It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. combat deaths in Iraq plunge to new low

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

he number of U.S. soldiers killed in combat in Iraq has dropped sharply this month, putting July on track to have the lowest casualties for the military since the U.S.-led invasion of the country in 2003.

The full article is quoted here

---------

This is good news!

Looks like that surge helped after all Obama!

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
yeah because we bought off all the militias that were killing our troops.
not quite victory more like exstortion.
plus we dont want our troops too beat up before we send them all to iran.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Some people there are just no hope for.

Even good news is bad news.

Jeeze.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

This is a good thing, nothing less...

What does it mean? In the immediate future, more of the boys and girls over there will make it home alive... In the farther future? Don't know, there could be many reasons, some good, like the bad guys are just as tired as the good guys, and are running out of steam. Pure luck, which while a good thing does eventually run out.

Suffice it to say, it's a good thing. Let's hope it continues.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Heard this on the radio.. they said that the US are gettling less involved in the fights.

So basically the death counts may still be high... Deaths are still occuring.

Gee.. now that the soldiers are getting freed up.. wonder how long they'll stay in Iran when they arrive?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
and its one two thre four what are we waiting for
next stop is in Iran

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Less death, less destruction, less wounds, less PTSD, less rehab is a very
good thing regardless of the reasons.

This is a very good trend! Let's continue it with our brave warriors here at
home where they can be with their families and children. Why should our
bravest and finest be involved in a stupid pointless civil war?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am glad the death and destruction is down. I am angry that my money got surged. Yes, it was the money surge not the troop surge that had the effect.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
good to see that the death counts in Iraq are down, but unfortunatley, the death rate in Afghanistan is going up.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
yeah because we bought off all the militias that were killing our troops

Truer words couldn’t be spoken! I also think the lower death tolls are the results of the help of many of the Iraqi people. There is a “community watch” type organization over called the sons of Iraq that are helping coalition forces fight the insurgents and sway the general Iraqi population into helping the military. The new IED defeating technology is contributing to the lower military death toll too.

But like in everything, money can grease a lot of wheels.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I love it.

I've seen many reasons why we have reached this stage in Iraq where the deaths are continually going down, and not one person has given any credit to the troops who are fighting this war.

"We bought off the militias" etc., is the same garbage I keep hearing from Obama and the media.

As far as I'm concerned we reached this stage because of our excellent men and women over there who are fighting to make it happen.

So many people have been invested in defeat for so long that when good things happen, they can't acknowledge it.

It's sad.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

How can freedom fighters be bought off? These are true freedom fighters determined to drive Americans off aren't they? They can't be bought. They fight for freedom!!! Not money!!!! But then it cost about a few hundred dollars to be paid to set off an IED.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

i didnt say freedom fighter i said militia. plus hell everybody knows money makes the world go round.

you dont think we went to iraq for freedom do you?
we went there for oil and corporate profits.
and when the money stops the killing will start again.
and so the world turns...
same sh--t diffrent day.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

we went there for oil and corporate profits.

OH!

That must be why our supply of oil is so great and prices are so cheap...right?

Wait a second....

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Which ones tend to inflict most of the American casualties in the first place? And why exactly they stop doing what they are doing if their objective is to push Americans out? Militias, freedom fighters, all the same ain't it? Just like our own during the American Revolution.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

its called inflation ever heard of it? thats responisble for abour 60% of the price increase and that has nothing to do with a barrel of crude.

your money is worth less.

and also the oil companies run our government, and i assure you they doing quite well with their new oil contracts for iraqs wells. the oil in iraq used to belong to the iraqi government and the people of iraq now it belongs to exxon and mobil. the oil companies are doing great after this war.

they dont give a *snip* about you or me or how much we pay for gas. they dont care how much damn money are government blows on this retarded war. they dont care how many of our troops are turned into IED confetti. they only care about profits. if you still think iraq war is for freedom you must be borderline comatose.

and deltaboy

no in iraq militia are not the same as freedom fighters. they are basically religious gangs controled by islamic clerics. they fight each other and us. they can be bought off. we pay the barbarians tribute not to attack imperial holdings, a tactic as old as rome. when the money stops the gunfire will start.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

and deltaboy

no in iraq militia are not the same as freedom fighters. they are basically religious gangs controled by islamic clerics. they fight each other and us. they can be bought off. we pay the barbarians tribute not to attack imperial holdings, a tactic as old as rome. when the money stops the gunfire will start.

So we paid these barbarian insurgents aka freedom fighters to stop targeting Americans because they just needed the money and were not actually fighting American occupation. Well that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

dont put your words in my mouth and try and change what i said.
i never said freedom fighters. they are a militia.
they fight us.
they also fight diffrent branches of islam.
they are corrupt and they can be paid off to not attack.
its happend countless times throughout history. how is this so difficult to comprehend?

it works out for the militia because they probably wanted a cease fire to build up anyway, now we are just paying them for the ceasefire.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It might be possible the casualty rates are down due to the years of hard fighting from the men and woman actually fighting wars. See, although there is much political turmoil,corruption, and greed. The military over there actually puts all their effort and energy into doing their jobs. Most of the time their best friends lives are at stake. What would you do for your best friend? It might just be possible that's the reason.

But, i'll just leave these sorts of conclusions to the proffesionals. Who must have been to Iraq, talked to the militias, and been given this information by Americas opposing forces. They must have done multiple trips into combat zones and developed these expert conclusions they have from real world experience. It's just silly to think otherwise...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Shhh...

Good News on the War Front is bad news for the Dem party line...

Shh....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join