It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Women's Restroom; and other feminine mysteries

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MissZahrah
[more

Oh that's below the belt.
Some of us guys need a special day just for putting up with a woman.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by seagrass

Don't get the wrong idea though... even though I had a good relationship with my mother, I was never a ladies man. Perhaps it is because of that. I was turned down by many a woman that wanted to be treated like crap instead. I guess since I could relate to them, I was always more easily viewed as a friend.

I always kind of admired the ladies man though. He could treat a girl like crap and get another one a week later. Meanwhile, I couldn't get a date if I had to. It all worked out in the end, but it was a painful ride.
I understand. You should be proud you weren't a ladies man. Those guys have fun for a while, but I doubt they ever truly find a good relationship. Dating them is a pretty painful ride too. Better to be a friend to women. In the end those women will wonder if they shouldn't have tried harder with you.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's difficult to find a "normal" woman because most of them are brainwashed by the media to believe they have to look like a supermodel in order to be acceptable.

I used to be that way myself. And men flocked to me like flies. Once I understood what was going on, I decided I wasn't going to play that stupid game anymore. I no longer go to that effort to look beautiful. I just make sure I'm somewhat presentable (not looking like I just fell out of a dumpster).

Now men pay no attention to me at all. So I guess men are also brainwashed into thinking they need to have the supermodel. Don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining at all. I don't feel the need to have a man in my life. I'm just making an observation and find it quite interesting. Then again... maybe I have a really bad personality.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
For all you nerds out there, think of it this way. We would all love to fool around with Wolverine, but everyone knows Cyclops is the husband material. LOL

Oh really?

Just catching up on this thread. I've got a few more pages to go.

Here, an oldie, you may have heard it:

Q- Why do men die first?

A- Because they want to.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
If there can be a Valentine's Day then why can't there be a Steak & Massage day for us men?
A day where the ladies bring home the biggest steak in the store, cook it up. Then a good massage in " the right spot" and we relax the rest of the day.

Just wondering how you ladies do all that you do, child birth, house chores, shopping, taking kids to events and still find time for your hubby?

I clean an ashtray and I'll talk about it all day.

[edit on 7/30/2008 by Solarskye]
Sounds good to me about the steak and massage for men. But Valentine's day is supposed to be a mutual expression of love.. It's not just for women. I hate Valentine's day. I think you should show love everyday, even if it is just cleaning out an ashtray. (very funny by the way) My husband has to tell me when he ran the dishwasher.... Does he really want to hear how much I did today? I don't think so.
A lot of times we don't have time for our hubby. We are sucked dry of any kind of intimacy.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

I wouldn't let that from stopping you from dating. Clubs are a supermarket for people that want to hook up. And men traditionally are the aggressors. Why do you think women get in free? They bring the men and their wallets. That guy was just being a guy. Plenty of other places to meet someone.

Coincidentally, I met my wife at a bar and SHE was the aggressor. I liked that.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Well I do share the work and responsibility with my wife and I was just having fun. Me and my wife both hate Valentine's Day too and prefer to celebrate our love whenever we can through the year. We have six children so if she had to do it all I'm sure I'd be lonely and divorced and out of money.

I'm thankful everyday for my wife and would do anything for her. I know that when she's happy " I'm happy". So for me in all honesty I appreciate all women who makes a difference in a man's life. I know my woman does that for me and I return what I receive.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I know I am late in posting but had to read them all. LOL Great thread I loved it. I think a good sense of humor goes a long way. You all have done such a good job staying to the point yet keeping it humorous.

I think it's really the way women are raised. Had I been a shoe loving diamond wearing shopping fiend I would have been doing it alone. I was a tomboy daddies girl with a tough brother who beat my *ss dailey. I met my husband at 16 and had to deal with his parade of goofy friends. Went on to have two sons and lived in a house of men. It was their rule. Yeah I fell in the toilet on some cold dark nights. Not to mention the farting/burping/burp talking contests. Yes I have lived with men and they have ruined me forever. I simply cannot take some women seriously and need to stay away from them.

As far as the women’s restroom goes OMG I still have nightmares about those places the doors slamming shut and not being able to open them and crawling under the bottom of the stall door in god knows what kind of muck on the floor. Stalls with no doors or doors that are to short. It goes on and on. I know I use to go to the ladies room at the drive in they had a row of toilets no doors strange looking bowls that sat higher and had no toilet seats just the porcelain rim. Sometimes they are in my dreams don't know what they were about never used them.

The bra thing is another traumatic experience for me. My mother was always pretty large chested while I'm rather athletic. She decided at 13 I needed to be professionally fitted for a bra. No biggie someone measures you around your clothes no problem. This huge woman takes me in the back strips off my shirt and bra she's doing things to me that makes me think I'm being raped she finds the biggest bra's I've ever seen in my life and straps them on so tight I can feel the blood pooling in my arms. She then tells me to bend over, I know, and she proceeds to lift me off my feet by the back of my bra. It was kind of like a bra wedgie.

You guys just don't know what we go through. I've thrown the makeup away maybe a little powder for the shine. We pawned my diamond so many times I now sport a tattoo as a token of our lives together. I told him I'll be damned if he pawns this one!

Good luck to all in your relationships try to keep a good sense of humor and try not to take yourself too seriously.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well I do share the work and responsibility with my wife and I was just having fun. Me and my wife both hate Valentine's Day too and prefer to celebrate our love whenever we can through the year. We have six children so if she had to do it all I'm sure I'd be lonely and divorced and out of money.

