It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Abstain In 2008: The Second American Revolution

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

hows "i quit in 2008" sound?
now go make some posters for us and lets get this revolution started!
you can use crayons if you want...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Look, burying your head in the sand won't make our country better. Unless you are going to run yourself, choosing to "not vote' isn't making a decision, it's burying you head in the sand, nothing more. If you do not vote, plenty of folks still will. Someone will be our next President. At least make a stand, grab your proverbial nads, and make a "best choice."

You do not prove anything by not voting, other than you give up.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I see no reason to vote for either candidate.

How does one go toward voting for a "Vote of no Confidence"? Would it even do more good than not voting?

Basically what I'm asking is "If I don't want to vote for any candidate, what are my options at the ballot box?"

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
Of course, since something like 50-60% of the American voting population never votes, this really doesn't make any sort of astounding statement. And the obvious side effect is that abstaining magnifies the impact of those who do vote.

No doubt! If you don't like Obama....

I'm hoping you don't vote. And I applaud anyone on this forum who is anti-obama and anti-vote at the same time.

If you are pro-Obama, well then I hope you are pro-vote as well, because I DO vote, and am hoping to have a vast amount of voters who will magnify my vote.

w00t! 2008

I wasn't planning on voting at all this year either, but I think I will vote for McCain just to spite your crazy liberals

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The Great Experiment is over. Its in its death throes. Most Americans care more about their 100 inch televisions, how many bars are on their cell phone, and what celebrity has the most wrinkles on their butt more than whats really going on in the world, in their country, in their own communities. Many of the people I work with are roughly around 18-22 and many can barely read and write. They can tell you more about any certain rapper than they can tell you about literally anything else. I don't talk at work anymore. When I talk about whats going on in the world I get dead cow eye stares and then people start walking away. How I feel is how the first primate that fell out of the trees must felt when it discovered their was more to life than hanging around in the tree branches and tried to coax its buddies down and only got blank stares.

Look at our government. A president allowed to run rampant, and nothing is done. A congress that only cares about how much they can get from lobbiest and corporations. A judiciary system that allows the fundamental laws of this nation to be broken at will and stands by doing nothing and then passes and enforces laws that are, maybe in a very vague way, against the freedoms of the people of this nation. The problem with revolution is that the enemy is everywhere. Everywhere. We would have to "cleanse" all the elitists of this nation...every last one of them. If you leave one or two we will never be free of them. Remeber the Romanovs? Probably not if you went to school in the US.

As for a revolution actually happening, don't count on it. Small uprisings and maybe even a state or two might make the call for revolution and ask for volunteers from all over, but I doubt it will go much further than that. Even if that does happen, you cant trust them. The CIA/FBI/Federal government hae been dismantling organisations in the US for the last 80 years at least. Even if poo and fan meet. It wont be Patriots versus Federalists. It will Patriots fighting Federalists fighting Mexico fighting Canada fighting Neo Nazis fighting Anarchists fighting Communists, fighting corporation hired solders and any other group in/near America that would love to be on top even for a short time. Even nations in the E.U. might send some troop "over here" to help out our government for a change.

I Abstaine? Good Luck with that.

I love how you people still think that casting votes works in some way. That by voting youll somehow turn it around. Even though almost everyone that is put on stage was put their by people in power. They hand you Obama and Clinton and say "there you go, choose." Then you cast your vote thinking "Ive made a difference." But when you stand back, both of their goals are the same. Their vision is not my vision and most likely not yours either, even though they make you think it is. Of course now its Obama and McCain. One is related to Bush and the other votes exactly the way Bush would like him to. Wonderful.

The Great Experiment is over and it will die without a sound in the mesh of 24/7 news anchors spouting fear, mind numbing bland reality TV shows, and the never ending chant of the people who run this nation telling us that "everything is going to be ok."

There is a saying "Love it or leave it." This quote used to bother me because I do love this nation and want to see it as it was meant to be. But, now I realise I am one of few and maybe it is I who should make my departure.

I'm accepting donations for my voluntary deportation. Seriously, I am. Been trying to get a site up and going for that purpose.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by emptee]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A call to balderdash is more like it.

This stuff is what drops out of the south end of a north bound moose. It is the rantings of the ignorant, of the ones that simply can't make it in any modern society. They have much in common with all of the other radicals, including the Islamic radicals, in that they blame everyone else for their failure in life.

You see a conspiracy against you everywhere. That's because YOU ARE PARANOID. You are nuttier than a nut roll. Two bricks shy of a load. Dumb as rock and stupid to boot.

You want to live free? Go buy a few hundred acres in the woods, and live as free as you want. But no guns, no TV, no cars, etc. Live like those old patriots did, and make your own from scratch. Wrest you living from the ground. Then you'll be free. And too damn busy living to worry about anything else.

The ONLY reason you can spread your crap, is because a whole lot of people worked very hard to bring you cheap computers, etc.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Abstaining won't work.

Creating a 3rd Party can work. In 1860, the Republican Party was a 3rd Party.

I didn't spend 23 years in service of my county to even consider not voting.

I will vote for a candidate "that doesn't have a chance", or right my own name in rather than not voting.

Writing in your own name is a far more effective means of protesting than staying home. It is clearly saying "None of the above!" It also reminds whoever wins, that you do vote and did not vote for him or her.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by CharlesMartel]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is pure stupidity, and fueled by racist bigotry. If you don't vote for Obama, you're going to get McCrap. Period. Fact. End of argument. If you're such a racist bigot that you'd rather be ruled by Insane McNutjob, then just go enlist already and get blown away and leave the air for the rest of us.

Ron Paul? Give me a freaking break. That psycho went the alien-abduction route decades ago.

We have exactly one chance to crawl out from under the tyranny and disaster of the bushdick years, and that's Obama, whether you like it or not. If you don't vote for Obama, if you "abstain" or cast a "protest vote," then you're doing exactly what Herr Karl Goebbels Rove has planned all along.

Everybody who agrees with this idiotic garbage is either a psychotic moron, a racist bigot, or working for McLiar._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
thats a good point about writing your name in ,but in a system that uses E vote machines, and a judge that intervenes in a close race and stops the counting?

there is no hope, but 3 rd party like you said at least allows you the dignity to pretend that it does.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by emptee

I can see it like you ,the decay is setting in at a very rapid pace.
this is because they have been holding it back for so long

when people are told at work they can no longer take Thanks giving off and must now take a Muslim Holiday now instead .
its the limit
when they are working for a measly 8 bucks an hour you would think they would of added that extra Muslim holiday without replacing an American tradition.
I feel like its rushing head long into the unknown ,everything is wrong.

like that Bob dylan song goes
Broken lines Brokenstrings
broken threads broken springs
Broken idols Broken heads
people sleeping in broken beds
aint no use jiving aint no use joking
everything is broken
broken plates brokenswitches
broken gates broken dishes
broken parts streets filled
with broken hearts
broken words never meant to be spoken
everything is broken.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Martin and I had a chance to discuss this thread with Beverly Harris, in AP Show #27. No matter what your opinion happens to be, this is a good discussion to be having. In my opinion, dissent matters.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join