It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the end of the world...a women sits on the red beast (1ST WOMEN PRESIDENT???)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
I'm not a religious person. I just believe in compassion towards all people. I don't belong to or endorse (or criticize) one religion or another. But I have studied the bible extensively, and this is what I think about the whole beast/end of the world thing.

My theory: 1st beast = E.U. It says the beast will sit upon 7 hills. The territory controled by the Roman Empire was also known by the title of the "seven hills of rome."

It says a woman holding a "cup of sordid deeds" will sit enthroned upon that beast. To my thinking, that = the statue of liberty = the U.S. It does describe this woman as the harlot of the earth, who has commerce with all the nations of the earth, and has grown drunk on the "wine of her lewdness." Unquestionably, the U.S. currently has power over the E.U. There are differences, and sometimes E.U. member states assert their independance, like France and Germany did over the war in Iraq. But it's clear that the U.S. is the sole super power in the world, and ultimately their complaints were trumped by the U.S. and it's plan to "liberate" (
) Iraq.

However, this state of affairs won't continue if my interpretation is correct. Somehow the events prior to the rise of this "first beast" (the events known as the 7 trumpets or "trumps," and the "seven seals,") will lead to the destruction or weakening of the woman, and the rise of the "beast" to fill the power void. It says the ten horns (kings) of the beast will "turn against" the woman, and "strip her of her finery," and that all the world will lament over her.

I believe the "7 trumpets" events to be infact a single series of events all interrelated, or perhaps even the same event in different phases. A celestial impact of some kind, or a nuclear exchange not extensive enough to destroy all life, but to severely disrupt the current global power balance that will lead to the rise of the "first beast."

This is just a theory, and I don't place TOO much credance in it. And I'm not anti-E.U. or anything. It's not the E.U. but the forces that will manipulate it as they do all governments.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by AceWombat04]

Well said! your right on. finally some one who understands the truth!

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SOTERION 5
The US will never be defeated and neither will Britain.

Every thing you said was well thought out. However this statement does not belong. You said that God would only a llow a nation to go so far... Amaerica is not perfect and let's not forget what happened to the chossen people, the Jews. God is not partial.

Many times in ancient days God used the wicked nations around Isreal to punish her. So lets not Assusme that because God's hand is moving us to destroy the evil in Iraq that we are some how above God's chastizement now.

America as an ideal is great but remember that one person's sin in Isreal caused them to loose many battles. Remember what happened at Ai?

Your conclusions are correct its just this one statement that I don't agree with here.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If you pick up a Holy Bible that has the stamp of approval of the Holy Roman Catholic Church "Impir .." (forgot the last part) you will find that the Catholic Church interpts it for you in the text.
The Whore of Babylon (Catholic Church) rides the Beast with seven heads (one world economic giant), or the Vatican which does sit on seven hilltops.
This is not the same as the False Phrophet that gives life to an inamimate creation that becomes the "Beast" in the last days.

There is speculation and conjecture but the Catholic version states its interption of the meaning of this passage. I wouldnt take anyone's word if you really want to know ..visit a CAtholic Church and peruse the book for yourself....

