It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you having dreams that are stranger than normal?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Just a couple of night's ago I had a dream where I received a phone call, 'cept that there was a weird tone on the line. Then a voice comes on and says, "Please hold for Presidential Candidate Barack Obama." Well, sure enough the Senator from IL comes on the phone, and introduces himself. I tell the Senator "Good morning" and "What can I do for you Senator." He informs me that he will be in my area in the near future and wanted to use my home as a backdrop for a campaign speech. I agree to it. Then, I get a visit the next day from Obama's people who have hired some contractors to fix up the front of our house for Obama's visit.

Very weird and very vivid, and I'm not an Obama supporter, but got my house fixed up for free.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A dream that occured a couple of nights ago....this is the first time I can remember waking up in a dream, then really waking up FROM the dream....I was alseep then woke up to hearing weird noises coming from the other rooms in my house, I got up out of bed and felt as if I was drunk beacuse I couldn't see too clearly and I was swaying to the point of almost falling down....I open the door to my bedroom and hit my head on the top of the door frame as if I am taller than usuall, then I try to walk down the hallway and my head is dragging on the ceiling so much I have to cock my head to the side to continue walking, then I find that my mom and dad and girlfriend are having some kind of weird get together in the garage because the power had gone out but they did not bother to wake me up.
Then I ask my girlfriend if I looked taller to her and went to show her how I was dragging my head along the ceiling of the hallway but by that time I had started to shrink back to normal size...then I woke up.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
oh oh oh! another recurring one where i'm in college and i find out my class schedule the day of finals. I actually did well in school, maybe focused on it too much. Weird how 14 years removed from school I still have this dream once in awhile.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have always had 'vivid' dreams. They come and go and recently they have come back.

One of them was I was in the 50s (poodle skirts).. I wasn't even born until the 80s... we were at some church and I remember somebody playing the piano, he was in a suit, and I was there looking for somebody, in my "mind" I knew that that was my 'mission' that I was to find someone. Also we were singing hail mary (a song version that to my knowledge doesn't exist) and I'm not catholic. I never found the person.

I've had some dreams that are 'scary' and I'd just like to push them to the back of my mind.

I have also had a silly one where some guy was trying to steal my dyson vacuum. He did NOT succeed. (I love that vacuum).

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I had a dream a few nights ago where me and my friend were driving at night and we got to an intersection. There were a few empty cars in the middle of the road and the stop lights weren't on. They were off. The sky was also very dark and it was light rain and a little bit of storm. It felt chilly and me and him were trying to figure out what was going on. Really weird.

I don't remember anything else.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
well if anyone is reading this thread still I have a theory.

This thread got me to wondering about why exactly do we dream at night so I did a little research. I found this

www.uncommon-knowledge.co.uk...

Dreams Get Rid of Emotional Arousal

It has been agreed for some time that dreams deal with emotion. However, not all emotion causes dreaming. Only emotional arousal unexpressed while awake causes us to dream. So, for example, if you have a screaming row with your partner you are unlikely to dream about it as the emotional arousal was allowed full expression. However if you become angry with someone at work but cannot express it then this frustration will probably be played out during dreaming.

How Do Dreams Work?

The brain will 'flush out' emotional arousal by creating a dream of a scenario that parallels the real-life experience - a metaphor. So, the work colleague from above might be symbolised by a monster and your anger would be allowed expression as you attacked the dream creature.

So if dreams get rid of emotional arousal, then isn't it just getting rid of all of our fears that something is going to happen. You sit there all day wondering, is it going to be climate change, an asteroid, a nuclear war, terrorism, etc. Maybe this is just out minds natural way of releasing those emotions, and pairing them with some kind of ending that your mind has raced to in some time.

I too feel something is going to happen, but sometimes you just have to think more logically.

-J

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Interesting. The only difference in my dream world lately is kind of big for me considering I've always been a pretty vivid and involved dreamer.

Instead of being a participant in the dream, it's as if I have only been allowed to observe the dream, but not interact. I've never had that happen before, just the past few weeks.

I've been exhausted though due to stress and being ill, so possibly the non-participation is my brain's way of making me "rest"
I've also had a year or so of stress and dealing with unavoidable bad situations to which my attitude has been to let things take care of themselves and I've intentionally dealt with things without becoming over-involved so the same attitude may have carried over to my dream state.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
I agree. Lately (in the past month alone) my dreams have been very vivid, very strange and I have no trouble remembering them at all. It is very weird to see that I am not alone here. I thought it was just me.

