It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable event just happened to me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So I am sitting at my desk checking my email about thirty minutes ago. My office is in the front part of my house where I keep my computer, and I had my window shade partially drawn up far enough to look out at the street in front.

Long story short, I was scanning through my email and about to log in to ATS for a read, when I noticed something odd. Directly across from my house an unfamiliar vehicle pulled up and stopped and parked. I remember this as odd because my neighbor across the street always parks her SUV in that same spot, so it instantly garnered my attention but not in a bad way.

The car was a silver Saturn 4 door, probably 2002-2004. Inside was a white male, an older looking gentleman with grayish hair. Since he was older I assumed that he was here to visit my other neighbors who are an older couple. Then I happened to ntice that the old guy was just sitting in his car, sort of looking around.

Then I was shocked when I saw him pull out a camera and snap a picture of my truck.... then he turned and started taking pictures of my house!! I didn't react instantly because I couldn't believe what I was watching unfold. After realizing what was happening I went over and looked directly out the window at him, we made eye contact and as soon as he saw me he instantly tossed the camera into the passengers seat and sped off down the street.

What the hell!!! I have read stories of people on here who have felt like they were under surveilance but always thought it was bull or just someone being paranoid. I am racking my brain trying to figure out who it could have been and what motive they would possibly have. My first thought was to call the leasing property that I rent from to ask if they had sent anyone to take pics or if the owner was planning to sell or what have you, they said nothing that they were aware of. The owner of the house is a female, and I know what she drives and this wasn't her.

I keep things very quiet around here, I have no criminal record, I do not break the law, no reason for a PI to be trailing me since I have been in the same spot for almost four years and am relatively easy to find. The panicked look on this guys face when he saw me watching him says that he was up to no good. I thought possibly it was someone casing out the place for a burglary or something, but the houses around me up and down both streets are way nicer than mine, and Im not exactly an easy mark.

I am baffled.......anyone have any suggestions? Thought I would share this with my fellow paranoids, since this is the first time I have ever had anything like this happen. I called my brother and told him what had happened but he pretty much made fun of me.

Maybe folks in the conspiracy realm can appreciate how freaky this whole episode has been for me. This is going to drive me nuts until I figure out what this was all about.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
this is strange, ive heard things like this from people who are on disability, i have actually seen it. doesnt sound like you are disabled, so i dont know. maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Have you or someone you know ever worked for or are working for a government or security agency? They do background checks on everyone.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
No insurance or workers comp claims, no disability.

And I do not have any tied to the federal government, nor anyone who I could possibly imagine would list me as a reference.

Even still, wouldnt they just come knock on the door and ask if I know so and so?

Why pictures? I swear it looked like he was taking photos of my license plate at first, then the house. Wierd doesnt even begin to cover it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, it could be something positive? I just do not know, I wish you had rushed out unbeknownst to him and started snapping off his licenceplate pics of him, before you let him know you knew. Next time if there is one, be ready ok?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was about to rush out the front door after the guy but I was sitting here in a pair of workout shorts and no shirt on. The worst part is after the fact I realized that I had my didgital camera sitting on my desk right near me and I didnt even realize it. It all happened so fast though, by the time I saw what he was doing and he saw me and sped away all happened in under a minute.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

They may not list you as a reference. When my brother was checked out for his Top Secret clearance, the personnel who did the checking talked with everybody, including people he did not write down. Now that I'm thinking about it, he would of gone to your house and asked you some questions, so that rules out security check. It could be mistaken identity or something else.
All I know is it would creep me out, too!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The odd thing is that he threw his camera and sped off when you spotted him.

In my opinion if he was doing something legitimate he would have been more open and possibly even waved you over to explain.

Let us know if there are any more developments.

link   
Do you own your house or are you renting?Could be real estate people taking pics for putting it up for sale.
Or it could just be real estate people taking pics of houses as they do alot randomly.
If there is no insurance workers comp etc then it wouldn't be a private investigator.
Do you know anyone who would want to sue you?Have you had a car accident?
Could he have been taking a photo of your neighbor's house and it just looked like he was taking it of your house?
Its very weird.

[edit on 19/7/08 by Being_From_Earth]

link   
yer f**cked. join the club.

i know somewhere there's a poster-sized pic of me getting ready to raise hell, and the caption is: "armed and extremely dangerous. affiliation unknown. motives unknown. child of the dark fire. son of Heru...."

link   
Maybe he liked your house? I sometimes take a picture of someone's house if I like the architecture or think it unique.

Do you have a myspace, facebook or anything like that? I had a friend who lived with me about 2 years ago and he got into an online tiff with someone and this guy tracked him down. We had to call the police cuz he kept on leaving notes, sitting outside in his white truck just watching the house. I think the only thing that kept him away from doing anything was my dogs. We had some vandalism, but that could have been anyone(we've had our car window smashed out just recently...), and threatning phone calls, etc. I didn't like it one bit.

Other than that I have no clue... people do weird things, so maybe he was actin odd or something?

[edit on 19-7-2008 by MacSen191]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

What positive reason would any person be taking photos of my house in such a shady and clandestine manner?

I cant think of one.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

See that was the first thing I thought, so I called the leasing company and asked if anyone was sent to take pics of the house, and they said no. As far as they knew the owner was not even considering selling the house.

I know the owner, she drives a Lexus and I have met her several times.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

, but the houses around me up and down both streets are way nicer than mine, and Im not exactly an easy mark.

Is there a home owners restriction for the neighborhood and is your yard up and respectable, no trash laying around, no cars on blocks. grass is green, etc , etc. Maybe your landlord is getting complaints?

I have seen that before, some lady on a moped sneaking pictures of my friends new home, I still can't figure it out. Unless its realestate related?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 38181

Same guy does my landscaping every week, everything is neat and properly maintained. I live in a nice neighborhood but my house is probably the least expensive and the least spectacular on the block. One street over there are million dollar houses so why anyone would want to look at my plane jane average sized cookie cutter house would be beyond me.

[edit on 7/19/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

See that was the first thing I thought, so I called the leasing company and asked if anyone was sent to take pics of the house, and they said no. As far as they knew the owner was not even considering selling the house.

I know the owner, she drives a Lexus and I have met her several times.

They wont tell you.They are unofficially doing it.Re valuating the landlords portfolio.They want to sell it with tenants so they don't want you to leave thinking they are selling it.I had it happen to me once many years ago and when I seen him he took off.I new it was a real estate guy because id seen his car parked at there office.But they told me no nothing like that going on here.Can even be just the landlord doing a non official portfolio valuation getting pics for it etc.Lease people don't even know.If you owned your home then it still could be real estate people taking photo's of houses in the area to make it look like to clients they have heaps on there books.They are shady people.

Other than that a wife or gf suspecting you cheating or someone wanting to sue you.
Then it would be weird as hell..

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Would it make sense to file a police report?

What if it IS the FEDs or DHS or god knows who, wouldn't I be worsening the situation by doing that? Im still pretty confused at the moment, not really sure what the best course of action would be.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Maybe the owner is in some type of trouble? How old is your home? I've found an intresting website that might explain some of it. www.simonstl.com...

Historical society stuff maybe? Maybe he was embaressed about why he was taking the photos? I dunno...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Get that camera ready if it happens again.Get his license plate.That can be defined as stalking however not if its the Feds they are allowed to stalk innocent people for nothing.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MacSen191

That makes sense, perhaps the owner is in financial trouble and they are documenting her assets. That I could believe.

Still doesn't explain why the first pic he took was of my license plate. I specifically saw him pointing the camera at the back of my vehicle parked in the drive way, then he turned and started snapping picks of the house.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join