It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aliens; Fallen Angels have not overrun the earth yet - A response to Edgar Mitchell statement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ufosd

Suppose, for the sake of discussion, that the aliens are real and they are not "fallen angels." What if they have created religions to deceive us and enslave us, preventing us from true spiritual freedom? They may pass themselves off as fallen angels to keep christians, muslims, and whatnots set firmly in their beliefs thru fear of "falling into temptations" and displeasing their gods.

What if religions were created to divide humans (divide and conquer)? Any general will see the beauty of this plan. The irony of this is that those aliens are "fallen angels" to us free-thinkers who will try to resist any attempt from any religion to convert us.

Yes, you are right. We will face our own choices. In the end, we all will have to answer for ourselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverPig

Why aliens, fallen angels have not overrun the earth yet?

I can tell you why, it is simple.

It has to do with the fact that our world continues because God allows for us the possibility of disbelief.

The human race is unique in that it is possible for us to fully persuade ourselves that no God exists.

This is not possible for any higher life forms like angles, they can act independently, but they are not capable of believing in themselves that there is no God, when they act they do it in full recognition that a creator exists, because it is not possible for them to do otherwise.

The reason our reality continues is not for the sake of the believer, like religious people who think they are the reason the sun rises would say, but for the sake of disbelief, that is why a believer should be so thankful that there are people who do not believe or have not believed in God yet.

It is the love and mercy of God for the disbeliever that keeps this reality from collapsing.

God has no need or want of anything, if He wanted people to believe and worship Him he could create them from the gravel.

It is for our sake that we would worship and believe God, not His.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
These responses are a really good example of what happens when people do not regard the word of God as authoritative, these are the the people who have been blinded by the god of this world and will be a part of The Strong Delusion, I would venture to say they have never cracked the book, but live on someone Else's views, always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth. "Lord Please open their eyes before it is too late".

And these are the comments from people that would rather put there blind trust into imaginary beings with little proof that they could even exist.
When you mix religious beliefs with the unknown or science all comprehension is lost and only personal views, opinions, and beliefs come into play and they will never match from person to person.

It just burns me to hear people talk of there religious beliefs when responding to these posts, instead of sticking to the topics.

Sorry my two cents worth.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Be careful on what you try to preach about the word of a GOD without knowing it even exists.
Science has proven the non-existence of a higher power or force.
When it comes to Gods or the religions based on them, no one man can claim to know which one is the true one without delving into mankind’s history and finding the facts of were we came from.
History and its many people have claimed in Gods for the most part of our existence, but none really know how they came to be.
Then again we could have all the facts sitting in front of our faces from our forefathers and we would still be blinded by faith and incorrect teachings and never accept it.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by Deaf Alien

What would be the point of it?

i believe the objective would be to take as many souls as he can to hell with him before the second coming of Christ.

from what i have observed ...he is doing just that. what he would gain from this is not clear to me , but i am no expert on this and can only guess that this is what the so called 'aliens' are trying to do.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by easynow]
"what the devil..." Its a good question. Allow scripture to shed some light on the matter, please.

Genesis 3:14

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, cursed art thou above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
the dust that is its food here is a euphemism. Let's stay in genesis and find out exactly what dust is an allegory for.

(Genesis 2:7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

(Genesis 3:19) in the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

(Genesis 13:16) And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

(Genesis 18:27) And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:

(Genesis 28:14) and thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
You, my friend, are food. Still not convinced? Would Paul be able to convince you?

(1 Peter 5:8) Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Originally posted by Incarnated

the Devil is an expert at distorting God's plan so that he can take as many as he can.

You're very wrong you know? The Devil, Satan and the whole evil lot don't believe in God the father. Therefore they assume the "plan" is that those that believe in our father and spread that message are looking to decieve the creatures of time and space. They are sure no experts at anything. They are confused and lost.
You, my fiend, are dead wrong.

(James 2:19) Thou believest that God is one; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and shudder.

