It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Going to the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   

BOMBAY, India (Reuters) -- Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee said on Monday it was time for the country to achieve its dream of sending a man to the moon.

"Our scientists are now talking of going to the moon," he said told a gathering in Bombay, India's financial heart.

"It will happen through science not by just wishing for it. It is now time to make our dreams true."

Full Story: Click Me

[Edited on 1-8-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Bah the only people who have a chance of making it are the chinese, and I doubt they'll even follow through, all though they are planning to in 5 years, and that's a fact too, not a "well maybe we'll try for it if things are going good" it's a "We got our prototype already and are going to test it in the year ... see ya in 5 moon!"

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The russians failed to send a man on moon, but the Chicoms or the Indians will not fail ? I'm skeptic.

P.S : Damn it, I'll hope that I'll not receive the Moron Award for this post !

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
aren't the japanese also considering it? They already have some stuff up - at least they have the technology, know how and the collateral to do it.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think what it all comes down to in the end is how much money they are prepared to spend. Other than that I see no obstacles with India or China reaching the moon.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The Japanese are attempting as far as I know to only get into space, they are building facilities on their southern most island, I think Iwo Jima...?

The reason I am nearly certain China will fail, is that it is still a communist country in ideology, and has exhibited though less so than the soviets, a lack of proper infrastructure and leadership, that is required to go to the moon.

Ask any higher up of nasa at the time, and they'll tell you we got to the moon not because of our technology, the russians didn't fail there either, but because of our leadership, and our organization.

I don't think slave countries can muster the organization to do this task.

I think India is too poor to go itself, it has too many starving peoples, too much disease, attempting this is a feat only of their caste system, any normal democracy would totaly be against redirecting funds to such a project in their current situation.

America almost had its funds diverted for the same reason, but the soviet "threat" and the words of a few great men spurred us on...one of those men being Frank Borman, who spoke on Nasa's behalf after tha apollo 1 fire, saying we can't back down because some of us gave our lives to achieve this, if you want to think of them then think of them the way they'd want to be thought of, in going to the moon.

Anyways...I don't doubt either of these nations would surprise me, but I hope they didn't....I like America being dominant in space, and it should stay that way

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
China, I believe does have the infrastructure to intiate a moon landing project with maybe a 10 year goal if they devote intensive effort. Their economy is strong ( the worlds second largest about $5trillion GDP ) and growing. The fact that they have a communist government, will allow them to devote the necessary resources to this without the public scrutiny, which sometimes hampers Western societies.

As for India, probably not just yet. They have enough problems with their fanatical neighbours next door, requiring too many resoures devoted to the military.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yes....if they devote much effort, but I don't see that they will, they have powerful military influences who'd want the money, they have duties to the people who need other forms of infrastructure.

China is still clawing its way out of a hole with a communism//capitalism society
The public scrutiny you say they don't share is false, they have plenty of it, it is nothing like the soviet union, where they really could do absolutely anything, but it isn't as free as america either....I just wouldn't imagine any Chinese saying "stop" because this would really bolster their image.

Plus, I still don't want to think of them as making it!!!

Although, and this would be totally evil MUAHHAHHAAHHA....but we could just land on the mars exactly on the hour or so as the Chinese first land on the moon, thus they get no publicity and we still look like the gods of Humanity

Sincerely,
no signature

new topics

top topics

join