It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists: 9 Iranians Convicted of Adultery Set to Be Stoned to Death

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:
sty

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

they did not only remained a nation (IRAN) but they remained a pre-medieval nation! Religion reform never happened there as we had after 15th century..

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil

Originally posted by mystiq

Originally posted by metro
I'm really freakin' laughing out loud here. Everyone here screaming "Barbarians! Savages! We are more civilized than them!"

Yeah, except for the fact that the US electrocutes and injects 10 times as many people per year.

They're allowed to do whatever they want to do because they are a sovereign nation capable of revolution and change if they deemed appropriate.

Get off your high horse.

I have never believed in capital punishment, and consider the practice barbaric in itself, however, there is a difference between reserving it for murder cases, and using it things that are no business of the government (which must be secular and have no tie to any form of religion as religion is a personal choice), or actually of anyone else. Sexual orientation is really no ones business. Nor is adultery.

Again its not the business of your governemnt...Iran isnt perfect but its been around a hell of alot longer than the USA and has survived...so before making judgements look at how long your *governemnt* has been around,look at iran and you will see its oranges and apples.Dont agree with whats they are doing....but the fact they have reamined a nation as long as they have says something....

Is mystiq speaking for the "government"? LOL. What I got from the post is she doesn't believe that women who were actually raped should be convicted of adultery and then stoned to death. Got a problem with that?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by Lethil

Originally posted by mystiq

Originally posted by metro
I'm really freakin' laughing out loud here. Everyone here screaming "Barbarians! Savages! We are more civilized than them!"

Yeah, except for the fact that the US electrocutes and injects 10 times as many people per year.

They're allowed to do whatever they want to do because they are a sovereign nation capable of revolution and change if they deemed appropriate.

Get off your high horse.

I have never believed in capital punishment, and consider the practice barbaric in itself, however, there is a difference between reserving it for murder cases, and using it things that are no business of the government (which must be secular and have no tie to any form of religion as religion is a personal choice), or actually of anyone else. Sexual orientation is really no ones business. Nor is adultery.

Again its not the business of your governemnt...Iran isnt perfect but its been around a hell of alot longer than the USA and has survived...so before making judgements look at how long your *governemnt* has been around,look at iran and you will see its oranges and apples.Dont agree with whats they are doing....but the fact they have reamined a nation as long as they have says something....

Is mystiq speaking for the "government"? LOL. What I got from the post is she doesn't believe that women who were actually raped should be convicted of adultery and then stoned to death. Got a problem with that?

Well now...someone is just posting nonsense instead of addressing the issue at hand...very typical...boring...and not expected in the least....

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

They elected a moderate government years ago, and the US, CIA, rid them of their government and helped put the Ayatollah Humani in instead. So they can shove it sideways before they have any right to interfer.

Other way around.

The US overthrew President Mossadegh of Iran in 1953 and replaced him with the Shah, a dictator with a smile on his face and hand full of candy, but a dictator nonetheless.
en.wikipedia.org...

Why? Iran threatened to privatise it's oil industry, hence the US would be forced to pay escalating prices for oil and loose influence over the control of a key resource.
Sound familiar? lol

After the Shah tortured thousands upon thousands of dissidents with his CIA-styled secret service, the SAVAK, and killed plenty too I'm sure he set about reforming Iran into a Western-style democracy.
He basically walked, talked and acted like an American and wanted all Iranians to follow suit.

Good for liberalism and freedom you might say but he lost touch with the common Iranian, he spat on Iran's traditions and way of life that had existed for thousands of years and not only that, silenced anyone who objected.

Hence again, the Iranian Revolution of 1979. en.wikipedia.org...

Knock Iran's legal system and religion all you like, but don't say they have they have no reason to fear or have disdain for America.

If it weren't for your guys they'd probably be the Middle East's first true, organic democracy right now.
American turned back the clock about 60 years with their overthrow and in doing so, set the stage for those nutjobs to take power who are executing adulterers today.

