It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists: 9 Iranians Convicted of Adultery Set to Be Stoned to Death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by Rapacity

Of course I know not all women are castrated there, but even one castration is beyond comprehension.

And I am aware that some of the wealthier young women are allowed to attend college, but they can't get jobs. The culture does not allow for it, the women have to stay at home and basically obey the husband and tend to the children. There are a very few women with jobs, but they are strictly watched. For instance, the lone woman would not dare go to lunch with a group of the men. She could be grabbed by the religious police and carted off to jail.

Point taken. I just wanted to point out that where Iran is concerned, like all sovereign nations/states, there are counterpoints to every argument, good and/or bad.

Iran has not always been as it is: it was once a very liberal place (even by Western standards).

And, many Iranian music stars also happen to be females who work a day job to which they treat their music career secondary (male pop stars also do the same). Iran's culture is so different to Western culture that direct comparisons are irrelevant - it's like a change of base in maths or comparing volume with mass (one can establish density but not that "x" length = "X" mass (at least, not in this 3 physical dimensional confine)).

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RushLimbaugh
reply to post by jsobecky

Stop knocking Islamic law. Who are we to say how they should live out their religious beliefs? I mean, hasn't America pushed its political and religious agenda on the eastern world for too long?

So a crowd of people throwing stones at someone until they are dead because they had sex is OK by you?

I don't think we are harassing anyones religious belief here. We are talking about a legal system, and the rationalizations used to defend murder, by people who claim to believe the religion of love and peace.

They are stoned for the act of love, and the peace ended long before the first stone. Not at the hands of those who made love.

Now please explain your statement, what religious agenda have I pushed on anyone?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
reply to post by Ownification

Can you tell sarcasm, and social commentary when it hits you in the face?

Apparently not, OK so I will explain.

I simply echoed the numb and incoherant ravings which usually are not so neatly juxtaposed as to be blatently obvious. And in complete contradiction with one another so that a blind man can see! Oh a miracle! I only hope Some Islamic people read it, agree and then start to question their own beliefs.

ahhh What makes you think I didn't get the sarcasm
I'm just saying what you were trying to point out through your sarcasm was ridiculous and ignorant, do some research before making statements like that. Let's not get sarcastic and start a real discussion right here right now about Islam.

Deal ??

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

Hello, hey I am not trying to be obstinate, but would you please view the attached youtube video? Hey even I didn't know it was this bad. I wasn't looking for this today, just stumbled onto it.

www.youtube.com...

this one is even sadder

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Lol, my ass.
"I was surfing the Net today and I happened to stumble across some anti-Iranian videos for you folks..."

Dude, get a grip. It's clear you've got some anti-Muslim agenda going here and your trying in vain to get everyone to see Iran as some demonic, Islamic entity with no morals or respect.

My question, what's it to you?
Shouldn't you be more concerned about your own country?
Your President right now has still committed his forces to two fruitless wars started by sheer greed, over a million lives have been lost, nothings been won, apart from immense oil profits for the Petroleum Industry.

Iran executes maybe a few hundred people a year. Maybe.
US executes thousands.
Iran lacks morals yes.
Does America lack morals? Most definitely.

You can steal three loaves of bread in California over a period of 10 years consecutively and face LIFE IMPRISONMENT. Is that just?
Three pieces of dough and you'll be spending time with convicted murderers and rapists in a maximum security jail?

You can abuse young children physically, and the most anyone has faced is a highly reduced sentence of 15 years and then government-funded relocation and protection into society.

You can break into a man's home and steal his property and if he assaults you first, you can sue him and HE'LL GO TO JAIL, not you.

The US Legal System is rife with corruption and injustice much like Iran's.
America is no better.
Why your trying so hard to demonise Iran when you don't even realise the injustices going on in your own backyard are beyond me...

I dunno, maybe some Iranian dude beat you up and took your money, maybe you watch too much FOX news, etc...

Please see the hypocrisy your display nonetheless.
Christ Americans stick their nose into other countries and expect them to behave like their own neighbourhood, and when they don't their sick, evil b*stards.
Yet nobody ever points out America's wrongs and lack of standards. Thus you get accustomed to believing your better than the rest of the world.
That is not the case.