(2 Corinthians 11:14) And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light.

much to learn you have...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

When you start presenting hypotheticals any thought is conceivable, that is why people in the know stay within the absolutes of the word of God, the scriptures point out this fact, it Say's the fool has said in his heart there is no God,,,,and so this brings us back to who are you going to believe ET's or God's history he has left us as a means to know who and what we are dealing with?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

Seems to me your anger is focused on the wrong issue, this post started with saying Edgar Mitchell is wrong to suggest there is no danger from these ET's and that is the issue , it is a spiritual issue
Satan vs God.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufosd

that is why people in the know stay within the absolutes of the word of God

So you are saying that muslims, mormons, buddhists, hindus, and many more religious people are wrong? After all, they are "in the know" that they are right, tthat their gods are the only true ones, and that their scriptures are truth.

I can tell you that I am "in the know" that there are actually aliens who have enslaved us and "pulled the wool' over our eyes?

Yes, I do believe that there is a spiritual war, but it IS NOT between Christian God and Satan.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

i believe the objective would be to take as many souls as he can to hell with him before the second coming of Christ.

from what i have observed ...he is doing just that. what he would gain from this is not clear to me , but i am no expert on this and can only guess that this is what the so called 'aliens' are trying to do.

What would they gain? The battle isn't over yet. Jesus may have secured a realm of salvation in Paradise, but he hasn't opened up Heaven (Garden of Eden) yet. We are still blocked from the Tree of Life. Consequently we still serve two masters, and the fallen angels remain the rulers of this world.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by newday

Actually you were close on the gravel statement, it was actually dirt,,,so with your own mouth you agree if God wanted to He could have created, well he did, you would do well to read the bible before getting into this discussion, it has a lot of information that clears our thinking on who we are and what our purpose is.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

I don't know what scientist you quote from , but he in in the minority. Most Scientist are amazed at how much science proves intelligent design.

Its like saying a watched created itself,

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ufosd

Ok, and hand a cell phone or a simple calculator to someone from 50-100 years ago and they would say the same thing.
So imagine what our ancestors thought when they saw things they couldnt explain.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

i believe the objective would be to take as many souls to hell with him before the second coming of Christ.

So they say. My point is, if the gospel is so powerful as the christians say, then no amount of trying to take as many souls to hell will ever work.

Sorry, I'm not explaining well. I hope you understand what I was trying to say. I think this theory of aliens being fallen angels have been debunked by christians' own logic.

Angels have free will. Humans have free will. Adam and Eve created a relationship with evil that was triggered by fallen Lucifer. That connection to evil flows through our blood. It cannot be removed without certain remedies. The power of Christianity is limited to afterlife. Meanwhile, Christians and all descendents of Adam and Eve suffer and are under bondage to evil. As Paul said, Wretched man that I am, who will save me from myself? (paraphrasing)

The spiritual battle continues. The final verdict is yet to be known, as the following passage indicates:

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:11-19

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MREALE
Science has proven the non-existence of a higher power or force.

While I agree with your previous post regarding the mixing of science and religion, this statement is just wrong.

Care to elaborate?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
All i am saying is until the truth of our origins are reveiled to the masses, science, and religion will always be at odds with themselves and people will have blind faith in what they cant see or comprehend.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MREALE
All i am saying is until the truth of our origins are reveiled to the masses, science, and religion will always be at odds with themselves and people will have blind faith in what they cant see or comprehend.

Then science has not, in fact, proven the non-existence of a higher power?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yes they are wrong,,,do yourself a favor read from the New Testament the book of John for a start,,,,do you really believe you are going to escape judgement for what you do in this life,,,,,don't let others do your thinking for you,,, there is to much at stake, actually the bible is pretty strait forward, but you need to read all of it to answer life's complex problems. Just try the book of The Gospel of John first.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufosd
Yes they are wrong,,,do yourself a favor read from the New Testament the book of John for a start,,,,do you really believe you are going to escape judgement for what you do in this life,,,,,don't let others do your thinking for you,,, there is to much at stake, actually the bible is pretty strait forward, but you need to read all of it to answer life's complex problems. Just try the book of The Gospel of John first.

Why are they wrong?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ufosd

I have been a christian for about 25 years. I know what it is all about. The more I studied the bible, the more convinced I am about the reality of extraterrestrial involvement. If you truly studied the bible and the history, you will find that so called fallen angels, gods, goddesses, and UFOs are in fact extraterrestrials.

It is rather presumptuous for you to say that you are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join