It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Questions U.F.O. skeptics can't answer

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

You don't have to be a puppeteer to know that it is a puppet. It has no fluid movemment that you think a livingh creature would have. It moves in jerky movements that you see in movies with a low budget to create special effects. Also why is the room all dark and the only light is focused on the alien head. Why only the head...and why not the body....why is it only the head. This is the main problem I have with this footage. The most important "discovery" of our lifetime...but yet the governement only decided the head was important.why not have the enitre room lit up...so that in case of emergency....like the supposed choking incident....the emergency workers would not have to work in total darkness. I have never heard of an emergency situation where the lights were not automatically lit up so that the ER crew could do thier best to help the individual. Does this sound like a competent government...military...organization to you. NO!... it sounds more like a hoaxer who knew if you turned the lights on when the "alien" need help you would then see it animatronic gear or puppeteer in the fully lit room.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRunRichard

And in my opinion the ET's are here to closely observe us,

Opinion is not proof, which is what helps to fuel the skeptic debate. Proof is what is need not assumptions and opinions. Many skeptics do not deny the existance of aliens, however some of them are looking for proof of such things.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage

And in my opinion the ET's are here to closely observe us,

Opinion is not proof, which is what helps to fuel the skeptic debate. Proof is what is need not assumptions and opinions. Many skeptics do not deny the existance of aliens, however some of them are looking for proof of such things.

That's a convenient answer, PROOF! I don't think you have common sense to figure out what the aliens, or anything for that matter, are up to as far as you are concerned. As a skeptic you will railroad ANYTHING as a hoaxes and fakes in the name of proof. I'll say this again, since some evidences are missing you will have to make do with whatever is available. To theorize on something plausible like my opinion above is an intelligent thing to do. To be a skeptic and be satisfied that the alien phenomenon will never be solved, as in your case, is the way an ignorant person would do. Theorizing, suspecting, opinionizing, etc. with the evidence at hand are what law enforcement people do to arrive at a conclusion in identifying a perpetrator or a suspect. By the way, that was only an opinion, but a plausible one for sure. You can take it or leave it but don't be such an annoyance who only knows how to type "proof" in here. That is my opinion and that's what I believe in regardless of what you say. Like I said, if a skeptic does not believe in alien visitation NOTHING can convince him the aliens are actually here. Go back to your own little skeptic forum box.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

A skeptic is someone who feels there is not enough evidence to come up with aliens as a cause for such events. It is like the bible....a lot of stories about someone named jesus...does that make it proof. It must because there are still stories to this day that tell us of people who say they have seen jesus. Do you discount those stories.....you cannot because by your logic it must be fact.
An intelligent person needs proof to come to intelligent conclusion. Science needs these before anyone comes any logical conclusions. Someone with no proof is just reaching when it comes to this stories. Yes proof is a big factor, just because we do not folllow along like little sheep who have jumped on the latest craze concerning the paranormal does not mean we do not look at these things witrh closed minds. The ones who are unwilling to to give other theories a shot and have made up thier mind of what it is are the close minded.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099

A skeptic is someone who feels there is not enough evidence to come up with aliens as a cause for such events. It is like the bible....a lot of stories about someone named jesus...does that make it proof. It must because there are still stories to this day that tell us of people who say they have seen jesus. Do you discount those stories.....you cannot because by your logic it must be fact.

Jesus was only one of the prophets in his time. He died a long time ago. Therefore when somebody or some people say they've seen him that is a lie. The alien phenomenon is different. It is constantly happening everyday. Most or some radar contacts are due to alien contacts. Your post above is just an example of sweeping generalizations and is also a flawed logic. A skeptic does not feel there is not enough evidence to support a phenomenon. The skeptic instead REJECTS anything concerning aliens.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRunRichard
Therefore when somebody or some people say they've seen him that is a lie.

You cannot say that one is a lie and the other isn't. You say the alien spacecraft are around daily.....google stories about visions of christ or any GOD...they are also happening daily. I have only read few stories of actual radar contact and for you to say that it is happening on a regular basis is crazy...where are these stories ( on a daily basis not just stories of them but stories from last week , this week ...giove me more than a few).. ou offer no proof but make statements like they are fact....you believers always do this.

Your post above is just an example of sweeping generalizations and is also a flawed logic. A skeptic does not feel there is not enough evidence to support a phenomenon. The skeptic instead REJECTS anything concerning aliens.

