It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is there so much satanism disinfo here

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

Don't say "nobody" Lucifer. There are a few of us. It's just such a big site it's sometimes hard to find each other.

And, of course, it's an 'open access' site, which means that every bored kid out of school, every frustrated bully looking for people to pick on, and the people who get their cheap thrills from making fun of other people are here, and we can't keep them out.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet. And, September is coming .. it may get a little better when school starts back up.

Oh, and about Satanism .. I do think it is unfair that people don't bother to check out any facts before blaming Satanism for so much, but for one people are lazy and for two they don't like to be proved wrong. Actually thinking about this stuff and having to revise one's opinion to reflect new facts is such hard work!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

why do we have to frame everything evil from a christian point of view?

Ahh yes the church of Satan. Needlessly pitching babies off cliffs and sex with goats, for the members of church to have sucess, THANKS SATAN!

I am not a Satanist and I know more about Satanism then most of ignorant people on this site, And I to am extremely sick of seeing everything that is not remotely Christian being tossed of as satanic. Hey I am not Christian and I am not Satanic. But heaven forbid, we think outside of the Christian way, I wanna become a Full priest in the Wicca faith, I am not going to turn to the church of Satan, I am not going to pick up Harry Potter and Learn the Demon spawn spells, I am going to simply study a Pre-Christian, Pre-Satanic faith and become ordain.

Unfortunately I've learn that though I am angered by it, that this may well constitute as a Christian Nation. I've learned to deal with it because I can do nothing without.

Sticking up for the Original poster (by now I forget your name SORRY!) I want every Christian to remember, SATANISM WOULD NOT EXSIST If you didn't push Christian Beliefs and Kill people for not believing your Propaganda. Satanism is a Legitamite religion with nearly 30 million followers worldwide. So it isn't as big as Christianity, but who cares. But if you continue to sit there and Claim everything non-Christian is Satanic I will either call you a Baptist or a Coward.

FREEDOM OF RELIGION IS A FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT!!
FREEDOM OF STUPIDITY IS YOUR OWN RIGHT!!!

LEAVE SATANISM ALONE!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
re22666 you probably figured this out already but you are truly wasting your time here. The name of this site is misleading "AbovetopSecret". Sure you Can find some interesting articles but when it comes to discussion based on fact nobody really cares or wants to know. I'm sure you most likly thought that this would be a place where you would be able to start a dialog with like minded people that think out of the box only to discover that most of the people on this site are not interested with learning because they have it all figured out, don't you get it, they already know. re22666 you and I are among the few that are just to stupid to understand that life is great everything is perfect, who needs fact, why the hell should you research something before you base an opinoin on it. I honestly don't know whats wrong with people like you and I, I mean isn't it obvious that all the main stream info is correct and the Occult info is BS. After all look what a great Job Humans have done taking care of things, the world is in such great shape right now can you imagine how great we'll be in another 20years!!! Man I can't wait, you know what re22666 I give up on all this silly Occult stuff, I'm going to join the rest of Humanity and be a part of all the wounderful progress we are making! What do ya say!

[edit on 7/28/2008 by XcLuciFer]

LOL. not only do you have a great point but most of the early posts (first 11 pages) illustrate that perfectly. ahh the perfect human. so smart, so much better than everything else. hell if most of the stupid things people said here are indicative of the majority, then id rather be a godd*mned monkey any day, if it werent for the fact that it wont be long before humans screw it up for everything else on this planet completely anyway.
the world was born and grew just fine without our help. thank god humans evolved enough to destroy it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
reply to

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet. And, September is coming .. it may get a little better when school starts back up.

so have you been here long enough to have seen a september on this site and all the stupid kids go away? there is at least one moron stalker on every thread i have been on except this one. this one just gets one hit each from all of 'em. i really want to believe you are right.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobhitmusic

Unfortunately I've learn that though I am angered by it, that this may well constitute as a Christian Nation. I've learned to deal with it because I can do nothing without.

sometimes i wish it truly were a christian nation. just imagine if the 10 commandments were the basis of all laws. for one thing they come in different orders depending on where you look and have slightly different interpretations but mostly they stay the same in form. so just imagine all these neo-conservative, christian, partiot wannabes when all our military must be disbanded and all handguns banned from police and citizens.
unless i missed it somewhere, i cannot find the "Self-defense" clause in the thou shall not kill rule. there is no -unless, but, or, anything like that. just you cannot kill. so we are all christians. cops cant kill. soldiers cant kill. oh to sit and watch all the christian patriots freakin lose it when they come to get the guns they should not have to begin with. not according to the bibles i have.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

