It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
O.k, When i first watched these videos I thought they where pretty impressive. But after spending some time re watching them i see an obvious edit in the first video Starting at 2:56 - 3:02. Look in the fireplace glass and you will see the reflection of light change position right before the dogs come back onto camera.
This alone Takes away all credibility from all 3 videos. I can say that the paper towels reflection in the table is consistant with the path it follows. I would think it was done with some type of thin wire. Right before it lifts off the table you can see a small part of the towel lifted. Examine it closely and you will see what i mean.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
IMO fake!

Like someone had said on one of the youtube comments, set up two cameras, maybe more to cover all angels so no where is unseen to prove there is no one getting the attention of the dogs.

Seems to me like there is plenty of places it could have been edited.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bro.CNiblo

Fake!

And really well done!

Fooled me for a little bit!

I wuz like WTF!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

Orb? Which window? What is the time frame?

I'm going frame by frame and see a lot of light changes, but so far no orbs.
There has been a lot of editing in this video, although he might call it clean up and light corrections.

Just the fact that the placards have been splices in tells you editing was done.

I won't make any assumptions of fake or not until I pull some stills and see what is there. It's those lighting changes that bother me most.

The dogs aren't a issue in my opinion. Some dogs being scolded by their pet owner, or even the owner lifting his hand, causes the dog to cower.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've only read a few responses, but I have my opinion and I think these are fake.

There are several items in my house that I can hold up my dogs would get "that look". One of my dogs is afraid of the dog booties. If I waved it around, they would look just like that. One of my dogs feels this way about a toothbrush. If she could hide under the bed at tooth-brushing time, she would. It could be a nail trimmer, a brush, a stuffed animal or one of a hundred items the dog doesn't understand or like.

And I found it interesting that the dogs were always looking in the general direction of the camera where we could see their expressions. Too convenient.

He placed the camera in the attic just in the perfect orientation to catch the poltergeist activity at that particular time.

Another sign, he left the camera on to take the dogs out? Again, perfectly oriented to catch the "eyes".

I definitely think these are someone having a good time.
Fun, though.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
OK, the gigantic ASCII "FAKE" thing got irritating by the second time it was put into this thread. Isn't there a less annoying way to say you don't believe the video is real?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
inspiringyouth-

Ok, the paper towel, He flipped it. He was there the whole time. Same with the camera focus. He touched the focus button.

The light - Maybe there's more then one light. One is red. Two controls. Or a dimmer.

I didn't see a picture frame.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes thats right , I think it's fishing line. Some guy/gal in the closet, and the dogs are afraid of either weather or the vacuum cleaner as someone else said.
That being said my wife has seen shadow people before, twice in the same public building. I believe in the paranormal just reject this particular attempt at it.

I agree. I would add that there was probably a person hiding in the basement behind the clutter that had fishing line attached to the pail that fell over. Everything can be explained easily. No mystery here. THe dogs could have been afraid of any item the guy was holding off camera. Someone mentioned a vacuum. Very astute!! HE could have chased phoebe the white dog under the bed with a vacuum and then she was recluctant to come out.

I disagree with some saying the guy's "acting" in the attic looked genuine. It looked staged to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Notice at 3:07 when the dogs come back in the room. They have happy dog tails. Nice and curly, not tucked.

Then at 3:41 white dog YAWNS.

I'm inclined to agree the 2:41 paper towel toss is done by a finger in the far end of the roll.

Still looking for that orb.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
While I'm doing this let's look at the next video where the 'spirit' is located in the room behind the picture.

Notice the overall darkness of the shot.
That is his shadow in the hallway.
Also anybody see any eyes in that dark area?

Right after the "Again" placard:

The video is certainly lighter.
Now we got those buggy little eyes!

Here's a third picture just so you can compare the lighting:

No eyes? Wonder where that little bugger is hiding?

[edit on 7/22/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The biggest problem I have with something like this, is the convient way the camera was always positioned on something that was manipulated. He leaves his camera in a position where it catches both the paper towel flipping, and the door opening and closing. And then moving doorknob back and forth to me, is a cliche trick to inspire fear.

In the bedroom, again, he haphazardly leaves the camera in a perfect position to once again, catch the action. And AGAIN in the attic. Why not something flipping behind or to the side or behind, where all you hear is a sound? But no, you catch the action, too.

It's like that Dan Fish-Man ufo story. When TOO many elements are just perfect, you get quite suspicious. Either this guy was incredibly lucky enough to catch all weirdness, or it's fake.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
While I'm doing this let's look at the next video where the 'spirit' is located in the room behind the picture.

The "ghost" in this video isn't in the room, nor is it referenced to have anything to do with those two lights that appear to look like eyes; those are just a coincidence.

The apparent apparition in that video actually goes in to that room in the form of a subtle, smoky black shape and as it goes the picture frame tilts.

This video is the only one I think has anything going for it. How did he fake or create that subtle black shape so well? Not sure.