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ok, I went back home, cuz this thread is really fascinating, and I re read through revelations, to refresh my memory and gain a bit more insight. Heres what Ive discovered. Basically, Thye first thing that will happen to signal the end is the rapture of the church. In otherwords, millions of believers of Christianity will disappear without a trace all over the world, just vanish. This will cause mass panic and fear, for planes, once piloted by people, will crash, cars will go off the orad, ect. This is the beginning of the end. This event will bring about the next set of events. The Beast, which appears to be the newly ressurected Rome, I.E., the EU, will produce the Anti Christ. The Anti Christ will come from seeimingly humble origins, it will appear he was thrust into power. He will overnight come from being unknown, to suddenly, appearing on the world stage. He will be loved. he will proclaim peace on earth. Nations will lay down thier weapons before him. he will slowly consolidate his power over all things, from religion and finance. Hence, the ONE World Govornment: the duty of the anti Christ. People will hail him a Messaiah. He will take the weapons from all the major powers, destroying most, but keeping a few of his own, and giving them to his one world govornment. His new church, most likely, which will be the combination of all religions of the world, will probably be headed by the catholics. Peace will be short lived, for its a false peace. The anti Christ is the first seal opened: the prince on a white horse with the bow without arrows and a crown on his head. The beginning of the seven year tribulation starts when this new prince signs a 7 year peace treaty with Israel. Thus begins hell on earth. Not all nations will love his one world govornment though. This is where the refrence to Tamar and her young lions comes in. (think it was in Eziekiel or Daniel). Tamar is Britian, her young lions are her colonies. From this refrence, it aludes that America will not play a role as a nation in the things to come, but as a part of a bigger picture. Thus, In the One World Govornment, America might be dismantled and returned to her former masters. Anyway, britian and a few other nations will turn from the one world govornment and make war with the beast. This action shall open up the second, third, anf fourth seals of judgement: first, the red horse of war, then the pale horse of plague and death, and the black horse of famine. During this time, 75% of the worlds population will be wiped out. The fifth seal opened refers to the martyrdom of the latterday saints (Not the Mormons, but those who convert to a belief in jesus after the rapture). The anti Christ will turn on his own church (the refrence to the woman on the beast, the whore, is representing the church corrupted. Remeber, Christ referrs to his church as his bride, the woman who is swept away at the rapture, the pure one. The woman, drunk on the blood of martyrs and saints, clothed in purple and scarlet, is the bride of the anti christ, the corrupt, fornicating church.) the anti christ will turn fro benevolent messiah to brutal tyranny, this is the refrence to the last half of the tribulation, where the spirit of satan, or one of the host of many demons, will posses him, and hell go nuts. The sixth seal refers to a great earthquake, and the sixth seal (six the number of man and the beast) is the hearlader of the seventh seal, the greatest judgement of them all. John said that when the seventh seal was opened, it was so horrifying and so incredibly awesome that all of heaven fell silent for a half hour. The seventh seal is the final judgement. I believe this means, since the earthquake is the herald of the seventh, it refers to the very gates of hell, and Satan and his legions of demons will literally pour across the earth and torture those who still yet have accepted christ. Heavens legions will descend upon the earth and wipe out hells legions, and cast the wicked and unbelievers with the fallen angels down into hell and seal it forever. Thus begining christs final return and rule over the earth. From what I have read, if one believes the bible, one will know Americas fate as world power is sealed, well fall inline like the rest. Reference I think in the old testament to the fall of the eagle that soared above all others. Perhaps this is the refrence. During the tribulation, and before it, two witnesses will appear in israel at the temple, they will be the ressurected Moses and Elijah. They will prophecize about the evil of the beast, and anyone who touches them will be stricken down. Anyway, thats what else I gathered from my re reading. Its been a long time since I looked at the bible, as i dont believe in it exclusively, but I knew I was forgetting some things. Anyway this is a really good discussion, I like it. Its very intelligent.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i belong to the (catholic) church... am i going to hell???

If you base your salvation on the already completed(past tense)work of Jesus Christ, then you are saved. There is nothing you can do to earn or add to salvation. Jesus did it all.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
The EU the beast ? hmm I dunno the Pope supports the EU.

Heres sumthin I read about. The Next Pope will be the Anti-Christ. Therefore the current Pope would not have implications in any of this. He is supposed to defect from the Church. Will try to find some info.....

