The Questions U.F.O. skeptics can't answer

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRunRichard

I have to say i'm, confused too.

You say that they are authentic photos, you then say you believe they are fake... but if anyone else thinks they are fake, they must provide a case to back this up?

That makes no sense.

Of course they are fake.... why do you think they are fake?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
I'm not at all surprised that you don't know the name "Lewis Carroll". Despite the use of the phrase "rabbit hole" all over these forums. I oughta' take a poll.....find out how many people using it understand the reference.
Doesn't make any difference....truncated, parsed, dissected, dismembered....whatever one does to the paragraph--it's contradictory, assumptive, and illogical nonsense. Throws into doubt your ability to arrive at any reasoned conclusion, and support said conclusion.

It does make a difference Penny. I am surprised that a man of words like you didn't recognize this. Like I said your entries are way off sensible meanings, you're inventing anything and using big words to "justify" your false statements. I make sensible conclusions, you just don't have the intelligence to discern that or you just railroad your statements because you ignore my own statements and in order to hide that rejection you use big words.

Okay, that's your thesis.....now support it. Go find me the clear, unequivocal support for the statement that all 1300+ entries by, I presume, skeptics, are rejections of anything regarding aliens.

The ball is in your court. You make the research and read the 1,300 entries by the skeptics, including yours. Don't lay everything on me.

Don't bother....I already know you can't. Over and over again, you make egregious errors of reasoning.....and it's a pity that you can't recognize them. Your statements are such that I get the impression you're responding to a thread that only you can read. Your comments have a "slightly askew from reality" feel to them......it's like, what the heck are you reading?

I'm the one instead who's getting the impression that you're somebody's dummy. You're just shooting your mouth off with senseless rhetorics. Haven't you focused on your own statements that are askew themselves? You and the mods may not like this but you have a problem in your head. You jump in here with your vague reasons and give the responsibility of researching this 1,300+ post forum to other people.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by MrPenny]

This is the only thread you ever post in? And you've never started a thread?

I have no interest in the other topics.

Whose "sock-puppet" are you?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by MrPenny]

And whose dummy are you for contributing in REJECTING the evidences and statements of other people who don't agree with you? How much are you being paid to do this? You made the mods delete my previous answers to you because it's the truth, right? I have endured so many insults in here yet I never sought the help of anybody like deleting other people's entries in here.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by NoRunRichard]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I have to say i'm, confused too.

You say that they are authentic photos, you then say you believe they are fake... but if anyone else thinks they are fake, they must provide a case to back this up?

That makes no sense.

Of course they are fake.... why do you think they are fake?

No, they are not fakes. What I meant to say was that the photos were authentic or real. You believe the photos are fakes, that is a sweeping generalization. Never mind proving the photos as fakes or otherwise. Just leave the photos as they are. I have no doubt that they are real.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ok the photos themselves may be real, but what is shown is not.

It is a dummy or good mock-up and make-up of an alien.

I don't need to prove them as fakes, you need to prove them as real....that's how it works.

You have crazy story/theory/photo= you must prove the authenticity.

I disagree = Until i see evidence that supports your claim/photo/theory

What do you think of this one?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRunRichard
The ball is in your court. You make the research and read the 1,300 entries by the skeptics, including yours. Don't lay everything on me.

You've learned the Internet trick of saying anything you want.....without the need to actually be right. And when called on it....resorts to insults.

Again...whose sock-puppet are you?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The photo is real. You're just generalizing. If you believe otherwise then there will be no picture that could convince you. Don't you know that even the alien spacecraft could be copied? As far as skeptics are concerned NOTHING can convince them about aliens. There is no point for me in discussing anything with you.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The photo is NOT real, you just want to believe it, this does not make it real.
People are still hoaxing like they are because of people like you...you are a safe haven for this kind of rubbish to breed and infect serious ufo discussion.

“Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? “
- Douglas Adams

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You've learned the Internet trick of saying anything you want.....without the need to actually be right. And when called on it....resorts to insults.

Again...whose sock-puppet are you?

What you've described above is a description of you, Penny, haven't you noticed that? I'm telling you, see a psychiatrist.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The photo is NOT real, you just want to believe it, this does not make it real.
People are still hoaxing like they are because of people like you...you are a safe haven for this kind of rubbish to breed and infect serious ufo discussion.

“Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? “
- Douglas Adams

Then, what kind of UFO discussion would you like, the one that only reflects what skeptics believe? You are a typical closed-minded person in a little box.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

As far as skeptics are concerned NOTHING can convince them about aliens. There is no point for me in discussing anything with you.

