It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News! Disclosure! Edgar Mitchell! Yesterday!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

NO! Simply because a former official that poses on our side shouldn't get star status. It is ignorant and blind! I don't care what he has done or achieved, but outrageous claims calls for outrageous proof.
If what he says is true it will stand against any "true" test of authenticity.

I'm amazed that the project of discloure was lead to live so long on pure faith. It's embarresing!

Reason
Science
Deduction

Use it! Don't just jump at every single piece of scrap info they are giving us. We are still fighting an invisible enemy and we can't even be sure Mitchell is not one of them.
Fight fight fight... they will lose!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

When you take every shred of evidence and flush it down the toilet in an effort to discredit everything, there is no win-win scenario. It''s just loose loose either way.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Lets look at it this way - my point is this, do the major astronauts of our time say nothing or do they release the information in a calculated fashion decades after the incident - they are no longer privy to modern aeronautics! Why continue to lie? Why not retire peacefully?

The video's above are a simple example of what occurred during flight - no ''crap - there's a space ship up here, what do I do''? transmission.

I never believed in any other Worldly issues prior to joining ATS - however, I feel that through Astronaut sighings and NASA footage, I am more open to the ''possibility'' of ET existence and visitation.

Thus, the information provided is a snippet only, not an ends to a means.

Disclosure will not come from these guys - maybe they are part of the desensitising process!!

My thoughts,

Breifne

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have to admit that Mr. Mitchell could be an unwitting disinformation agent. He believes what he has been told by people he has every reason to believe are in the know and would have no reason to lie.
Except I can't see the benefit in it.
Personally I feel everything Mr. Mitchell has said regarding the issue has a ring of truth to it. Perhaps he sees himself getting along in years and wants to make sure what he knows doesn't die with him.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
hey dont get me wrong. i am not anti-ufo in anyway. i just do not think that this old man carries much credibility when you hear his story. and unless someone can explain how his job and friends make his story about hearsay any more credible.
hearsay is hearsay no matter who heard it.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

for those of us who have studied extensively the history of ufology and our government it just seems to be a logical progression.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
reply to post by re22666

for those of us who have studied extensively the history of ufology and our government it just seems to be a logical progression.

i appreciate that you can assume to know what i have or have not studied but other than that...
just how long has this progression been happening?
the world is really ending too, someday.

and just what is this progression? an old man on the phone discussing things that he says he was told a long time ago by people he cannot name. no evidence of any kind. not even a first hand claim. just an old man and his second hand experience.
that is progression? toward what? i am not trying to be argumentative. i do not know why you have to start with the arrogance of what you have studied and that you are different than i. what i do know is that i asked what his job and contacts do to make him any more credible than anyone else. if you dont want to answer that, please dont respond just to fight. that is getting so old here.

[edit on 7/26/2008 by re22666]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This means nothing. Dr. Mitchell can jump up and down all day claiming that the government is hiding the truth and that he knows people who have seen the damn things, but that won't get us anywhere. That is unless others follow in his footsteps and pressure the government into submission. *wishful thinking*

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have no idea how any one can doubt what these astronauts are saying. It's not hearsay when someone that would know about for example Roswell decides to tell you about it. It's not hearsay if the goverment announces something. What this guy is trying to tell us is that it has been announced to him by someone that might as well be the president to us. It's not hearsay, he was told specifically that this is true and that it is happening by someone that would know like for example the pentagon. If you read the transcript on Discovery he explains himself clearly. If my family has a secret and I tell someone about it it's not hearsay, I told them.... well some people decided to tell him and he went to the pentagon and they confirmed. Now we need to petition the goverment to disclose the information to us because with these alien's technology and knowledge we really can overthrow the parasites that rule us.... maybe that is why they want to keep it secret and we need to tell them to go screw. We need these aliens, look at the wars and the injustice, it would all end if only we can get rid of the goverment involvement with these beings...get it? the goverment is inept, would you want to discuss things with a bunch of sociopaths? No. So we get rid of the sociopaths and then we can comunicate with them about how to solve our problems and how to get rid of these parasites that control us and fly planes in our buildings and then blame a bunch of cave lovers.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
hopefully this is a test of things for response and mitchell will reveal more of something in the near future

