It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless to work 'clearing litter'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yep. Nobody gets it, do they? What is a "proper job"?

Why is everybody so damned miserable these days?

It's not an issue of material anything. It's an issue of "Is this truly good for human mental and spiritual evolution?" or are we evolving into being hopelessly dependent on soulless robotic systems, where if you aren't benefiting the whole with material gain, you can just suffer and/or die?

Did the Nazis REALLY lose the war?

Humanity is so messed up. You are way off base.

Nothing short of the Second Coming or the Apocalypse can save us now, with a bunch of apathetic people making decisions for us "jobless miscreants".

That's not a fair assertion at all, man. Sure, many people have become brainwashed and so dependent on the system that they will suckle off it without giving back just as equally, but is it right to accuse everyone without a "proper job" of being lazy parasites of society? Is it right to have complete apathy towards those that don't know any better, either? I'm a musician, a writer, a philosopher, and a man of spiritual truth... and I think THAT is my lot in life... not a "proper job" or a "proper education (indoctrination)". You wanna know what a "proper job" feels like to me?

Hell.

If you are bitter about the fact that not everyone does like a good little citizen and contributes to this ungrateful pile of dog crap that we call society, well hey man... I don't think your opinion matters anymore, because you are just a brainwashed squawk box for the Machine, and it pains me that you can't see that. I weep for humanity daily. Better pray to God for some enlightenment, because this is just insanity. Almost everyone is crazy. Don't believe me? Fine. Have fun ruining existence. I give you my permission to ruin existence. As a matter of fact, let's make it easy. Let's plead with our governments to just launch all the nuclear weapons on Earth at each other, so we may be free of this mentally and spiritually oppressive nightmare.

Ignorance is bliss! Slavery is Freedom! Lunacy is normalcy! Apathy is responsibility! Seig Heil!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Hey dunwichwitch, if it wasn't for "proper jobs" there would be no staff at your ISP. You would not be on the internet.

Forget about all your electronics, they are made with proper jobs too.

What about ATS? The owners have proper jobs.

Do you grow your own food etc? No? Someone with a proper job did. And someone with a proper job stocked the store. It goes on and on.

If you can find a creative way to earn money, thats cool. But sitting on the sidewalk asking for money is pathetic. I am not saying you do that, but to those that do, they are the problem. Do something at least.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i think a lot of ppl have gotten so over their heads in debt because of the material world trappings and have no other option but to work their poor arses off(debt=slavery)

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Why give them the jobs nobody else wants to do? Why not good jobs with decent salaries? Then you would see the welfare rolls greatly reduced and the workers would be improving the economy with the extra money they would be able to spend. Not to mention the morale of the workers would be high.

People want to give them the nastiest jobs just for punishment and to get those jobs done for free.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
While I agree that the chronically unemployed should have their benefits tied to some sort of labor for their check, I shudder at the thought of these individuals becoming beholden to the Government. Let me explain.
I, for one, have been with the same employer for 26 years and am fiercely loyal to him. Not in a stooge kind of way but I ALWAYS put the company before anything else.(except our clients). A thought to consider, what if these people do start "working" for their checks, would we now have, ala nazi Germany, block informants? True stooges politik, that know what all the rest of us detest and rat us out for whatever grievences we have against the man? Do we really want to go down that slippery slope?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I had a great idea about this...
Move all Trash to New Mexico and have all homeless go down there to start to sort the trash for recycling... Give them treatment centers, healthcare pay wages etc... basic needs stuff and there you go... You could even send non violent offenders down there along with unruly Frat boys, repeat drunk driver offenders...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
While I agree that the chronically unemployed should have their benefits tied to some sort of labor for their check, I shudder at the thought of these individuals becoming beholden to the Government. Let me explain.
I, for one, have been with the same employer for 26 years and am fiercely loyal to him. Not in a stooge kind of way but I ALWAYS put the company before anything else.(except our clients). A thought to consider, what if these people do start "working" for their checks, would we now have, ala nazi Germany, block informants? True stooges politik, that know what all the rest of us detest and rat us out for whatever grievences we have against the man? Do we really want to go down that slippery slope?

fiercely loyalty ....do you think hes as loyal...if for some reason you #ed up in life and had to say take 6months off...say after an unforseen accident...will your employer repay your "fierce loyalty" with a regular salary.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't care about the internet. It's just here in my face all the time. So I use it.

