It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son is doing something weird.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kennedysmith

He does "draw" a lot but his drawing is just scribble scrabble, circles or lines. I haven't let him draw while he is hiding out but I will give him the opportunity to next time.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I took him to the doctor, and no, he does not have autism. My son is a later bloomer and is behind in a couple areas like speech. He is going to a program called the easter seals program where they help with those kind of things.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
ideally, your son should be putting 2 words together by age 2. like "want milk". "love mommy", etc. regardless if he's psychic or sensitive to the paranormal as some posters suggest. at a minimum, take him to see a speech language pathologist asap! good luck.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiigurl
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I took him to the doctor, and no, he does not have autism. My son is a later bloomer and is behind in a couple areas like speech. He is going to a program called the easter seals program where they help with those kind of things.

maybe he is ALSO an early bloomer with more things than we can guess at now.

maybe instead of seeing the glass half empty, it could be ... overflowing..

-

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
he probably discovered the 'meditation' function of the mind. Some of my earliest memories are of staring into darkness in order to let the images begin to play before my eyes. Who knows, Im sure he is ok, and by the way my cousins son did not start talking till late 2's, they said he might be autistic but ended up not so.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Quite an interesting story!

I have no reason for thinking this, other than a gut feeling... But, you might be lucky and have an old soul for a child! He might have some more things figured out about life. It already sounds like he's intelligent.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiigurl

In reading this thread a number of questions entered my head that I would have asked in a series...leading questions of family background, blood type, personal and spiritual belief systems, psychological beliefs, medical "trend" opinions, etc.

You answered quite a few of them on the third page before I had the chance to ask them. From your screen name I will go out on a limb and say that you may have some native Hawaiian in your or your child's background, that you have some family members on both sides that either are or simply are not what some may call parapsycholocially enhanced.

To the readers that understand where I am coming from, those comments may some sense. Other may read and think I am off my nut a bit. So I will explain a bit. In my research in trying to understand things of this nature I have found that there is increased predisposition in those of Native American backgrounds, that seems to be a somewhat recessive trait in families and that the extensive range of abilities vary to the individual but the common thread of those that have and have not is prophetic dreams or visions (or whatever the person may describe them as).

My interest in this is of course personal as I have some Cherokee and this runs on both sides of my family but was more noticed on my mother's side since there was a larger base (she is one of eight children and it ran on both her mother's and father's side). Yes, I do experience visions and other things.

My oldest nephew was diagnosed as mildly Autistic/developmentally disabled for speech and is undergoing speech therapy to correct it and to bring him out of his shell a bit. Living 5 hours away I don’t get to spend as much time with him as I would like but when I first met him, my sister and brother-in-law came down to Grandma’s when he was a few months old comments were made about how he “knew” I was his uncle because he was fussy around all the other “strangers”. The reality was, I was the only “stranger” in the house that he could talk with and after being explained to about who all these other people were he wasn’t quite so fussy about being held. Unfortunately since he can communicate ideas with my Mom (who is his babysitter) with minimal spoken words, his vocabulary became rather limited to clarifying words.

As for your son enjoying solitude and being comfortable in the dark. Not a lot to be worried about there. But I do recommend gradually forcing him to express thoughts and communication by increasing his spoken vocabulary by acting like you are unsure exactly what he is wanting. Otherwise he will try to be efficient by using “cookie” to mean anything from crackers to chips or even cookies for a snack and “juice” for water, milk or what have you. Yeah, expect him to throw a fit because he just might know that you are faking it or because you are not playing the guessing game of what “juice, please” means this time.

Of course children have an ungodly memory when they want to have one and your little torture sessions of expanded vocabulary will one day make you long for the days of peace and quiet when you have had to answer the 50th question in the past hour because I think they secretly make a blood oath to get you back for it that way.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hey there OP.

It sounds a bit different that is for sure. Have to tried just sitting beside him and see what the fuss is about. As someone else posted,kids are very open minded and can see much more than we can. Im speaking with one of my own babies in mind. Shes only 5months old but she will alot of times be smiling and laughing but looking over my shoulder then after a 20-30secs her eyes will come back to mine,but very odd.

Not that I'm knocking it cause I would'nt mind being like that myself, being able to see the world in full Technicolour as it were,but i would need to understand from her point of view.As there is no way in hell of me being able to get anything from her for some years yet i have to go about it myself. Im talking about karma,treating as many people with kindness and respect etc etc. But Im rambling on and on and on .......zzzzzz OH Yeah!.

