I can't believe I am even reading this crap!

This would be WHY we did not allow females next to men in combat zones for 200 years! Perhaps there was a reason?

This is the biggest bullcrap cop out I have seen in ages...."yeah...it's her short skirt, she was asking for it...yeah...they let BROADS into the military, what do you expect? Of COURSE they will be raped, just the presence of females among men in the military!!!"

"SHEESH, yes, they will be raped, we're sorry but men can't control themselves and it's your fault for wanting to serve your county..... what bullcrap!!! .....good gawd....so are we to surmise that no military man can resist raping a female in the uniform...Yes, because there are now WOMEN in the military, we are supposed to blame ourselves if women get raped, because of course, men can't control themselves in combat?? What a frikken load of horse patties..."

[edit on 2-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

[edit on 2-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
how about the morality of the soulless politicians and military leaders that sent them there.

These young people sign up with good intentions and are thrown into a cesspool.

Maybe they wouldn't have to sign up if the economy wasn't in the toilet in the first place.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

No, I signed up in 1999, the economy was great! You see most of the people that sign up for the Service has something in them that you people cant understand. The will to fight for thier country. You see, there are many things that are going on in this country that I don't like, that I dont want to fight for. However there are many things in this country that I want to fight for. I have a duty to fight for the constitution of the united states, and the fredomes it gives us... but the number one thing I fight for, and that no government can replace is the fist line in the Constitution. WE THE PEOPLE!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I mention they signed up with good intentions.

They are all heroes.

A lot of the RECENT recruits that sign up are from the less fortunate demographic. The military has loosened their policies on recruiting in order to increase their numbers.

They leave poor home life, bad neighborhoods and poverty in the U.S. but are expected to be well- adjusted, perfect soldiers in a violent war- torn country

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
You know what makes me sick about a thread like this? To name a few things...how about Al Queda dragging the corpses of our soldiers through the streets of Iraq, burned, battered and tortured?

How about the beheading of a journalist on Arab television? How about the first capture of a female American military woman in Iraq, in a convoy, back broken, shot, stabbed and raped in an Iraqi hospital, having to be rescued by what was it, NAVY SEALS??

How about comparing the numbers of our soldier's wrongdoings compared to ANY guerrilla, insurgent, terrorist, or any other military force in the world????

Threads like this make me sick....

those acts were against the enemy

this thread is about Americans against Americans

your entire response to it is not a response to the Subject but a search to substantiate what American soldiers are doing to their fellow Americans
and is a meager attempt atthat

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
I mention they signed up with good intentions.

They are all heroes.

A lot of the RECENT recruits that sign up are from the less fortunate demographic. The military has loosened their policies on recruiting in order to increase their numbers.

They leave poor home life, bad neighborhoods and poverty in the U.S. but are expected to be well- adjusted, perfect soldiers in a violent war- torn country

Fair enough, I would agree to some extent.. but most kids a joining today for a paid for education.. at least the ones working for me!

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Smokinbbl]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinbbl
reply to post by wrathchild

No, I signed up in 1999, the economy was great! You see most of the people that sign up for the Service has something in them that you people cant understand. The will to fight for thier country. You see, there are many things that are going on in this country that I don't like, that I dont want to fight for. However there are many things in this country that I want to fight for. I have a duty to fight for the constitution of the united states, and the fredomes it gives us... but the number one thing I fight for, and that no government can replace is the fist line in the Constitution. WE THE PEOPLE!

news flash
while your fighting for your country
your country is losing
habeas corpus lost
Geneva conventions broken

we the people Don't want you fighting for them by a margin of 80%
The dastardly acts in Iraq by American soldiers has degraded the American military to the status of a gang

Who will rape the enemy even their own fellow woman soldiers will be raped
murdering the unarmed citizens
and probably murdering their own fellow soldiers.
torture civilians and laugh while they do it
This is not the mighty American army you would need a draft for that to materialize
this is the army of persons who sign up to kill for money hit men and gangsters
a very big difference

that someone can have the nerve to try and defend the raping of their own fellow female soldiers by using the excuses the you have it is beyond the epitome of dumber than dumber

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinbbl
...I have a duty to fight for the constitution of the united states, and the fredomes it gives us... but the number one thing I fight for, and that no government can replace is the fist line in the Constitution. WE THE PEOPLE!

Perhaps if you laid off the shooting of foreign enemies, and started shooting the domestic enemies, people could get behind you more.

(Note: you in this context = everyone in the armed forces)

[edit on 2-8-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Not sure if I follow you on this one Sir..

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313How about the first capture of a female American military woman in Iraq, in a convoy, back broken, shot, stabbed and raped in an Iraqi hospital, having to be rescued by what was it, NAVY SEALS??

Some of you Americans make me shake my head. Not all of you, just the ones that live off MSM.

I assume you're talking about Jessica Lynch.

Lynch, along with major media outlets, have since accused the United States Government of fabricating this story as part of the Pentagon's propaganda effort[1][2][3][4][5][6][7] to manipulate the American and global public opinion into accepting and sympathizing with the[8] 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Accounts of the events from Lynch's capture to her rescue are incomplete and contradictory, and Lynch herself has no clear recollection of this period. Dr. Greg Argyros, assistant chief of the Department of Medicine at Walter Reed Army Medical Center where Lynch was treated, stated, "[A]nytime anybody goes through a traumatic event of any kind, there is the risk that they may have a period that they don't remember what happened."

