Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't believe that it is real. Until he catches something with a thermal video camera and uses it at the same time with his normal camera to show that no one else is there, I have to call it a fake.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
if this is fake i like the sound effects created when the closet door opens and closes as if some one is kicking it open and closed. something a plain old string pullling couldnt achieve.

interesting videos of you ask me

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think it's fake. On the first video go to 1:57 and listen closely. Just before the door opens you can clearly hear a knock as if someone just out of shot had kicked the door open! Also, why does this guy leave the radio on all day?

I think its fake too. but as for why he might leave the radio on all day I have an idea. My mom used to leave her TV one for her dog when she left to go somewhere. She used to think that the dog would get lonely and that the sound from the TV would keep them company. SO mabye that is why.

But like I said I think its fake. and the music from the radio makes it just that much more creepy.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I watched all 3 videos till i caught him. I was suspicious of the 1st 2. When he enters the attic, he uses a pullstring to turn on the light. The pullstring only turns on the light in the closet, not the light in the attic. The lights in the attic were already on.

Why would the lights in the attic be on already if it wasnt a setup?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have but a small thing to add wich really caught my eye.. In that last movie, with the red metalbucket, just before it moves, and during its movement, there is a :small: shadow that moves, in between the boxes infront of his foot. After looking at it like..40 times, i found it to move just like it would if there was a string attached to the barrel, and it was connected to some leverage or something. I havent found anyone else commenting this, but could u all take a quick look, just so i know that i am not the onlyone who sees this tiny lil`shadow?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eisenhorn

I noticed that as well. Watch the can this time.
Notice how the reflection changes just before it falls.
Does it looks like someone/something tightened up a pull string on it?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

but as for why he might leave the radio on all day I have an idea. My mom used to leave her TV one for her dog when she left to go somewhere. She used to think that the dog would get lonely and that the sound from the TV would keep them company. SO mabye that is why.

I can think of 2 reasons.

1. HE is familiar with EVP's drawing power from batteries so he wanted the "static" on the radio as evidence.

2. He keeps his radio tuned to a radio station for his pets while he is out.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
...kinda reminds me of when i was in my apartment in Phoenix alone, and my dog was in front of me like in the 3rd video, and he looked over my shoulder at something taller than me for a few seconds. i turn around and nothing's there! yes, it was f-ing freaky!!! i quickly went outside...

i agree that just about everything in those videos can be faked, except the dogs' reactions. and, based on my dog's reaction, which was very real and unsettling, i think all of this could be very true. i didn't need a ghost video though to know that spirits exist in multiple realms..

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I still havent heard from this guy. I have a feeling I wont. I think its interesting how the general consensus for these videos has gone from Real to Fake. I myself was on the fence at first. Then i started thinking it was real and now looking back at it, and reading all the things that others have noticed im going with fake.

Id still like to hear from this guy and see if he tries to pass it off as real and how he and his story holds up against the scrutiny of the ATS communtiy.

IF anyone else wants to send him a message and on youtube and invite him into this forum feel free. Although I dont want the guy to get bombarded with a million emails. So do what ever.

xul

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrk2012
How did he fake or create that subtle black shape so well? Not sure.

Easily. Two videos of the same scene mixed together.
The second video where he (or someone else) walks in the room is made almost invisible and then put over the first one.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

but as for why he might leave the radio on all day I have an idea. My mom used to leave her TV one for her dog when she left to go somewhere. She used to think that the dog would get lonely and that the sound from the TV would keep them company. SO mabye that is why.

2. He keeps his radio tuned to a radio station for his pets while he is out.

Glad to see we agree.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I can't view youtube videos at work, but I flagged this to watch them later tonight from home because all the talk of the way the dogs were behaving has piqued my interest. I'll also look for and link an older video I once saw on Youtube that was a guy who filmed his kitchen door out into his backyard because he wanted to know why his dog was acting so strange. I have no idea if the video was faked, but he seemed to catch some sort of orb/mist through the glass on the door, with an attempt at opening the door, and his dog absolutely freaked out seemingly being both afraid and agitated at the same time.

I will say without seeing the vids linked here yet, I take 99.99% of everything "paranormal" on youtube with a grain of salt. For every even remotely curious or interesting video there are a hundred "screamers" or a hundred teenagers running around shouting "Oh muh gaahd! What the F was that?" doing a crappy job of acting scared. There's a dude that keeps getting busted for copyright violations and just re-registers with a variant of his login name who posts literally hundreds of ghost and UFO videos from one of the many paranormal shows from Japan. (His name is shinto or shinji or something like that) Some of the vids he's put up have left me speechless, other have left me disappointed or mad at how gulible people are to even entertain the idea that they are real.