Yes, try sitting with him just in silence untill he wants to tell you something and you could use it as a type of bonding and maybe it will open your eyes to something else. I also know that you get alot of answers sitting in the dark with nothing but your thoughts. Some kids bang there heads off the headboard untill they fall asleep.

Anyways, keep us updated and best of luck.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

When I was two, I had floor to ceiling mirrors on my sliding closet doors. I used to sit in front of them for hours, just staring at it. Oddly enough, I actually have memories of this.

My mother eventually began to feel that this was a bad situation for me, as any concerned mother likely would. So she took the mirrors off. I was devastated for a while. But 24 years later, I would find myself once again staring for long hours, but this time it was at a computer monitor.

That last bad attempt at humor aside, I was also epileptic as a child.

I'm not sure if I was simply comforted by the mirror, something mystical was going on, or I was somehow "zoning" out due to the epilepsy. But I really enjoyed it.

Thats all I can offer.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Thanks for the reply. Someone else had U2U'd me about epilepsy so I am going to check into this.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I did some research and he is showing some signs of an absence seizure (stares blankly). My son goes to the doctor next week so I will talk to the doctor about this. If this is happening to him, how would he know that he is having one and if he didn't why would he go into his hideout spot before this happens.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

hi, i've read this post...its sounds really weird..and he did'nt make any noise at all?...ok, my son done that to when he was little..and he was not scared about the dark...but he did'nt sit in the dark for 30 min. just a few min then he start playing again and talking...maybe its because of his ADHS...that he just sit still for a few min. and do nothing. but if your son do this for long,...mhh..i dont know...

[edit on 30-7-2008 by secret-dreams]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Get. Him. Checked.

By someone more qualified than some dude sitting behind a computer screen.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
yeah it might be the best what she can do...go for a check with this kid

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

maybe you could help him to develop a sleep pattern
i am also a friend of "let the kid decide" but kids also love kind of rules
gives them hold and shelter like a cocoon

when my son was at that age i wouldn.t allow him to sleep after 4 in the afternoon otherwise he wouldn.t have been able to go to bed in the evening by 9pm
he also was and still is one of the kind who don.t need much sleep - when babies slept 16 to 20 hours a day, my son slept 15
and so on

just try it -patient but it also helps you!
i don.t see any harm in having a bottle in the evening
my son had one with soymilk since he was 6 and he told his friends: "you should try it as well it is sooooo relaxing"

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by secret-dreams

He won't always do it for 30 mins, sometimes 5 somtimes 20 but once he did it up to 30.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

mhh did you talk with the children's doctor? maybe he can answer or find an answer...i know in my case....i go to the doc for everthing it seems weird what my son did this time...and they found out about the ADHS...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
OP, I think it's excellent that your son is comfortable in the dark. It seems like a positive thing to me. 99% of us feel apprehensive or scared when in the dark alone and I can't help wondering what kind of insight and inner-strength we're missing out on by fearing something that's as natural as daylight, if not more so. Everything is dark until illuminated.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
In response to one of the last posters, who said that everything is brighter in the dark (paraphrase), I completely agree.

Many people in the past have said that we are more aware in the dark. This is the time in which our inner senses can prosper, and where meditation is most easily achieved.

After your story, people were quick to say "This is nothing paranormal". I'm not quick to jump to that conclusion. What if it is something paranormal? It seems as if it not affecting him adversely, as he doesn't seem afraid. Maybe he is observing something in the dark, which he likes to look at.

I'm also not quick to jump to the conclusion that you need to take him to a doctor. So far, he hasn't had any adverse reactions to his behaviors. He is not acting psychotic, angry, or afraid. You could take him to the doctor, and the doctor could misdiagnose him (because we don't really know the situation), and your child could be on harmful medications the rest of his life.

I just don't see the point in going to the doctor, if there is obviously nothing wrong, yet. Maybe this is just something you can mention to the doctor during your next checkup, in private.

What would scare me, is a diagnosis for autism, when that might not be the case at all! The numbers of wrong diagnosis for this and other problems like ADHD are amazing. Its almost as if those are the doctor's default diagnosis these days.

Hopefully, he will be able to speak soon, and that will give you much more information. Especially if he starts talking to someone while he's sitting in the dark. From other stories, I wouldn't be surprised if he describes your grandfather to you in a few years.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yea, I wouldn't be too quick to follow any doctor's advice for your kid in this situation. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. He's just sitting in the darkness, I don't see much cause for concern.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join