It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable event just happened to me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They were bird watching. That's what I've been told by the two guys in the white Dodge Ram pickup that sometimes sit on the corner here with a pair of binoculars.

This must be the coming fad for bird enthusiast I presume. They get in their truck, drive to a strange neighborhood, park on the corner, roll the windows down, sit in 100 degree temps with binocs and cameras, looking for strange birds.

They never know when that rare specimen is going to take flight and they'll need the wheels to chase it down.

This is probably what happened to you.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maybe it was Ed McMahon making sure he got the right house. Congratulations, you the Publisher Clearinghouse 2008 grand prize winner.

The pix were for Ed so he knows where to send his mortgage payments.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

All due respect, but there arent any birds living in my truck and there damn sure arent any birds hanging out on my front porch. This guy was taking pictures of my residence, let there be no mistake.

And do bird watchers throw down the camera and speed away when they realize they have been spotted? This guy did. That is what makes the whole thing so bizarre. If he had been there for some mundane purpose then he would not have scattered away like a roach when he realized I had seen him.

What a wierd way to start the day.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Next time, get a camera and a gun if you see him. I've had evangelists parking in front of my house to stalk us all the fing time because we always shoo them off. Seems like some people live to annoy others.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have had this happen to me too on occasion.

I just get my camera out and start snapping pictures of them (whoever they are) it soons makes them leave in haste.

Just keep a record of what's going on, take as many pictures as you can.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yeah but what kind of a creep just goes around taking pictures of random houses for no reason?

I mean I could understand if I was an attractive female or if my house was interesting to look at, but I just cant understand why an elderly man would be taking pics of my house AND my vehicle, and then making a run for it when he got busted.

Im wondering if I should file a police report just to have it on record, because if he shows up a second time I am going to pull him out of his car and find out one way or the other. This s*** is not cool.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Maybe you should file a police report like you said. This is rather bizarre and scary. Keep us up-dated!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I agree with you. It is strange. So I'm sharing what happened to me a couple of days ago in a light hearted way. But you can rest assured I have my eyes open for anything out of the ordinary these days.

Real reasons why:

Misidentification has been mentioned. Since they ran, this seems possible.

Casing the neighborhood. I've checked here and a few people have had gas and ladders stolen several blocks away.

If it were PIs you hope they wouldn't be that brazen, or foolish.

In most every other case, they would knock on the door and ask to take the pictures I would think.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have often wondered about my online activity, posting on forums like these and holding anti government opionions and all. Im not saying one has anything to do with the other, but I cant help but wonder if my name is on some sort of watch list. Maybe I am being overly paranoid now, but if DHS and other agencies are on the net and looking to keep tabs on dissentors then Im surely on their person of interest file.

Im logging off and going about my day. I will follow up on this and see what I can find out.

Just curious if anyone else has had anything like this happen?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by antar

What positive reason would any person be taking photos of my house in such a shady and clandestine manner?

I cant think of one.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Maybe some pervert is eyeing you on for themselves or their Reptilian masters.
Whatever it is do be careful. If it happens again perhaps it would be wise to file a report or hire your own PI to spy on the spy.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
interesting post/thread

keep an eye out for similar activity over the next few weeks and have your camera ready

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Another thing though.Maybe you should just forget about it and not let it bother you.Because maybe thats what its designed to do.Maybe there is no purpose to it other than to annoy you.Why would someone want to annoy you?Who knows.The police aren't going to do anything because, it is not illegal.If he is sitting outside your house 3 days every week then yes its stalking.
Have you annoyed any scientologist's lately?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Hey! That just happened to Me at My house last week! I was at the computer and My husband was walking around the house doing whatever he does and noticed someone in the alley next to Our home. It's a small alley that separates 2 homes and exits to the main street, which We live on. 2 guys in a white van pulled up and started taking pictures of the side of Our house, Our backyard and Our neighbors house.My first thought was the kids and 'OMG, they're probably child molesters scoping the house!' Yeah, I'm super neurotic. My husband went out and approached them asking what they were doing and why they were taking pictures of Our home. They said sorry they must be at the wrong place and left immediately. What's going on and what are they checking out? Makes one feel a bit unsettled doesn't it?

Peace. K*

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Could you of accidentally and unknowingly clipped his car while driving or something and he thought you just uncaringly drove away?, he could of followed you home and is preparing to sue.

Creepy though

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am an old man now. But I grew up in a city from which I moved long ago from. I have been back to visit this city and several times I park across the street looking at my parents house where I grew up in and pull my camera out and shoot pictures.

Go back to your pc and relax.

Let me make it clearer. The house was sold in 1970 and pictures are all thats left of fond memories.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Peepers]

link   

link   
Someone mentioned this but you never quite answered. Do you live in a neighborhood that is part of the Home Owners Association. My gf lives in one and they like to keep a tight lid on their neighborhoods, constantly evaluating who and what is going on in them. Also very possible a Realistate company gathering info for curious buyers that want to know as much about the neighborhood as possible, or he was a curious buyer himself.

Also possible the owner really is secretly appraising her property. Also possible someone has put a claim against you for god knows what, maybe some one wrongfully thinks you are responcible for dinging their car.

Could be alot of things. Could be paranoia. Still, pay attention just incase.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
One thing I'd like to add. A friend of Ours is super anti-govt and very open about His beliefs- on the phone, on the computer, on the street. He was visited about 3 months ago at WORK by DHS and the FBI. Because it's a union shop He has the right to have a union rep. present per the contract but everyone was asked to leave the room as it was confidential. They questioned Him about His activities and who He was affiliated with. Asking if He was tied to or knew this person or that person. When they were sure He was just some guy shooting His mouth off they left and He returned to work. He was scared ****less! Needless to say He's not giving His opinion out much anymore and said it was a wake up call to keep His mouth shut. Now this guy wasn't a complete loon either. He holds pretty much of the same idea of Our govt. that We on ATS do. Maybe He said something to the wrong person? I don't know but it's a little freaky to Me, and a lot freakier to Him I'd say.

Peace. K*

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
hmmm. are you married? are you having an affair? maybe your significant other is having you watched if she suspects cheating.

sorry, but that's what came into my mind and no one else has mentioned it.

or maybe your employer.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
A few months ago this same type of scenario took place at my house.

This slow rolling black sport utility comes up to the end of my drive way and starts taking pictures of my house and the lot I own next to us. I immediately stepped out side and started walking torward the vehicle. When he saw me he bolted off.

Come to find out after some asking around, the guy was hired by the city to take pictures of different properties around town. A month latter I find that my property taxes went up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join