Open your eyes.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Bombeni

Please see the hypocrisy your display nonetheless.
Christ Americans stick their nose into other countries and expect them to behave like their own neighbourhood, and when they don't their sick, evil b*stards. Yet nobody ever points out America's wrongs and lack of standards. Thus you get accustomed to believing your better than the rest of the world.
That is not the case.

I agree. When did America, an extremely young nation in comparison with the majority of the world, obtain the right to govern the world's countries and decide what is "moral" and "right" and how things and laws should be done? To each his own.

If you don't agree with their laws, don't support or go to that country. But you cannot govern others' morals, only your own. Worry about how you act. The rest of the world is just as messed up, albeit in different ways, than any Middle Eastern country...people just pick and choose what to look at based on what they see in the MSM.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

First of all, chick, I am not a dude. You assume too much.

I have a deep concern for the mistreatment of women all over the world kid, my concern has nothing to do with race, skin color, or religion. Woman and children have been for centuries and still are the victims of male domination. Does that mean I am supposed to sit back and say well that's just the way things are? You aren't even dry behind the ears, I am a 50 year old woman who has actively participated in programs that protect women and children for the past 20 years, and you make the assumption that I "have no idea what is going on in my own backyard" -- What do you do? Sit behind your computer after school and pretend that you know anything about the real world. Are you actually doing anything at all to improve the real world? At your age you need to learn to l-i-s-t-e-n. There is nothing more annoying than a teenager who thinks they know it all.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Okay ma'am, for your own information I am not a chick either, I don't know where the hell you got that assumption from?
As you can see, there's not too many guys on ATS...

And another thing, assumptions can be a b*tch.
I'm 21, I'm not doing this after school because I need to kill some time, I do this because I want to correct the glaring amount of ignorance I see coming from uneducated folks such as your self.
I do this out of sheer passion to enlighten people, not to agitate or insult anyone, like your doing.

What do you do? Sit behind your computer after school and pretend that you know anything about the real world.

I like it how you dodged every point I made and skipped straight to insults.

Wow, in your 50 years you sure seemed to have matured quite a bit, you still haven't advanced past childish insults?

And what does age have to do with it? Your discriminating against me because I'm younger than you, therefore I'm dumber?
Lol... mmm yes, jump right to conclusions.

So I can safely assume because your 50, your senile, blind as a bat, deaf as a post and oblivious to the outside world?
Exactly. Two can play at that game if you really want.

There is nothing more annoying than a teenager who thinks they know it all.

True, then again I'd say those blindly oblivious Americans who cry on and on about the injustices and evil being perpetuated in foreign lands but then turn a blind eye to whatever happens at home are even worse.

I can see you didn't even take the time to read what I wrote and all you have to say everytime somebody argues against you is basically "I'm smarter than you, Shutup."

You'll find that doesn't work well on ATS.
Your a new member here, I've been on here for 4 years, so here's from free advice from a SENIOR.

Most people on ATS ACTUALLY KNOW what they're talking about.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Law is law,law changes as culture changes,you cant force culture to change, its a gradual process in which its citizens demand.The young iranians are a pretty liberal bunch and certainly in the next 10 to 15 years Iran will be much different to as it is now...Unless off course america decides to spread democracy and bomb them into nothing...and cause even more hate around the world...again its not perfect,but neither is the world.These things take time...Iran has an ancient culture and a brilliant one at that...open up with dialogue,talk and soon their will be a shift.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I knew you weren't a chick, I was being facetious. You see I don't jump to conclusions about people, I verify my suspicions first.

Dodged every point? Actually I'd say I stated my position quite clearly, on the other hand you filled up another page with garbled nonsense about a subject you know probably nothing about. Do you know how many little girls have their clitoris cut out each DAY? Try about 6,000. Do you know how many young girls die, or spend their entire lives with no bowel or bladder control because they were married at the age of 10, impregnated with a uterus not big enough yet, then had no help when they went into labor? They labor for days, the unborn baby gets stuck in the birth canal and the girls bladder and intestines rupture. Then they are shunned by all villagers and live on the outskirts as beggars. Like I said "know-it-all" try to listen to people. Silence is golden especially when you are a teenager. BTW I won't tell anyone, but you said you are 21 yet your birthdate is listed as 1989.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Exactly my point. Good someone picked up on that.