All of the other videos would be far too easy to fake:

-The paper towel could have been flipped by tugging a fishing wire taped to the inside of it, the puller was hiding behind the chest.

-The door could have been opened and closed via fishing wire or similar material. The door only moves in short bursts.

-The dogs apparently looking at something conveniently located behind the camera, way too easy to fake. Could just be a dude there holding a doggy treat in the air and waving it around.

-The distortion effects are easy to pull off in post, I'm talking about both audio and video distortions.

-The shot in the attic was just too dumb. He runs up and checks things out but placed the camera down and then "investigates" right in front of camera? This looks entirely like a set up for something to happen. The red can that tips over could again easily have been pulled off by taping a wire or string to the side of it and tugging down, the tugger could be behind the mass of clutter and boxes.

He also runs directly over the camera when the red can tips over rather than down and out of the attic. Who the hell would stay in the attic if that really happened?

-And like already mentioned, all of this stuff happens in frame, in front of the camera...come on now... do the ghosts know they are being taped?

-Finally, if you look at his other videos, he has done a few little short films which mean there is precedent for him to create something like this. If all his other videos were just music videos, clips of family guy and home movie stuff, I'd be less suspicious.

All in all, very interesting footage, truly creepy but altogether fake in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Wether its fake or not, I find these videos amazing.

my sons could have done a better job than this, no offense. what is amazing about them? they are obviously faked.

i haven't read any of the replies yet bc i wanted to give my opinion first.

VIDEO #1:

1. the paper towel roll was thrown from off the camera

Im pretty sure its fake to. However The papertowels were not thrown from off camera. They were within the cameras view the whole time. But thats just nit picking on my part.

As far as your sons go. I would love to see videos they make. If they can do better than this guy Ill bet there videos are fantastic

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
OK, the gigantic ASCII "FAKE" thing got irritating by the second time it was put into this thread. Isn't there a less annoying way to say you don't believe the video is real?

I agree,

try to find a less annoying way to tell everyone you think its fake.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I think it's fake. On the first video go to 1:57 and listen closely. Just before the door opens you can clearly hear a knock as if someone just out of shot had kicked the door open! Also, why does this guy leave the radio on all day?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

Notice the overall darkness of the shot.
That is his shadow in the hallway.
Also anybody see any eyes in that dark area?

Right after the "Again" placard:

The video is certainly lighter.
Now we got those buggy little eyes!

Here's a third picture just so you can compare the lighting:

In that segment the footage those things that look like eyes werent the main part. If you watch you can see what is supposed to be or what looks like the shadow of a person walking through that door. Of course mabye those eyes are a part of it too.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Very entertaining video's. I'm not convinced either way, fake or real. They're giving me goosebumps though which modern horror movies no longer achieve, so props to the creator if they're faked.

reply to post by garyo1954

Are you suggesting there are no eyes in the first and third shot? Cause I see the eyes in all three pictures (the brightness of my screen is probably set to ridiculously high).

reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Don't some people leave the radio on to keep the dogs company?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
In the second video what is claimed as eyes are always there from the second he turns the video round to face that room to the end of the video those "eyes" are always visible so it's not what I think is being referenced as paranormal. Also, the picture frame moves after the supposed "ghost" has already gone into the room so it can't be claimed as moving due to the ghost passing in front of it, because the ghost has already gone past, unless people think there are two spirits now?

In the third video, the tin can is clearly being heled up by the stick (which to me lloks like it's the top end of a rake). When he's looking around (not very convincingly looking at that), he gives one glance over to the camera, and then his right leg can be seen to move. Once this leg moves, the stick can then be seen to move, releasing the can which then falls, so to me he could easily have triggered the can falling by pulling something with his leg that was attached to the stick causing it to fall, or somehow used this movement to cause a vibration in the floorboards that cause the stick to loosen, allowing the tin can to fall over.

Also, at 6.00, when the camera moves again to the right and it's final position, on the right hand edge of the picture, about half way up, you can see that there is something off screen that casting a shadow seen in the picture on the edge, and it is twitching as evidenced by the shadow twitching too, and then it goes out of view. This could easily be explained as his hand holding the camera or playing with the light switch which he is doing offscreen, but his shadow is caught on screen.

Either way, there's too much in these videos that is easily createable with some strings in camera, or in post production, or both. He's done a good job and clearly thought through how to pull it off, but he's not quite honed the craft enough and is leaving traceable evidence to me that this is just a couple of little effects videos, posted to get a reaction (which he's clearly got).

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Alethia, You are right. I didn't bother doing the edit since I expected to see the same thing "Again" as he said.

But yes! Those eyes are always in the picture. My error. And I accept that.

One thing it does prove: The guy has edited the video to make them visible.

Now the smoke might be worth looking at.

At the moment I'm watching the can fall in the attic. It does a slight tilt just before it does. I'll get back to that momentarily. Let me recheck the smoke.

Thanks for checking me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join