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The Antichrist possibly the cause of the end of the world as "we" know it will be given there power from the red dragon (flag of wales) at the moment Prince Phillip rules there, he will sit in place before becoming a King and worshipped as the false messiah in the holy land "Israel" If you check the Israel supreme court its built along ley lines, ley lines are places in which witchcraft takes place if you check the roof of the court you will see the triangler all seeing eye also represented on the back of the dollar bill this building was funded by the rothchilds family with specific designs to represent religions from all around the world within the building. If you dig a little deeper you'll know that rothchilds are relatives of Hitler and most of the monarchys around europe who spread to the U.S.A how many years ago they settled there...Everyones tied bloodlines streatch from babylon to now......Phillip is German originally born in Greece...This may all sound like jargon, well everyones got there own minds to think what they want I'm not saying this is how or who it will be 100% just somethign to think about lol and i'm not saying that just cause he's german hes bad, but the germans cleared up ancient sites well before the u.s.a and russia started the germans had already had the ancient scriptures and had started to develop devastating weapons psychological experiments with physical and spiritual outlooks there work has just been taken by the americans after the 2nd world war along with their scientists...America funded Israel to become as powerful as they are now they have untold amounts of nuclear weapons but are untouchable diplomatic immunity

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
St. Malachy's prophecies regarding the popes, including the pope of the last days....

www.dayofgod.net...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
To see God's hand in the formation of the US...

www.greatseal.com

Why is God's hand on the US and Britain...

www.british-israel.net

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
what about the chick on the beast being the statue of liberty!!! ???

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Geez - a lot of this speculation seems to be based on the world today, as if Revelation is speaking about THIS world NOW.

Don't you think every age had correlations and specualtions regarding these prophesies? We can no more assume that this has anything more to do with what we know today than anyone who has screamed from the rooftops in a prior time - and they did.

Anyone have anything to support that we should even be concerned about these texts now in this age (aside from the fact that we should always watch our p's & q's cause we "don't know the time")?

By the way - the whore can't be the Catholic Church - so if you really think that the false prophets have gotten to ya!
If it were, surely the dark ages, inquisitions, etc. would have been the end already cause that's when there really were problems. If you are afraid of the Catholic Church today, you just haven't done your homework. It's not even a real power, compared to earlier times - again, then more likely to into fit the fear of the whore thing. But obviously, that wasn't what the Revelations is talking about.

As for it being the US, well..... it could be a country - BUT...... Okay, this country has come a long way away from what it was founded under. Still, how many nations were founded acknowledging a creator? USA has God all over the place (like it or not to everyone who is trying to erase that from our history). Maybe we are faultering, but I highly doubt that will prevail in the end. So, even if we lead the world in debauchery - which unfortunately may be the case at the moment - the good intentions of this Country could not be wiped out by a few years of misguided political correctness. (Tongue in cheek!!!!)

Okay, don't attack me for expressing some food for thought (newbie already attacked in my first posting at another topic) I am trying to put a brave foot forward for the sake of interesting if not intelligent convesation.

But seriously - if a woman were ever to lead this Country I must admit I do hope it's not HC. I, as a woman, would be horrified if she were to be the first one to show us what a gal can do

It would be interesting if she really ran for the Republicans to go for backing Laura to really find out where the values of this country really are!

(For those of you who aren't frightened by the prospect of Hillary leading this country does that one scare ya?

So, if we should be corresponding Revelations to the here and now - as oppossed to any age before us - lay it out please.

What do you think the odds are that two thousand years ago some one would prophecy a woman on a beast and the EU actually would have that symbol two thousand years later? Coinsidence?- I don't think so somethings brewing.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Ok, I went back home, cuz this thread is really fascinating, and I re read through revelations, to refresh my memory and gain a bit more insight. Heres what Ive discovered. Basically, Thye first thing that will happen to signal the end is the rapture of the church. In otherwords, millions of believers of Christianity will disappear without a trace all over the world, just vanish. This will cause mass panic and fear, for planes, once piloted by people, will crash, cars will go off the orad, ect. This is the beginning of the end. This event will bring about the next set of events.

The rapture does not come before the trib. that cannot be we shown in revelation at all. if that were the case then who are the people with out number slain in the tribulation for there faith in Jesus? New believers? I don't think so! look again. its todays christians its the gold being refined in the fire.

