It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsmax.com - Bin Laden Planning Hiroshima-Type Destruction?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

How very sensitive of you to have such sentiment. I like my city just fine, thank you. We certainly don;t need any more trouble.

hell yeah! I noticed you also live in queens, i'm on 40-lowery and thats REALLY close to the Manhattan. So like every NYC resident on Ats is asking, what rumors?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe

here's the thing, if Iran doesn't have one yet, how on earth can Osama have one or more in his possession and then, how can he get them here? Just seems like it would be harder for the nomad to pull it off.

Well, I would say what Islamic Country *DOES* have a nuclear Weapon.

A: Pakistan

Where is Osama Bin Laden?

A: Pakistan

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
here's the thing, if Iran doesn't have one yet, how on earth can Osama have one or more in his possession and then, how can he get them here? Just seems like it would be harder for the nomad to pull it off.

If there is indeed any truth to this report it could be possible that Iran has already obtained a nuclear deterrent, perhaps from Russia, North Korea, or Pakistan, but what good would it really be to them?

Having a 3rd party such as al-qaeda set off suicide-nukes in New York would be a perfect way for Iran to retaliate against the USA, would it not?

Getting them here would be easier that you think.

It is possible, however there may be only one way to find out for sure.

With Rice now telling Iran that there is only one last shot at diplomacy over the nuke issues is rather ominous... Maybe we'll find out soon.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

This is just more BS, more doom and gloom, unfounded, pure conjecture, speculation, wishful thinking, whatever you want to deem it as...it's all BS. There are no Nuclear weapons that have been smuggled in to the USA...we haven't had any major attacks since 9/11...go ahead and believe it, worry about all day, wait on it and wait on it and wait on it. If you have kids and their kids have kids and their kids have kids they will still be waiting on this doomsday. Fear factor, sheeple.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
total bunk all nuclear weapons are monitored, osama bin laden is dead, nuclear weapons aren't for the layman either, require technical expertise :. people who can arm and assemble are known about, also who would be actually crazy enough to start nuclear war? Because thats what it would mean. Honestly this is some 24 inspired nonsense

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
mate wake up bin laden been dead for years when you have worked that out and 911 was done by the bush government then you will know who is going to plan the next hiroshima do some research its all right there at your finger tips STOP WATCHING MAIN STREAM MEDIA NEWS THEY TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK AND THEY LIE

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
boy they've really gotten their money's worth out of bin laden, haven't they?

it's amazing that anyone is still falling for this nonsense. and the saddest thing of all, people will become numb to their fearmongering and they really will be responsible for murder should an actual warning come out.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gandi

enough stories have been "leaked" about nuclear weapons and/or triggers going "astray" that there are probably a few "unaccounted" for somewhere. if you get my drift.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What kills me about this thread is there are alot of people posting that have not read their history books. Like the guy that posted that OBL doesn't want to attack US citizens. That all he wants to attack is the government. Dude... read your history books. Quit listening to NPR. Every big Islam leader had declared that it is ok to attack citizens because they are the ones that voted in the government. Terrorist DO NOT see them as different. If you think, that they believe there is a difference, then you are in denial. If you don't believe me... ask the children of Beslan. Ask the children of Ma'alot. Or how about the Spanish. How about the American, Leon Klinghoffer, a CITIZEN, that was shot on vacation and dumped over the side of the ship he was on. The Achille Lauro.

So at least half the people posting in this thread should probably read their history books before they make themselves look even more silly.

A little note on OBL... if we don't see his cold dead body, then he is not dead. Let us not forget who trained him and taught him how to disappear. OBL has been playing the game since the Russians invaded Afganistan. He is VERY intelligent and has the resourses to do whatever he needs to do. The people in that region view him as a hero and will hide and help him in anyway they can. He never lies about what he wants to do to us and if he says that he will nuke America, he will. Or he will die trying. And then others will take up his cause.

Some may say that I am fearmongering. If stateing the facts is spreading fear than I am guilty. Do your own research and then come talk about terrorism. Read your history.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
If a nuke went off in Manhattan, it would suck for everything but the cockroaches. They would probably like it.

Chances of it happening at all? Pretty slim...

Chances of that happening as a result of efforts by a pissed off geriatric with a big beard who's been living in hiding for years? Really, really slim...