You can't preach all this righteous crap and tell people they need to shape up or else when you yourself are not a poster boy for Morals or a Saint. (Eg: America to Iran).

Don't forget, the Iranians gave the world the first human rights charter, the Cyrus Cylinder, they're far more liberal than most other Middle Eastern countries, they simply have the wrong people representing their interests (the Ayatollahs/Mullahs) and now due to their hard line stance, everyone assumes all Iranians are just backward fanatics.

Couldn't be further from the truth. I know plenty of Iranians. There's a huge expatriate community in Australia here, as well in the US.
Their views are perfectly compatible with Western liberalism and conservatism, however the US doesn't want the world to see Iran as friendly and liberal.

No, because when the sh*t hits the fan and the bombs start flying, having empathy for your enemy will make the public less receptive to an attack. So of course their going out of their way to demonise them.

It's nothing more than a smear campaign, the same one Iraq and Afghanistan faced.

reply to post by Bombeni

I'll reply to you once more because your frankly your copy-pasting the same thing over and over and it's putting me to sleep.

Eg:
Your old.
I'm young.
Therefore, somehow your immediately more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to foreign nations and their legal systems.

All you've managed to do is fill up another post with more heart-felt, emotional dribble that's suppose to make me think all Muslims are psychopathic, sexist animals.

Well congratulations. You've discovered the wonders of copy+paste.
Good for you, your computer literacy skills are outstanding for a senior citizen.

Let me ask YOU:

Do you know many Muslims?
Do you have any Iranian friends?
You ever travelled to the Middle East?
Are you Muslim?

I'm reserving my judgement until you answer but I suspect I know what the answer is going to be.

I know Muslims, plenty, I know Iranians too, as I said, there's many Iranian immigrants here in Australia, I have travelled to the Middle East one more than one occasion, I keep up on current events and I know when somebody is being ignorant of the facts.

And you certainly are.

BTW I won't tell anyone, but you said you are 21 yet your birthdate is listed as 1989.

Now my suspicions are fulfilled. Your blind also. Where exactly is my birth date listed as 1989?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Well you know what, I was going to waste my time once more, and try to get thru to you.

You---in the past 10 minutes---- have changed your birthdate on your profile. It was listed as July 6, 1989, now you have changed it to read 1987. I am not imagining this as I saw it yesterday and today. Good try. Now you have absolutely no crediblity at all, have proven yourself untruthful. As they say in court, if you lied about that how can we believe anything you say.

THe fact you brag about being on a website for 4 years, and you are only a teenager, tells me all I need to know. I have worked in public education for 23 years, and any parent who allows their child to spend that much time in the virtual world should be horse-whipped. Too many parents use computers to babysit these days. There are people lobbying now to include IAD (Internet Addiction Disorder) as a qualified mental disorder. I dread to think what is going to happen when these kids who have lived in a virtual world instead of the real world grow up and are supposed to take over.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Answer the questions please, before you give up and tire, just answer them:

Do you know many Muslims?
Do you have any Iranian friends?
You ever travelled to the Middle East?
Are you Muslim?

I'm reserving my judgement until you answer but I suspect I know what the answer is going to be.

I can see why you keep dodging my points.
You really have nothing.

You keep posting this sentimental crap that you expect everyone is going fall on their faces for like you did and use as a pretext to label Muslims as psychopaths...
If you believe that than hey I've got bridge I want to sell to you in New York.

You fail to think rationally.
You work with kids and young women, good for you, but you seem to have yourself enshrouded within some bubble where you cannot see past the fog which you have pulled over your eyes.

But it will lift. Don't worry.

Then you vainly try to label me a liar, a stupid teenager, an "Internet Addict", hahaha and now I apparently have a mental disorder too..?

What are you? A 10 year old kid trapped in a 50 year old's body?

How's this for a diagnosis: Self-perpetuating Senile Falsehood Disorder...
Affects 1 in 5 over 50. Seek help now.

