It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists: 9 Iranians Convicted of Adultery Set to Be Stoned to Death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
at the end of the day,
killing someone with rocks is completely barbaric...

(that's just my take on it)

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

as opposed to electrocuting them or giving them poison huh

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think all the posters should study psychology and understand how humans were created to be treated, the punishments that islam strickens upon its people are soul murdering. All humans deserve the right to love and be loved... The Iranian Government wants to believe in a corrupt religion of severe torturing for things that should be handled much different. Psychology is the key to the true religion folks, because something you cannot change about all of us is we are all human and our minds and souls all work the same as far as the way they are treated is concerned. Phsycially they are different because of chemicals but those chemicals are influenced by the mind and what it wishes to do.

I hope the U.S. takes care of the fearful primates in the Iranian Government... They are primitive and lack the capacity of love and understanding. Im not sure why they have even lasted this long in Government.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
at the end of the day,
killing someone with rocks is completely barbaric...

(that's just my take on it)

Right because we're so much more humane....

You do realise lethal injections are anything but peaceful and serene deaths?
It's been statistically proven, that most inmates do not lose complete consciousness even after all the paralytic agents have been applied, they are still mentally aware of their surroundings and what's happening they simply cannot respond to them because their muscles are completely paralysed.

www.sciam.com...
medicine.plosjournals.org...

Lethal Injections are designed to give the illusion of a peaceful, humane death but are anything but peaceful.
Why do you think they use paralytic agents at all if the barbiturates are supposed to knock the condemned out?

It's because if they didn't, the person would be trashing around on the gurney violently for several painful minutes before they succumbed.

Tell me, which would you prefer; a big stone cracking your skull or.. feeling your heart and lungs slowly seizing up to the point where you can breathe and then painfully asphyxiating for a minute with no way to express your pain?

It's like comparing Hitler to Stalin in my opinion, neither is better.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Kinda funny that the UN human rights reports, much of Europe, and human rights leaders like Libya are constantly criticizing the US for using the death penalty in cases of murder etc...

I anxiously await the next UN human rights report that will criticize the execution of these people, without any proper defense, for the horrific capital crime of... adultery.

Oh wait... it's not going to show up in any reports, kinda like no one takes any action against Sudan or Zimbabwe and their huggable leaders.

Too busy shouting "Death to America" I guess... oh well.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Stoning?...Honestly were are peoples heads?...i mean this sort of thing went out in biblical times didnt it?...it wasnt right then and it sure aint right now...Im disgusted with human behaviour all over the world not just in Iran either,moer close to home aswell!..Every single being on this planet has alot of making up to do and it aint gonna happen in any of our lives.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Tell me, which would you prefer; a big stone cracking your skull or.. feeling your heart and lungs slowly seizing up to the point where you can breathe and then painfully asphyxiating for a minute with no way to express your pain?

It's like comparing Hitler to Stalin in my opinion, neither is better.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Take a look at the picture in this link then get back to me on which YOU would choose. The instructions for stoning are "the rocks must be big enough to cause pain but small enough so that they don't kill you too soon." Those middle easterners are beyond the realm of cruel imo. At least in the US if someone is executed, it is to atone for a very serious crime of murdering another human being. How can something as simple as being suspected of an affair justify having rocks thrown at you until your dead? Those people are monsters, they are barbaric and live in the 7th century. We could have helped them, but they don't want help. That is why Saddam was the best thing that ever happened to Iraq. He kept the peace, he ended centuries of fighting. They actually want some badass to be lurking over them.

www.westernresistance.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by StefanO
Hey! If you believe in the old testament, the Torah or the Koran, thats what the book says.........Either believe it, or shut up!

LOL I'm sure glad your not in any form of power

In neither a leader or religious in any way shape or form, merely pointing out the inconsistencies and the hypocricy that is religion.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Take a look at the picture in this link then get back to me on which YOU would choose.

I already told you. Neither.
It's like saying:
Do you want to die in a fire or be crucified?
Do you want to eat live roaches or cow dung?
Do you want 2 supermodels or 2 Miss Universes?

There's little distinction in my opinion, because either alternative is about the same on my scale and would be for most reasonable people.

Your missing the point either way, you claim we're more civilised then they are, we're not. We simply give that illusion by sugar-coating everything.

Those people are monsters, they are barbaric and live in the 7th century.

Then let them.
If you care so little for them and consider them barbaric "monsters" then why are you getting all bent out of shape?

What's with all the empathy tough guy?

They actually want some badass to be lurking over them.

You mean like you have in the States now?
Again look at your own backyard real closely before adopting the "Holier-than-thou" attitude.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Take a look at the picture in this link then get back to me on which YOU would choose. The instructions for stoning are "the rocks must be big enough to cause pain but small enough so that they don't kill you too soon." Those middle easterners are beyond the realm of cruel imo. At least in the US if someone is executed, it is to atone for a very serious crime of murdering another human being. How can something as simple as being suspected of an affair justify having rocks thrown at you until your dead? Those people are monsters, they are barbaric and live in the 7th century. We could have helped them, but they don't want help. That is why Saddam was the best thing that ever happened to Iraq. He kept the peace, he ended centuries of fighting. They actually want some badass to be lurking over them.

www.westernresistance.com...