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbles75

yes exactly. all the presidents, kings, prime ministers, dictators, etc. are all under the control of a handful of very powerful business men whose wealth is ultimately founded in oil. they have too much at stake to let free energy technology be made available to the citizens of the world. And I think that's whats ultimately at stake here. the release of free energy technology.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by bubbles75

yes exactly. all the presidents, kings, prime ministers, dictators, etc. are all under the control of a handful of very powerful business men whose wealth is ultimately founded in oil. they have too much at stake to let free energy technology be made available to the citizens of the world. And I think that's whats ultimately at stake here. the release of free energy technology.
For the elite to hold power over others, they need the masses to have dependency on the system. If people had a way to generate there own power off the grid they would be free. People generating there own power growing there own food actually owning there own land, people then brake off and form there own townships

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIntoIt

yes I think this may very well be a test of our reactions. That may be why they chose an older, well respected gentleman with a calm reasonable demeanor to speak about it. And yes I'm sure more information is forth coming. this is only the beginning!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbles75
I have no idea how any one can doubt what these astronauts are saying. It's not hearsay when someone that would know about for example Roswell decides to tell you about it. It's not hearsay if the goverment announces something.

it IS hearsay when the guy you are talking about is saying that someone told him about roswell. he saw nothing, he was privy to nothing. he said, someone told him about it. and when did the government anounce anything? last i checked, a retired astronaut telling a tale of something he was told was not a the same as government disclosure.

that is what hearsay is.

[edit on 7/26/2008 by re22666]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
so let me get this straight

the government lies, obfuscates, misleads, controls, needs us to be mindless slaves.....

but oh no, did ya hear, the government confirmed to edgar there are aliens so it must be true.

hmmmm ok.

and again, what is it about hearsay we are not getting here. he says he never saw anything. that makes it all hearsay. if you dont believe me, please look up hearsay.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

well no one's on trial here and this is my thread and I say heresay is admissable.
Ms Smartypants has spoken!

[edit on 26-7-2008 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
BOTTOM LINE......

WE ARE NOT ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE

You can debate opinions and small meaningless facts, but look up at the sky sometime.....the answers to all our questions are up there, yet we don't have access to it. VERY INTERESTING.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by re22666

well no one's on trial here and this is my thread and I say heresay is admissable.
Ms Smartypants has spoken!

[edit on 26-7-2008 by MsSmartypants]

lol well that is just fine then. just saw the posts claiming it wasnt hearsay and could not NOT weigh in. im that kind of jerk. but if you admit it and then admit it. thats good enough for me.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

hey you're pretty nice!
not a one line post by the way

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
does anyone have links to the france, brazil, belgium, etc governments admitting ufos are real? i just youtube's edgar's full interview with karrang and noticed he said that and i have heard nothing =(

googled and didnt get past ufo sites, was looking for a news source?

also, seeing edgar on larry king as well as listening to the fox news and karrang interviews it seems he chooses his words. he hasnt seen any first hand encounters, but said he "has served on committees" so he would've seen a paper trail and who knows what. hopefully, after some time he will shed some light, if not, then i'd agree this was near pointless.

and that bit at the end of the fox interview "and by the way this has nothing to do with NASA" was awkward. the timing of it and randomly saying it before the reporters went to the next topic, anybody else find that odd?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I tried to post on youtube but they delete my postings quite a bit

my friend Lauren zimmerman is friendly with 17 different species. She has been trying to put her books out but she is being blocked. go to www.laurenzimmerman.com & you will get to her myspace.

I believe the story came out due to what is happening in our world right now. ck out alex jones site /prison planet /infowars or david icke They have the answers.

The aliens could of killed us all 200 thousand plus years ago if they wanted to. They were trained by certain people here to be mean. They are not all mean. Please ck out the sites so you can pass the word on

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join