It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is there so much satanism disinfo here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
almost every category I go into, somehow ends up with a post about how it is linked to satanism. and half the time it is ignored, half the time it starts a whole new discussion full of the most rediculous statements thrown out willy nilly as facts. satanism apparently is at the root of every conspiracy, the masons are satanic, the reptillians are satanic, the government is satanic....and on and on. i wouldnt even mind so much if it weren't for the fact that so many people speak so authoritatively about so many subjects but when i see what is laid down as "knowledge" of satanism, I lose faith in the idea that anyone hear knows anything of anything at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Hey, i like you signature....

But you discuss this case, it would make sense that masons, reptillians, and the government would be "satanic" because they are smarter than the general public. So they would be "knowlege" seekers.

Maybe a few bad apples is spoiling a bunch. All in all, the worst makes the news.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
Hey, i like you signature....

But you discuss this case, it would make sense that masons, reptillians, and the government would be "satanic" because they are smarter than the general public. So they would be "knowlege" seekers.

Maybe a few bad apples is spoiling a bunch. All in all, the worst makes the news.

interesting thought. if it werent for the fact that i would rather not be linked with an imaginary race of mars abandoners that live inside the earth, id go with that. i guess the whole, angel of light/enlightenment thing kinda keeps it intertwined with illuminatti. but i mean, there is no other religion talked about on here that can have so many opposing characteristics attributed to it without question and so readily cheered and encouraged. I understand that there are more than Laveyan Satanists that consider themselves satanists, and i'd love to hear from them too but I guess I am addressing the people that post crap saying that the masons did it as part of some satanic child molesting, sacrifice, devil worship ritual at bohemian grove. they may do that crap, but why call it satanic. evil? sure. insane? yup. satanic? i thought the god there was moloch? you get what im saying i hope.

by the way, in some abstract way i think that atomic peace sign so perfectly sums up our times, peoples ideas these days, this board. thats the best example of irony written or depicted i have ever seen.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Maybe its part of steering you away from such groups. If you are a commoner, why would you mess with a "satanic" group. And it might be satanic in nature, but they don't call it that, its from all the authors and writters who use that as the closest description.

"Satanic" "Satanism" raaaawr

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
it's a generalization based on a broad definition of
luciferianism. for example, if god says no, and you do it anyway,
you are in rebellion against the will of god for your life. it
can have many ramifications and isn't isolated to behavioral
issues or reigning in of your personal tendencies.

here's an oldy moldy example:

gilgamesh, king of uruk, 2/3rds god, a biblical nephilim,
(a hybrid) decides he wants to build his city from the cedars
of the nearby cedar wood forest. enlil (who some feel is the
equivalent of the biblical jehovah) says no, because he says,
the trees will never grow back (apparently they were very old,
mature cedars, past the point of reseeding). gilgamesh does it
anyway and the trees never grow back, so that cedar wood forest
is gone forever.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
re2266, I don't claim to be an authority of Satanism, and have no desire to be, but, I will tell you this, you are correct in regards to things being labeled as "Satanism" when it actually has no connection at all. I have read extensively on the occult, and it always gets labeled as being "Satanic." Hogwash... People tend to run their mouths about belief systems they know absolutely nothing about.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
it's a generalization based on a broad definition of
luciferianism. for example, if god says no, and you do it anyway,
you are in rebellion against the will of god for your life. it
can have many ramifications and isn't isolated to behavioral
issues or reigning in of your personal tendencies.

here's an oldy moldy example:

gilgamesh, king of uruk, 2/3rds god, a biblical nephilim,
(a hybrid) decides he wants to build his city from the cedars
of the nearby cedar wood forest. enlil (who some feel is the
equivalent of the biblical jehovah) says no, because he says,
the trees will never grow back (apparently they were very old,
mature cedars, past the point of reseeding). gilgamesh does it
anyway and the trees never grow back, so that cedar wood forest
is gone forever.

i get all that in the context of a christian world. chrstianity is not the religion of the realm...so satan and lucifer are not the antirelgious figures of the realm. take the reptillians - i understand your analogy and your point is completely valid but the reptillian history reaches far beyond any satan or lucifer or christianity so...why the word "satanic." we have an official church and religion like anyone else. so in your context, i see how that fits for ignorant people. but in the grand scheme of ATS with pleadians, reptillians, sumerians, anunaki, all this crap that goes far beyond the word satan in history yet somehow gets linked to satanic? why do we have to frame everything evil from a christian point of view?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

i think the issue is obvious: it's a generalization. whenever you are outside the will of god for your life, you are in the will of his enemy. there doesn't appear to be much gray area in this regard. it doesn't mean a person outside god's will for their life at any given point is a satanist. it just means, generally-speaking, that individual is behaving satanically. if that makes sense.

what is god's will for your life, is the question. some view the concept of constantly worrying if you are in god's will for your life, the opposite of having free will. if luciferanism encourages free will and god does not, then the two are in enmity with each other. i think it works more like this:

you have free will. you choose to surrender it to god. this inevitably leads to your freedom.
you have free will. you choose to retain that free will in everything you do. this envitably leads to your enslavement.

something about cause n' effect.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by undo]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It's a christian thing. SInce the majority of people are Christian, anything that complements each other in their eyes is good, anything different is evil.
And yeah, it's to different varieties, Most likely I can find some common ground with one of the fundies who think my beliefs are Satanic (Dinosaurs, Bible a lot of ggood stories and parables, ect.)
Truth is, everyone has a comfort zone, even when you push the bounderies you're just making the box bigger, and there's always someone or something on the outside.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

why do we have to frame everything evil from a christian point of view?

i can frame it from a sumerian viewpoint if you wish but it'll come out sounding pretty much the same.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

i can frame it from a sumerian viewpoint if you wish but it'll come out sounding pretty much the same.

