It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

No im just trying to be rational by suggesting some possible explanation's that are a little more down to earth.

Please dont be offended by them im just trying to be logical.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

Dont worry Im not offended at all. I went back and reread what you said and realized you were just responding to my question of way it could be faked. My fault.

Forgive my screwup there buddy

To everyone in this thread: Still nothing from the video owner yet. of course it hasnt really been that long since I wrote him. Untill then I cant wait to hear more of your opinions about these video.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Theres a few things no ones really addressing... The paper towel roll the way it flips through the air, that wouldn't happen from a string, it couldn't. The light in the attic never went off, it was more like a filter was placed on the lens, you can still see the light is on it just becomes dark.

No one said anything about the camera losing focus either, that doesn't happen to a stationary camera with out objects in the view moving, and it seemed to be a good camera, it didn't lose focus when the dogs, paper towels, or the door moved, but when nothing is moving at all it goes out of focus?

In the video with the "spirit" watch his shadow as he walks back into the room, if he edited it right he could have faked that one pretty easy, but again the picture frame it sways not just lifts, if he did that with fishing string it would lift peak and then fall back, the frame sways pendulum style.

It could be faked, but not to easily, it would take a lot more effort then others have suggested.

Although there are a few things that got me, like why he would be filming his dogs in the first video? Also why he would just set the camera down facing that particular direction and not turn it off. I can understand the other two videos, but he could just be a weird animal person to, which would also explain why he was talking to himself in the attic, I'm skeptical but by far these are some of the creepiest videos I've seen in a very long time.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The paranormal or spiritual side is illogical, it has to be, otherwise there would be a logical/rational explanation

I can't see it being a hoax though, the animals are what solidifies it for me, their behaviour is consistent with their emotions at the time.

The door - now that would be very difficult but not impossible to fake using some sort of mechanism, If it wasn't for the animals I wouldn't consider this to be real.

The guy Kevin, was online an hour or so ago, I hope he visits so he can tell us more

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My guess is they used 6LB test. Some took the bait hook line and sinker.The dog may be affraid of weather.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I do know how he could get the dogs to be terrified and the cat to be angry. I know some of you will laugh, but I think the owner could of had a vacuum cleaner off camera. My dogs were terrified of the vacuum cleaner and it took quite a while after I would get done using it to calm them down. Yes, they would go under a bed, or all of them would cram up in a crate, but they hated the dreadful vacuum. When I would take out the vacuum, their ears would fold back and they would give me those sad puppy eyes. I don't know how he did the other tricks, but I know how he got the dogs to act scared by really scaring them with a vacuum or some other thing they might be scared of.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth

No one said anything about the camera losing focus either, that doesn't happen to a stationary camera with out objects in the view moving, and it seemed to be a good camera, it didn't lose focus when the dogs, paper towels, or the door moved, but when nothing is moving at all it goes out of focus?

You know, that was something I was wondering about as well. I dont know much about cameras but is it normal for a camerea to go out of focus like that for seemingly no reason?

Im also wondering if there is anykind of video editing software that could make create this effect.

Any body know anything about video analysis? If so, please speak up!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by inspiringyouth

You know, that was something I was wondering about as well. I dont know much about cameras but is it normal for a camerea to go out of focus like that for seemingly no reason?

Im also wondering if there is anykind of video editing software that could make create this effect.

Any body know anything about video analysis? If so, please speak up!

I have no idea how to see if a videos been edited, I'm pretty sure there are members here who do know how, however he could have turned the auto focus off and it would have lost focus, but the camera didn't move at all, he'd have to use a remote, or be very gentle. There are editing programs that can use a blur filter, but I don't know if it can be faded in and out like it was.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I do know how he could get the dogs to be terrified and the cat to be angry. I know some of you will laugh, but I think the owner could of had a vacuum cleaner off camera. My dogs were terrified of the vacuum cleaner and it took quite a while after I would get done using it to calm them down. Yes, they would go under a bed, or all of them would cram up in a crate, but they hated the dreadful vacuum. When I would take out the vacuum, their ears would fold back and they would give me those sad puppy eyes. I don't know how he did the other tricks, but I know how he got the dogs to act scared by really scaring them with a vacuum or some other thing they might be scared of.

