It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son is doing something weird.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
he maybe an indigo or crystal child

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am not a Physican, or a Child Expert or anything...

But im going to say that this isnt something to worry about... and your child would probaly grow out of in time...

THE WORST THING YOU COULD DO, is to put the child on medication, which is what a doctor will tell you to do if you go see one...

If you are realy worried, take the child to the doctors... But, for all that is holy, don't put the child on medication.... because thats the first thing the Doc is going to say.. that your child has autism, and needs to be medicated...

So go to the docs if you are realy worried, but remember, he is a business, and his business is not the health of his paitents, but it is to MAKE MONEY... how does he make money, by perscribing medication...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i know how scary a childs behaviour can be at any age (mine is 11 by now!)
but i wouldn.t worry to much and i wouldn.t trust doctors to much, coz they ususally tend to see in an individual behaviour something that should be treated

first i think he seems to be a normal child, he is active and he plays
great
don.t be worried that he doesn.t talk really. that will happen when the time is right
my son was able to walk for 4 months at the furniture, i knew he would be able to walk without help he didn.,t wanted, then one day he did it without any problems and any fall down

is he able to understand and also to duplicate when you talk to him?
like handing you over a toy?
than you know that he is understanding really

since he seems to be very actice i guess he just takes his own down time
to relax, to get rid of the stimulation a kid has to face every day

and don.t forget that between 2 and 3 kids recognize themselves an unique person.
before that time they think that they are a unite with their mom
and kids recognize that they are capable of doing thing and which causes more problems not capable of doing things
which lead to the terrible twos
maybe your son has found a fantastic way to help himself, to manage the feelings of frustration.

would be interested how he proceeds

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hi everyone, thanks for your replys, I appreciate them very much. Since there was a media outburst about a year ago on autism, I had done some research and found that my son did exhibit some of its signs, I had taken him to the doctor and the doctor said that he does not have autism, so thank god for that. I had taken my son to the easter seals program (I'm not sure if you guys have it on the mainland or in other countries but what they do is they evalute the child with different tests and then try and help the child with whatever help they need in), well my son is behind in some categories but in some he is ahead of his age, so i don't think that there is anything to worry about, it's just strange what he is doing and you guys are probably right. He is probably just meditating in his own way. So thanks again.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chinabean

I also believe the same. Since children are born unfiltered they have perception and thoughts that most adults do not. And only until us adults start teaching them what we believe then they become filtered and less aware of from what they were born with.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
Your son's name isn't Plato by chance is it?

I'm no expert in this area, but my parents told me that I did the same thing when I was young. Apparently until I was 4 after I ate dinner I would go to my closet and lay down quietly, but not sleep. I don't remember it, but I'm not scared of the dark so that's a plus! And I think I turned out okay
It is probably just one of those things that some kids do, some kids don't do...I definitely wouldn't worry about it.

Yes his name is Plato, lol, no just joking, it isn't. I'm glad to hear that other kids do the same thing to.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Veritas

Ever since my son was born he has had a hard time sleeping. Till this day he needs the bottle to fall asleep. When he was younger he would always either fall asleep riding in the car, on my chest or with me holding him. My son has no sleep schedule what so ever. He goes to sleep when he wants to and wakes up when he wants to. Sometimes he takes a nap early 12:00 and other tmes at 5:00 and at night he usually falls asleep at 10:30, sometimes he goes to sleep at 12:00. So his sleep patterns are very off.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah, get him checked for autism and developmental problems, at least for the talking bit. The closet thing feels more like psychology to me, though.

Just don't listen to people going "don't trust medicine!" unless you want to put your child's future at risk.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Valorian

I have gone into the room while he was in there and tried to sit next to him but it seems like I am bothering him. When he realizes that I'm there he jumps up and runs off (kind of like he is snapping out of it). And when I get out of the room he runs back into the room and comes out when he wants to.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I will set up the camcorder next time he does this. Since he does this in his tent then I might not be able to get a good angle but I will try. If anything weird happens then I will post on here. It will probably happen in the next couple of days.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I actually think this is quite fascinating. As others members posted, this may be some form of early meditation, in which case is a very good thing!!

