It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable event just happened to me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

That is freaky!!

I dont have any kids, my house is pretty much normal cookie cutter type, Im a big ugly white guy...no reason anyone would stalk me. I just cant figure this crap out.

I was just on the phone with my sister letteing her know about it, so in case I end up missing she will have a head start, also for bail money because if I catch this guy in front of my house again I am going to drag him from his car and a pistol whipping may be on the horizon.

I do not care for this type of thing at all, I see it as a threat.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Maybe Santa is making his list for the Rex-84 camps. I'm pretty sure I'll be on it. I'll be the one with the big boobs and the bloody knuckles. Don't worry. It won't be my blood.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Perhaps it was some sort of repo guy looking for a car? Maybe it was a PI looking for a cheating spouse? My point being that the guy might not be there for you, but might be confused on specific info.

As far as real estate goes - maybe your land lord is in trouble with the tax or building code people? Your license plate may be of interest as they think you might be connected to the owner somehow and not a simple renter.

I used to do real estate photography and this sounds odd to me. I would either shoot properties for sale or - those recently sold. This is done for comparison price publishers -whose publications are in turn read by appraisers for valuation purposes. These sorts of publishers tend more toward commercial property though (because its harder for appraisers to find comparisons on their own.) However, if your home is unusual for the area - well - I could see such a researcher or photographer being interested.

I can't see why they'd be interested in your license plate though. One can easily get property ownership info from a PIN number (property ID number) and all parcels have them, easy to look up.

Further - a researcher/photographer wouldn't speed off. I've worked for all sorts of RE publishers - from the free 'homes for sale' papers you see in stores to obscure industrial RE comp publishers and if we were approached we were instructed to tell the resident what we were doing and to be professional and nice. So that *is* odd.

Why not call your local government to see if it was the tax assessor or building inspector etc? But again, these people aren't 'shadowy' and wouldn't speed off either.

Might just be a PI looking for a cheater or workman's comp juicer and he just got the wrong address. Did you notice what sort of camera he had? A PI would have a nicer one - like a top line DSLR with zoom lenses while a local gov sort would have just a basic digital camera. Some in publishing will be using lower end cameras also since for many publications (such as the Free RE papers in stores or MLS listing sheets) you don't want larger picture files, just very simple basic pix. High resolution not necessary, in fact, counterproductive/wastes space. Most RE agents and appraisers will be using low to mid range cameras also - for same reason. Its just going on documents somewhere - professional quality pic not needed and wastes file space. You'd not be using zoom lenses either - common sense.

Well good luck anyway! If you feel safe about it - I'd confront the guy if he comes back.

link   
Nope not married...no angry ex girlfriends....no home owners association....I haven't pissed anyone off that I know of, but you never know.

link   
It doesn't look like anything serious. A professional would not react like that when you notice them.

Maybe you started some bad blood with some people? The town or bank may be taking an inventory of the whole area.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
One other thing, realtors have people take photos of homes in neighborhoods for there files. I've seen an ad looking to hire some one to do just that. Take pictures of homes.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Original_Sin

Could you of accidentally and unknowingly clipped his car while driving or something and he thought you just uncaringly drove away?, he could of followed you home and is preparing to sue.

Creepy though

I have never had an accident in all of my years on the road, not even a fender bender.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
One other thing, realtors have people take photos of homes in neighborhoods for there files. I've seen an ad looking to hire some one to do just that. Take pictures of homes.

I've always wondered who takes those photos for Google. Does anyone know? I don't think the Google dude would panic like that though.

[edit on 7/19/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by Demetre

because if I catch this guy in front of my house again I am going to drag him from his car and a pistol whipping may be on the horizon.

Whats with all the chest thumping. You really are schizo paranoid aren't you. Be a sane man and casualy walk out with a smile and hand wave, strike up a conversation and get to the bottom of it if theres a next time.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

What kind of things was he involved in?

