It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Remote Viewing Hoax/conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Remote viewing in my opinion is true when viewing places within our time line and within Earth. Where the remote viewing community went wrong and where their imagination took over the actual remote viewing is when hey "astral travel"
and view Mars as it once was with cities and such, or visit the soul catcher on the moon..(wtf???)
www.remoteviewing.com...

It is a trained ability to acquire accurate direct knowledge of things and events - targets - distant in time or space, while conscious awareness remains totally "blind" to details about the target itself. It is a data collection skill. Like any other skill, practice is required to become proficient.

I believe this departure from believable remote viewing was purposely promoted by those that want to discredit real remote viewing as experimented by the military.
why???
because remote viewing was gaining popularity and they cannot have normal citizens peeking in on certain things...

so..."lets try to make remote viewers seem crazy like we did with the UFO tin hat crowd"

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

[edit on 7/19/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
more information on Dames (the founder of the remote viewing industry)
and this subject can be found here:

perdurabo10.tripod.com...

While Dames has obviously given the technique a black eye with some of his strange predictions that didn't come true, that does not mean the technique is flawed.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Good points. Especially since the government and military actually seem to use remote viewers themselves.

Nice post.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I agree with you 100% a lot of people do not understand that RV should not be used for that! There is no way for the RV to compare the information received to the actual target if it is something "out-of-worldly" ....Ufos, saturn, Sirius A.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987
I agree with you 100% a lot of people do not understand that RV should not be used for that! There is no way for the RV to compare the information received to the actual target if it is something "out-of-worldly" ....Ufos, saturn, Sirius A.

exactly, and i think this was done intentionally to discredit those with real remote viewing abilities and capabilities.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I see it as they do all they can to discredit anything which might lead to the G.P. discovering their truths.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
this is exactly what i am talking about, this pisses me off to no end!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

how can remote viewing ever be taken seriously with this type of crap on the internet?!?!?!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
there is no conspiracy about astral travel in my opinion. I think there is more warrant to a conspiracy about tinfoil hats themselves than there is astral travel.

Many people haven't the patience to learn how to travel with their higher selves. Nor the slightest clue as to how to properly put yourself in the correct mindstate to do so.

To me astral travel is similar to lucid dreaming. I have had several ''psychic'' phenomena occur in my travels that are synchronous to real events in the 3d world(reality).
From daily meditation and conscious focus I travel the universe.

To an outsider in the western culture in which I grew up immersed in, this could be construed as simply a product of the mind and nothing more. Merely coincidence and imagination mangled together in a hodgepodge of quantum weirdness in a chaotic universe that is unconscious.
However, after directly experiencing it, I would have to disagree with astral travel being entirely disinfo.
Although I do agree to a certain extent, that more mainstream outlets that contain the subject matter at hand may have been ''tampered'' with , so to speak.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

your claims of astral travel can't be proved or disproved thereby you weaken the entire community with your wild claims.
if perhaps we could you could prove interstate travel it would help your claim of space travel.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
because who wants to bothered with making the actual prizes. do you want to go ahead and gather the metal, melt it, gathering natures chemicals combining them to make plastic. most of are to busy with our own lives. maybee you can be the one who restores great prizes to the cracker jack box. I know the owner personally i cannot and will not give you and appoint or phone# for him/her it would be very inappropriate of me and even though i don't know you personally you proabaly don't have the drive the ambition or the money or the willpower, the man power or the woman power to do such a thing. Maybee this reply will get you mad enuff you will actually start making better cracker jack prizes, maybee the best ever maybee you will see what i have stated is infact to much of hassle it your decision. Now hurry up a decide if you are going to to make a better cracker jax prize or not the world is waiting.......don't make us wait to long!

don't make us wait to long! is not a threat it just a fact of life when it happens no one wants to wait forever its torture! and torture is a crime.

whatever you decide i wish you well

[edit on 19-7-2008 by truthseekerpeacemaker]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerpeacemaker

uh..... WHAT??

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

your claims of astral travel can't be proved or disproved thereby you weaken the entire community with your wild claims.
if perhaps we could you could prove interstate travel it would help your claim of space travel.

Im not really trying to prove it, because it is my experience. If you want to experience you need to make an effort.
All Im saying is that it is reality for me. I can do it and I use it and it works for my life. It has helped and continues to help me and I am grateful for it.
From the people I have met, I have found that this ability is latent within all of us.

The real question is whether or not YOU want to do it. And whether or not fear runs your life. Because when, or if, you decide to embark upon the path that leads to these amazing travels, you will experience it.

Or you could continue to shelve it on the bookcase where other conspiracies lie...
its your choice

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I just want to state that you are full of well you know what the last word is..

Let me put this into perspective so you yourself can understand..

The Astral world is the same place we go when we die. If you did any real research you would know there have been people that state have seen things in real time that they could not have possibly seen while having an NDE.

There for this comment is garbage.

As for remote viewing and oobe's and astral travel they are real.. You need to do some research before you spout garbage that you are selling, cause it stinks to hell and back..

::EDIT::

you dont have to, I just did it for you.

[edit on 7/19/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I recalled a few years ago having been part of a remote viewing training program using younger allegedly gifted children and basically failed at it. So, to the best of my knowledge was never certified or known as a remote viewer.

Supposedly, there was some girl who was very successful at it and I assume I was dropped after a short while. I recalled having met Russell Targ a few times at my home.

When I recalled some of these old memories (again) a few years ago, it was from watching the movie Suspect Zero on DVD with a commentary section with Russell Targ and Paul Smith. I wrote an e-mail to Russell Targ and he didn't respond saying he had ever met me. So, I guess all I can do is file it as another delusion...according to my therapist.

Yeah, some people should probably not be remote viewers or claim to be professionals.