No, but I have seen posts from people who have been here a long time (2 or 3 years or more) talking about the "usual" influx of trolls and kids in the Summer, so I am being optomistic.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
reply to post by re22666

No, but I have seen posts from people who have been here a long time (2 or 3 years or more) talking about the "usual" influx of trolls and kids in the Summer, so I am being optomistic.

well thanks. maybe i will wait until then before trying to open any new threads. maybe then more than 5% of the people that post on it will be able to read the original post before ranting at me about what they think it said.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

too late now. you've already got it fixed in your mind that anyone who disagrees with you is either trolling your thread or simply too lazy to read the OP (and although that may be the case occassionally, you can't chalk up all dissent to trolls and lazy people). not that you haven't fairly acknowledged when someone has read the op and disagreed with you, but it's human nature to remember the bad more often than the good (which may explain some of your dilemma), and after this many pages, all you'll remember is the bad.

watch and see.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
(postscript: i think you set yourself up for this disappointment. 1) you chose a name with seemingly negative connotations, 2) you chose an avatar with seemingly negative connotations, 3) and you started a thread with a title sure to generate negative attention, and finally, 4) you got what you wanted -- disappointment.

interesting. have you ever considered the way your mind works? why you think the way you do, why you respond the way you do? people are fascinating and this includes yourself. i'm sure you've thought long and hard about the way other people function, but what about the way you function? i bet that'd be an interesting thread topic, too.)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Originally posted by undo

(postscript: i think you set yourself up for this disappointment. 1) you chose a name with seemingly negative connotations, 2) you chose an avatar with seemingly negative connotations, 3) and you started a thread with a title sure to generate negative attention, and finally, 4) you got what you wanted -- disappointment.

I think once agin you dont know what your talking about!!! 1)I don't see anything negative about his name!
2) Their is nothing negative about his Avatar!
3) The title should not have generating negative attention. It is a legitimate question, and if you are not familiar with the subject enough to answer it (and this is addressed to everyone reading) and do not want to research the matter so that you are contributing an opinion based on fact then you shouldn't be replying to the OP!! When you post an opinion and you have never actually read or studied the subject, and the OP is calling for a response based on facts, its called being counterproductive. I don't think any of the things you've listed as negative to be negative if you truly know what they mean. Now if you've been brainwashed into thinking that they are negative who's fault is that!

interesting. have you ever considered the way your mind works? why you think the way you do, why you respond the way you do? people are fascinating and this includes yourself. i'm sure you've thought long and hard about the way other people function, but what about the way you function? i bet that'd be an interesting thread topic, too.)

Nonsense!

[edit on 7/29/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

1. 666 doesn't have seemingly negative connotations?
2. inverted pentagram doesn't have seemingly negative connotations?
3. calling people's posts on the subject, disinfo, isn't negative?

it doesn't matter that the number 6 is simply a number (by itself), but when you repeat it three times, in a row, in the same sequence, you conjure in people's minds the negative connotations associated with it in that example.

next, the inverted pentagram has negative connotations to more than just christians. as you have witnessed in the thread, some view it as conjuring negative power, such as this thread appears to be doing... negatve generates negative. i'm attempting to inject some neutrality into it by recognizing
the op's value as a human being and worthy of the same consideration as any other person, and by pointing out that self-inspection is helpful, as it teaches us about ourselves (which is where the majority of our problems arise, doncha agree?). he may have already done so, and that's fine, but let him speak for himself on this subject.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by re22666

too late now. you've already got it fixed in your mind that anyone who disagrees with you is either trolling your thread or simply too lazy to read the OP (and although that may be the case occassionally, you can't chalk up all dissent to trolls and lazy people). not that you haven't fairly acknowledged when someone has read the op and disagreed with you, but it's human nature to remember the bad more often than the good (which may explain some of your dilemma), and after this many pages, all you'll remember is the bad.

watch and see.

