It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they will get inside our homes!!!(It's starting...)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It seems to me that the defacto answer for this thread is that I am losing it, and overreasting. This is far from the truth. The reality is, I don't want anyone coming in my home, and in the heat of the moment, Constitutional challenges mean squat.

I still have to go through the entire process, or risk a fine for not cooperating.

THIS IS WRONG. Those of you who stand against laws like this are either too trusting of authorities, or unable to handle your own life. This may or may not be about partying, but if it was so neccasary, then why, PLEASE TELL ME, have they not used it once in the neighboring town?

I'll tell you, because they know it's wrong, and want to attach a face to it before they use it. Like a really bad drug dealer, so we can all agree it's a great law.

This is a farce, and I AM NOT over reacting. I am a stable veteran, who is almost thirty. Problem is, I look young, and post on subversive sites. Won't take long to find PC in a house with 4 people in it. One visitor, and I can find cops at my door.

Unless you really think that cops don't EVER overstep their authority???

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
where i live (WNY) i keep hearing of firemen going door to door to check for smoke alarms and repeatedly hear that they seem to look around more than go right where directed the smoke alarms are, "have to check dryer vents, furnice, fusebox?, etc. as well."
first of all, i have not seen this so it is hearsay but if it is true...
i just dont like the idea that any city official can demend entrance to my home and then look wherever he feels like looking once inside, no matter what he is looking for.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

if it really seems like this is outlandish, far fetched, whatever.
think about this. how much do you hear about child molesters lurking everywhere on the internet lately? it has slwowly ramped up over the years, beginning with little dateline specials and news reports. pedophiles are roaming the internet to take our children, rape them, and then maybe murder them. internet safeguards are in place. my own time warnere has already started to dissallow traffic to certain sites for 'safety.' we all know the fear of internet 2.0.
now go look up the statitistics for child murder, rape, and abduction.
are they going up?
no
are they going up just among strangers who commit them?
no, still 70 to 90% known to the kids before the incident.
so...why are we hearing about it more?
why is the internet being slowly locked up to save us from it?
because it is true and we are helpless?
because there are so many underage drinking parties causing so much trouble that police need to just bust in on any party of 5 people having drinks? hmmmm. wonder what is next.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

You have it dead on here. the OP is correct in his feelings, but you make the most sense of everyone here. (no offense intended to the OP) Any intrusion upon our liberties is means for alarm. We have become a nation that looks to the powers that be for the answer to all of our problems. Like meat to slaughter we have played directly into the trap they have laid for us. We have only succeeded in giving too much of our own power to those who intend to abuse it the most. I am not anti-government or anti-cop, but our complacency coupled with our unwillingness to accept responsibility for our nation (as citizens) has lead to this situation.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP for posting this.

Don't worry not all of us here are so willing to give up our rights.

"Oh but we will be able to sue them if they abuse the power!" Yeah right...

I freaking (wish I could use a different word) HATE this nanny state and her baby sitters. They can all suck a fat one.

People need to learn to handle their own problems and stop crying for help from mommy and daddy government. Grow up people!

As many have stated the police are NOT there to help you. They work for the state (or USA inc) and their main concern is terrorizing and bullying people into fines and jail time.

DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE.

"Anything you say can and WILL be used against you in a court of law"

They sure as heck don't say will be used FOR you.

Here is a link to a professor of law telling you WHY it is bad to talk to the police. Recommended watching if you like to exercise your rights.
www.youtube.com...

Eventually the people will be pushed to the edge (many already have been pushed off) and this thing is going to blow up in the faces of their minions.

There are two sides. Which one do you want to be on?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonfire2159

You are so right a noise complaint should be handled between neighbors.

It seems apparent to me that police can pretty much do what they want as they do have the law on their side. Our word against theirs in a court of law doesn't go far with the jury. I personally would never call the cops for anything other than the threat of personal injury. I have heard too many horror stories how things can go awry.

Years ago I was the night manager at a local restaurant. I was doing clean up and splashed bleach in my eyes. I rinsed them the best I could but had to finish and get out of there on time. My husband was waiting for me outside so I locked up and just wanted to get home to rinse my eyes. We got one block when we were pulled over by police. We were told there was a report of domestic violence involving a blue pick-up. They asked for ID from both of us and the officer commented that I looked like I had been crying. I tried to tell him about the bleach and I needed to get home but he ignored this and ran our info. We sat there for 1/2 hour while they decided what to do. I thought we were going to jail. Finally a call came in that the pick-up and people involved were found and we were let go.

It was late I was tired and my eyes were killing me I really thought they were going to take us in for questioning if that other blue truck hadn't turned up. There are many blue trucks in our area I can't believe the color of ones vehicle is enough for PC. I guess it is. The arm of the law is very long.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Actually you have 30 days to enact your rights when receiving a ticket (BILL OF SALE) Law of the land allows you this right.

You take your Ticket (Bill of Sale) to a NOTARY- the police will then have 3-10 days (depends on the ticket) to show the Original Copy (Which they will not)
Your Bill of sale will then be null and void.

Tickets are NOT LAWS they are STATUTES- they are NOT Enforceable, if you refuse to pay the bill of sale within 30 days or exercise your RIGHTS within 30 days then you will be under their jurisdication and Obligated to do so for you did NOT exercise your rights and therefore are in violation or Maritime Law.

Blacks Law Dictionary can confirm this (Or lawyer who is for the Law of the Land)

Go In peace! Know your rights! And get some affidavits for yourself!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
WOW! looks like we won't be partyin' like it's 1999 anymore

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
One more nail in the coffin of freedom!
If you try coming in my house under ANY circumstance you WILL be met with equal and opposite FORCE!
This is one more reason to pack up and "head to the hills"! I would like to see a cop find me there!

