It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossad gunning for Mel Gibson?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Moore manipulates the truth too much or flat out lies and everyone believes him (because how could a "documentary" film maker lie? - if you call Michael Moore a liar, he'll title you a terrorist or a liar yourself, lol). I was able to dissect most of Moore's film but this site did a more thorough job than I did.

www.bowlingfortruth.com...

[Edited on 3-13-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Moore manipulates the truth too much or flat out lies and everyone believes him. I was able to dissect most of Moore's film but this site did a more thorough job than I did.

www.bowlingfortruth.com...

He plays hard ball and manipulates things in his favour, just like the far right do. How is this wrong? You fight fire with fire.
If he didn't do this how else would he get through the far right propaganda that spreads throughout the world?

His basic message is that you shouldn't trust the government, which is the right message to get across. Oh, and before anyone says it, he wasn't a Clinton supporter either.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Most people aren't going to question Moore anyhow, who want's to do the REAL research themselves? I seek only truth, Moore lies to further his crazy agenda, which isn't exactly an agenda in my opinion. His work is just a way to make fire where fire doesn't need to be made (and make money). He never really goes into the true details about anything - in his world, his word IS truth. I used to like his stuff, but I've found too many inconsistencies and falsities in his work as I've gotten older and somewhat wiser. Never believe anyone's word unless you've done the research of what they are talking about yourself.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sure, he's all about fighting the government, but when you have to lie to make a point (poor points at that), you're no better than the people you're fighting against.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Sure, he's all about fighting the government, but when you have to lie to make a point (dumb points at that), you're no better than the people you're fighting against.

Trust me I've done the research.

I suppose you've got to ask yourself one question. Who is more of a threat to this world, Michael Moore or the US government?
The fact that more people seem to attack Moore rather than the government makes me hang my head in shame. If you think that Moore is worth more of an effort to attack than the government then I have to ask what the hell is going on?

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I could attack the government all day long, but it won't get me anywhere (except maybe a prison cell : ).

Michael Moore just isn't what I'd call an honest person.
I'd rather have a Michael Moore who tells the truth than the one that spits out lies to make pointless points. It's all for shock value, even though there really isn't any shock value until Moore puts his chubby fingers into it.

He's not going to change America or the world and I think he shouldn't be making "documentaries" unless he speaks the truth and not half-truths or total lies.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well if you throw in the towel that easily no wonder the world is in a crappy mess.

P.S. I think you are wrong when you say that he isn't going to change the world.

His books have sold more than nearly any other book of it's type. His documentaries are the most successful commercially of their kind.

What are these things doing? Convincing millions that they shouldn't trust the government which is the right direction to be going in, regardless of how he gets us there.

If we had a few million more like more we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
He's just trying to cash in, that's all it is. It doesn't matter to thim - he's a good actor. He should have won an Oscar just on his acting alone. There are better ways to go about telling people how bad the government is then by lying to them (just like the government he is fighting against).

And I don't think he will change the world because most people watch him (or read his work) for entertainment, nothing else - plus, most people don't care to begin with. As long as people have their media entertainment, their fast food, etc... they won't care.

Most people have attention spans no longer than a gnat's (buzz here, get swat at, buzz there). Although that probably isn't the best analogy, it slightly makes sense. They only think about what the media tells them to think about (and that includes Moore, and his material isn't much to think about - there are better people then him trying to get the word out, honest people, they just don't get heard because they don't make up crazy lies to get their word out - like us for instance, lol). Once something new pops up, everyone forgets what happened previously. It's all conditioning. You're shocked for the moment (5 seconds, maybe longer) and then everything goes back to normal - everyone gets back into their daily routine and don't have second thoughts.

All I'm saying is that that is how most people are. That is why I don't think Moore will change anything, people will be "shocked" by his work and his so-called "truth", think about it for a little while, and then get back into their daily craptastic routine without a second thoght (maybe a few years down the road someone will mention Moore's work them and that person will say, "oh yeah, I remember that," just like everyone remembers the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, etc...). I'm not saying you're that way, just most are.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I just saw the Passion a couple hours ago. There is nothing anti-Semitic about the movie. It is fairly accurate, and paints the pharassees in the bad light, and the commoner Jew in good light. There is no rason to believethis anti-Semitism crap, its soul purpose is to make people think the depiction is bad. I know the Bible, I saw the film, there is no problem and no reason for the Mossad to gun for those guys. Sheesh

top topics

<< 1   >>

join