Even else where Paul states that the Lord will not return until after the Antichrist is revealed. check it out.

everyone thinks there gonna float out of here on a pillow of ease; its not so! the last days christian's faith will be tried with fire.

despite the symbolism and seemingly over lap of events in Revelation you can still read it chronologically. For instance the Harvest of the Earth happens in chater 14( the rapture) just prior to God punishing the Earth with final seven plagues. However take notice to the fact that the believers in christ are put to death in chapter 13. i feel that chap 6 and 13 are happening simutaneously what do you think?

The left behind books are wrong!!! pure junk! But thats what sells. Afterall, Would you buy a book that told you were going to someday end up like nick berg for believing in Jesus Christ?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Some relavant facts to concider:

The Vatican as the center of power:
Every single nation that is or was a 1st 2nd world nation/economy has given difference to the Catholic Pope, nobody buys/sells or goes to war without visting the Pope... research this you'll find it so.

Our very own monument in Wash DC is a copy of of the one in the Vatican.

Bussels Belgium has been the center of tracking comerce with the Beast computer that can track every transaction of comerce on an international scale.

The Bilderbergers have been planning their one world bank, ecomony since the Bayernish Illuminati.. go to their website..just type in Bilderberger.. and it will come.

The Global Governement had its constitution radified by the World Consul back in October of 2001 ... what has to happen for us to blink and say Damm things are happening.. on a global scale that certainly follows Revalations.
No: The Global Constitution allows for a standing army paid by an international tax, the constitution also allows it to be an internional law enforcer that supercedes individual nation's soverngity...
So a global government, global economy, global religion..

Oh King Juan Carlos is the Reigning King of the Holy Roman Catholic Empire, so you have a regent (and a member of the EU), the Pope himself claims to be JC incarnate on earth....
As the pope he controls the most influential commerical body on earth today ..the Vatican... you dont think so... spend some time searching on line records and trails of commerce.. nothing is bought or sold without the knowldge of the one world government..
What is left that is not yet done...
The last horn or trump that calls the last of the body of christ to heaven prior to the 7 years 3/1/2 and 3 1/2 , first half Satan and the FAlse church are let loose, last 3 1/2 years Gods tribulation of the earth..
An no one knows the exact time of this , but the signs are given to let us know it it nigh.....
Is this so hard to see or believe..

Not asking you to take my word for it.. if you care enough you'll do your own research.
Its not the gun, but the cold heart that kills....

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
Some relavant facts to concider:

The Vatican as the center of power:
Every single nation that is or was a 1st 2nd world nation/economy has given difference to the Catholic Pope, nobody buys/sells or goes to war without visting the Pope... research this you'll find it so.

Oh King Juan Carlos is the Reigning King of the Holy Roman Catholic Empire, so you have a regent (and a member of the EU), the Pope himself claims to be JC incarnate on earth....

What is left that is not yet done...
The last horn or trump that calls the last of the body of christ to heaven prior to the 7 years 3/1/2 and 3 1/2 , first half Satan and the FAlse church are let loose, last 3 1/2 years Gods tribulation of the earth..
An no one knows the exact time of this , but the signs are given to let us know it it nigh.....
Is this so hard to see or believe..

Not asking you to take my word for it.. if you care enough you'll do your own research.
Its not the gun, but the cold heart that kills....

I don't know that the present pope has actually claimed to be Jesus Christ himself. Sounds a bit like Texx Marrs non-sence. King Juan who?

the rapture occurs in chapter 14 of revelation (wheat) just prior to the seven last plagues; the slaying of millions of christians happens in chapter 13 after the advent of antichrist. (paul and Jesus say the same thing)

If it is not the christians now alive who are slain in chapter 13 then who are these people? People who suddenly come to faith at the last second? Hardly? These are people like you and me who will be refined in the fire its not judgement on us, that comes later after many of us are killed. Afterwards at the appointed time the ones who remain alive at that time (if there are any) will be caught up in the clouds together with those killed. And then the final seven plagues will come(thus you have the grapes in God's wine press).