I'm thankful everyday for my wife and would do anything for her. I know that when she's happy " I'm happy". So for me in all honesty I appreciate all women who makes a difference in a man's life. I know my woman does that for me and I return what I receive.

six kids? Your wife is a superwoman. I bet your home is fun. My husband comes from a family of six kids too. One girl. They are so awesome. I congratulate you on your attitude toward your wife and family. I am glad they have you.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I know I am late in posting but had to read them all. LOL Great thread I loved it. I think a good sense of humor goes a long way. You all have done such a good job staying to the point yet keeping it humorous.
I am very happy with all the responses. I had no idea how it would go and I am grateful for all the honesty and humor. I went to sleep thinking about it and woke up thinking about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just to throw in, in my years of playing MMORPG's, I've played both male and female characters and both convincingly so. I don't ever recall being pinned as one or the other in real life. The answer to 'how' is a very, very basic theatre technique. Forget you exist, study the behaviour of your subject, then imitate. I believe married people may have the upper-hand in doing so because they can ask their spouse, "why did you do that?", "why would you say that?", "how did you come to that conclusion?" on a consistent basis should they truly wish to understand. If you can get honest answers from them, it makes it all the easier. On the internet, everyone is the same gender unless you provide a clue otherwise. In real life, we merely need to accept and appreciate our differences and roll with it. Unlike my playing in the MMO's, I believe I've offered one clue here to tell the reader which I am...though on the whole I hope it is found irrelevant to point I'm trying to make.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

No# 1 problem with that is that you aren't being yourself. Why should you try so hard to please anyone?

The answer to the question is below:

Women do like the chase. I think because of a combination of evolution and animal instinct. We do want to be "sought". It makes us feel valued. If you try pretty hard to get us, it looks as if you really like us.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I like men who are not too muscular. Too muscular seems like a fascination with their own bodies. Someone who is sexually oriented only. But that is just my opinion.
Too slender is not attractive to me either. I like a man who knows what he thinks, and will say so, but have enough compassion to understand others as well. I am not attracted to uncaring brutes. In fact I will most likely leave the room.

There is a poll in YM magazine that states this is position is the majority. Don't ask me how I know.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Thank you, but I'm more glad that I have them.

We have a blast but teenage years are around the corner.

I have a question. Why do women insist on a commitment with a wedding band when things are going great?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
I only ask for a single answer to help clear up confusion with women... in fact it goes beyond confusion into the realm of cognitive dissonance / cranial implosion.

E.G.
- Girlfriend does NOT like violence, not even violent movies or violent music. Girlfriend LOVES diamonds. Explained to her that the diamond trade is coated in corruption and blood. Every diamond in the store is potentially the cause of multiple deaths, and even if not - the diamond industry itself fuels wars and genocide on a daily basis.

She understands, but doesn't care. She just wants that damn stone that does nothing but look pretty.

If you can manage to drill that logic into my skull, I may just have a breakthrough.

Actually, a friend of mine insisted that her diamond comes from India for the very reason you'd stated above. But, reflect back for a moment, what's worse - A disregard for violence? Or a love for violence in movies and games?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
why is it just when a man figures out the rules women go and change them again?

Although a man would use the word "control" a woman may use the word "dynamics". For "dynamics" the rule must fit the current situation. As the situation changes, so does the rule.

why is that a towel that is not hung up symetrically drives them crazy?

Domain stabilization. Everything in the house has it's proper place, she knows where it is. Not knowing where it is or being changed is therefore 'incorrect'. Lovingly request a towel symmetry training session, she'll be flattered.

what is it about a toilet seat being up that upsets women so much, if we have to lift it how hard is it to flip it down?

See above. In this case, you're expected to have a regard for those who are not men in the household. Similar to opening the car door or not leaving one sheet of toilet paper on the roll.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

No# 1 problem with that is that you aren't being yourself. Why should you try so hard to please anyone?

The answer to the question is below:

Women do like the chase. I think because of a combination of evolution and animal instinct. We do want to be "sought". It makes us feel valued. If you try pretty hard to get us, it looks as if you really like us.
and there in lies the fine art. Not too much, not too little, and you should look natural when you are doing it. We can usually smell the actor, no matter how good they are.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

I like men who are not too muscular. Too muscular seems like a fascination with their own bodies. Someone who is sexually oriented only. But that is just my opinion.
Too slender is not attractive to me either. I like a man who knows what he thinks, and will say so, but have enough compassion to understand others as well. I am not attracted to uncaring brutes. In fact I will most likely leave the room.

There is a poll in YM magazine that states this is position is the majority. Don't ask me how I know.
I have always considered myself average in almost every way. So far not too many women have argued with what I have to say. Represented in that average is the average man. It doesn't surprise me that it comes out that way.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Thank you, but I'm more glad that I have them.

We have a blast but teenage years are around the corner.

I have a question. Why do women insist on a commitment with a wedding band when things are going great?
Ouch! It's true about the teenage years, especially with the girls.... good luck there.

They want to play house? They want that security. They want to be a "wife". They want your last name. They want to be yours. They want to be able to call you their husband. They want that team. They want the legality of it, the validity of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Love is an investment. All stock is put into it in anticipation that there will be a secure return. The ring symbolizes that secure return. She believes when a man commits, he is certain. Men are seen as less likely to change their minds later.

As a guy, when you're playing poker for three hours and push 'all in' with your chips, will you would you then fold and walk away?

[edit on 30-7-2008 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join