I cant wait to see your video. If you could though, I created a thread where anyone can post a video or pic and everyone can work together to determine the authenticity of each video and picture. Heres a link to that thread...

Shames less plug goes here >>>>>www.abovetopsecret.com... '

anyway, I look forward to seeing your video.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I leaning towards fake as well now, mostly due to the shadow in front of the boxes mentioned by Eisenhorn.

But, provided he managed to scare the dogs, the cat's reaction still puzzles me. It's a longhaired cat so it might be a bit tricky, but the hairs on its tail are extended right? The cat is also hissing at something located above it.

These are usually signs something has intruded its territory and the cat is trying to scare it away (at least in my cats). Cats are notoriously hard to train and I've never seen one hissing at a vacuum cleaner suspended above a cabinet. So if it's faked, why does the cat's behaviour match with the dogs'?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The cat is also hissing at something located above it.

Thats what i thought at first glance also. When i watched it again i realized that noise was the video camera focusing. pretty sure the cat lets out an inaudible meow.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symer
I leaning towards fake as well now, mostly due to the shadow in front of the boxes mentioned by Eisenhorn.

But, provided he managed to scare the dogs, the cat's reaction still puzzles me. It's a longhaired cat so it might be a bit tricky, but the hairs on its tail are extended right? The cat is also hissing at something located above it.

These are usually signs something has intruded its territory and the cat is trying to scare it away (at least in my cats). Cats are notoriously hard to train and I've never seen one hissing at a vacuum cleaner suspended above a cabinet. So if it's faked, why does the cat's behaviour match with the dogs'?

The cat has me puzzled too. one second the cat appears to be hissing and the next it looks like it wasnt. I wonder if thats just a coincidental illusion. The cat had a dark spot on its chin. mabye the angle made it appear that its mouth was open and hissing. You never actually hear the cat hiss
(atleast I havent heard it).

I dont know. What does everyone think about the cat? Was it hissing? Was it just a coincedental illusion due to the dark spot on the cats chin and the angle of the camerea combined with the fact that at that moment the footage was slightly blury?

I think I just answered my own question here, but still what does everyone else think?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well the blond dog is obviously stressed. Particularly in the first video, when she watches something above the camera and then yawns in a way that expresses anxiety. But she looks like kindov a spooky dog, it is possible she has an odd fear of some object (i.e. mask or some such thing, I have had many dogs over the years and some can be like that) that the camera man was capitalizing on.

She did not run from the object, she did not get behind the other dog for protection either. She seemed to feel compelled to remain there even though she was scared (because her owner was right there?)

Also in the third video when the dog finally comes out and then "gets spooked" and runs back under the bed she is looking right next to the camera, as if the camera man was holding the scary object in his left hand. Why didn't the camera man follow her eyes to see what scared her? Cause he knew what she was looking at.

I found it odd that he is "searching" for his missing dog with a camera. If you get home and your dog cannot be found most people would be WORRIED and they wouldn't use the video camera to search around for her.

I think he was intentially spooking that dog (which is cruel) and it is a hoax.

Cruelty aside, the videos were well done.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xul

xul, I'm going with your overlay idea here. It makes more sense. Here's a screen cap just before 'smokey' enters the room. You can still see the shadow (outlined in red) on the door frame. Those two little points of light (eyes) are visible.

Here's a screen cap just after 'smokey' enters. Looks like something is blocking those points of light (eyes).

Just an aside - I had to run the brightness on my screen out to 80 to just to see these things. It's usually at 40.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
reply to post by xul

xul, I'm going with your overlay idea here. It makes more sense. Here's a screen cap just before 'smokey' enters the room. You can still see the shadow (outlined in red) on the door frame. Those two little points of light (eyes) are visible.

Here's a screen cap just after 'smokey' enters. Looks like something is blocking those points of light (eyes).

Just an aside - I had to run the brightness on my screen out to 80 to just to see these things. It's usually at 40.

How interesting. Nice job. I didnt notice untill now that when "Smokey" walks into the room that he actually blocks the view of the "Eyes"

Nice find, buddy

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Some cats don't like certain smells and will hiss at them (smells). Some times when they smell at a scent they really like they will open their mouths and take a "taste" of the odors.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join