It is those plagues that Jesus has promised to deliver us from not the antichrist as so many believe today

Finally, one last point if all the christians are going to be vaccumed out of here just prior to the trib. why are we told "This calls for patient endurance and faithfullness on the part of the saints."

Let's clean up our lives

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I GOT IT!

red beast = the commie system we'll have if hillary gets elected

the woman = hillary clinton

makes sence to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
It also speaks of the woman sitting on a city with seven hills.

Vatican City sits on seven hills.

The prophecy is about Vatican City and the Roman Catholic Church

The church is the beast.

If you look at the seven hills as seven continents it could be interpreted as the United States or some sort of World Government. Not sure about Australia, but the US has outposts on every other continent.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlbrandt

Originally posted by they see ALL
i belong to the (catholic) church... am i going to hell???

If you base your salvation on the already completed(past tense)work of Jesus Christ, then you are saved. There is nothing you can do to earn or add to salvation. Jesus did it all.

BINGO

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxomad

The church is the beast.

If you look at the seven hills as seven continents it could be interpreted as the United States or some sort of World Government. Not sure about Australia, but the US has outposts on every other continent.

Illmatic is right on....

Maxomad, the One World Government has alot to do with it. In fact some scholars I have talked too, have said that The newly translated bible will be the one religion. Remeber The Anti-christ will have All the answers, this is how he will deceive. I have been also told that he would be of political background... Not Claiming anything, just tellin everyone things I have been told, take what you want out of it.....

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Heres sumthin I read about. The Next Pope will be the Anti-Christ. Therefore the current Pope would not have implications in any of this.

Yeah I heard about that interpretation... Kinda makes a lot of sense to me. But then it would be the Anti-pope, the AC, who would prepare the field for the False prophet, and thus the False Prophet erecting

Now think about THIS... supposing that the Church goes on a severe crisis which would fatally strike it (which would correspond to the part about the Beast being fatally wounded) the False Prophet -the anti-pope- would attempt to resurrect the new Church of the AC and he would perform miracles and make the AC talk. So the anti-pope, first, would be given the powers by the Dragon (the Church, before his coming in power) and the seven "King" nations (that'd be the G7... after the fall of the US it would be the G7), as the Beast was one of those five "king" nations, he would prepare the throne (in Jerusalem) for a global tyran, the False Prophet, who would lead the NWO as a global dictatorship and punish Christians that refused to believe that he was Christ.

Never forget the "evil trinity" of the end of days... the Dragon, the Beast (Antichrist) and the second Beast (False Prophet). The relation between the AC and the false prophet would overshadow the relation between the Father and the Son, God and the Lord Jesus Christ... The Dragon would be Lucifer himself.

I read a few things about that Maitreya thing, and as you can see it on www.maitreya.org, it is said that (a false version of) Jesus will sit in the Vatican (as the Antichrist), paving the way for the crowing of the "real" Messiah of all mankind. This "maitreya" officially stated that he`s the real messiah and that Jesus is actually one of his "incarnations" -which is a terrible blasphemy, btw- and he awaits for the proper time to reveal himself to the world and become our ruler. Wacky stuff, isn't?

But anyways, that`s just speculation... what matters in all this is to have faith, share with others, love your neighbor, and cheer up!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

Originally posted by maxomad

The church is the beast.

Illmatic is right on....

Maxomad, the One World Government has alot to do with it. In fact some scholars I have talked too, have said that The newly translated bible will be the one religion. Remeber The Anti-christ will have All the answers, this is how he will deceive. I have been also told that he would be of political background... Not Claiming anything, just tellin everyone things I have been told, take what you want out of it.....

the church is not the Beast! and what's this about a false translation? NIV? that's not false! you're mistaken if that's what you consider false.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join