I only WISH I could go run away to the woods and survive... but unfortunately I can't because I'm far from any true wilderness, nor have I been raised in a wilderness setting, so I would pretty much die anyway.

It's people who just sit here and look around and go "yeah everything is fine except for THESE people." that really chaps my ass. I'm saying everything is not fine, please people look around because you have been hoodwinked!

I don't need to explain myself. Time will tell.

For now, I choose not to be involved with your mess. I will contribute to my family and people who are open to help, and I will do the things in life that really make me feel like it's worth living, and if I eventually get crucified by the very people I try and speak truth to, then so be it. Maybe Christ has already come several times, and the apathetic decided it was easier to let the system get rid of him than be bothered by it all. Maybe Christ says "let them learn from the suffering they will bestow upon themselves. Why should I save those who refuse to listen to the truth?"

Maybe Christ is a bum on the street that you look down upon because he isn't amassing material things, like you. Maybe the very things you seek are meaningless. Maybe you have no clue what meaning is.

Maybe you will crucify every Christ who comes and speaks truth. Maybe there are thousands of Christs walking around, being looked down upon and spit upon because they don't want what average society wants. What good is money if it makes you miserable? That's what I want to know. Why should I give a damn about it? Money sucks! I hate it! It does not motivate me... do you hear me or even care??? It makes everyone greedy and apathetic and narrow minded and fearful. Once again, I ask you... what good is a system that forces you to live off it, while feeding you propaganda, so you don't even dare question when it rapes you of your true liberty and your true happiness in place of a plastic fallacy of truth? I don't give a damn about all these conveniences. They make me feel prisoner. They are the silent dictators of our lives. We've all been fooled.

Wake up and feel the sorrow of your fellow man, or be forever doomed to destroy yourselves. I forgive you, if the latter is the case.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Why give them the jobs nobody else wants to do? Why not good jobs with decent salaries? Then you would see the welfare rolls greatly reduced and the workers would be improving the economy with the extra money they would be able to spend. Not to mention the morale of the workers would be high.

I think you are missing the entire point of the program. The idea is to make long-term unemployment uncomfortable, so those who are depending on it as an alternative to working will decide to get those higher-paying jobs. In the meantime, some use is being made of the ones who don't get the hint by at least cleaning up the side of the road.

Government doesn't make jobs. Government doesn't make anything except laws and regulations. Private businesses make things and therefore make jobs. If someone is good at doing their job, and it is a highly-valued job, they can demand more money. If someone is untrained and unexperienced, or if they can only do the same job as everyone else, they can't make any demands (and keep their job) and therefore make less money.

Where do you think the money comes from to 'pay' these people? It is coming from the pockets of the average workers. Take a look at your paycheck (or a friend's if you are part of the problem) and see just how much money is already gone before they get anything. That's gone to pay for all these little social programs to keep people happy while they sponge their livelihood off of society. You want even more taken away from those who work? Just to pay more to someone who has to be told "If you wanna sit home all day you don't get any money"? Sheesh.

If you want a high-paying job, you have to do something to get it. Something beside being a bum.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jay303

Don't pretend you know anything about me, I've had that happen and got paid my FULL wages while I've spent time in a hospital bed. More than once.
I've also been given a brand new vehicle, free and clear, and a newly built house at 70% off of of market value. Loyalty doesn't come without a price.
And paying a price to people that have nothing else will sureley engender some extreme loyalty to a Government that is doing nothing but keeping them on the dole.

[edit on 7/21/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i haven't read all the prior posts, but i just have one question that comes up:

how can one be looking for a job while they are cleaning litter?
it's competitive out there and you need to answer ads as soon as they appear to get into the HR list.

not that helping clean up garbage is a bad thing, but it's one or the other as for job hunting.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have a theory....

We're currently squaring up to Iran for a fight & it could result in World War 3....

How could the UK raise a conscripted army when 4 million adults of fighting age are being paid "incapacity benefit" by the government for being unable to work?

The government are basically admitting that they have some degree of disability, & so are giving them a cast iron way out of signing up....

