It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsmax.com - Bin Laden Planning Hiroshima-Type Destruction?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

These are rumors I've heard from word of mouth and random articles over the years mainly. It's been a while since I've read the articles themselves, so I don't think I'm going to be much help there. But yeah, I know it's not really too legitimate. I'm speculating mainly.
But most rumors typically start from some sort of fact, right?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe

in this case, I'm going hope not

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It would be extreamly surprising is Bin Laden was still alive. He was sick with Kidney problems 6 years ago and I am not aware of any suitcase dialisys machine. He is a tool used to propigate fear. We need to always have an enemy. Russia isn't much of an enemy anymore and we can't piss off China because they are a legitimate threat. Not saying that Russia is not but we have been trying to play nice for a little while. I wish the leaders of the USA would direct the fear and anger toward a real villan. Those importers of coacaine and heroin. The Meth labs and crack dealers, the gangs. You know the ones that are destroying this country from the inside. (that is as long as they aren't the ones importing bad things to finance things that shouldn't be.)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Whether he is right or not is up to debate but he is completely serious. He ran advertisements during February saying that we were going to have a nuclear bomb go off in America and that he was the only candidate that could stop it. His message is down right scary. Hugh Cort talking about it More guys talking about it

[edit on 18-7-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

In the psyops world, one of the very first games you learn to play is chinese whispers. Its fun and its free and it doesn't rely on anything apart from peoples imaginations, which tend to get more vivid over time.

So when - for example - spec_ops_wannabe asks on ATS if its possible that there could be a nuke in NYC, and someone posulates its possible, then pretty soon Joe Bloggs on anothersite.com will end up saying "some guy on ATS says that theres a nuke in NYC" (unless the site is related to Sorcha Faal, in which case the story would be that NYC has already been vapourised, aliens have moved into the empty space and the federal government is covering it up).

So...no..they don't have to have a basis in fact. But using the whispers, and parrot technique, and relying on peoples gullibility and paranoia then the kind of stuff where people speculate soon becomes "fact", and before you know it...... well, here we are.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I believe that there is nearly a 100% probability that a nuclear terrorist event will occur somewhere in the world within the next few years. The technology is not that difficult, and complete instructions on how to make a nuclear device is available at most libraries. Lets hope that no nuclear devices were sold to terrorist organizations after the breakup of the former Soviet Union.

It is a scary world we live in today, no matter what your politics are.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I didn't realize that bin Laden was that fond of Iran that he'd launch a nuke in their honor? What does that tell us? Is he a guest of Ahmadinejad?

Originally posted by Rook1545

The problem with all of this is that Bin Laden has said, as reported by US media, that he does not want to hurt US civilians. He wants to hurt the government, and the military. He has repeated that time and time again.

Bwahahahahaha!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I figured you would get a laugh out of that. So, you just prefer to cherrypick which of his statements to believe and which not to believe? That is a serious question btw. How do you choose which statements of his to believe? Is there something about them that lets you know they are right? Does God tell you?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Okay I really feel the need to ask, but we haven't heard nor seen anything from bin laden from how long? If he was bent on really destroying us why is he just now resurfacing?

Also a bit off topic what ever happened to the person sending out anthrax? At first it was an epidemic, then it just stopped. I dunno I kind of smell something funny with this whole "War on Terror"

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Originally posted by Rook1545

I figured you would get a laugh out of that. So, you just prefer to cherrypick which of his statements to believe and which not to believe? That is a serious question btw. How do you choose which statements of his to believe? Is there something about them that lets you know they are right? Does God tell you?

No, but it looks like you believe Osama and Allah! Do you speak to them on a regular basis?

Thanks for the belly laugh!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

No, I more or less believe what makes sense, and until someone can show me some kind of proof that is not a mockery of common sense, I will believe the guy that hasn't lied yet. I don't expect you to understand that, but I do expect you to make juvenile fun of it like always. And what kind of decent Christian doesn't believe in Allah? They wouldn't be a Christian if they didn't believe in Allah.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Rook1545]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Newsmax??? The ultra conservative, right wing, republican propaganda mouth piece??? This is just some more of their scare tactics to get you to vote for McCain, because as you all know, republicans are the only ones who can lead the "war on terror". This should not even be posted as news on ATS.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This will be a long post because I very mixed feelings on the validity of the claim. First, I'm pretty sure by going to the source website that this is a repeat of old reports.

In addition, the author's primary source is Hamid Mir. See below quote from the OP's article.