I would not fret too much unless his behaviour changes drastically in a negative way. Keep an eye on him but don't project too much fear.

Love.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Regarding the indigo children thing, I'm prettty sure that my son will or does have some kind of psychic abilities. Since I have some and his father has said that his family does I'm pretty sure that he will. To me he is showing "something" in that manner, he will point into the dark or into a room where no one is and he will start talking (saying things in his own way) or stare, so i think that he is seeing things. My dad who does not believe in this kind of things also thinks that he is seeing things. And when I am going somewhere into the house or outside he will kind of scream in terror to avoid me going into the place, I will walk into another room and then go back to that same place where I was going to go and he will start to scream in terror, like he is trying to protect me from something. I know that all parents think that their children are "special", but for some reason I know that my son is "special" and that he has other abilities that other kids do not.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

I meant to say that my son does talk (he says about 30 words) but he can't carry a conversation or put two or more words together. So even though he does talk I have a hard time carrying a conversation with him and at this point I can't ask him about this.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiigurl
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

My son is 2 years and 2 months old. He doesn't talk so there isn't a way where I can communicate with him on this. Usually, most kids are afraid of the dark, but my son isn't. We have a bedroom that is his playroom. He usually doesn't do this in the day but at night time, when it is dark, with no lights, he will either go into the closet or in his tent and just stand or sit there, for up to 30 mins. He is usually very active so it is unusual that he will sit still for so long. A lot of the times I have snuck up on him to see if he is playing or talking (making noises) with himself or his imaginary friend. But he doesn't he just sits there. I don't think that he is trying to play hide and seek because when he does he will go under the sheet or hide under his blanket and then uncover himself and then say "boo". Anyone know why he is doing this.

I'm not trying to say you have anything to worry about but, alot of times paranormal creatures talk to children and the parents don't see them till late.
PLEASE don't worry just take everything into consideration.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
how about giving him paper and crayons and having him draw what he sees?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiigurl
My son is 2 years and 2 months old. He doesn't talk so there isn't a way where I can communicate with him on this.

I bet there is a way!

Infants can learn to communicate via sign language, a 2 year old can easily tell you what they feel, or how they view things.....

What I would do is learn some basic communication skills with toddler sign language. This way you would get an idea of how your child feels.

Another way I would approach this is with pictures....

Do a Google image search for images relating to you situation...

If your son is visiting a ghost, then show pictures of ghosts, if you think its something else, then show him pictures of random things until something clicks or you make a connection with him going into the closet and a certain image he points to..

Just a couple of thoughts....

Good luck

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Could he possibly have autism? The reason I mention autism is that my cousin has an autistic child and he is 3 and does not talk. He also does some "weird things". His favorite room is the kitchen and he periodically goes into the kitchen and spins around in a circle. Also, my son has been diagnosed with "sever speech disability" and we do speech therapy 3x a week to help him... anyway, I know several kids who have therapy at the same time as my son and they do not speak either or speak only a few words. I know its scary, but you might want to just have a speech evaluation with a speech therapist or a speech pathologist. Someone suggested we do that because they "thought" my son had a problem. I personally did not know he had a problem, but the evaluation was the best thing we ever did for him! Now he is getting the help he needs.... and it is helping =)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You did not say what kind of environment your home is when he is out and about.

It sounds like he may be overwhelmed by the busyness of the environment. Maybe he needs a quieter less active environment. Switch off the TV for instance. Put fewer toys out at a time, that sort of thing.

It's good that he is developing coping skills, think of it that way. If he seems happy, then he is happy. That is what counts. The hardest part is learning to give the little ones space to be themselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
for me its sounds like a kind of sleepwalking
when i was a child i walked downstairs and sit down in a tea wagon...

i think theres nothing to worry...

only problem with sleepwalking is...allways make sure to clean up the "walking" ways...so he cant fall

[edit on 29-7-2008 by angrydog]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Maybe it's just the closest thing he can find to what it was like in the womb..

And he goes into that same trance-like state we all must be in most of the time (sans kicking) when we're floating in the embryonic fluid of that pre-birth nirvana.

-

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join