Don't blame Iranians or Islam for their government's warped stance on corporal punishment.
Blame the USA.

I just can't help but laugh at people who completely turn a blind eye to how America sowed the seeds for hatred and vengeance in the past, and then look at other countries as if they were just born yesterday and say: "What the hell is wrong with you guys?"

I didn't realise Amnesia was contagious

Hypocrisy reigns yet again it seems.... I wonder, does anyone take notice of that banner up there?
Deny Ignorance?

DO IT.

[edit on 24/7/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Err, speaking of being born yesterday... Sorry couldn't resist that.

America has been the first country to go to the aid of others in trouble and there's a lot more that is right about America than is wrong.

You seem quite fond of Iran, are you planning to vacation there soon? Australian troops are embedded in Iraq, but that shouldn't make you anymore of a terrorist target than an American.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

America has been the first country to go to the aid of others

Referring to which period of time exactly....
And to aid who?

Iraq?
Afghanistan?
Oh yeah, they got some "serious aid" right up the tail pipe didn't they?
I bet the Iraqis are appreciating all warm love and tender care their getting, there's only been what close to 1 million civilian deaths?
The average person doesn't have access to clean water or enough food and has to worry that a 500 pound bomb is going to drop on their heads while they sleep at night.

Is that your idea of aid?

Lol, I can see somebody has been watching a little too much CNN and Faux News.

What is it with you, don't they let you out of the nursing home during daylight hours?

You seem quite fond of Iran, are you planning to vacation there soon?

I'm fond of freedom mate and fond of enlightenment.
And to a lesser extent correcting the ignorant.

And to that end I have nothing else to say to you, I've already corrected all your warped perceptions and all you seem to do is dodge my points like a silver bullet and then say:

"Ahhh your just some punk kid aren't ya, if I was your mother I'd give you your comeuppance blah blah senile drivel blah, etc..."

Give it a rest old timer, your going to give yourself a heart attack.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Bombeni

And to aid who?

Iraq?
Afghanistan?
I bet the Iraqis are appreciating all warm love and tender care their getting, there's only been what close to 1 million civilian deaths?
The average person doesn't have access to clean water or enough food and has to worry that a 500 pound bomb is going to drop on their heads while they sleep at night.

What is it with you, don't they let you out of the nursing home during daylight hours?

And to that end I have nothing else to say to you, I've already corrected all your warped perceptions and all you seem to do is dodge my points like a silver bullet and then say:

"Ahhh your just some punk kid aren't ya, if I was your mother I'd give you your comeuppance blah blah senile drivel blah, etc..."

Arrggg, "matey", long time no hear. I like how you pick and choose which posts to answer by the way. You didn't elaborate on why you changed your birthdate today, that's ok I understand. Sometimes it's best to hope that most people didn't notice it, so why would you keep the subject going. Smart thinking. I'm just waiting for you to say your daddy can beat my daddy up.

Which period, well, that would be the modern age dufus. As far as the Iraq invasion, I don't like it, but your country was right there on the front lines sonny boy. Now, I will go on to say that I have come full circle where the Iraq invasion is concerned. It was a poor move. However sometimes you can make lemonade out of lemons, but the Iraq people have done next to nothing to help themselves become a country of free people when they had the chance. But then, I know, it's their culture and they like it that way and that is fine. I only know that if the muslim girls and women were suddenly told they are free to leave and find refuge in the USA, that ships and planes are waiting to carry them out, there wouldn't be enough ships and planes to hold them all. That's where I'm coming from junior. Well gotta go, I hear they're serving liver tonight and don't want to miss out. Gotta find my teeth first.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Oh one other thing before I hit the dining room: do you really think anyone actually reads all that drivel you write? I don't even read it. You string a lot of words out but you don't really make a VALID point, just kiddy stuff, the result of years cooped up in a bedroom just you and your computer. You need to get a social life, as I suggested, try volunteering a shelter or something. DO something with your life. It is sad how the teenagers today are completely mesmerized by a virtual reality. It's not real life. And it shows.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Being from North America I can not condone this sentence,but it is up to Iran to make reforms , it wont be easy for them to make these changes, as it is deeply rooted in their religious beliefs.
Some will want to display this as shocking or some revelation ,but this has been going on for a very long time. The regime in Iran has shown that it is beginning to make changes ,but it will take along time to occur.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KoldAcadian