If nukes do start popping off I, for one, will be very skeptical of whoever it is that media tells us is responsible. Who is more capable, and who has more to gain - shadow government with deep, deep connections to defense contractors, or a black sheep Saudi prince with an axe to grind?

That's the funny thing about conspiracy theories these days - they seem a lot more realistic and probable than the crap the television feeds us.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
So how did the boogeyman get these nukes in the uS?

I don't see that as a big problem at all. Our land borders are extremely porous to begin with, but I suspect that if it comes, it will come by sea. A cargo ship could offload to a fishing boat 100 miles or so offshore, and from there it would be extremely easy to make it onshore.

Even if they made the entire trip by cargo ship, only 4% of incoming freight is inspected anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

"With Rice now telling Iran that there is only one last shot at diplomacy over the nuke issues is rather ominous... Maybe we'll find out soon."

I saw that on CNN too...is that where you saw it? With so much noise saying there will be no war with IRAN (covering their asses), we should have war for one hell of an October surprise.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
We would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind for that to even be the remotest of possibilities...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

And no, it's not that easy. We would be suspicious of any ship carrying that type of payload, based on it's point of origin... There are only so many countries that would even contemplate that type of action... Like 1 or 2...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
We would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind for that to even be the remotest of possibilities...

I don't get it. You talkin' to me? Remote possibility is them (TPTB, MSM) talking about it incessantly. Remote....

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Lets assume a few things here before getting into this topic:

a) Bin Laden is still alive

b) Bin Laden is acting on his own, not at the direction of any high level people.

c) Bin Laden actually wants to cause destruction in the U.S.

Now, assuming all of those are true for arguments sake, (which isn't very likely)...How would he get a nuke?

2 options:

On the "black market" from Russia, or hire a rogue nuclear guy, someone like A.Q. Khan.

Since we all know money talks, and Bin Laden supposedly has quite a bit of it, obtaining a nuke wouldn't be all that difficult.

Now, infiltrating the nuke into the U.S. would be the easy part.

Tons and tons of narcotics make it into the nation every year via foot, boat, plane, donkey, etc etc. A few hundred grand to the smugglers to take a package over the border and deliver to location X would be the easiest way.

That, or take the chance that a shipping container with your nuke in it won't be one of the 2% of containers searched. As for location, avoid the obvious targets like NYC, DC, Chicago, and LA.

Plenty of other large cities that aren't as high profile as those.

Truth be told, if a nuke goes off, my eyes will be looking at the federal government first and foremost. Not for help, but as suspects.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
So how did the boogeyman get these nukes in the uS?

I don't see that as a big problem at all. Our land borders are extremely porous to begin with, but I suspect that if it comes, it will come by sea. A cargo ship could offload to a fishing boat 100 miles or so offshore, and from there it would be extremely easy to make it onshore.

Even if they made the entire trip by cargo ship, only 4% of incoming freight is inspected anyway.

I would have to agree.

I'm not at all certain that over-land borders are that poorly secured; I for one, would not risk trying to smuggle even a small nuke into the US by land.

But but in basic principle, you may be correct.

And most certainly, a sea-borne incursion makes far more sense, and is far more likely.

As I've postuled on these threads previously, it would not even be necessary to "off-load" a smuggled nuke at sea, if the weapon were contained in a watertight canister attached to the keel of a a cargo ship.

The vast metallic bulk of the ship and its containerized cargo, as well as the very ocean itself, would, I believe, adequately mask any stray radiation from the warhead...at least long enough for the vessel to pull far enough into a port to detonate with devasting effect.

Besides, if what we have been led to believe is true, any "above ground" transportation of a radioactive device within the continental US could/would be detected by space-based sensors.

Why risk your deadly, precious cargo to detection by trans-shipping it if you don't have to?

On the other hand; has any ever noticed how much the metal caskets the military uses to ship the remains of its dead look like the wingless airframe of a (nuclear) cruise missle?

Hmmmmm!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Why not bring it in piece by piece and assembly it in country? Really the only thing that would need to be sneaked in would by the payload. Everything else can by brought right here in country.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
how many times has Osama attampted to nuke or set of a biological weapon in america within the past 7 years??? more times i can count.. the Fear mongering doesn't seem to go away, as if the media enjoys inducing fear into society. and no osama hasn't obtained a nuke, beause his dead. it's funny how Bush suddenly considered finding him to be unimportant

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join