Badge + Gun + unconstitutional laws = Nazi S.S.!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Any alcohol in here?! Well, let's just have a look...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

That's what I am talking about! Try that at my house and guess what happens? Double re-enforced, solid wood doors, 2 inches thick. and a suprise waiting on the other side! "Do I have something to hide" you ask?
Maybe, but that does not matter, I will not have this happen to me again!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
If they come into my house, I'll have some milk and cookies wating for them
That's what every good citizen should do

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think the best way to get across what the OP is trying to say is to compare this law to DUI checkpoints.

If they have reasonable cause to pull you over/enter the house then what is to prevent them from issuing out other citations. Like with the DUI, you can also get a ticket for broken mirror, tail light, etc..

What prevents the cops once in the home for issuing out other citations that really don't prevent a crime, just make money for the state. Like breaking curfew, or being around people who are drinking even if your not, weapon possession, etc..

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Anyone thinking America is free needs his brain examined
only thing free in the USA is propaganda.

I sleep with my doors unlocked !
and I sleep sound

the failed policies of the inner cities of the USA have reduced America to duct tape and plastic duck and cover dead bolts and guns loaded in the night stand

sleep sound at the risk of life and limb !

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Seems like something that has to do more with minors and not actually adults... So quite clearly I could careless because cops will always ask kids for their ID's in almost any type of party situation. I don't see how this is relavant to search and seisure protocol.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

nice try bull #!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

Seems like something that has to do more with minors and not actually adults...

Have you not read the entire thread? The OP stated this law pertains to any meeting of 5 or more with at least 1 beer and people who look under 30. Not specifically targeted at minors is it? The intent is to go after adults allowing underage drinking at house parties so sorry this law pertains to adults. It's pretty vague and far-reaching. As someone mentioned earlier many homes have 5 or more full time occupants could police subject them to search anytime Dad is seen in the backyard with a beer?

Can’t you see what this could lead to and how it leaves the door open so to speak for routine and random searches in the name of “The War” on underage drinking? Like the OP said attach a figurehead/drug dealer fiend to it and everyone thinks it’s a worthy cause. Imo its “The War On ______(fill in the blank) heading is all that is required for police to justify their actions. It makes it more palatable to the masses when rights are infringed on for a worthy cause. “The War On” always gets people in the mood for giving up rights, it’s the old “its war damn it toes are going to get stepped on here” mentality that is the slippery slope in this matter.

Star and flag for the OP for bringing this to light.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Oh brother....

I've had several friends that are cops. I was buddy-buddy with the chief of police out east, used to go to his house and shoot bows in his backyard. Guess what? Most cops are just normal people with a job, just like you and I. Most are straight up good folks that actually DO want to help. They don't have some evil government agenda.

Does power corrupt? Yea, it does. There are always bad apples, and imho, some cities are worse than others as far as law enforcement departments go. But it just makes me shake my head when people get into such a NWO/Conspiracy frame of mind, that anyone working for any agency that requires them to have a badge or ID is branded the devil, equivalent to an SS agent. I certainly hope some day, when you are in dire need of the assistance of the police, you will get that help.. and realize they are not super villians. Of course, all of you are such badasses, I'm sure you never have anthing to worry about.

I've had bad run ins with the law, and also good ones. Just like every other facet of life.

Tell me.. is there any chance at all this is actually what it says it is intended for? Or does every single law or change some insideous part of some master plan takeover of the U.S. by our own government?

Take care of it ourselves? Yea, if parents would actually parent, perhaps they wouldn't have to interfere. But with teen drug abuse, pregnancies, drinking, drag racing on public streets etc., being so much more commonplace, I think our parents aren't getting the job done. I guess our government is evil and wicked for trying to look out for teens. Jerks!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I'm amazed at how many people have commented without reading what I wrote.

I have NO problem with cops.

Seems to me like you have a problem with those that question authority.

It is not about a conspiracy, as I'm sure the writers of the law did not intend to give so much blind authority... or are they?

I could add some things, but I am required not to say anything, as I have agreed and am stupid enough to use my screen name the way it is...

Point?
I'm not worried about every cop. Just whatever cop abuses this power.

I can point to 100's of years of historically crooked cops. Insidious plans by rogue intelligence and FBI agents. Etc, Etc.

But you are right, the cops you know are probably "good" cops.

Can I move near you, as I'm sure you can vouch for every authority in the area..

Read the thread, or stop saying I hate cops, please...

Sorry, I'm at work, Jasonjnelson

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Most are straight up good folks that actually DO want to help. They don't have some evil government agenda.

Yet they play right into the hands of that agenda. There were "good" Nazis too.

Does power corrupt? Yea, it does. There are always bad apples, and imho, some cities are worse than others as far as law enforcement departments go.

This has gone far beyond the "average" corruption. This is no longer about a bad cop on the take, or on a violent power trip. Today, it is the system itself that is in violation of the Constitution and the will of the people. Every officer, wether a good person or not, is a part of that violation.

Here is a video to show what I mean. The officer here actually seems like a good guy, but what he does is entirely un-called for, and the situation should have been handled much differently.

Here is another example of an officer thinking only about "doing their job" and not the rights of the people that they work for...

Tell me.. is there any chance at all this is actually what it says it is intended for? Or does every single law or change some insideous part of some master plan takeover of the U.S. by our own government?

Yea, if parents would actually parent, perhaps they wouldn't have to interfere.

If parents were paid a living wage, they wouldn't need two or three jobs to put food on little Johnny's plate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join