I have to agree.

They are so real when I wake up Im still there and then I have to rearrange my mind to be here.

It's like I'm awake 24 hours a day either here or somewhere else.

sarc

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I have been a lucid dreamer for as long as I can remember. I've seen and done some odd S#i7 over my time (29 yo) on the "astral plane" as well as "other" as far as the various "dimensions" it's possible to tap into while sleeping. I've seen a gradual "shift" if you will over the years. It seriously has been feeling like that "plane" is gradually shifting or converging with this one in some ways. I thought I might have been going crazy for awhile until I kept testing my theory which eventually lead me here and other places and have found many others who say the same thing. I highly recommend checking out what David Wilcock has to say on the "why" it seems we are all having this happen. Long story short, we're coming up on a "syncing" of sorts here that you hear everyone talking about from every which angle you look at things, scientific or mystic.

Yes our subconscious communicates quiet a bit to us via sleeping. Yes you do "index" the events of your day while you sleep. Yes you do process those events and characters into "dream sign". Yes they all do come from you, and yes there definitely is some that are more then "just a dream" as all dreams mean something. These visions are projections from your mind, into your consciousness, and sometimes it appears they can be "other" as well.

My best advice for dealing with your dreams is to get to know yourself better in an honest non-judgmental way, and they'll guide you to your true self. Over my "travels" I have learned how to interpret dreams & dream sign fairly well and would be happy to offer insight into any dreams should anyone want another take on it? I don't claim to be able to tell you "oh it's for sure about this!" as only you truly know what the meaning and through our own choices as individuals, do we manifest those dreams into this "reality".

Oh yeah and I definitely see a "quickening" of dreams going on for sure everywhere I go I over hear someone talking about dreams, or someone I know will all of a sudden ask me about dreams who doesn't dream often, as well as my own dreams being "amplified" (as opposed to "more"), etc. Very interesting times we're living in

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
My friend and I were discussing this very topic earlier tonight as he had been experiencing strange dreams as well. A couple of evenings ago I laid down for an hour's nap and woke up quite distressed. I remembered dreaming of a place I have never been. I had a name but the more I was waking up I forgot all but the last part of it and that was "peninsula". So somewhere on some peninsula all heck was breaking loose because hot molten lava was rising from beneath the ground. Now I do not remember seeing any mountain or volcano either. People were dying trying to escape. It was really awful.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
from july 7 to july 11 I woke up soaking wet with sweat every night at allmost exactly the same time,between 1:30am and 2am.may be nothing but first time it has ever happened to me.I dont recall any dreams though.I just thought it was strange,same time every night.Glad i am on the afternoon shift for couple weeks now.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
the other night I had a dream where I was with some friends outside then we heard the wind blow and everybody had to run inside.. if you were caught outside you would die instantly.. So then all of a sudden I woke up in my dream at my house and my little brother wanted to go outside so I knew there was a little time before this wind would blow before people would die instantly.. Then at the end it came to the point where no body could go outside without dieing instantly then I woke up from this horrid dream.. And the wierd thing is I had this dream 2 days before I went to see the movie The Happening

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

Hey i've had trouble sleeping and had weird dreams.I'm in indiana.
Is it the food or sodas or maybe something in the air?Just out of curiousity
what has everybody been eating and drinking?I drink pepsi's and bottled water.I eat hamburgers and fries bought from store.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yea, I've been having some really weird dreams lately.

The last one struck me as very odd, though.

I was with a bunch of parents in a dark room with a television. There were snacks and seats, and I didn't really notice anything other than the snacks, myself, and the seat I was on. But then, the leaders of the NWO lead us into a room, where we all were to sit somewhere around a circular, plain table. The walls were dark, with lights pointing upwards in that funky minimalist way. I found my girlfriend, and I put my hand on her shoulder to reaffirm her as I sat next to her on the floor, where the NWO people couldn't see me. The time skipped to the end of the meeting, where me and my girlfriend walked outside of the room to find a larger, open room, nicely decorated (for minimalism), and the wall facing the door was made up of windows. (You know those glass walls?) Outside was a largeish river, and it looks as if the building was build slightly taller than but inside of the river. The river was murky and all that (like any remotely well-known British river, though I'm thinking of the river Nidd). There were lots of trees on the other side of the river, and in the distance was Parliament. Suddenly, I noticed that there was suddenly a huge hole in the river, as if someone had encircled it and pressed "delete", and water was pouring down the hole. I pointed this out to my girlfriend, really quite worried for our safety, but she thought nothing of it.