Good day to you. Next time you go to the Drug Store/Pharmacy to refill your prescription for whatever medication your currently on, ask the Clerk there for an higher dosage.

[edit on 24/7/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
lol i wouldn't bother godfather...when someones argument rests on the fact if or if not you are a teenager...i can safely say that debate has already been won!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Kid, if you will read my past posts you will find out I have been in the food business for 30 years (family owned food businesses). Consequently I have known and worked with muslims 30 years and yes I have muslim friends. On the other hand, how have you, as a 19 yr old kid had any real experience or personal knowledge about muslims? I've forgotten more about muslims than you'll ever know. You are another typical kid who has had very little parental guidance. I know that is not your fault, but you should try to listen to people who have experience, and you should get away from the virtual world and get out in the real world. Volunteer for a homeless shelter one afternoon a week, things like that. That is how you develop experience and character, NOT by creating some phony persona on a computer screen. Actually this is a problem I know something about, internet addiction and kids. I have worked with a committee doing a study on this very thing so this has been educational for me.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
lol i wouldn't bother godfather...when someones argument rests on the fact if or if not you are a teenager...i can safely say that debate has already been won!

What is this? "Teenagers Unite" day and no one told me?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by Lethil

What is this? "Teenagers Unite" day and no one told me?

lol! Well...supposedly...someone thinks teenagers cannot grasp global issues..your problem,not teenagers....

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
I think all the posters should study psychology and understand how humans were created to be treated, the punishments that islam strickens upon its people are soul murdering. All humans deserve the right to love and be loved... The Iranian Government wants to believe in a corrupt religion of severe torturing for things that should be handled much different. Psychology is the key to the true religion folks, because something you cannot change about all of us is we are all human and our minds and souls all work the same as far as the way they are treated is concerned. Phsycially they are different because of chemicals but those chemicals are influenced by the mind and what it wishes to do.

I hope the U.S. takes care of the fearful primates in the Iranian Government... They are primitive and lack the capacity of love and understanding. Im not sure why they have even lasted this long in Government.

I agree with everything you said, except the US taking care of the fearful primates in Government. They elected a moderate government years ago, and the US, CIA, rid them of their government and helped put the Ayatollah Humani in instead. So they can shove it sideways before they have any right to interfer. Everything is going according to the PTB plan who hate empowerment of people, and would prefer some kind of ugly serfdom here as well, including a repression of all female energy as that can transform countries when its co-partnered equally with male, like the nordic countries do with their proportional democracies, which result in loss of the winner take all, monarch style democracies we enjoy, and more women having seats.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by metro
I'm really freakin' laughing out loud here. Everyone here screaming "Barbarians! Savages! We are more civilized than them!"

Yeah, except for the fact that the US electrocutes and injects 10 times as many people per year.

They're allowed to do whatever they want to do because they are a sovereign nation capable of revolution and change if they deemed appropriate.

Get off your high horse.

I have never believed in capital punishment, and consider the practice barbaric in itself, however, there is a difference between reserving it for murder cases, and using it things that are no business of the government (which must be secular and have no tie to any form of religion as religion is a personal choice), or actually of anyone else. Sexual orientation is really no ones business. Nor is adultery.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

Originally posted by metro
I'm really freakin' laughing out loud here. Everyone here screaming "Barbarians! Savages! We are more civilized than them!"

Yeah, except for the fact that the US electrocutes and injects 10 times as many people per year.

They're allowed to do whatever they want to do because they are a sovereign nation capable of revolution and change if they deemed appropriate.

Get off your high horse.

I have never believed in capital punishment, and consider the practice barbaric in itself, however, there is a difference between reserving it for murder cases, and using it things that are no business of the government (which must be secular and have no tie to any form of religion as religion is a personal choice), or actually of anyone else. Sexual orientation is really no ones business. Nor is adultery.

Again its not the business of your governemnt...Iran isnt perfect but its been around a hell of alot longer than the USA and has survived...so before making judgements look at how long your *governemnt* has been around,look at iran and you will see its oranges and apples.Dont agree with whats they are doing....but the fact they have reamined a nation as long as they have says something....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join