You know, you raise a very good point. I didnt think of that. The thing is that the dogs are looking up at something that seems to be scaring them. Of course it could be possible that he picked up the vaccuum. hmm..

good point. star for you.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
My guess is they used 6LB test. Some took the bait hook line and sinker.The dog may be affraid of weather.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Swingarm]

Just to make sure I understand, when you say 6 LB test, you are refering to 6 LB test fishing line, correct?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Some auto focus cameras tend to focus by themselves if there is no real focal point they are pointed at. My dad had a camera that would try to focus on other objects if someone went out of the range of the camera. He could set the camera to refocus in a certain time. With the way anything can be programmed to do what you want it to. He could of turned on and off the lights and moved the cameras. In the one video, the dogs go back into the living room and are looking at their master. I am beginning to think this is a hoax the more I think about it.
He did a very good job of hoaxing it though.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Wether its fake or not, I find these videos amazing.

my sons could have done a better job than this, no offense. what is amazing about them? they are obviously faked.

i haven't read any of the replies yet bc i wanted to give my opinion first.

VIDEO #1:

1. the paper towel roll was thrown from off the camera
2. the dogs are obviously watching someone, not something, walking around behind the camera and then following that someone *ahem* their master

in this vid i will give him one thing... the suddeness of the door opening and closing made me scream; not bc i think it was a ghost, but bc it was unexpected.

VIDEO #2:

he just happens to start video taping and then lays the camera down in the perfect position and leaves it on for no apparent reason. i am calling BS!!!

VIDEO #3:

i had already seen the first two, the guy's a doofus, and so i wasn't paying that much attention anymore.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
To me his reaction in the attic was legit. What got me was how the camera would get kinda blurry for a couple seconds at a time, both in the attic and in the living room. Like you guys said, it could be the focus but I saw it as a physical mass in front of the camera, or possibly encompassing the entire room.

As far as him just happening to have the camera pointed right where something was happening, he said he'd be filming quite a bit since the initial shadow video. So he got lucky that first time, and then after that I'm sure there was a lot of footage he shot where nothing happened. He posted the 3 that actually captured something.

He said he'd come home and the closet/attic door would be open. It's only logical that if that's true then if you put a camera facing it and leave it there, you'd probably catch it opening.

IMO the dogs are looking at something that's completely unfamiliar/frightening to them. Animals recognize people and you can tell it by their facial expressions, just like you can a person.

Either way, good videos.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by PaceIsTheTrick]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The paper towels were sitting on the coffee table the whole time until they got thrown. Unless there's some camera trickery I'd say it'd be hard for them to have been thrown from off camera

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

first off, this is a very good alternative view point to the animals acting the way they did in the 2nd view.

had a friend who rewatched the first and since i should be working, therefore not paying THAT great attention, i concede my paper towel arguement. still, the whole thing seemed pretty cheesy to me, imo.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I would like to believe it, but after re-watching more cloesly, i've become a critic.

My doubts include:

When paper towel was thrown, the dog reacted immediately. It sounded more like a recording to me than realtime. Also, how come they weren't barking before this? The door and the orb however, were very well done. Notice the thumping sound when the door moved? Could've easily been recorded at another stage & placed accordingly. The camera losing focus could be an effect used in a video editor.

The "spirit in the dark" video looked a little too conviently evil for me. At first I thought the picture movement was genuine/well done, but notice that black object underneath it. What IS that exactly??

Annnd of course the video where he goes into the attic. Had a very "set up" feel to me. Not sure how he did the dogs thing, maybe someone was blowing one of those whistles that upsets them. Only other explanation is that they're very well trained, & there is someone else behind the camera.

My three cents!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I can't view youtube videos at work, but I flagged this to watch them later tonight from home because all the talk of the way the dogs were behaving has piqued my interest. I'll also look for and link an older video I once saw on Youtube that was a guy who filmed his kitchen door out into his backyard because he wanted to know why his dog was acting so strange. I have no idea if the video was faked, but he seemed to catch some sort of orb/mist through the glass on the door, with an attempt at opening the door, and his dog absolutely freaked out seemingly being both afraid and agitated at the same time.

