It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Larry King Live UFO show this Friday (July, 18) on CNN!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well said Cowardly lion. I agree with your intelligent analysis, so for me ...'nuff said!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

i know a few people that were in the military, and not too recently, they told me a few stories about things they seen. first thing i asked them all was could the " craft" have been military......i was laughed at. these people were in the military before the 90's, which i guess it could have been possible, but i was laughed at by these people that i questioned. they also stated that if it moved like an airplane, then its an airplane, but when it turns around and shoots off into seemingly into space then what is it.

i also asked them if there were little green men, they all told me the same thing, there is something out there, they dont know what color

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Did Fox not start to say something about some video evidence he may be coming out with regarding the Phoenix sighting? Not the flares, but of the craft sighted earlier in the evening??. Did anyone else catch that? Camera phones wern't so common then, unlike today. A daytime flyby from a craft that large would be photographed much more in today's world.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hi BH

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I did watch the show and what I think is that Bill Nye is simply a strict "scientific method" supporter. Therefore NOTHING can be assumed. Not even if you have mounds of evidence. Evidence is NOT proof.

He doesn't bother me too much. I was surprised how defensive one of the other guys got, though. Pretty funny. He was calling Bill Nye "pal". "Listen, pal."

I don't know how people believe that we are alone in the Universe, but still, I haven't seen proof. Looking forward to when I do, though.

It was a good show.

Had to chime in on this one: Bill Nye is everything "but science!" The very first step in "scientific method" is the observation of a phenomenon. Nye, Shostak and Shermer have have all admitted "not researching Ufology"; this is akin to criticizing a book one hasn't read.

Nye, who looks like he stepped in a pile of McGaha has repeatedly shown his ignorance in the matter (Ufology); him addressing Stan is like sending a guy with a pea shooter to a gun fight!

Although I don't believe that anyone could make a fool out of himself like McGaha, he's a close second!

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
one of the guys said he thought a scientific pannel should be set up and Larry said "I agree".

I noticed that too...I was also really intrigued by a comment Seth made towards the end:

the bottom line is, Larry, this: Stanton has some insight into alien sociology. He knows what they want. He's failed to convince the scientists of the world. When he does that, you'll have real investigation in this. It will move from the area of fantasy to real science. I'm waiting for that to happen.

I emailed Seth afterwards politely asking him to elaborate on that comment and explain what he believes is necessary to convince the world's scientists that a "real investigation" is worth pursuing.

I don't understand how 1000's of credible eyewitness testimonies, radar reports, physical traces, pictures and videos are not enough to at least make them go "well maybe we should take a deeper look..."?

I'm not holding my breath waiting for a response.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
i saw the show last night and thought it was alright

i mostly agreed with bill nye, on the reason, that anything UFO doesnt mean that it is alien operated

thats what he was going with all along

he didnt seem to dispute the fact of craft like that existing, he was disputing that not all of those are alien

i agree with that completely. i think alot of sightings my be human operated and made machines

i do how ever also believe that aliens exist, until PROVEN mass sightings or disclosure

we can safely say that not all UFO are of alien nature

its amazing how much television time this subject is getting recently

i think its kinda cool

But if it isn't Alien, then why on earth (no pun), are the powers that be fighting wars, using the energy we are using and basically causing most of us to live in a Matrix type Lie concerning our reality? Or why are they flying some of this stuff directly over people's homes? Usually highly classified stuff is flown in secret locations. If they are not afraid of showing this stuff off in public, then why the secrecy in the first place?

If they had this technology as far back in '64, or as far back as the 40's then something is definitely wrong with the reality we are being presented with. Then everything about mans development we are told is possibly a lie.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by talisman]

[edit on 19-7-2008 by talisman]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I couldn't agree more with you. I just don't think guy wants to hear it. He has his own interests on the line, mainly his job.

What i found funny about the guests in the second half of the show...the one guy who is not a scientest sounded the most reasonable and sane of the whole group. Stanton is blabbering about "MY BOOK>>MY NEW BOOK", Bill Nye was a mockery to anyone associated with science with extremely lame and vague explanations, and the SETI guy really didn't have much to say at all. They say there is no evidence....but i say this. I want proof that black holes exist. I want to see one up close. I want proofs that comets exist. I've never seen one of those with my own eyes. That is the kind of reasoning they are using.

Also i heard Stanton say something about that the seti guy was at one of his speeches or something. That would be strange if true...but i might have heard wrong.

What's crazy is, i have told a few people that i know that 2 weeks ago i saw something that i thought may have been a ufo....and i was very suprised to find that 3 of those people thought they had seen a ufo at one time or another. It's just not something that people bring up in the normal daily grind that we call our lives. None of them had anything reported either. It makes me wonder how many people have actually seen ufos. The numbers have to be insane, explainable or not.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by mc_squared

What i found funny about the guests in the second half of the show...the one guy who is not a scientest sounded the most reasonable and sane of the whole group.