So..... stop incapacity benefit so that they are no longer legally unfit, & therefore they can be forced to go & fight.

Hows that for a tin foil hat conspiracy theory?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The one thing people are missing is that you do not have to claim these benefits in the first place. The whole point of this system is to make sure scabs get the hell out.

Drug addicts are also being targeted, with the government expecting them to declare their problem and to embark on treatment in return for benefits.

If you want to be a total bum you are free to do so, but no free money for you.

Oh no conspiracy!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is all nothing but the tip of the iceberg for a controlled police state. As if the millions of cameras watching every persons move wasn't enough. Now the government is trying to test the waters on the basic freedoms of every individual treating the average joe like a criminal telling them what they can and can't do.

People ..the government works for you. You tell them what to do! If we didn't have the status quo mentality and actually stood up for ourselves instead of being mindless drones that love being controlled acting like a sheep going to the slaughter things will never change.

Telling a person what they can and can't do? Forcing someone into forced labor without his or her consent is exactly what things like the MAGNA CARTA, the CONSTITUTION, THE CHARTER ON RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS ect is suppose to protect.

This is not NAZI Germany. This is 2008. You would think we would have learned by our past mistakes.

When we have people agreeing with this sort of thing it is because all it is is a bait and switch.

The system is a game you can either choose to play ball and win or stay ignorant and be an appeaser to the masses.

[edit on 7-21-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What about someone like me?

I am unable to be outside of the house for longer than half an hour without having at least three alcoholic drinks.
I manage to go to the pub once a week for a few hours and then the only way i can stand to stay is to get absolutely wasted.
I am on a pill to wake me up in the morning, one to put me to sleep at night, and a drug generaly used to treat schitzophrenia.
I also have to see a councilor weekly and a psyciatrist monthly.
I have been fird from every job i have ever had due to my problems the last due my smashing a computer monitor on the floor becuase i lost it over a bad caller i had (I was working telesales).
I have no friends, no girlfriend, and almost zero social skills.

I would love to have a girlfriend and friends and a good career, but although my inteligence is rather high, my social ability is catastrophically low.

Now how am i supposed to get a job when it takes hours of psycing myself up to leave the house and when i do i need to drink to stay out of the house, i cannot concentrait for long periods of time and i can lose my temper with things easily.
So unless the government can find me a job which i can do wasted and it doesn't matter if i lose it and smash a few things and i dont have to be around too many people for too long then by all means i will work.

But until a job like that exists what the hell am i supposed to live on if my benifit is taken away?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Nobody reads the source article. What is the point in even trying to have a discussion.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

After a year of claiming unemployment benefits, people will be handed over to private firms. Each person will have to meet a personalised programme for training, voluntary work and job interviews. Those refusing to take part will face losing their benefits.

After a year on unemployment benefits, claimants will have to undertake at least four weeks compulsory work in the community. This becomes full-time voluntary work after two years. It is hoped that this will push people back into paid work as they will have to work at least 30 hours a week unpaid simply to claim benefits. They may also have to sign on daily.

The whole point of this idea is to get rid of the people abusing the system. If you do not want to participate, you do not have to.

OH MY GOD POLICE STATE.

If you do not participate, you simply do not collect any free money. You can keep selling crack! Turning tricks! And gambling.

POLICE STATE.

If you are already a total scab not collecting benefits they are not going to round you up and make you pick up garbage.

Claimants will have to undertake rigorous medical assessments to determine what types of work they can undertake.

This is the grey zone. This is the area you have to worry about. What do they consider fit to work? This is where you could have a problem. You can complain about this area all you want, but all the police state nazi germany boo hoo haha zomg wtf omg bbq is ridiculous.

Source

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

i personaly think that this is a great idea. make those on welfare work for it, i have to go to work every day to support my family. i dont think that it hurts them to have to earn something than to just recieve a handout.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wow

The reap and sow principle always applies. You do indeed reap what you sow. Plant no seed and you reap nothing but weeds. Contribute nothing to society and you will get nothing back. Ask society to provide for you and you can not fault them for asking for something in return. Demand society provide for you when you give nothing in return and you deserve nothing.

As to the mentally ill among us, and I'm sure there are more than a few here, I'd agree that we as a society should provide for them along with the infirm among us. If we do not, then we are in the wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join