Well, evil is evil, but not everything that deviates from what the "church" says is evil... You see, that's the rub.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

i think the issue is obvious: it's a generalization. whenever you are outside the will of god for your life, you are in the will of his enemy. there doesn't appear to be much gray area in this regard. it doesn't mean a person outside god's will for their life at any given point is a satanist. it just means, generally-speaking, that individual is behaving satanically. if that makes sense.

what is god's will for your life, is the question. some view the concept of constantly worrying if you are in god's will for your life, the opposite of having free will. if luciferanism encourages free will and god does not, then the two are in enmity with each other. i think it works more like this:

you have free will. you choose to surrender it to god. this inevitably leads to your freedom.
you have free will. you choose to retain that free will in everything you do. this envitably leads to your enslavement.

something about cause n' effect.

see, as much as i appreciate your effort, i cannot help but feel like i asked for a scientific explanation of erosion and you are in looking in the bible for it. I am coming at this from and OUTSIDE of the bible perspective. the world, this board, is made up of such a broad number of religions that i was hoping for more of an objective view and not one from the bible. that kind of defeats the purpose anyway.

i know the name is disillusioning. satanism makes christians feel like they know what it is. yup the word was hijacked shamelessly but that does not negate the fact that if my stove had been called a car, i still would not ask my automechanic to fix my gas stove(now called car.)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Well, evil is evil, but not everything that deviates from what the "church" says is evil... You see, that's the rub.

i'm going to take a guess that most people don't view everything that deviates from what the church says is evil. the church is an org. what matters is what christ says to you, as a christian. that can happen anywhere, at any time, and without the approval of anyone but christ. of course, he follows his own guidelines. but his guidelines are not papal writs or sunday morning sermons, athough those things may bare some similarity.

we over tick the plumbing, over think things. that's the nature of the analytical mind. it happens everywhere, in every type of thought process you care to name, and usually in favor of whatever paradigm we are currently nursing.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

i guess that is my point. anything evil in here is labeled satanic. and from the stuff i see about satanism, there are precious few here that actually know what it is. it is not just a general term for evil, that is a christian myth. i originally came to this place looking for some truths. i found more ignorance pushed as knowledge and more links made where there are none. and i am very open minded to alot of this stuff. i just have a hard time understanding how noone can seem to know what satanism actually is yet know that everything is somehow satanic.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

we over tick the plumbing, over think things. that's the nature of the analytical mind. it happens everywhere, in every type of thought process you care to name, and usually in favor of whatever paradigm we are currently nursing.

are you suggesting empty blind following in place of say...thinking? i know that sounds kind of hostile, i come across as a bigger jerk in text than i mean to and i appologize for that, lol.

link   

Originally posted by re22666

see, as much as i appreciate your effort, i cannot help but feel like i asked for a scientific explanation of erosion and you are in looking in the bible for it.

i see, i thought you wanted an explanation for why christians think everything is satanic. lol

well you have umpteen different viewpoints, each with their particular pet peeve and interpretation of what is and isn't evil and what is and isn't threatening the destiny of humankind. so you will get umpteen different satans.

link   
reply to post by undo

I'd say that you are right there.
We tend to make much ado about, at least in the eyes of God, nothing.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Why would you want to be "Satanic"?

It's silly, childish, and trust me I know... my former band mate is now into all that Satanism stuff, and he acts like a childish paranoid judgmental prick. He tried to kill me twice, so I dunno. Satanists just don't sit well with me after it twisted my former best friend into a cold hearted monster. Karma, my friend. You rebel against the force that created "Satan" in the first place, you rebel against yourself. Do you even know what you are doing? Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean here, but yes I am in a position of wisdom to tell you that what you are supporting here is pure blasphemy, in the truest sense of the word.

Do you even understand the concepts and the truths BEHIND the major religions? I understand the dogma of "Religion" isn't to your liking. Neither is it to mine... but all Satanism stands for is discord and chaos, and that is totally out of harmony with the planet Earth and the Universe in general.

I've heard it all about Satanism from murder boy, so trrrust me, it is a futile effort, my dear friend.

Satanism isn't going to harm anything except yourself, in the end. The universe will still turn, and the force that created all of this will still continue creating its creatures to observe and enjoy creation, whether they wish the Creator created them or not.

Satanism is like THEE most childish thing you could possibly ever be into.

Why are you into this tantrum against creation cult again?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

see, as much as i appreciate your effort, i cannot help but feel like i asked for a scientific explanation of erosion and you are in looking in the bible for it.

i see, i thought you wanted an explanation for why christians think everything is satanic. lol

no i was more than happy to get a christians input but not, like i was pointing out, a christian stating thnig about satan as if they were fact because that is what they BELIEVE. i love discussing it, how you feel, think. but when i see people state facts, they shouldnt come from any religious viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
UNDO you are my new foe if you are religous?

Are you religous? I thought ATS denies ignorance?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join