Much of his evidence centers around one Hamid Mir, a Pakistani journalist

You can find many posts on ATS quoting him. Several posts are mine. I started out believing his information, but the more I researched him, the less faith I have on his "word", which is all we have from him.

It turns out that he was fired from his first journalism jobs for posting unverifiable/sensational stories, then he surfaced as founding editor for a new Pak newspaper.

In in late Sept. 2001 he published an article that Dawn picked up as an "Interview" with OBL that was not an interview. He says that in reality someone handed him a piece of paper that was from OBL. He published that as a factual interview, and CNN, BBC, etc. picked up the story as an interview.

Thus began his fame, and to this day ATS members still post this non-interview as a solid reference to OBL claiming he didn't do 9/11. Even though the paper he claims he was given has never surfaced. All we have is his word on it. No verifiable material.

Hamid Mir — the last journalist to interview Osama bin Laden

About three hours after the attack on September 11 that same messenger visited my office. At the time I was very scared. I asked him what was going on, and he gave me a document in Arabic from Osama. It said he supported the attack but had no hand in it. Next day I published that in the paper. The story spread all over the world, and everyone began to ask how I knew the statement was from bin Laden.

Then the Pakistan government began to put pressure on me. They were telling me to say straight away that it wasn't an authentic statement. Otherwise, they said, the Americans would confront me. I replied that I didn't see any problem, and that I was simply a journalist who had published a statement I'd received. After that I had to give interviews to many CNN and BBC programs.

The very next month (November 7-9th, 2001), during all this global attention he was getting, Hamid claims to have traveled to and personally interviewed OBL in Afghanistan.
He came back and published the "notes" from the interview in a new article that is now used as "solid evidence" that OBL has nukes, even though there is no hard evidence the interview took place, nor what was actually said if it did happen. Again CNN and the rest of the news sent the article across the globe.

Hamid's "proof" that the interview took place is:

• A picture of him and OBL sitting on a bed together. (Photoshop?)
  • Its reported he let some reporters look at the film negative of the picture. (Proof please)
  • Its reported his passport is stamped that he was in Afghanistan at that time. (Proof Please)
  • Its reported that he recorded some of the interview on audio.
(Proof Please)

I've not seen any of the reports question the material or the source. Neither did I see any of them attempt to validate the "interview". I'm not aware of any audio analysis of the tape. No image analysis of the pic, and no analysis of the film negative.

We only Hamid's word that any of this took place. Until he agree's to release the material for analysis thats all there is. His word.

The interviews that he has given to news agencies after this timeline include reiterations of his story that OBL has nukes. He even specifies that he tracked 3 suitcase nukes to Europe, where he lost their trail in Italy. He provides no evidence for this.

Since that time his fame has allowed him to interview many high profile diplomats, etc. and become an editor for GEO TV. In the last couple of years he has used his position like a pulpit to attack Pak President Mushi. As a result it stirred up so many protests that GEO TV was taken down by the Pak gov.

It came back to life a few days later on a U.S. ISP. Then it moved to Dubai where Hamid continues to attack Mushi enough that it is still under strong pressure from both Dubai and Pak to shutdown his editorial or have the whole site shutdown.

That being said, I've not seen evidence disproving his reports either, but for this important of a topic, I would prefer much stronger evidence than is provided by "the source".

On the other hand I also consider that there are reports from other sources, many of which Hellmutt and other ATS members have documented about warheads and suitcase nukes. Quite a few reports appear well before Hamid Mir's "interviews".

A handy reference to early reports are listed on page 71 of a Thesis from the Naval Postgraduate School in California.
www.ccc.nps.navy.mil...

This same table of references also appears on the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies.

One example it lists is an obscure report from Dec. 2000 that 20 nukes were intercepted in route to OBL from Europe. Unfortunatly, I have not been able to find that article, although it seems that the BBC and others picked it up.

Kazakhstan Time-Line 1989- 2000

2000 December 24. Reports of sale of nuclear warheads.

Arab Security Sources Speak of a New Scenario for Afghanistan: Secret Roaming Networks that Exchange Nuclear Weapons for Drugs," Al-Sharq al-Awsat, 24 December 2000. The intelligence agency of an unnamed European country reportedly intercepts a shipment of approximately twenty nuclear warheads--originating from Kazakhstan, Russia, Turkmenistan, and the Ukraine--intended for Bin Ladin and the Taliban regime of Afghanistan.