Undo you drive me nuts!!!!! This is so unfair and I'm sure untrue. I realize this isn't addressed to me but I am compelled to answer the Obvious. re22666 doesn't have a problem with someone who may think differently as long as they are able to articulate how they have reached their conclusion. If that conclusion was reach through study, reading etc then you should be able to Quote or direct him to the source of the infomation that helped you form your opioin. If you are just pulling stuff out of your *@#* then I think he has every right to be frustrated/dissatisfied with the out come of this thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

*rolls eyes and giggles* I drive you nuts? I've never driven anyone nuts before. You should read the rest of my posts in this thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

1. 666 doesn't have seemingly negative connotations?
2. inverted pentagram doesn't have seemingly negative connotations?
3. calling people's posts on the subject, disinfo, isn't negative?

it doesn't matter that the number 6 is simply a number (by itself), but when you repeat it three times, in a row, in the same sequence, you conjure in people's minds the negative connotations associated with it in that example.

next, the inverted pentagram has negative connotations to more than just christians. as you have witnessed in the thread, some view it as conjuring negative power, such as this thread appears to be doing... negatve generates negative. i'm attempting to inject some neutrality into it by recognizing
the op's value as a human being and worthy of the same consideration as any other person, and by pointing out that self-inspection is helpful, as it teaches us about ourselves (which is where the majority of our problems arise, doncha agree?). he may have already done so, and that's fine, but let him speak for himself on this subject.

LOL you really should watch this! Their is nothing Evil about a Pentagram

The earliest Christians were converted pagans. One of the arguments the early Church used to convert pagans to Christianity was that Jesus Christ had more solar attributes than any other god. His face was even reputed to shine like the sun (Matt 17:2). Examining the metaphorical logic of equating Jesus with Helios the Sun, one has to ask ... is there any kind of logical reason or secret knowledge that the early Gnostic Christians were aware of to make these kind of comparisons? Is there some kind of a link between the raised Jesus (8880) and the Magic Square of the Sun whose number is 666?

www.jesus8880.com...

the magic costant is 111, three one. The sum of all the numbers of the square is 666, the number of the Beast of th Apocalypse. The colours are: purple or magenta for the numbers and yellow for the background. The metal of the Sun is gold

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 7/29/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
and to lighten the mood!

(totally off topic unless you consider my assertion that i'm trying to insert some positive into the discussion)

[edit on 29-7-2008 by undo]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

you really should watch this! Their is nothing Evil about a Pentagram

You're preaching to the choir on the topic of a pentagram having any power of its own. I don't believe for five seconds that geometric shapes have power other than their ability to signify the deeper language of mathematics, but above that, i think a pentagram is just a bunch of intersecting lines. The REAL power given to any symbol is FAITH. It's all between the ears my friend, all between the ears. And that, is my lesson for today kiddies. hehehe

Now on to happier times

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
As far as 666 goes, I read a very believable and fully relatable definition of it. It appears that in both of the primary biblical languages (greek and hebrew), the numerological value (as counted by hebrew scholars) was "Lateinos".

Observe:

The numeric equivalents of Greek letters can also be found in the Encyclopedia Britannica under "Languages of the World", Table 8.

The ancient Greek word for "the Latin speaking man" is LATEINOS
L = 30 lambda
A = 1 alpha
T = 300 tau
E = 5 epsilon
I = 10 iota
N = 50 nu
O = 70 omicron
S = 200 sigma
------------

www.ao.net...

this makes perfect sense for a couple really obvious reasons:

1) the gentleman writing the text is in prison on the Isle of Patmos, put there as an enemy of the Roman (Lateinos) Empire.

2) seven heads of the beast are seven mountains (a reference to the seven hills of rome)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

As far as 666 goes, I read a very believable and fully relatable definition of it. It appears that in both of the primary biblical languages (greek and hebrew), the numerological value (as counted by hebrew scholars) was "Lateinos".

Observe:

The numeric equivalents of Greek letters can also be found in the Encyclopedia Britannica under "Languages of the World", Table 8.

The ancient Greek word for "the Latin speaking man" is LATEINOS
L = 30 lambda
A = 1 alpha
T = 300 tau
E = 5 epsilon
I = 10 iota
N = 50 nu
O = 70 omicron
S = 200 sigma
------------

www.ao.net...

this makes perfect sense for a couple really obvious reasons:

1) the gentleman writing the text is in prison on the Isle of Patmos, put there as an enemy of the Roman (Lateinos) Empire.

2) seven heads of the beast are seven mountains (a reference to the seven hills of rome)

I give up!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

and to lighten the mood!

(totally off topic unless you consider my assertion that i'm trying to insert some positive into the discussion)

[edit on 29-7-2008 by undo]

Aha! You have made a classic mistake! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never get involved in death when a Sicilian is involved!"

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
i thought 666 was code for nero? anyhoo....Church of Satan is just another bunch of nonsense,although if there is disinfo being spread it is your right to corect it....

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join