For me, it is very hard to accept that. Can you imagine that while sleeping with your roommate but she all those moments thinking to her man whom she used to sleep with. If it is like that then it is meaningless for you!! What you think?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

modern day christians going to hell? maybe you should catch up on the times, just a thought.,

get a clue whats going on and then comment. modern day christians as you say are under the new covenant, mercy not sacrifice, so before you bring something like that to the table, know what youre talking about.

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Bombeni

And to aid who?

Iraq?
Afghanistan?

Arrggg, "matey", long time no hear. I like how you pick and choose which posts to answer by the way. You didn't elaborate on why you changed your birthdate today, that's ok I understand. Sometimes it's best to hope that most people didn't notice it, so why would you keep the subject going. Smart thinking. I'm just waiting for you to say your daddy can beat my daddy up.

Which period, well, that would be the modern age dufus. As far as the Iraq invasion, I don't like it, but your country was right there on the front lines sonny boy. Now, I will go on to say that I have come full circle where the Iraq invasion is concerned. It was a poor move. However sometimes you can make lemonade out of lemons, but the Iraq people have done next to nothing to help themselves become a country of free people when they had the chance. But then, I know, it's their culture and they like it that way and that is fine. I only know that if the muslim girls and women were suddenly told they are free to leave and find refuge in the USA, that ships and planes are waiting to carry them out, there wouldn't be enough ships and planes to hold them all. That's where I'm coming from junior. Well gotta go, I hear they're serving liver tonight and don't want to miss out. Gotta find my teeth first.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Bombeni]

Personal attacks won't help you prove your point

Anyways the idea that the Iraqi people have done next to nothing to help themselves
en.wikipedia.org...

Do you know how many people died in that uprise?? Why didn't America help the Iraqi people instead of selling more weapons to Saddam for oil contracts??

Just 12 years ago, the Shiite Muslims who constitute a majority in Iraq and in the city of Baghdad were betrayed by the United States -- an act that may have cost them as many as 100,000 lives. That recent history -- of which the Shiites are understandably a good deal less forgetful than we -- explains why the Shiites in the south initially greeted invading American and British forces with a good deal more reserve than expected. And as the continuing turmoil in southern towns and cities makes clear, building a democratic state in Iraq over the long term will depend to a large degree on how strong and lasting a trust we can build among these people.

The spontaneous Shiite uprising of 1991 consumed the southern part of Iraq right up to the approaches to Baghdad. Rebels came to U.S. troops, who were then deployed in the Euphrates Valley, begging for U.S. intervention. The Shiite political parties sent emissaries to the few Americans who would see them. To this day, I am haunted by the desperation in the appeals made to me by one group, as they realized time was running out for their countrymen.

www.washingtonpost.com...

America betrayed them, why should they trust them now?? Doesn't make sense, why shouldn't they believe that America only invaded Iraq to control it's oil field. Iraq will endup like vietnam and at the end the force opposed to America will win, ummm let me guess the Iranian backed government, they already kissing each others nuts. Leave them alone, let them solve their own problem. Iran can help Iraq much more than America can but noooooo Iran is treated like the USSR now, America doesn't give a dooo dooo about the Iraqi people, it's the American interests they are concerned about

Fire Breathing Terrorists lolxx

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Ownification]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Bombeni

Oh one other thing before I hit the dining room: do you really think anyone actually reads all that drivel you write? I don't even read it. You string a lot of words out but you don't really make a VALID point, just kiddy stuff, the result of years cooped up in a bedroom just you and your computer. You need to get a social life, as I suggested, try volunteering a shelter or something. DO something with your life. It is sad how the teenagers today are completely mesmerized by a virtual reality. It's not real life. And it shows.