So the OBL nuke reports are not without precedent, and there is some evidence, although none that have hard evidence as far as I can tell. Most of it seems to be rumor, and anonymous sources.

However, there are some court testimony from captured combatants that seems to back up a few of the reports.

If you've read this far you can see why my feelings are mixed.

[edit on 7/18/08 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

I read the entire post. Thank you for that. That is the kind of thing I am looking for, it helps to make a decision when there are 4 or 5 sources and none of them SEEM to be "so and so told me his cousin told him that he saw on youtube, that Osama has nukes".

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So how did the boogeyman get these nukes in the uS?
Did he shove them up his butt, put on a sombrero, sneak across the border, get a job at Wal-Mart and is just waiting til the right time to position the nukes and set them off?

Puh-Leez, seriously guys, if anyone is going to nuke us it will be our own government.

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
the only thing that comes to mind is that osama didnt have much to do with 9/11 besides just using his picture alot and alot of publicity not that he needs it but thats beside the point and considering how much power was gained just through 9/11 not that it wasnt a big deal just when you compare that to a nuke going off they would be able to pull of much more BS i believe 9/11 was planned to strike fear into the people and make them need them more and with a nuke i think it would be the very same thing except to gain extreme control more retarded laws and policies more spying fear is what is making those old men more and more rich every day or maybe its not even money maybe theres a higher agenda who knows besides them and osama and all those videos of him do you realy know that what they tell us hes saying is actualy what hes saying?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

I find what you have to say very interesting...

One of the things that sticks out most in my mind about 9/11 was a video tape that was played on a major news source, don't remember. And with my cloudy memory I don't recall if it was an actual interview or if it was just footage of OBL and someone talking over it. However this whole video segment was about Bin Laden applauding the attacks BUT NOT TAKING ANY CREDIT for them whatsoever, in fact this story showed him denying having anything to do with 9/11 as the major headline.

The next day all of the media had him as target number one and I never saw that video clip again. I still think about it and wonder exactly what it I saw, if it only ran once or if it is mostly my memory failing and kind of creating something I want to see? I find the latter hard to believe because I can almost remember the detail of the video and I remember discussing it with my mother after it ran asking who that man was.

But this article got me thinking, maybe the video I saw was a reporter commenting on this supposed false information, I guess i'll never know...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Tell the families of all the innocents that died on 9/11 that bin Laden doesn't want to hurt civilians.:shk:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It would help if Bin laden was alive...but anyway...tell the hundreds of thousands of families in Iraq how democracy *lol* ie puppets was was worth it...ok edit that was nasty....but Bin laden didnt mean to actually bring down the towers,but hey the guy was still evil...it was meant as a political statement i think,not a mass killing...if you count 2,000 as mass...Even things like beheadings were deplorable to him...still an evil guy...but smart enough to know brute violence doesnt get you what you want all the time...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

most likely New York City from the rumors I've personally heard.

feel free to tell me how accurate your source of rumors usually is because, well, I love my city but I sure as hell don't want to be here if there's a big red target over my head.

This nuke story comes over and over again but always seems to sort of vanish.

here's the thing, if Iran doesn't have one yet, how on earth can Osama have one or more in his possession and then, how can he get them here? Just seems like it would be harder for the nomad to pull it off.

Actually, quite possible..

Well rather it would have been easy to obtain one, but not exactly "maintain it" with out a governments support...

Osama had and has heavy support from the Pakistani Intelligence community.. as well as the House of Saud.. the House of Saud used the Pakistani Intelligence community to help plot out the attack on 9/11.. that much is known ..

However, Pakistan has Nukes, we know that as fact, it's highly likely that Saudi Arabia also has nukes, like Israel, but keeps it quite. They have the money, the connections, and they seem to be the only ones we get along with aside from Pakistan..

So if Osama reeaaalllly wanted to, and had the cash, he could have got one from Pakistan.

OR as the Soviet Union collapsed, nuclear weapons have gone missing.. some never found.. many generals where bought off from the Soviet Bloc, men and weapons funneled as mercenaries into other countries to train and support rising armies..

Is it possible to steal portable Nukes from old Soviet generals? Possible, even easier to buy one.. and have the Pakistanis maintain them..

a nuclear bomb radiates heat as a bi-product of it's fuel, and can be detected by American satellites.. So I don't know if it's possible to sneak one into the country undetected .. unless you used the Canadian or Mexican border, which is wide open.... but still ... nukes need constant care to maintain

So I would so possible, but not probable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join