I will say without seeing the vids linked here yet, I take 99.99% of everything "paranormal" on youtube with a grain of salt. For every even remotely curious or interesting video there are a hundred "screamers" or a hundred teenagers running around shouting "Oh muh gaahd! What the F was that?" doing a crappy job of acting scared. There's a dude that keeps getting busted for copyright violations and just re-registers with a variant of his login name who posts literally hundreds of ghost and UFO videos from one of the many paranormal shows from Japan. (His name is shinto or shinji or something like that) Some of the vids he's put up have left me speechless, other have left me disappointed or mad at how gulible people are to even entertain the idea that they are real.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
As a photoshop editor i clearly saw editing done around the door everytime it was pushed open, there had cleary been some type of editing done. Also the ball of light is frequent in filming during daylight hours indoord due to the amount of dust that is kicked up. They are dust particles floating that the camera see's but doesnt know how to interpret. As for the dogs, well, how accommodating was it that what the dogs was looking at was off camera and everything else was on camera. This is in my opinion a ver elaborate hoax. I wont even comment on the fake glowing eyes, btw I have a set a pull out at halloween time if someone needs to borrow them for a tube video just holler. Also did you guys notice in the 3rd video how the dog reacted to the camera, the dog hates the camera, more than likely the camera has a red light on it that freaks the dog out. Basically its all a:
FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFA_______KEFAKE________FAKE__________FAKE_FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFF______FAKEFAKE_______FAKE________FAKE___FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFF_____FAKEFAKEFA______FAKE_______FAKE____FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKE__________________FAKE____FAKE_____FAKE______FAKE_____FAKE______________
FAKE_________________FAKE______FAKE____FAKE____FAKE_______FAKE______________
FAKE________________FAKE________FAKE___FAKE_FAKEFA________FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKEFAKE___________FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKEFAK____________FAKE______________
FAKEFAKEFAKEF______FAKE__________FAKE__FAKEFAK____________FAKEFAKEFAKEE_____
FAKEFAKEFAKEF______FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFA__FAKEFAKE___________FAKEFAKEFAKEE_____
FAKEFAKEFAKEF______FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFA__FAKE_FAKE__________FAKEFAKEFAKEE_____
FAKE_______________FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFA__FAKE__FAKE_________FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE____FAKE_______FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE_____FAKE______FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE______FAKE_____FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE_______FAKE____FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE________FAKE___FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE_________FAKE__FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE__________FAKE_FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEAK

[edit on 22-7-2008 by alienj]

[edit on 22-7-2008 by alienj]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yes thats right , I think it's fishing line. Some guy/gal in the closet, and the dogs are afraid of either weather or the vacuum cleaner as someone else said.
That being said my wife has seen shadow people before, twice in the same public building. I believe in the paranormal just reject this particular attempt at it.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm gonna take a stance similar to that seen on TAPs, which is trying to see if something could be explained by something other than paranormal activity. I only watched the first video but it was enough for me to say that all those things could be explained by something else.

The radio interference: The radio is off-screen, so somebody could be manipulating it in time with the other events. Alternatively, the sound could even have been added in post-production, after the fact. It's sound that we can't see eminating from a stereo or speaker system so it could be explained a number of ways. I wasn't there, so I only have the visual evidence, which isn't conclusive.

The kitchen towel moving: Could easily be done by someone hiding behind the chair and pulling it via a string.

The dogs reacting to something at the end of the video: They are reacting to and looking at something behind the camera off-screen. Because it's off-screen, it could be anyone, we can't see, so it can't be claimed as paranormal, someone could be standing there

The closet door opening and closing: The weirdest thing to me about this is that it happens in clear stages, not one smooth movement. First the handle jiggles. Well someone could have been behind the door jiggling it. Then it opens a bit and stops, then opens further and stops, and then closes. This reminds me of Ghost Hunters episode where they were on the QE2 and the bed apparently unfurled itself before they realized someone had tampered with the camera. The camera was locked off, and someone hid behind the bed, pulled it a bit, then someone paused recording, then started it again whilst someone hid behind the bed and pulled the bed clothes down further.

The same thing here. The camera is locked off so someone could have been behind the door, jiggling the handle. Then the recording was paused and re-started once someone got into the new position and the door was opened either using some string pully system, or someone could've been on the top shelf of the closet out of sight and just pushed the door open (my closet has a top shelf that sits above the door frame and a kid could easily get in there and hide from view). The recording is paused again, and a string pully system is reset to open it further (hence the non-smooth motion we see int he footage, because it's a two stage process), then the camera is paused again to reset a string pully system to close the door shut.

Is this what happened? I don't know. Do I think I could produce a similar result using the above techniques outlined? Yeah, I think I could. So on that basis, and as accepted by TAPs, you have to say that it is not conclusive evidence of paranormal activity.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFA_______KEFAKE________FAKE__________FAKE_FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFF______FAKEFAKE_______FAKE________FAKE___FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFF_____FAKEFAKEFA______FAKE_______FAKE____FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKE__________________FAKE____FAKE_____FAKE______FAKE_____FAKE______________
FAKE_________________FAKE______FAKE____FAKE____FAKE_______FAKE______________
FAKE________________FAKE________FAKE___FAKE_FAKEFA________FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKEFAKE___________FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKEFAK____________FAKE______________
FAKEFAKEFAKEF______FAKE__________FAKE__FAKEFAK____________FAKEFAKEFAKEE_____
FAKEFAKEFAKEF______FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFA__FAKEFAKE___________FAKEFAKEFAKEE_____