If "ignorance is bliss"...you must be in hog heaven.

It's astonishing how you have chosen a path so obtuse, that you're willing to cast yourself in the part of a fool only to argue a complete dead end. That's fine--on the Internet there is no integrity....except for those who actually care.

Is this Lou? Lou? Is that you?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes i'm a closed minded boxed person.

And you are deluded....

I would like a rational conversation that deals with evidence, facts and some sort of decency to it..... i can see i'm NOT going to get that from you.

run along to the GFL ship that's waiting..... and don't forget to buy all the books and merchandise you can from all these amazing people who are trying to make a buc...... i mean, trying to enlighten you

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

As far as skeptics are concerned NOTHING can convince them about aliens. There is no point for me in discussing anything with you.

If "ignorance is bliss"...you must be in hog heaven.

It's astonishing how you have chosen a path so obtuse, that you're willing to cast yourself in the part of a fool only to argue a complete dead end. That's fine--on the Internet there is no integrity....except for those who actually care.

Is this Lou? Lou? Is that you?

The only complete dead end I see is your mind. There must be something wrong with you for you cannot recognize a very obvious phenomenon. The aliens are under your nose yet you refuse to acknowledge that. To be a skeptic on these matters is ignorance. If we'd follow the skeptics we wouldn't be out of the Dark Ages, and this is your own hog heaven. Who and how much are you paid to be this stupid?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yes i'm a closed minded boxed person.

And you are deluded....

I would like a rational conversation that deals with evidence, facts and some sort of decency to it..... i can see i'm NOT going to get that from you.

run along to the GFL ship that's waiting..... and don't forget to buy all the books and merchandise you can from all these amazing people who are trying to make a buc...... i mean, trying to enlighten you

You're the one who started to be arrogant and rude to me, I'm only returning the favor.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You're the one who started to be arrogant and rude to me, I'm only returning the favor.

yeah, i would re-read the part where i joined and see how it was YOU who was rude to me first.

Enjoy anyway.....

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
NOrun...i never said those pics were authentic...I said they are being used as proof to make people believe. To me they are just a bunch of crap photos that were made for the minds that can be easily swayed.
The late astronomer Carl Sagan had a wonderful formula for measuring the truthfulness of any belief. Extraordinary claims, he said, demand extraordinary evidence.

The fact that so many are willing to believe so many impossible things with so little evidence is not comforting.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Hope you don't insult me like you seem to be insulting everyone else for saying this but just because someone doesn't believe that aliens have visited the earth it doesn't make them ignorant in the slightest. Many sceptics visit this forum in the search for truth about aliens and such because they have a strong interest in the subject, the trouble is that there is crap all out there worthy of convincing us, is that our fault? Most of us sceptics want there to be something but are not gullible enough to be swayed by the inevitable blurry photos and vids.

Without sceptics this site would be Disneyland, the land of make believe.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corum

Hope you don't insult me like you seem to be insulting everyone else for saying this but just because someone doesn't believe that aliens have visited the earth it doesn't make them ignorant in the slightest. Many sceptics visit this forum in the search for truth about aliens and such because they have a strong interest in the subject, the trouble is that there is crap all out there worthy of convincing us, is that our fault? Most of us sceptics want there to be something but are not gullible enough to be swayed by the inevitable blurry photos and vids.

Without sceptics this site would be Disneyland, the land of make believe.

I'm sorry but I cannot believe you. You are just euphemizing. The real purpose of the skeptics in this forum is to ridicule and give believers a hard time. I for one can fairly tell if a video or a photo is a hoax. Therefore why do skeptics hang around here and displaying their stupidity?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
NOrun...i never said those pics were authentic...I said they are being used as proof to make people believe. To me they are just a bunch of crap photos that were made for the minds that can be easily swayed.
The late astronomer Carl Sagan had a wonderful formula for measuring the truthfulness of any belief. Extraordinary claims, he said, demand extraordinary evidence.

The fact that so many are willing to believe so many impossible things with so little evidence is not comforting.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by riggs2099]

I'm sorry but I have my own beliefs. It's true there are a lot of hoaxers and they must be ignored and it is up to you to sift the false from the truth. By the way, Dr. Carl Sagan also has this wonderful quote: "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
PEOPLE OUT THERE...it is SKEPTICS....not SCEPTICS. One is a for this forum...SKEPTIC....the other for your bathroom SCEPTIC.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Sceptic is an acceptable alternative spelling, used mostly by the British and Canadians.
Septic has to do with the smelly stuff.
A steptic pencil is what you use to stop bleeding of small wounds.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join