Trust me many people read his comments that's why he gets more stars than you, don't worry you'll be dead in couple of years than the new generation will take over, they are not fanatic right wing patriots like their dadies unfortunately, the cyber world allowed to them to think freely

Once again personal attacks, social life lolxx

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

reply to post by Bombeni

Trust me many people read his comments that's why he gets more stars than you, don't worry you'll be dead in couple of years than the new generation will take over, they are not fanatic right wing patriots like their dadies unfortunately, the cyber world allowed to them to think freely

Oh I don't doubt that he has garnered a few "mateys" from down under over the past 4 years he has spent on this website, since he was 15 years old, I mean let's hope so. I notice you are another fellow Aussie in the same age range I am sure. What were my two sons doing at 15? They were working construction jobs after school and on weekends. One Saturday a month they volunteered with a United Way program that does minor repairs and lawn cleanup for elderly shut-ins. Oldest graduated at the top of his class from The Univ. of Oklahoma with a degree in construction management, is a superintendent now for one of the largest commercial construction companies in the world. The youngest who just turned 26 already has his plumbers license and he too works for the same company. Solid, rounded citizens who show respect to people, especially people older than them. Those are the kind of people I pray will be running things down the road, not rude-mouthed computer junkies who have never worked an honest day in their lives, nor know anything about the real world. You've learned to be a big boy behind a computer screen, but in real life I'd bet you can't even muster a "hello, how are you today" and the same goes for your matey. I've been in public ed longer than you've been alive and can spot a misfit a mile away. You just joined the club.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Fifty percent of the planet is women, only because more women are born than men. If they weren't, it would be more like 10 percent women, the rest men. Wait till they find out that this was not God's idea of cherishing, protecting and loving their wives and that the entire idea of stoning women in the first place, was a man-made concept that had nothing to do with what God wanted for His people. Somebody with alot of clout, got up on the wrong side of the bed one morning, a few thousand years ago, decided women sucked, and the rest is history.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

reply to post by Bombeni

Oh I don't doubt that he has garnered a few "mateys" from down under over the past 4 years he has spent on this website, since he was 15 years old, I mean let's hope so. I notice you are another fellow Aussie in the same age range I am sure. What were my two sons doing at 15? They were working construction jobs after school and on weekends. One Saturday a month they volunteered with a United Way program that does minor repairs and lawn cleanup for elderly shut-ins. Oldest graduated at the top of his class from The Univ. of Oklahoma with a degree in construction management, is a superintendent now for one of the largest commercial construction companies in the world. The youngest who just turned 26 already has his plumbers license and he too works for the same company. Solid, rounded citizens who show respect to people, especially people older than them. Those are the kind of people I pray will be running things down the road, not rude-mouthed computer junkies who have never worked an honest day in their lives, nor know anything about the real world. You've learned to be a big boy behind a computer screen, but in real life I'd bet you can't even muster a "hello, how are you today" and the same goes for your matey. I've been in public ed longer than you've been alive and can spot a misfit a mile away. You just joined the club.

Nope I not once had a conversation with The Godfather of Conspira, I merely read his posts like you read the newspaper. I like his honesty and integrity. We are not buddies because I have never met him nor chat with him. If I knew him in real life, it would be great since he sounds like a great individual.

No I'm not from Australia, pretty close though, I live in the small nation of NZ under Australia. I'm 18, next year I'll be 19, same age range don't know because I don't know how old he is.

That's a very good story about your sons, wanna hear about my life story lolxx. I was born in a wartorn country(Afghanistan), heard rocket noises all my life, came to NZ 7 years ago looking for an opportunity. Got the opportunity, studied hard, partied hard
tried all types of drugs + alchohol which never stoped me from pursuing the opportunities given to me in NZ. Now I'm doing my degree through scholorship in Electronic and Computer Engineering. Currently studying in Auckland University which is recognized internationaly, I can come and work in the US once finished my degree (no hustle).

