It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Has anyone seen anything with the door opening and closing yet? How was he able to open and close it like that. and move the door knob? What does everyone think?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
i noticed somethings wrong with the physics of the paper towel role in the first video. It doesn't move the way it should if it was randomly "hit" or "blown" towards the couch. It was almost as if it was "pulled" or "placed" into that particular spot in the corner of the arm of the couch . . .
Another thing right after the paper towel "moved" there is a little shift in focus in the camera almost like a very clever edit of some kind.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Has anyone seen anything with the door opening and closing yet? How was he able to open and close it like that. and move the door knob? What does everyone think?

If the door is faked, I would think they are using a wire or rod of some kind at the bottom of the door to swing it open (pushing it outwards). Notice the dog crate and the crate door are right there, where the bottom of the door swings out, partially blocking the shot.

There would be someone IN the closet rattling the nob, then pushing the door open. I found it odd that the dogs did NOT go to look at the door when it was making all that noise, or even go to look at it after it was quiet. Surely they heard it.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
some things Ive noticed about these videos

Several apparent edits.

In these videos The camerea is always convieniently placed right where the main activity is

The lights in the attic were already on (How convienient)

You can never see what the dogs are actually reacting too

with the paper towels and the can in the attic there are places for a person to hide and possibly manipulate the objects around them with out being seen by the camera.

Those are just a few things ive noticed so far. What else have you noticed?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Okay an enhanced picture of the cat:

Could be a meow since he doesn't look angry and no tail snapping.
He simply retreats to the other side of the stove as the cameraman enters the room. Could the dogs be following the cameraman?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

If the door is faked, I would think they are using a wire or rod of some kind at the bottom of the door to swing it open (pushing it outwards). Notice the dog crate and the crate door are right there, where the bottom of the door swings out, partially blocking the shot.

There would be someone IN the closet rattling the nob, then pushing the door open. I found it odd that the dogs did NOT go to look at the door when it was making all that noise, or even go to look at it after it was quiet. Surely they heard it.

I agree, My dogs would be running up to that door and barking like crazy if that happened here at my house. Well one of them would. The other would just lift his and and look then go right back to sleep

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Okay an enhanced picture of the cat:

Could be a meow since he doesn't look angry and no tail snapping.
He simply retreats to the other side of the stove as the cameraman enters the room. Could the dogs be following the cameraman?

Its very possible that the dogs were following him. Especially that black dog that was right there as he turned the corner out of the bedroom.

As far as that cat is concerned, It looks to me like its mouth isnt even open. I think it has a dark spot on its chin and it makes it look like its mouth is open in this video.

Thanks for the screen shot by the way. I was trying to figure out how to get one my self to no avail

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
About the dogs acting strange in the first video , they probably are acting that way because of the interference noise , my dogs do exactly the same those dogs did , if i put some noise in my speakers and turn it up.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
the guy cannot act!!!
what is with all these dog people? never seen a dog that is frightend to death by a stupid toy or ball? i sure have. hold it in your left hand, about where your head is, or a little higher, and it scares the dog nuts. oh and when ya hold it there while taping her, it looks like she is scared to death, genuinely frightend, of the thing by the camera mans left shoulder. that is what i saw.
the dogs act like well behaved dogs. at some point they act like well trained dogs. one acts like a dog frightened by a thing over the cameraman's left shoulder that we cannot see. so what if it is genuinely scared? of what?

the orb. my god the orb...
anyone that that was an orb ever use a video camera and know what dust is?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Thanks for the screen shot by the way. I was trying to figure out how to get one my self to no avail

Hit the print screen key (right side of keyboard) and then paste it into Paint or Photoshop or whatever (paint comes standard with all windows machines).

Regarding the "scary toy" theory, yup, that is exactly what it looks like to me too. He is exploiting his dogs fear.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Wtih todays CGI in movies and on tv, with the video editing software available to the general public who in there right mind could be fooled by this. lol Although this is def. faked I do believe videos like this have some relevance on this site. This clearly shows us how methods like this can be faked and opens the eyes of more people so that in the future they can tell videos of this quality against the real thing. So all in all I think this is a plus for ATS, lets learn from this guys and keep crap like this off our front page. I had a buddy check out ATS for the first time 2 days ago and his remarks to me said it all...and I quote... "Looks like a social site for people who forgot to take thier meds" Thats how we are percieved by the stuff that gets pushed to our front page... Lets petition ATS to give us more control so 1 or 2 people cant push a certain topic to the front page. There are flags to highlight something worth reading, lets have flags to highlight "TRASH" Thanks guy, I hope ATS is listening

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Hit the print screen key (right side of keyboard) and then paste it into Paint or Photoshop or whatever (paint comes standard with all windows machines).

