It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News! Disclosure! Edgar Mitchell! Yesterday!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
And Fox News treats the subject with respect and seems to understand the importance of this. Thank you Fox news for your part in this important event in Mankind's history.

Here's the link

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-7-2008 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Can you post a new or different link?

I tried going to the link you provided and it came up in a search engine...

Thanks

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
sorry here it is

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

yeah but even he says he has never had an experience and went on here say from the ole timers

not exact disclosure but the way these reports have been coming forward, maybe something is coming up

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
and today on MSNBC

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

What a bunch of pencil-necked geeks. I think they are more interested in making him look dumb than actually hearing what he has to say.

I always tended to be a fan of Fox news, being of a conservative bent, but this is ridiculous and embarrassing.

I am not implying that the gov't is trying to get Fox to make him look dumb, but it's almost as if they have some sort of agenda.

Hopefully this story won't die. Hopefully Ed Mitchell won't be chalked up as the latest UFO joke.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wow. After viewing the videos, I really do not feel like FOX was unbiased or fair in any regard. They did not respect doctor Mitchell, one of the hosts even said many people do not find what he was saying credible. That is absurd, this man is highly respected and extremely credible.

I am saddened at how Dr. Mitchell is being forced to speak on many different media outlets to "clarify" his story. Obviously it seems that NASA and people in the government are upset with him saying these things. I would suspect he is under a lot of pressure now. At the same time, I am glad people are becoming more aware of this reality...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
as Steven Bassett of the Paradigm Research Group says there is an embargo on UFO news. You have to read between the lines. It is indeed big that this was addressed in more than just a dismissive 5 second sound bite.

I felt it was significant when the lady on Fox(sorry I don't know your name) said that this was bigger than a little water on Mars.

Edgar Mitchell then responded succinctly, "Of course."

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

no way!!! fox news has an agenda??????? just look at Bill O'riely fox is all about their own agenda.. what a bunch of Bush, Chaney, yahoo's

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I wish Colonel Gordon Cooper was still with us. He actually witnessed a craft and saw a film of one landing that the government confiscated.
Dr Mitchell seems to be treated like the only former NASA personnel to believe in ETs.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
well I'm sure every large institution has an agenda and I would imagine FOX does, but I feel that its more likely that they are being used as the next logical progression up the media ladder to gradual disclosure. Some people view FOX as sort of 'entertainment news'....a step below 'real' news.

Baby steps, yall... baby steps.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
And here goes Edgar again... this time he is featured in CNN's Situation Room:

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Did everyone hear his last statement on the FOX interview?

He said, "One more thing, this has nothing to do with NASA."

It's obvious that NASA officials have put pressure on him to clarify. To throw a disclaimer out, if you will. Why? Because if he doesn't throw out that disclaimer, it makes this seem to the average layman like the entire UFO cover-up is being orchestrated by NASA. Which is not entirely the case, since this is considered a military issue. NASA officials don't want their heads on the chopping block if full disclosure takes place, instead it wants to pass the buck to other agencies. Even though 100% of the blame cannot be attributed to NASA, for the cover-up, they certainly cannot lay blame completely on other agencies. Regardless NASA has been complicit in the lying and should not be left off the hook. Simply put, since NASA from the onset has claimed to be a public space agency and since it further claims in their own self-described mission statement to "pioneer the future in space exploration, scientific discovery, and aeronautics research." Then they are equally as guilty as any other agency, in directly withholding information about "SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY". What else could be as big in terms of scientific discovery then the existence of extraterrestrial lifeforms?

Nope, sorry NASA, no buck passing for you! You cannot escape your role in the lies!!

So, for all the pressure that you put on Dr. Mitchell, to tell everyone "This has nothing to do with NASA". The fact of the matter is, that "THIS HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH NASA, AND THE REST OF YOUR ACCOMPLICES IN DECEIVING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There has been way too much activity on the subject for at least a little something coming out. Look at larry king, prime example, all his shows have been on lately is the subject of E.T.s

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
^^^ agreed, does anyone know why edgar mitchell decided to announce this now? seems kind of awkward and no real reason to do so. I keep seeing it on CNN headline news and they seem to be making him into a whacko, especially about the "esp experiments" he did while in space

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I really never understood what is so funny about other lifeforms in the Universe. I always see these news people smirking and laughing, but for what? I can't really find any aspect of ET's that would make me laugh.

Even regular "sheep" are always laughing and joking about it, but yet, it isn't even really a joking matter. It's just normal, it's life. There are probably civilizations scattered all throughout this Universe, but what is funny about that? I don't get it... people must be hopelessly conditioned and manipulated.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
just read that Edgar Mitchell was a consultant to the X-Files show.

Could this be promotion for the movie?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LookingIntoIt
just read that Edgar Mitchell was a consultant to the X-Files show.

Could this be promotion for the movie?

Hmm, so if a scientist who studies bats releases an article or documentary about bats around the same time that The Dark Knight is in the theaters it automatically means he is virally advertising for the movie?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i was more trusting before i saw this interview. i mean i know it is FAUX NEWS and all but still, his story just seemed weak anyway this telling. no names, no actual sightings, and tying it to locals and ranchers as witnesses. that just kind of i dunno...doesnt do much for me. dont get me wrong, i would love nothing more than this to be a buildup to disclosure but doesnt the MSM go through these little waves of popular sci-fi at the moment stuff. i mean havent there already been times when the MSM was suddenly reporting this stuff everywhere, just like a time for ghosts, and bigfoot. are we just in another cycle? the x-files movie thing really does kind of stand out at you a little. i guess im just dissappointed this wasnt more of a solid 'disclosure' and just another thing we can all kick around until we decide to just shut up and go away with our minds not changed a bit.

and this is far from a scientist releasing a paper. this is a man in his twilight years who has had a life full of attention. now, maybe he is bored, lonely, maybe hollywood corrupted him and he just cant stand no spot-light.
a scientist releasing a paper on bats, i would hope, would have more info than, some other people i wont name, said there was stuff. im not sure what stuff, or what the stuff would look like, but some people i cant name saw it. oh and yeah, it all ties into that roswell thing too that is also still just a myth and i cannot really back that up because it was, again, other people. id seriously question his batscientist batcredentials if that was in his batpaper.

[edit on 7/26/2008 by re22666]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well he says in the Fox interview, he had it confirmed by an intelligence officer at the Pentagon. I don't blame him for not disclosing this person's name.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join