Once again about your personal insults lolxx, computer junkies ahhh we run the future, all you have is hope but these computer junkies have the future most of the old junkies know it
no I'm not a foul mouth but I can become one when talking to an individual like you. I never disrespect my elders, that's one of the good things about my culture (unfortunately my culture doesn't take in to consideration old junkies in cyber space )

People like me have much more experience in real world and hard labour. When I was 11 I worked in a dairy for 3 dollers an hour (rip off??). Yes it was since it was 3 NZ dollers, worked everyday including holidays for three years, you want hard labour?? I work in my dads farm when I was 8 (Afghanistan), cut the crop, put it on my back and take it to the destination (we had to make our own food from ground up just to survive another day). Wake up every morning 6 am and pull water from the water well (had no running water). At 9 I worked in the brick industry, making bricks all day. Hard Labour lolxx.. You should be proud of your kids and yourself and your country but not your government
I lived the hard life and left my country, my relatives and my people because of your government and the games they were playing in 1900s with USSR. Both of them responsible for the misseries my people faced, all the deaths, all the torcher etc etc.

By the way don't judge people you don't know
and personal insults won't help your prove your point

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Computer junkies running the future? I hardly think so. You see these teenagers who have grown up isolated with just a computer as their social contact have a host of social inadequacies. I have worked with a study group on this very subject. It is a problem that is just simmering now but is expected to have diverse impacts on the mental health of this generation as they mature and are expected to become viable adults. Computers have their purpose but babysitting kids is not one of them. There are many psychologists currently becoming accredited in IAD (internet addisction disorder). Read up on it. However you may have had enough real-world experience that you won't be affected. But say, I can't help but wonder, exactly what kind of crop was your old man growing, you know the one you carried on your back in Afghanistan. I hear the poppy business is booming there.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Ownification

Computer junkies running the future? I hardly think so. You see these teenagers who have grown up isolated with just a computer as their social contact have a host of social inadequacies. I have worked with a study group on this very subject. It is a problem that is just simmering now but is expected to have diverse impacts on the mental health of this generation as they mature and are expected to become viable adults. Computers have their purpose but babysitting kids is not one of them. There are many psychologists currently becoming accredited in IAD (internet addisction disorder). Read up on it. However you may have had enough real-world experience that you won't be affected. But say, I can't help but wonder, exactly what kind of crop was your old man growing, you know the one you carried on your back in Afghanistan. I hear the poppy business is booming there.

The world's richist man is a computer junkie

I'm gussing you are confusing online game addicts with members of this forum, there is a massive difference between the two. People in this forum are here to find the truth since I'm sure the majority does not trust the world media which is used for political propaganda therefore they turn to blogs and forum. If you call any individual here an online junkie, than you sir would also be categorized as one since you are here discussing personal issues with me as if you got nothing else to do

umm IAD was a hoax made by Ivan Goldberg. People who don't know how it was originated still believe it's some type of addiction. Yes there is addiction when it comes to online Gaming which many agree but other than that
. We don't come here to socialise, but to discuss the issues around the world which is falsely reported through the media. Since we are not here to socialise there is no threat of addiction.

In June 2007, the American Medical Association declined to recommend to the American Psychiatric Association that they include IAD as a formal diagnosis in the 2012 edition of the DSM.[7] Instead, their toned-down response recommended further research of "video game overuse."

en.wikipedia.org...

No my papa didn't grow poppy, we grew wheat in our fields. If you knew the history of Afghanistan you would have known that once Afghanistans biggest export was wheat. That changed when your government gave money and weapon to Osama and his gang, which allow them to take over the country. Your government's forein policy has lead to many sufferings around the world excluding my country.

OHH yeah if you ever get the time to look at an Afghani flag you will notice that it has two branches of wheat somewhere in there, freaky

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join