Regarding the "scary toy" theory, yup, that is exactly what it looks like to me too. He is exploiting his dogs fear.

It figures it would be something as easy as that. Thanks. Im not technologically inclined at all.

as far as exploiting the dogs fears, when you put it that way it seems kind of cruel to those dogs.

The though has crossed my mind that mabye this guy is in film school. mabye he made three short movies and posted them on youtube as real just to see how believable his work is. Of course thats purely speculative.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Notice that the camera is always pointed in the right direction. Why was the roll of paper hanging over the edge of the table? Would you leave a roll with dogs loose?

Dogs are taught to react to hand signals as well as voice commands.

Who leaves a camera running?

I find the videos lack any resembalance to real paranormal experiences and I've had a few. Never thought to grab a camera. They just don't happen that way.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

The film school idea is a good one. Overall I thought the videos were very well done, and quite scary on the first watch. Especially that attic.

If you sent the guy the link to this thread he would probably enjoy the feedback.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eisenhorn

He needs one of those FLIR Ghost Hunter cameras that see heat.
They only cost $10,000

Forward Looking Infrared
I guess dogs can see ghosts.
For the guy who is in the house, tell the ghost to go to heaven.
Earth is a prison compared to heaven.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Im fixing to go to bed because I have to get up early. I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone who has posted so far. it seems that most of you
(including me). Anyway, I cant wait to read all of the posts that will no doubt be waiting for me tomorrow.

Well, back on topic....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
LOL saw the first one, didnt need to see anymore!

Youtube is nothing but fake paranormal videos or fake ufo videos these days. The frame clearly freezes as he kicks the door or whatever.
The dogs arent in the room when this happens because if they were youd know the frame freezed.

It astounds me what people will believe these days, especially on youtube.
It is extremely easyto manipulate the dogs so hes using them as props.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think they're fake.
By all means I'm not a full skeptic when it comes to ghosts, I have seen one before, but this is just my opinion on these videos.

1st video.
The way the door opens first..looks like someone inside pushes it real quick so you don't see their hand..thats why it only opens so far...the rest can be done with strings. Door handle rattle is easy from inside.
The radio is easily manipulated from someone behind the camera.
The dogs looking and following something could easily be the guy behind the camera with something in his hand waving it above his head and the dogs are just following it.

2nd video.
They little dots of light are easily made with l..e.ds or any kind of light. Reminds me of the eyes in the original Amityville horror movie.
And its a bit too convenient that he puts the camera down instead of turning it off.

3rd video.
In the room where the dog is, seems to be a doggy bed agaisnt the wall, so it could be where the dog sleeps and explains why he would be under the bed..Just a place where the dog likes to go and lay down.
BOth times when the dog walks backwards "scared".that could be explain with something the camera guy is doing... a hand signal, or is holding something the dog doesnt like ...and always gets the same reaction when he sees it.
The "Do you hear something" comment to me is just to make the story more believable.. just like in Fake UFO vids or alien abduction vids the person overacts with his breathing or "Oh SH$%'s".
When he walks around the attic, he makes sure the camera doesnt show the area behind or in front that red barrel.
He conveniently again walks to the place where the barrel gets moved, and his reaction to look almost straight at the camera and run doesn't seem right to me. You would probably jump back. Not did he get startled like someone would if that happened...Its like he knew it was going to happen.

[edit on 22/7/08 by LI(f)E.]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You all may want to take into consideration that he posted these videos under 'entertainment'. Personally I found them 'entertaining'. :-)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Okay for the can falling I'm going to post a series of 7 pictures.

In this image notice the reflection and the area adjacent to where he is standing, both in green....

In this second image you can see the reflection has moved down the can. The area adjacent to where he is standing has not changed.....

After a slight pause (one frame later), the reflection has now moved to the (bottom of the can as it tilts. Still no obvious movement in the adjacent )area....

Next frame the can begins to fall. Look at the area adjacent to where he is standing in the green outline. Can you see the ever slight change?

(Give me second to get the rest in the next post)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join