A believer rejects anything that goes against thier beliefs and will continue to make statements as fact without proof. That is how I personally believe it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by polomontana

I don't believe in "aliens" because I am 100% sure that they are demons and that, yes, demons do exist. I have had family members witness UFOs and they were very credible accounts, but no one that I've known has admitted to an "abduction." It's all demonic - plain and simple. If you're open to the demonic - if you're dabbling in the occult, etc, it's far more likely that you'll have one of these "experiences" because THEY know that you are open to it. If you're a sold out Christian, absolutely 0% chance that you'll be "abducted."

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You cannot say that one is a lie and the other isn't. You say the alien spacecraft are around daily.....google stories about visions of christ or any GOD...they are also happening daily. I have only read few stories of actual radar contact and for you to say that it is happening on a regular basis is crazy...where are these stories ( on a daily basis not just stories of them but stories from last week , this week ...giove me more than a few).. ou offer no proof but make statements like they are fact....you believers always do this.

I obtained my information from the media, the television. I'm sure it's at least once on a daily basis. But I'm not sure about this either. But you must get at least one alien contact on radar somewhere in the US and more if it's global. But when television starts airing these programs you skeptics ignore these because you think you're smarter because you're skeptical.

A believer rejects anything that goes against thier beliefs and will continue to make statements as fact without proof. That is how I personally believe it.

I am not like that. I base my beliefs on everything, photos, the media, videos, statements from abductees who were cross-examined, and statements from other people. This phenomenon is very popular and like the saying goes, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must certainly be a duck. What you're doing is painting a picture that all believers only stick to their beliefs about this phenomenon. You have to learn more about believers. Good Night.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by NoRunRichard]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
NoRun...Why contradict yourself.....there is just about the same evidence for both.
I believe in niether..but they both have supposed stories and pics.
some supposed alien and jesus and virgin mary pics
alien
img359.imageshack.us...
jesus
jesusphotos.altervista.org...
virgin mary

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Yes, Iam a skeptic.
I do not believe aliens from another planet or galaxy are visiting us for whatever reason.
I believe in UFO's..MAN MADE.

I haven't read through all of the threads yet to see if anyone has also mentioned this... but there is 1 small problem with believing UFO's are only man made.

The fact we have been seeing UFOs for centuries.... well before the Wright Brothers got it done. Unless you are saying we have been flying man made UFOs flying around our planet whilst people were getting around in horse drawn carts.

That alone blows your belief out of the water.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Total Package]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You don't have to be a puppeteer to know that it is a puppet. It has no fluid movemment that you think a livingh creature would have. It moves in jerky movements that you see in movies with a low budget to create special effects.

Well how would we know how an alleged being from another world moves? Secondly have you ever watched certain animals move in documentaries? Some also move in a jerky way so this is in my opinion by no means an argument for the alien being a puppet.

Also why is the room all dark and the only light is focused on the alien head. Why only the head...and why not the body....why is it only the head. This is the main problem I have with this footage. The most important "discovery" of our lifetime...but yet the governement only decided the head was important.

This footage was obviously not meant for public viewing. Furthermore the appearance of the "alien" is also irrelevant in this video from a government perspective. It is supposed to be the documenting of an interview, not a model contest. If you watch interrogation videos where humans are being interviewed they also don't show the whole person. This is perfectly normal if you ask me.

why not have the enitre room lit up...so that in case of emergency....like the supposed choking incident....the emergency workers would not have to work in total darkness. I have never heard of an emergency situation where the lights were not automatically lit up so that the ER crew could do thier best to help the individual. Does this sound like a competent government...military...organization to you. NO!... it sounds more like a hoaxer who knew if you turned the lights on when the "alien" need help you would then see it animatronic gear or puppeteer in the fully lit room.

If you are a hoaxer why even bring in the medical staff? This only puts you in all sorts of trouble and makes it easier for everybody to debunk your expensive hoax. If you were to hoax this you would only show the "alien" and no other things whatsoever to protect the credibility of your precious hoax as best as possible.

Of course you could be right that the "alien" is a puppet, but in my opinion there is still no hard evidence to suggest this is without a doubt the case.

[edit on 19/9/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I have no common sense do I? Is this just because I require proof? Who said I don't believe in alien visitation I simply ststad there is no proof that this occurs, I do not let my personal beliefs stand in the way of the search for truth. Just because I believe something does not make it fact. I do not impose my personal beliefs on others, I instead look for poof to either support or even refute my beliefs, and I am prepared for the outcome no mattter what the proof puts forth as an outcome. I am an odd breed part believer part skeptic, putting my skeptical side forward when looking for the truth.