Supposedly; children weren't supposed to be side tracked by sex or greed in remote viewing at such an early age.

The thread you mention did bother me some even though I'm not in the program. Didn't they do an interview on ats mix with a remote viewer?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

I believe remote viewing is real, as to the level or ability of where one can view, current timeline, past, or even future timeline, this is of course in question.

I started this thread, based on the book it's titled on, if you would like to stop by.

Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook : Joseph McMoneagle

I believe remote viewing is a lot more complex than we are lead to believe, let alone what is out there as resources, but you have to sort through various different genre's as well as types of authors just to find any intelligent information on the topic.

I have however heard from various sources that "timeline travel" with regards to remote viewing is possible, and that there are "remote viewing" trained spies that specifically watch certain events, like as an example, the JFK assassination, and they are there to keep the "regular Joe citizen" from finding out the truth about those events, via killing them while in the realm of travel.

Am I stating I believe that this specific action takes place? No, I'm not stating it does, but there is a possibility for it, which might explain certain mysterious deaths of people while in their sleep.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I have however heard from various sources that "timeline travel" with regards to remote viewing is possible, and that there are "remote viewing" trained spies that specifically watch certain events, like as an example, the JFK assassination, and they are there to keep the "regular Joe citizen" from finding out the truth about those events, via killing them while in the realm of travel.

this is the sort of delusional crap that i am speaking about.
this is the genius of the disinfo agent to make the quacks believe this crap and come out of the woodwork and discredit any real advances made in a particular field...in this case remote viewing.

take all the sci-fi, men in black, holy roller spiritual crap out of the way and you will see the truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

and this is one of the quacks i mentioned in my post above this one.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Why is this guy allowed to talk crap on people like this???

Hey dude, You have no clue what you are talking about..

Remote viewing Oobe, Astral Projections, and NDE's are all real, if you don't think they are that's fine.. But don't sit here and talk crap on people because they don't agree with what you say..

Its sickening and makes you look stupid cause you have yet to bring any real argument to this thread.. Since you started all you have done is trash talk everyone.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

this is the sort of delusional crap that i am speaking about.
this is the genius of the disinfo agent to make the quacks believe this crap and come out of the woodwork and discredit any real advances made in a particular field...in this case remote viewing.

take all the sci-fi, men in black, holy roller spiritual crap out of the way and you will see the truth.

Wow, just wow, either I just got insulted really deeply, or you basically just called Me a complete idiot, and here I thought you actually were talking about the topic, not being an overbearing snob about your perspective.

I don't know who the Hell you think you are, or where the Hell you get off attacking anyone's beliefs in something YOU can neither prove nor disprove yourself.

I do believe I stated I had heard, but not that I believed it.

I can neither prove nor disprove something like what the sources mentioned, but I'd never just turn around and call someone a quack.

Anything is possible and I do mean anything is possible, when it comes to something like remote viewing, astral projection, or out of body experiences, because you are not dealing with regular linear thinking being that it's not the actual physical but the principle of more spiritual aspect that you are doing things which are impossible in the regular realm of being, and going through meditation as well as a different state of conciousness to be able to do something like this to begin with.

I'm thinking your stating here that a disinformation agent would be someone to tell someone something so silly so as to misdirect them into an area where they have gone out of the range of believeability, but what if what you're stating here is helping do their work for them?

If an organization like the C.I.A. would spend more money than multiple Third-World countries have in their lifetimes, there has to be a lot more to it to begin with, let alone the actual process where we as "Joe citizen" know of or consider.

I've read on Joseph McMoneagle and Russell Targ, both people who were supposed to have been involved directly with the C.I.A. in their research, and I think they seem to be pretty forthcoming with the majority of what they have to say as well as they leave it open to interpretation based on the fact that you are supposed to be open-minded in this area, because preconceived notions can pretty much totally sabotage your even being able to do this process of remote viewing let alone someone being able to grow in all things spiritual.

Just from what you've stated here, I know from their stated beliefs that they would say you are extremely arrogant in what you're stating, even if you're trying to prove what they had to say was 100% real and you were trying to bust a hoax.

I'm not insulting you here, and I don't go following blindly anyone because I do not totally trust anyone, but by your statement just in reply to what I've said let alone what you've stated to other people, I pretty have to say I would never want to listen to anything you have to say in order to believe it ever again because of your willingness to essentially thrash anyone else's beliefs that don't fit into your exacting specifications.

I think you need to work on your people skills, in that your reply was so basic in that it leaves it sounding like you're calling anyone you wanted to listen to your point of view as a potential nutcase, just for believing anything you don't believe.

Yes, remote viewing is possible, but what we need to realize as fellow ATS'ers, is that while it is possible, until we can achieve the state of doing something like it, we have absolutely no right to trash someone else's beliefs in it itself.

I thought you wanted a civil discussion, not a one sided rant against anyone who doesn't believe in your beliefs 100%.

Yes, I do know and understand a "disinformation agent" would go to any extreme just to throw someone off the right path, but by your reaction there, I'd sure have an easier time believing anyone but you right about now.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

ok, after a good night's rest i can see how i went overboard calling people quacks.
it is just frustrating that people take something as real as RV and turn it into something laughable in the eyes of the world. here is my stand:

remote viewing inside of Iran's nuclear labs and reporting facts =very possible and most likely being done by the U.S. government.

remote viewing the "soul catcher" on the moon and having a conversation with an ebe along the way, oh and seeing giant nuclear spiders genetically altered by Iran to kill Americans =very active imaginations and hurtful to the entire community, a disinformation plot by alphabet agencies to make us all look like fools to the mainstream population

i apologize for offending someone with my posts or hurting someone's feelings but i thought we were all adults able to take some criticism. i guess i don't get offended as easily by what someone types on a monitor as most.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join