On April 24, 2007 she testified in front of Congress that she had never fired her weapon—her M16 rifle jammed, as did all weapons systems assigned to her unit, and that she had been knocked unconscious when her vehicle crashed.[2] She woke up later in an Iraqi hospital. She accused members of the media and the military of lying for their own gain. She said during her testimony, "They should have found out the facts before they spread the word like wildfire."[9][10][11][12]

After some time in the custody of the Iraqi army regiment that had captured her,[18] Lynch was taken to a hospital in Nasiriya. Iraqi hospital staff, including Doctors Harith Al-Houssona and Anmar Uday, claim to have shielded Lynch from Iraqi military and government agents who were using the hospital as a base of military operations. U.S. forces were tipped off as to Lynch's whereabouts by an Iraqi, sympathetic to her plight, who told them she had been tortured and injured but was still alive. The Iraqi was described as a 32-year-old lawyer, initially described only as "Mohammed" and later identified as Mohammed Odeh al Rehaief. In light of Mohammed's role in Lynch's rescue, Mohammed and his family were granted refugee status by the United States.

Initial reports indicated that al Rehaief's wife was a nurse by the name of Iman in the hospital where Lynch was being held captive,[18] and that while visiting his wife at the hospital, al Rehaief noticed that security was heightened and inquired as to why. However, hospital personnel later confirmed only part of al Rehaief's story, indicating that while al Rehaief had indeed visited the hospital, his wife was not a nurse there, nor was there any nurse by the name of Iman working there. While visiting the hospital from which Lynch was eventually extracted, al Rehaief claimed that he had observed an Iraqi colonel slapping Lynch. "My heart stopped", said al Rehaief, "I knew then I must help her be saved. I decided I must go to tell the Americans."[18]

Al Rehaief's story has been disputed by doctors working at the hospital, who claim that Lynch was shielded and protected from Iraqi military personnel by hospital staff and was cared for well throughout her stay at the hospital.[19]

Moreover, according to reports, on March 30, Dr. Al-Houssona reportedly attempted to have Lynch delivered to the U.S. forces, an attempt which had to be abandoned when the Americans fired on the Iraqi ambulance carrying her.[20]

The rescue operation was a well publicized propoganda stunt and was decried as major overkill. The worst that happened to her in that hospital was she was allegedly slapped, but even that is unclear whether or not it happened. No rape and torture happened, no matter how bad you wanted it to happen

I'm not saying horrible things don't happen to the troops. Kidnapping and beheadings are prevalent, or used to be. We don't hear much about them anymore but who wants to hear the ugly side of war during the 6 o'clock news

And those burned corpses were Blackwater agents, not troops. The knew the risks, but their 30 grand a month paychecks were too lucrative. Not saying they deserved it, but they're fighting in a war for christ sakes.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You know what makes me sick? Comparing one person's demoralizing and despicable crime to another's to attempt to make excuses for the first - or make it seem "not so bad". We are talking about soldiers serving our country being raped by FELLOW soldiers! Yeah, it makes me sick that you would even think to bring "Al Qaeda" into this...

I am just saying, to bring it up now and act all shocked like it's just NOW been a problem is ludicrous IMO.

I don't understand. Are we just supposed to keep quiet about it because it's been happening all along?

Originally posted by bismarcksea

Yes. Chauvinism.

I am in NO WAY making an excuse for rape,

Oh, yes you are! You're not holding the rapists accountable, saying it's because the women .... are there.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This whole MSM story really drives me crazy! It completely paints our military with one very large brush. How can they say that out of the 14 installations 103 soldiers constitutes 41%...oh wait that was 4 people out of 10 from one hospital! Currently women make up 20% of our 1.4 million total troop strength. So how does 103 troops out 280,000 make up 41%? I agree that sexual misconduct is a problem. No one should have to endure being treated that way. Yes there will some bad apples get through our militaries recruiting process. But with our youths current lifestyles and lack of morals what do you expect. Seriously our young peoples values are the problem not the military. Our culture has become the problem not the military. The FBI states that a woman is raped every 2 minutes in our country. Where has happened to our morals?

I ask everyone that I come into contact with that wants to join the military a simple question. Are you mentally prepared to take another persons life? Joining the military is a life changing course. You are going to become a soldier! Soldiers FIGHT and KILL to protect ones country and family wether the war is popular or not. Its not Boy Scout camp and its not a picnic. Some people can handle it and many cant. But non the less someone has to take up the job. I would hope one day we wont need a military but mankind is not capable at this time to do without it.

Here are my links for my numbers I quoted.
Women In The Military

US Military Strength

FBI statistics

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

When did Al Queda do that? Source please.

Unless you are referring to Fallujah...a few years back. That was not Al Queda. And they were NOT soldiers they were mercinaries told NOT to go into that area. But regardless, don't worry the U.S. got even, they took over and blew up every house worth looking at, hey they even shot the dogs and cats.

Unless you are referring to another situation where the corpses of U.S. soldiers were "dragged through the streets". I only recall Somalia.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Sonya610]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join