I really dislike vivid dreams.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
yeh, I've been having strange dreams as well, more odd though. One of them was when I was solving an x-file with scully and we were investigating david copperfields grandson who was a benedictine monk and who lived in a tiny oak tree well anyway........

Peace and love, Kyron Weetra!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I too have been having very strange dreams myself. And they have been very vivid as the most of yas have been having as well. Very ambient dreams I must say. There are many recently of somewhat surreal comfort and some that have been totally whacked out and effed up. The most memoriable one of recently in that lucid state and most mesmerizing moment was a random open moonlit night with craft of that looking of a military foundation were flowing in the sky as gently as whales in the ocean. And beside me was a forest on the left and a symphony orchestra playing the most beautiful music i have ever heard as i gazed at the beauty of some distant technology i have never seen. It was so lucid but like I was there at the same time. If I can go back to that moment i would never leave. So yea I have been having some crazy dreams lately too. Any similar expieriences? The only thing i can say about what the symphony was playing was of complete similarity to the Song "Timelessness" by fear factory on their album Obsolete. crazyness

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Interesting thread, nice to be able to compare other peoples dreams and experiences. Recently I moved from the UK, I cant recall a single dream for years. However, the past few weeks I have been remembering them and it really hits you hard. Some have been fun and enlightening but the ones in the past few weeks and last night disturb me a little.

One last week, bear with me as its hard to explain and translate it all into text. Had me 'competing' or running away from what I feel are aliens. As I recall they looked like the stereotypical Grey's, but had our skin colour and wrinkled slightly. Its hard to explain but we were having a battle of minds, I would be running but in me head, and I would feel that they were in there pulling me back, there were 2 or 3 of them in this park/forest. The battle seemed the more I concentrate the further I would get but they would overpower me and draw me back and be inside my thoughts.

I woke up frozen in a sweat and was actually quite scared. I cant remember more of it.

Then last night I was sleeping and looking at myself sleeping then I hear this strange music or sounds that made a pattern, and I really feel that the sounds were real, they were 'waves' going into my left ear, I didnt seem to mind but couldn't work out if I was sleeping or not, again I saw these visions of aliens then nothing.
I awoke this morning with a terrible pain on the right side of my neck.

I do accept that his could be my imagination and because I have been trying to meditate and detox my body scine the move, my body and mind could be playing tricks on me. I have been researching more about aliens and UFO's then ever before so this is a factor that I also have to consider.

I just feel it strange that now I am starting to remember my dreams and that they are quite strange.

Anyway thanks for listening (reading)

Peace Lestat

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I've always had wierd dreams, and i've always remembered them. The week or so my dreams are worrying me. My dreams are still very vivid, but they're about really strange things, it's like when i'm dreaming i'm thinking why the hell am i dreaming about this ? Problem is as soon as i'm finished dreaming, it's like something locks the dream up in my brain and when i wake up i can't remember anything except having a really wierd dream. I can only remember that in one dream there was a donkey or mule in it

Another thing is i normally don't dream every night, at least not that i'm aware of. The past week or so though i'm aware that i've been dreaming every night. And it also seems like i'm dreaming longer dreams than usual, but yet it seems like the time i'm dreaming is shorter.

What i'm also tryin to figure out is that for over three years now i've been having trouble sleeping, wake up all night long about every two hours. But for the past week or so i've been sleeping straight through the night, but when i wake up it's very hard for me to actually wake up, i don't feel like i've slept all night. It feels more like i fell asleep, had a dream, and then woke up. I'm really drained lately, one of my friends even commented the other day that i look exhausted.

Is anyone else noticing a change in their sleeping patterns coinciding with a change in their dreams, and feeling exhausted ?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yes, my sleeping patterns have changed. I notice that even if I get 7-8 hours I still feel kind of tired and dazed throughout the day.

I can relate to what you say about waking up knowing that you have had a strange dream but your brain seems to lock it.

Think im gonna have to lay of the coffee and maybe come off line a few hours earlier!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Yes!
Most of my life i would have small vague dreams but for the last 6 months, i have had really vivid dreams from wacky fun to apocalyptic. Its actually quite refreshing and scary sometimes. For a full 2weeks; i had really vivid dreams, like 2 or 3 a night even. I just had a couple last night. wild! but i dont feel tired or run down like that other thread mentions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join