I have made it plainly known on ATS and other sites how I feel about our government and how much I dislike our current adminstration. I have never threatened anyone or gone beyond the legal scope of my personal rights, but I have been pretty vocal about my dislike and distrust of our current regime.

Is it possible that DHS or some other group are building case files against possible problem citizens? I am not a threat to anyone and I do not promote violence or anti government action, I am just vocal about my disgust with the way things are heading.

Is that now considered a threat? To disagree?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth

I've always wondered who takes those photos for Google. Does anyone know? I don't think the Google dude would panic like that though.

[edit on 7/19/08 by Sleuth]

Thats how google does the low level flyby. They have people taking video and still shots of homes, neighborhoods and country side.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by Demetre

because if I catch this guy in front of my house again I am going to drag him from his car and a pistol whipping may be on the horizon.

Whats with all the chest thumping. You really are schizo paranoid aren't you. Be a sane man and casualy walk out with a smile and hand wave, strike up a conversation and get to the bottom of it if theres a next time.

You are right, I am just a bit unnerved by the whole thing. Im not a paranoid or overly violent person, I just do not like being accosted and having my privacy violated like this.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

One possibility is that the owner (you said you rented, correct?) of the house may be in foreclosure...

I work at a company that posts foreclosure data online and I hear all kinds of horror stories about people getting visits from strangers asking to take a look at the "potential deal", or finding others walking around the house checking its condition; not polite or friendly, but that may be the case.

And since you are not on the deed, you may have no idea what is going on. Ask you landlord if this is the situation; otherwise, ya, you may have another issue on your hands...hope it all works out man.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

When I wrote I return to my neighborhood where I grew up back in the 50 - 60s and 70s and take pictures, I do that hoping no one notices. If some one did notice me and came out of the house, I would throw my camera on the seat and speed away to.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah, had I noticed someone doing those things, I would have questions as well.
It is wierd that when you went to talk to him he just took off, like he was doing something wrong.

It sounds like it was pure luck you actually caught him doing it.
Who knows what is happening to people when they aren't aware of it.
That is kinda scary,
My husband would be right there with you to confront the guy.
It's the fact that he didn't even want to talk to you that worries me.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I understand some of the sense of violation, and hope you were just expressing your anger. Laying your hands on the guy alone are likely to get you arrested..... what you spoke of following that...... it just gets worse.

Although it's creepy, he doesn't sound like he's breaking any laws. You certainly have a right to be vigilant and you have a right to do as he is -- taking photos of him/his property. I know I would feel the same as you, but don't let some guy bait you into taking an action that he can then sue you over.

Y'know what stood out immediately to me when I read your OP? This guy is an amateur, probably private. A pro would probably not have allowed you to see him/her, unless you also have skills in surveillance. IF, the person is private, they were probably hired by someone.

As mentioned previously, it may relate to the property, rather than you. I'd be extra aware of my surroundings........ if you run into him elsewhere, that would point more toward you being the focal point.

Good skill, keep us posted.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

That is what troubles me the most, when he saw me and realized that I was watching him he instantly put the camera on the passenger seat and made a break for it.

Seems like anyone who was there just for real estate pics or tax reasons or even just visiting a home where he grew up wouldnt show THAT kind of urgency in leaving. This guy didn't want to be seen, and even less than that he didnt want to be confronted.

Makes me think police, PI or other.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
By the way, what kind of camera did the dude have? Was it an everyday digital type or was it big and black like a professional would use? What did the dude look like, scuzzy, dressed in a suit, in vacation type cloths, how old did the dude look like? What was the condition of his car, if you saw his plates was it of your state?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Do you have an ex that might be stalking you? Or it could be someone who just liked your house and wanted a photo and felt bad that you saw him?? Could be a lot of things.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You can be assured if it had been an authoritive figure or employed by authority to snap pictures of your home, they would not become excited and dart off. It more than likely was a former home owner or resident who wanted to have photos of there home sweet home. Or a google earth photographer. People have complained about having there homes photo'd and placed on google earth. They are citing privacy issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join