The problem with every evedence that has been put foward thus far is either faked r inconclusive,though some of the inconclusive material does come close it is still not "slap me with an alien" proof.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Most or some radar contacts are due to alien contacts. Your post above is just an example of sweeping generalizations and is also a flawed logic. A skeptic does not feel there is not enough evidence to support a phenomenon.

What's up with that? Are you channeling Lewis Carroll? The double-negative, contradiction, and lack of coherence in the above post, casts doubt on the legitimacy of any of your opinions.

The skeptic instead REJECTS anything concerning aliens.

And despite being told, firsthand from skeptics, exactly the opposite of that position, you insist on holding tight to that fallacious belief. In fact, you're showing a remarkable tendency to REJECT anything that runs counter to your dearly held belief system.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
reply to post by polomontana

I don't believe in "aliens" because I am 100% sure that they are demons and that, yes, demons do exist. I have had family members witness UFOs and they were very credible accounts, but no one that I've known has admitted to an "abduction." It's all demonic - plain and simple. If you're open to the demonic - if you're dabbling in the occult, etc, it's far more likely that you'll have one of these "experiences" because THEY know that you are open to it. If you're a sold out Christian, absolutely 0% chance that you'll be "abducted."

100% eh? You have about as much proof that aliens are daemons as I do that you are, in fact, a daemon.

I'm not allowed to talk to daemons!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
What's up with that? Are you channeling Lewis Carroll? The double-negative, contradiction, and lack of coherence in the above post, casts doubt on the legitimacy of any of your opinions.

I don't know who Lewis Carroll is. This paragraph is supposed to go together with my statement below. You have erroneously truncated this paragraph. Again, you can read the entire 1,300+ posts the skeptics made in this forum and the only statements you'll read in it are REJECTIONS of all rationalizations and evidences concerning alien existence and visitations.

The skeptic instead REJECTS anything concerning aliens.

Originally posted by Mr. Penny
And despite being told, firsthand from skeptics, exactly the opposite of that position, you insist on holding tight to that fallacious belief. In fact, you're showing a remarkable tendency to REJECT anything that runs counter to your dearly held belief system.

Like I said, read the entire 1,300+ entries of this thread and they all point to REJECTIONS of anything regarding aliens.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

NoRun...Why contradict yourself.....there is just about the same evidence for both.
I believe in niether..but they both have supposed stories and pics.
some supposed alien and jesus and virgin mary pics
alien
img359.imageshack.us...
jesus
virgin mary

I could only view the link for the alien, the others are blank. Thanks for the photo of the alien, it looks like the real thing and I am almost inclined to believe in it. My only question about it is why is the appearance almost like a drawing? Is this an old photo that was retouched? Other than that it could be authentic. Another question I have is, if you consider these photos as evidences why can't you believe in them? On Page 67 of this thread I defined the meaning of a skeptic and I wasn't wrong about them.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm not at all surprised that you don't know the name "Lewis Carroll". Despite the use of the phrase "rabbit hole" all over these forums. I oughta' take a poll.....find out how many people using it understand the reference.

You have erroneously truncated this paragraph.

Doesn't make any difference....truncated, parsed, dissected, dismembered....whatever one does to the paragraph--it's contradictory, assumptive, and illogical nonsense. Throws into doubt your ability to arrive at any reasoned conclusion, and support said conclusion.

Like I said, read the entire 1,300+ entries of this thread and they all point to REJECTIONS of anything regarding aliens.

Okay, that's your thesis.....now support it. Go find me the clear, unequivocal support for the statement that all 1300+ entries by, I presume, skeptics, are rejections of anything regarding aliens.

Don't bother....I already know you can't. Over and over again, you make egregious errors of reasoning.....and it's a pity that you can't recognize them. Your statements are such that I get the impression you're responding to a thread that only you can read. Your comments have a "slightly askew from reality" feel to them......it's like, what the heck are you reading?

This is the only thread you ever post in? And you've never started a thread?

Whose "sock-puppet" are you?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

I have 3 photos of an alien below. I don't know what kind it is but they look authentic to me.

This alien has an injury on one of his legs and fingers. It also has a bruise on the head. This alien is dead and was probably recovered from a crash. It could also possibly be one of the aliens who crash-landed at Roswell because the photo looks old and the condition of the alien itself. I have no doubt that this photo is a fake. If some of you think it is a fake I hope you could prove it and state why it is so.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I don't know what kind it is but they look authentic to me. [...]I have no doubt that this photo is a fake.

Can you at least try to make some sense?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join