It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsmax.com - Bin Laden Planning Hiroshima-Type Destruction?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Newsmax.com - Bin Laden Planning Hiroshima-Type Destruction?

www.newsmax.com

Does Osama bin Laden possess nuclear weapons? Has he smuggled these weapons into the United States? Does he have a plan to detonate these weapons in multiple American cities if Israel attacks Iran’s nuclear facilities? Dr. Hugh Cort, president of the American Foundation for Counter-Terrorism Policy and Research, believes the answer to all of these questions is yes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This seems to remind me a bit of the television series Jericho that was ended about a half year ago. The events specifically with the occurence of simultaneous nuclear detonations in the USA. Yor thoughts on the possibility of this?

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wow. Haven't heard from this one in a while! I think you will find this relatively debunked. But who knows?

American Hiroshima, page 1
Nov 7, 2005 ... Discusion about American Hiroshima in the AboveTopSecret.com website alternative topics discussion forum War On Terrorism.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread153363/pg1

WAR: "American Hiroshima", page 1
Nov 7, 2005 ... A plan, being dubbed as "American Hiroshima", consists of multiple detonations of nuclear weapons that have already been smuggled into the ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread153376/pg1

American Hiroshima: Al Qaeda's Nuclear Threat, page 1
Nov 9, 2005 ... Discusion about American Hiroshima: Al Qaeda's Nuclear Threat in the AboveTopSecret.com website alternative topics discussion forum War On ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread166431/pg1

Where is bin Laden? Author locates him alive, well, planning ...
Author locates him alive, well, planning 'American Hiroshima' in the ... I think I read somewhere that this "American Hiroshima" was suposed to happen today ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread160666/pg1

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Personally I don't think it will be something as big as this guy is claiming with a little over half a dozen cities getting nuked; I think it will be a little more of a single city getting nuked, most likely New York City from the rumors I've personally heard. Also a few years ago VP Cheney did say it was a matter of when a nuclear detonation would go off in the US and not a matter of whether or not.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The problem with all of this is that Bin Laden has said, as reported by US media, that he does not want to hurt US civilians. He wants to hurt the government, and the military. He has repeated that time and time again. Outside of 911 (believe what you will), he has only attacked political or military targets. Dropping a nuke out of nowhere onto the US populace is not something I could see him doing. They are at war with the US government, not the people.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
most likely New York City from the rumors I've personally heard.

feel free to tell me how accurate your source of rumors usually is because, well, I love my city but I sure as hell don't want to be here if there's a big red target over my head.

This nuke story comes over and over again but always seems to sort of vanish.

here's the thing, if Iran doesn't have one yet, how on earth can Osama have one or more in his possession and then, how can he get them here? Just seems like it would be harder for the nomad to pull it off.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
just wondering how hard it would be to fly a nuke in on a private plane? how are they screened if at all?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
fear mongering
Ever seen the tv show jericho? not just basing my idea on the tv show but seems more likely that a government plot to subue citizens or pursue their overall goals further than a so called terrorist group would be able to procure the necessary weapons to carry out an attack.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

I wouldn't trust Hugh Cort. He says that Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11. Here's what it says on his presidential campaign website:

According to his campaign literature Dr. Cort is running for President of the United States "because the Lord has given me a very important message to give to America. This message is that America has gotten so far away from God and His protection, with abortion, homosexual marriage, and many other sins, that destruction is coming on America a million times worse than 9/11." Cort's campaign literature goes on to say. "Another reason I am running is to push for 'The McInerney Plan.' My friend General Tom McInerney, Fox News military analyst, says we will never win the War in Iraq until we deal with Iran..."

Here's another thing from his campaign site:

Dr. Cort is a Christian conservative who believes in traditional values, he strongly supports a pro-life amendment to the U.S. Constitution banning abortion and a pro-marriage amendment stating that marriage is between a man and a woman only. He is against raising taxes and for reducing government spending. He is pro-business and is in favor of tort reform to reduce frivolous lawsuits.

And besides, Newsmax is a very right-wing website (and magazine).

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i buy into the ideal that osama has died

it has been too long and too quiet, i dont think he is as much of a threat as he was put out to be

again my opinion, granted there are still things set up to make us live in fear and quite possibly do harm somewhere in this country to make us fall even more into fear and war

its turning into a sad life

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The question is not "Could Bin Laden feasibly conduct an America Hiroshima plot?" so much as "Could the cabal within the shadow govt feasibly conduct an America Hiroshima plot?". I think we both know the answer.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Scary! Bin Laden is commin' to git cha! Look out! Terror in the skies! Vote Republican!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ahhh, isn't that convenient after OUR military flew nukes over civilian populations, and LOST some as well...Wonder where they are?

The transparency of the next false flag operation has been obscenely apparent for quite some time. Now all they need is their boogeyman to blame it on.

My feeling is that it will likely be in the form of "Iranian Operatives" though.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Well, it's either there or else DC I would think because a strike on one of those two cities would effectively cripple the US and likely the world.
I also heard rumors of there being a nuke somewhere in NYC but the authorities not being able to find it. I'm not saying that the place I heard these from are the most reliable, but this is a discussion.
I just brought up this article because I thought it was interesting, I am skeptical of the chances of it happening.

But, there have been things going on lately these past few months. Ron Paul saying that big events are going to be happening soon, rumors on some of these other threads about Congress knowing of an imminent threat of martial law, etc.
It wouldn't suprise me if a nuclear detonation were the thing. People seem to be expecting a major economic event from what I have picked up from their posts rather than something physically destructive.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is called Fear Mongering! This is propaganda devised to intimidate and ultimately entrench control over us. There will not likely be this kind of attack ever.

People are people, be they from the USA or Iraq. Most of us do not want to die or to kill, that is the pass time of the elite.

Do not buy into the fear. Do not subscribe to the Us vrs Them mentality, we are all in this together.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I totally agree! If you have heard rumors that NYC would be nuked I would be very appreciative of that info. Come to think of it, so would about 9 million other people. What are these rumors?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't think a nuke will go off in America, I think if anything a nuke will go off in Israel...because it would instantly cause a world war. Anyhow, I read a piece in TIME magazine about Bin Laden recently...I think it is only a matter of time before he attacks again...seeing as his death is almost near because of his kidney disease, I'm sure he'll want to go out with a bang.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
I also heard rumors ....

Well I heard rumours that Santie Claus lives at the North Pole, and that the moon is made of green cheese.

These "rumours" of yours - whats the source of them?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Eh, let them nuke a couple of cities. So long as a wave of radioactive, displaced city vagrants don't start panhandling where I am. Most cities can use a little "revitalization" if you catch my drift. Welcome to NY, brotha! Got any change?

Anyway, I've pretty much become desensitized to the constant threat of boogeymen and their nukes and chemicals and germs. The plummeting dollar and erosion of natural liberties seems a little more important to this nations well-being than some bearded freak in a cave.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

How very sensitive of you to have such sentiment. I like my city just fine, thank you. We certainly don;t need any more trouble.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join