It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: Dress Up Navy Seals As Iranians to Provoke Iran War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Seymour Hersh just recently said that Cheney and other Bush administration officials met in his office to brainstorm ways to start a war with Iran.

...this meeting occurred in the wake of the overblown incident in the Strait of Hormuz, when a U.S. carrier almost shot at a few small Iranian speedboats. The “meeting took place in the Vice-President’s office. ‘The subject was how to create a casus belli between Tehran and Washington,’” according to one of Hersh’s sources.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

HERSH: There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don’t we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

thinkprogress.org...

When our "elected" Vice President holds a meeting to start a war, is this not illegal?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Stuff like this makes me fear the future of mankind. What purpose does this solve? To keep those in power in power? Ridiculous.

Really makes war seem theatrical don't it?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This Hersh guy has been known to lie bigtime.

Who are Hersh's undisclosed sources *this time*?

Of course, he can't tell us who these sources are.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
And how does he know this? Does he have a special secret pass that no other journalist have that would let him sit in and listen to a supposed secret meeting.I am no fan of the Bush administration but seriously that story just does not make any sense to me. Not to mention the fact that even if it was true then technically he would be in violation of National Security by divulging secret meeting details.I don't think this story is true though.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You realize that by visiting this site, your IP address has been filed at NSA headquarters and agents are on their way to pick you up now. In fact we're watching you via satellite right now.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yeah, it's hard to believe that someone on the inside, at that level, would be so forthcoming with this information. However, on the other hand, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Dick Cheney came up with such a sinister plan.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join