I agree with you, death is too harsh for adultery. I have signed the petition linked to above for the case listed in at the link (with my real forename).

The parts of the text I'd like to draw peoples attention to though, is that it shows that the law in Iran can be challenged and even by women. To say Iran is dictatorial and without equality would be to discount the text to which you've linked.

Something people tend to forget is that we in the West so easily scorn other (non Western) modes of governing societies that we forget to look at contrary evidence for our scorn. I'm not shy to say that the most scornful would be the British and Americans. Perhaps we have too many of our own social problems to be able to face them more readily than we quickly point and jeer at others' ways. Perhaps we do so to let ourselves know just how much more we are better off than them.

[edit on 21/7/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Dear Lady--

If you had to choose, you would just as soon be half buried and have rocks big enough to hurt but not kill right away thrown at you. Ok got it. As far as lethal injection, it is similar to being put to sleep for major surgery except you never wake up. There are a handful of people who claim they knew what was going on during surgery, but they were having surgeries performed. LI stops the heart. There is a big difference. But the biggest difference is the US executes for heinous crimes not for having sex before marriage.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm really freakin' laughing out loud here. Everyone here screaming "Barbarians! Savages! We are more civilized than them!"

Yeah, except for the fact that the US electrocutes and injects 10 times as many people per year.

They're allowed to do whatever they want to do because they are a sovereign nation capable of revolution and change if they deemed appropriate.

Get off your high horse.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

So witch burnings & pogroms a couple centuries ago don't tell us anything inherent about Christianity, but stonings tell us all we need to know about Islam.

Sure... history started last week, and anything that happened before then can be safely ignored.

"I stopped beating my wife last week, obviously I'm a great guy now"

If stoning is somehow endemic to Islam itself, why doesn't it occur regularly in modern industrialized Islamic societies like Turkey, only backwards ones like Iran and the hinterlands of Pakistan?

Perhaps extremist interpretations of religious law like this have more to do with poverty and general cultural backwardness than they do with a particular religion?

But that doesn't make a good propaganda point when you're trying to get people revved up for a war, I guess

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh what a great nation of peace loving individulas. What an great government that surely the rest of the world can believe every word they utter. I mean how can we not trust them, look how well they treat their own people.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Ownification

Stoning is called for by Sharia law. And the source of the story are the barbarians in Iran, not Fox News, hehe.

Knock yourself out. Just start another thread on it; don't derail this one. Let me know when you've started it.

OK you don't know much about Islam, the main source of Islam is Quran, anything Quran says over-rules all the other sources. Quran says in (24:2) "The woman and the man guilty of ADULTERY or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment."

Next time do some research before commenting on Islam.

Unfortunately I don't have the same intentions as you, I'm not a West hater, I don't want to hurt their feeling by dissing their ideas, cultures or religions but if you realy want me to make a thread similar to yours, about the idiotic punishment system you guys have, it would be my pleasure .

Fire Breathing Terrorists lolxx

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

and the US is better how? they inject toxins , which kill the person slowly and painfully and yet with a drug to paralyse them they don`t writhe around till they drown on there own vomit.

or frying the body , and have the person watch there own life drain away as the heart beats sporadically because of the electrical interuption , the pure burning sensation and fire of hell in the chest that spreads, you know it takes about a minute to die after being shocked don`t you? and the person is concious all that time , knowing there body is shutting down.

in iran they stone paedofiles - in the USA they give them board and lodging for a few years then let them out again to do it again.

but thats ok then i guess , and stoning isn`t.

so why do they use capital punishment for adultery? well get this ` to have and to hold till death do we part` - you make a contract with God , that this is the 1 and only - and , as in the past in christianity , its a crime against God to break that contract - whilst western moraility allows for that sort of thing - you know , sky high divorse rates , in islam they don`t , and its a crime.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It surprises me that even with these rules people stay in this country AND brake the law

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This goes for people who believe that the Iranian ideas are any worse than the western, I believe other wise, simply because stoning is to death, when he/she dies her memories are gone, he/she won't remember anything. Harsh punishments such as stoning to death is to build fear in the hearts of normal citizens, when they even think about committing an outlawed act, which the punishment is set for.

Sending someone to jail for half of his/her life just because he/she stole an amount of money from a company is much worse of a punishment than stoning to death because you have every second of your memory alive and well and you remember everything. Getting raped by another guy in prison is much worst than getting stoned to death because you have your memory well and alive. Once you die after getting stoned you won't remember anything, your hearth will stop and your brain will stop working.

Even during stoning from the research I've done, most people fall unconciouse. The main purpose of punishments in a society is to install fear in the hearts of it's citizens, so that they don't dare commiting the outlawed act. It's as simple as that but people here seem to think that their ideas are better and we should bomb Iran because they choose 1000 year old idea over the more recent idea of Capetalism and Democracy, which has worse flaws and injustice.

The main message here is that Iranian people themselves have installed this idea in to their society, just because you don't agree with it doesn't prove much, just like me not agreeing with many laws and regulations which are installed in the west, simply doesn't prove anything because you chose to install it, it's your choice.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
For freaking ADULTERY? What a joke.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join