Yes, James Fox was awesome. My favorite was when he reminded everyone (Stanton included) to quit with all the speculation and "stick to the facts!".

Seth Shostak intrigues me though because as a skeptic he definitely seems to take a lot of time to humour the subject of UFOs. Maybe it's all a calculated ploy to draw more attention to his own work but I wouldn't be surprised if he attended some of Friedman's lectures - him and Stanton have a fair bit of history together apparently.

They say there is no evidence....but i say this. I want proof that black holes exist. I want to see one up close. I want proofs that comets exist. I've never seen one of those with my own eyes. That is the kind of reasoning they are using.

Furthermore they do seem to agree that these phenomenon are being legitimately observed (i.e. that they're not all simply the result of hoaxes and "untrained" observations). The part where Shostak and Bow-Tie McGee differ from the rest is they're not willing to make the extra-terrestrial "jump". So? Who's asking you to jump?

We're just asking you to investigate the matter without being a predisposed pompous know-it-all jerk about it. It's amazing how much these guys keep preaching about science this and science that but when someone asks them to apply some science to this mystery they all chicken out and just resort to "well that's quite a step!".

Imagine where we'd be if Einstein/Darwin/Newton/Pythagoras had all said that?...yeesh.

It makes me wonder how many people have actually seen ufos. The numbers have to be insane, explainable or not.

When I checked Larry King's online poll early this morning about whether or not you believe "the government is hiding the truth about UFOs" the results were 90% Yes.

90 friggin percent!!!

Granted an informal poll like that might not be entirely accurate - but do you think if the question was do you believe in the existence of Bigfoot, or Global Warming, or even GOD - the number would be THAT high?

It's really time to start acknowledging this subject goes well beyond simple myth and if you want to genuinely debunk it you need to show it enough respect to at least do your homework first.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Another thing about scientists, and I've been around a few, they are very interested in pursuing obvious unexplained coincidences. In fact, they propose theories to explain them and if then attempt to study these things. Bill did not represent science. In fact, what seems to be pushed to the general uninformed public as science, a credo with opinion already formed, that tries to dummy us all up, is the polar opposite to what it is. Bill makes science look stupid. Something else I've noticed, not only about scientists, but mathematicians, is that they are often incredibly creative and a combination of dreamer/philosopher.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There's a show on FOX news today about UFOs and the government housing them. Something like that. My aunt called me and left a message saying that. I'm going to check my TV guide to see if/when it re-airs tonight...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

There you go Eric, I think you are starting to lighten up a little.

With the TV Guide comment.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting.....

www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2008/07/18/lkl.about.fri.cnn

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hello folks, just a note to let you all know. I just got off the phone with Eric, (ufo reality) the OP.

I have to admit I have bashed this guy to death. Not for reasons of discredit, just to help him present his findings and presentation that dont sound so much like he is just "making things up".

That being said, for someone like myself that has been kind of talking to him on this forum in the way that I do, and hisself telling me on the board that he hates me and doesn't want to know me taking the time to call me and understand me, helps to give the man some credit.

Eric's never been a witness to a UFO but believes sincerely. He may be young, but wants answers the same as the people here that truely believe and want answer to that one thing that has "haunted" us from the day it happened!

Thanks Eric, much respect for you calling me. You sound like a good person. I wish you luck.

He may not have the best presentation skills from which a lot of us has pointed out, but I feel, is a genuine person and a credit to the field. I am willing to help him in any way he needs it.

Keep looking up Eric.

Thanks again.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by lovepens1]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Larry ever hear of the Illuminati?

Well they own the UFOs.

UFOs use Tesla's gaseous ether, existing all around us right
now and free for any one to use, and is more powerful than NASA rockets.

So you can't get anything from NASA experts.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Do you ever post anything that is even closely coherent to anyone other than yourself?

Did you post in the right thread?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

A picture tells a thousand words.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Do you think he's trying to be the next art bell? He has the voice and everything... He just need to put his heart into it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi

A picture tells a thousand words.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Shar_Chi]

I am not a moderator, nor do I pretend to be one, but does this have anything to do with the topic at hand?

Also, a blatent violation of the t's & c's in which you might want to follow up on here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back on topic.

Yes Eric, I will be watching the show on Monday.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Overall a good show and it matters not what Larry King thinks of UFO's. The fact is he has a popular platform and for whatever reason he's putting the subject up on the MSM. Thank you Larry King.

At the beginning Bill Nye was kind of standoffish, but after he settled down I think he did a good job. He never said there are not aliens he just said we have no absolute proof of what they are or where they come from. He's right we don't have any scientific proof.

As far as the complaint that everyone is selling something - well if your going to do a good job you need to make some money along the way.

What I liked most about the show was Stanton's comment about why governments don't want us to know about the Aliens. The governments of the world would no longer be the top dogs and everyone residing on Earth would begin to see themselves as Earthlings instead of belonging to a specific country. It would bring us together as one planet instead of being divided and governments would lose much of the perceived power.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join